Favorite Comic Book Video Games VOTING: 'Batman: Arkham Origins' vs. 'Injustice: Gods Among Us'

• 54 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Favorite Comic Book Video Games VOTING: 'Batman: Arkham Origins' vs. 'Injustice: Gods Among Us' (208 votes)

Batman: Arkham Origins 33%
Injustice: Gods Among Us 50%
I love both of them 13%
I'm not a fan of either game 4%
It brings me great shame to admit I haven't played both and won't be able to before Friday 4%

Every week, we here at Comic Vine ask our community about their favorite comic book runs, live-action and animated movies, and even TV shows. This week, we're going to ask you about something else: comic book video games! Seeing as Deathstroke has been selected as our latest Character of the Month, we're going to highlight two recent games which featured him: Injustice: Gods Among Us and Batman: Arkham Origins!

Now, let's get the obvious out of the way. Yes, these are two totally different genres. One is a third-person action/adventure game and the other is a fighting game. They're completely different experiences, but we want to know if you enjoy one more than the other. Did Arkham Origins impress you with its story and new content? Or perhaps Injustice had you addicted to its multiplayer and mastering combos with your favorite characters? Or maybe you can't choose and love them equally? Whatever your opinion may be, we want to hear from you!

Apologies to the Nightwing community.

You've got plenty of time to make up your mind, readers. The poll will remain open until early Friday (ET), so that should give you the opportunity to dive back into these games and really give this pairing some proper thought. How much of a role does the story play for you? What about the controls and combat? Replay value? Unlockables? Again, you have more than enough time to reflect on this one and chat with your peers about these two choices. And, in the unfortunate event that you haven't played either game yet, hopefully this will motivate you to finally check them out. So, what'll it be, Viners?

Check the homepage this Friday to see which video game wins and why. In the meantime, feel free to make future match-up suggestions in the comments below or tell us via Twitter.

• 
micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If it was Arkham City or Asylum I would pick those. But personally I thought Origins was the weakest of the trio, It had numerous glitches and slowdowns and I was not pleased with the wasted character opportunities with the assassins. With that in mind I'm going with Injustice.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By cloudguy

Gonna have to pick Origins as I haven't played Injustice yet.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

@cloudguy: sorry but your not first

When I posted there was 0 comments then I refreshed the page...XD

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By JakeN7

Injustice because it's actually good.

Also, we've got enough Batman. Injustice gave us a chance to play as the more neglected (as far as video game representation is concerned) members of DC's gallery of heroes, antiheroes, and villains.

Asylum and City both blow it out of the water though...

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

If it was Arkham City I'd go with that but between these two I give it to Injustice all the way. Not just the game being great but with the back story provided by the digital comic series makes it all a great entertainment experience. Green Arrow and Deathstroke ftw by the way in Injustice.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#7  Edited By Teerack

Injustice was good and gave the impressive of effort on the developers part, so I vote Injustice.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice, because of Deathstroke spam.

PB023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Origins is easily the weakest of the 3 Arkham games, but that doesn't detract from the fact that it has an extremely compelling and well-told narrative that puts a new spin on the Dark Knight's first encounter with the Clown Prince of Crime. Joker is just as chaotically brilliant as he is in any of his best appearances, consistently pushing Batman to his limits, and Troy Baker manages to live up to Mark Hamill's legacy with ease. Admittedly, the assassins aspect fell through, but that's just a downside to the focus on Joker. The game also fails to be as polished as Rocksteady's previous games but it never ruined the game for me.

I really enjoyed Injustice as well, and it made me pick up a genre that I've never liked before. The game is fast, well balanced and has a great cast of fighters, but doesn't have the ability to tell a story as well crafted as Origins, with the Injustice comic doing a much better job of justifying why the world exists in the state it is in.

I'm voting for Arkham Origins (even though I really shouldn't measure a game based purely on it's story).

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

You can't ask me to choose. That year was packed with kick-ass games!

TheDemoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheDemoGoblin

Arkham Origins. It was the clear and obvious choice - the game had me playing from 8 AM to 6 PM, and that's some serious gaming. Great graphics, great gameplay, great story and new gameplay elements. Not only is Arkham Origins an entertaining, great gameplay experience, but it surpasses Injustice in almost every aspect.

It managed to retell the early adventures of Batman rather well. The plot and execution were organic, a less experience Bruce Wayne was well depicted, without having the experience of being Batman detracted, and the game even managed to throw in several characters drawn from Batman lore, and it did it so naturally.

The boss battles were incredible, all unique in their own sense. Deathstroke and Copperhead. The player had to incorporate strategy and stealth well enough to complete and clear out areas. The characters were almost brought to life by great voice actors - Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker, respectively.

This shouldn't be compared to Injustice. Not because I dislike Injustice - I actually love it very much, but Arkham managed to craft well executed story and gameplay - and Injustice's story is very weak, and the Gameplay is the same as the formula found in other fighting games.

So, Arkham Origins for me.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@micah said:

If it was Arkham City or Asylum I would pick those. But personally I thought Origins was the weakest of the trio, It had numerous glitches and slowdowns and I was not pleased with the wasted character opportunities with the assassins. With that in mind I'm going with Injustice.

This.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 47

Injustice sucked and stole its storyline. Arkham Origins was a rushed game with no reason to exist other than to get another Arkham game out so people would mindlessly buy it while Rocksteady worked on the real next Arkham game. It shouldn't even be considered part of the same series.

I probably should have voted that I'm not a fan of either, but I voted for Origins. Gameplay was pretty good and the set up for the story was great (unfortunately they took a great set-up and ruined it), and I can't say either of those things about Injustice.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed playing both, but Origins easily beats Injustice for me. The plot was far more engaging, the gameplay was mostly on par with the previous versions of the series which is great because they have been praised and copied by other companies due to its fluidity and satisfying combat system. The main actors for Batman(Kevin Conroy) and Joker(Mark Hamill) were also replaced to make them sound younger, this caused many to worry, but the new voice actors Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker were perfect. I was surprised that the multiplayer mode that Origins had was actually good, but had a small player base and died quickly. I guess if thats not what you're looking for its down to if you like open world beat'em ups more or fighters.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Injustice is great

Arkham Origins is a broken mess

SlamAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 59

Origins was definitely the weakest so far of the Arkham games, but the illusion of being Batman is so ingrained in the series that I can't help but love it. Meanwhile, Injustice Gods Among Us doesn't have the same complete hero experience. It's a fighting game, which I have always found to have diminishing returns.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice because I have fighting games bias

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Origins,never gave a crap about fighting games.

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Injustice for me. I felt that Arkham Origins was the weakest of the series, having several bugs, not posing much of a challenge, and the twist made it seem like they can't have a game without you know who being the central villain, which wastes several of the characters included. Although, I did find Origins enjoyable, it is a low point for the Arkham series and I prefer Injustice. Injustice has a terrific story, several of our favorite DC characters with new looks and different costumes to use. The fights are fluid and easy to learn, the environment also playing a factor into fights also increases the over the top fun. Multiplayer is also fun, taking a page out of the most recent Mortal Kombat. The only problems I had with Injustice were the awful graphics in the campaign, as they really looked terrible and they didn't bother to improve them after porting the game over to next-gen consoles. The in-game graphics in fights however looked good. My other problem is the lack of stages to fight in, as the ones available are too similar and too many of them are from Batman's world. Other than that I loved Injustice, and it became one of my favorite fighting games, as I purchased it when it released on PS3 and then again when I got my PS4. Hopefully those rumors for an Injustice II turn out to be true

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Injustice easy it had a better story and it wasn't full of glitches. Arkham Origins was a huge disappointment when compared to the first two Arkham games and a decent game when it stands alone. Injustice was awesome who doesn't want to pit their favorite superheroes against each other in a deathmatch?

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice was more party fun. AO, I played through the story, finished the side things, and maybe was lucky to find 1 online match for it. Which was very fun. But overall Injustice.

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I love both games to death, Injustice is the better game.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like them both.

Arkham Origins Is indeed weaker than Arkham city, but lets face it, most games are weaker than Arkham City. Origins still has a great story, decent level design and good voice acting, despite the absence of Conroy and Hamill. The tales of glitches are bad, and I was the victim of one too, but I got around it and the rest of the game was very enjoyable.

One thing that Origins does have that is leagues ahead of Injustice is the online gameplay. Injustice has the standard online playability, with a couple of different modes like king of the hill, but it is still just fighting against other characters in the same way as the offline modes. Arkham Origins however has a great system of online play, where you play as a thug in either Joker's gang or Bane's gang, fighting both the opposing gang, and Batman and Robin at the same time. You get to play as Batman and Robin now and again, and you can chose the way your thug looks and the weapons he carries.

Origins also tries to increase the gameplay time by giving a 'new game +' like the previous games, but also 'I am the night' mode where you must complete the story without ever falling to an enemy. Obviously this is for compulsive 100% players (like me).

Injustice has a nice roster of characters that makes for some fun match ups and allows for your friends to prove their favourite character is the best. The characters have some very cool super moves and a lot of excellent intro and victory scenes. The combat system is clever and tactical with the use of the power meter allowing you to either boost your standard moves, initiate the wager system, or save it for the super move. Nice graphics and Voice acting from a great cast boost the fun, even Stephen Amell Voices Green Arrow!

Game play is increased with the S.T.A.R. labs missions, 10 for every character, and the archives allow you to unlock different skins and the endings. The only criticism I have of injustice the that some characters are extremely unbalanced and some win at all costs gamers exploit this so that they win if they hit you just twice which can ruin the fun of the online gameplay, especially that of the casual gamer, but this is fault of both the designer who put these possibilities in the game and the players who exploit it.

No one is going to pretend that either of these games are the perfect game, but they are both very fun to play. Bring on the sequels!

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

INjustice was an awesome game Batman Arkham Origns was a crap game....so Injustice is the better video game

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#27 frozen  Moderator

Injustice is an insult to anyone who is a fan of the character Superman, so Origins is better.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't like this poll tbh. They are both great games but they are also incredibly different.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love both. Arkham Origins was a step down from the previous two Arkham games so it only got mixed to positive reviews, but it was still a great game with a good story. Same can be said about injustice, and the controls in injustice were nice and simple.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By DwightSpitz

Arkham Origins is a pale re-hash of City, but that doesnt make it a bad game, far from it. If I had never played, seen or heard of City or Asylum before, Origins would've blown me away completely.

I like Injustice but the game has too repetitive animations & I was really disappointed in the lacking roster, some odd characters-choices (why did they choose Grundy & why did they exclude Darkseid) & of course, Batman's ridiculously ugly design.

Last but not least, its a little weird to compare the Arkham series to a pure old school fighting game... beyond the fact that there are superhero skins slapped over it, the games are nothing a like, kinda like comparing Gran Turismo to NB2K.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rogueshadow  Moderator

While Arkham Origins is beneath City and Asylum in terms of innovation and general enjoyabilty, it's still a very good game.

I have only played bits of IGAU and didn't enjoy it at all, though I'm not fond of fighting games, the plot is good though and I love the comic prequels.

Origins for me, very easily.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm afraid I voted "neither". I simply don't like either game enough to vote for them.

Arkham Origins was technically a good game, but it was lacking both originality and heart. The glitches really killed it for me especially.

Injustice had the potential for a good story, as shown by the comics. But I considered the game's actual writing to be poor, the graphics to be bad for the time it was released, and I hate nether realms fighting style. It's too jerky and unnatural looking for me.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@sagejonathan said:

I don't like this poll tbh. They are both great games but they are also incredibly different.

A point which is discussed in the intro ;)

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I loved Origins great game but Injustice has a lot more awesome DC charterers and a kick ass story. It also has way more replay ability over Origins.

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KingAres109

I was go read everyone comment but can't.Origins is horrible compared to the other 2 Arkham games.Its not even close.And why is Deathstroke depowered in every other media besides comics??Lol..The fight with Slade in Origins was so easy my 8 year old niece smashed him.Sorry but Origins dropped the ball..Injustice was a very good game,but they could've done better with the characters.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Injustice hands down. Origins was a buggy piece of crap.

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Origins is inferior to Asylum and City in every department except story, I think Origins had a better story

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice moved far too quickly. I finished the story portion of the game within a day. And the fighting style did not offer enough originality to make for high replay/multiplayer value.

Arkham Origins, on the other hand, had me enthralled for days. It's a lot better than people give it credit for, in my book.

Neon_Jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham Boregins

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are not comparable games. Fail.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecannon: What did Injustice steal its plot from?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JakeN7

@supbatz: Of course you finished story mode within a day. It's a fighting game...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 k4tzm4n  Moderator

These are not comparable games. Fail.

Thank you for reading the introduction!

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@supbatz: Of course you finished story mode within a day. It's a fighting game...

It's a matter of preference. I'm not the fighting game type because I typically prefer games to be more story-driven than gameplay-driven. And in Injustice's case, I didn't feel that the gameplay was innovative or original enough to make up for the half-baked story.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JakeN7

@supbatz: As do I. I believe story is the most important aspect of most games. But I know what I'm getting into with a fighting game.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By IDontLikeBirds

Easy pick, Injustice. I work at an after school program and Injustice is the game we play there all the time. I've managed to get kids who weren't into comics really, get interested. They'd play a character and ask things like "Who's Deathstroke?", "So what's the difference between a yellow lantern and green lantern?" and so on. The game also had a variety of costumes and characters, plus it made Aquaman into a total boss.

RoTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to give this to Injustice. The game play was a lot of fun, the character designs were excellent, and the story mode really blew me away. My only gripe with the game is that I thought certain character's move sets could have been represented a whole lot better *cough*Green Lantern and The Flash*cough*.

Also, I will admit that I never played Arkham Origins and that was mainly because Rocksteady was not the developer of the game. I didn't have total faith in WB Games: Montreal. And it turned out that my concerns were right, especially since the game was marred with a lot of bugs. :-/

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only played kindle edition of Injustice. I imagine that regular console version is vastly superior but it is still fun.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it was City or Asylum I would have chosen them but I couldn't even bare to finish Origins. Injustice is also my favourite fighting game so Injustice.