• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (34887 posts) 6 months, 8 days ago

Poll: Favorite Animated Shows VOTING: Batman Beyond vs. Justice League Unlimited (350 votes)

Batman Beyond 21%
Justice League Unlimited 50%
I love both of them 27%
Sorry, I'm not a fan of either 1%
I'm ashamed to admit I haven't watched either one and won't be able to before Friday 1%

DC has a fairly awesome track record with animated shows. Sure, some have been cancelled far too soon (here's looking at you, Young Justice, Green Lantern TAS, and Beware the Batman), but they were at least enjoyable rides while they lasted. This week, instead of asking you to reflect on two runs by the same comic writer, we want you to dive back into two of DC's animated shows. We figured we should go big or go home with the first pairing, so we want you to compare two classics: Batman Beyond and Justice League Unlimited! Will you side with the story of future Gotham City or the adventures involving so many of the world's heroes and villains? No matter which one you ultimately decide to side with, I think most of us can agree they're both incredibly fun and entertaining shows. Seriously, if you haven't checked them out, you really should give them a chance at some point. Both stand the test of time quite well. And yes, assuming this segment isn't a total failure, it will eventually include non-DC shows and movies!

Look, we get this isn't an easy decision and there's no need to make up your mind just yet. Voting is open until Friday morning (ET), so that should give you a fair amount of time to really think this one through. And if you happen to have Netflix, you'll be happy to hear both of these shows are currently streaming! Once the poll is locked, we'll post an article on Friday with the results and highlight some posts. So, if you're going to vote, be sure to share your thoughts with us, too. If it's excellent enough there's a chance we'll feature it in the updated article! Did a specific episode help sway your decision? Maybe a certain character? We want to know! So, which will it be, Viners?

Check the homepage this Friday to see which show wins and why. In the meantime, feel free to make future match-up suggestions in the comments below or tell us via Twitter.

#1 Posted by RustyRoy (13825 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both of them

#2 Posted by Farkam (5273 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU.

#3 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6444 posts) - - Show Bio

I love them both (my vote). I can't choose.

#4 Posted by Squalleon (4834 posts) - - Show Bio

The wider roster of JLU and at least for me being my first contact with the wider DCU gives it an easy win.

#5 Posted by dagmar_merrill (10238 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU is easily the superior show.

#6 Posted by longbowhunter (7691 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are great but JLU beats out Batman Beyond. I loved seeing all the obscure characters.

#7 Posted by flameboy298 (1916 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU is a masterpiece it focused on several characters through the series and did them all justice.The stories we're great aswell! JLU takes this! Best DC show IMO

#8 Edited by micah (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both, I will not choose between them.

#9 Posted by Rainja (478 posts) - - Show Bio

What a conincidence. Last night i was deciding which show i should sit down and watch and i had to choose between these two. I went with Justice league unlimited. One of the greatest american animated series ever created.Well written, great animation. GREAT characters. For comic readers,Justice league Beyond further expands on this universes mythology which i found as great......Diffrently, Dc animation is always good. The storys they tell or adapt, the animation and the characters they use are all good choices.I personally wish Marvel can do something simmilar in the animation department but i guess there focuses are on movies. As a reader who reads both marvel and dc i am starting to notice that Marvel generally markets to Everyone, hence why they usually have a happy and laughy atmosphere generally speaking(which i personally dont like that much, its tolerable at best.) and Dc caters more to the fans(which i love),DC alsp generally have a serious/dark tone(Which i love). Anyways. Just saying. :)

#10 Posted by Jphu8414 (3877 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are honestly great shows, the high point of Bruce Timm's work for the DCAU. Both shows had amazing animation and voice acting

I have to give the slight edge to Justice League Unlimited. I really enjoyed the expanded cast that included all sorts of DC Universe characters (even some lesser known ones) and I also enjoyed the overall story arcs (CADMUS one was my favorite)

#11 Posted by dondave (38882 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU

#12 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

Buttman is not even a choice.

#13 Posted by Cloudguy (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't do this to me....

#14 Edited by GraniteSoldier (8828 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both of them, and vote for both, but I think I have a hairs breadth favoritism to Batman Beyond.The reality is both at great shows I can throw on any time, any episode, and be entertained. Neither got the service length it deserved.

Batman Beyond took a lesser known Batman story and turned it into something everyone could enjoy. The story, trials, amd character of Terry McGinnis is distinctly different from Bruce Wayne. It's always fun seeing a less honed and refined Batman still be creative and overcome an obstacle.

JLU was awesome because it highland many members of the League, not just the big 3. Personally my wife and I loved any episodes revolving around Green Arrow and Back Canary.

#15 Edited by ScarletBatman (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are great choices. You cannot go wrong with either. I love both of them a lot. Some of the best episodes of JLU were the ones that involved Terry.

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34908 posts) - - Show Bio

Had to go for both

#17 Posted by tparks (5363 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Beyond was such a great show.

#18 Posted by Techherofan (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't choose between them so I wont,love them both and both are great cartoons.

#19 Posted by sagejonathan (2024 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both, but I favor Batman Beyond.

#20 Posted by jwrose5 (63 posts) - - Show Bio

They're tied together. I enjoyed both equally. In JLU, you got to see all of the smaller, underrated heroes in their own adventures. It wasn't solely based on the big 7, but the ones with them were amazing, though few and far in between. Both showed appearances of the Justice League Beyond. I gotta say JLU was my favourite.

#21 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Beyond. I haven't seen much JL Unlimited but I love Batman Beyond so I'm going to have to stick with it.

#22 Posted by Pokeysteve (8652 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU easily.

#23 Posted by KEROGA (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

BOTH

#24 Edited by NukeA6 (535 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU is superhero animation perfection. Batman Beyond isn't anywhere near that.

#25 Posted by kilon (124 posts) - - Show Bio

anybody who says BB is the best above JLU hasn't seen JLU in action.

#26 Edited by The Stegman (25961 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate you for doing this to me..I would vote both, but that's for fence sitters and kind of a cop out, sooo, I'm going with JLU. Great expanded cast of characters, great stories and plus, we get Batman Beyond in it too, technically!

#27 Posted by k4tzm4n (34887 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm ashamed to admit I haven't watched either one and won't be able to before Friday 2%

GASP!

#28 Edited by CrazyScarecrow (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU! The Question episodes were the best!

#29 Edited by substance104 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

BATMAN FREAK'N BEYONDDDD!!

#30 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (2196 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Vitalius (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU. And i am happy that JLU is winning.

#32 Posted by Knightsofdarkness2 (4433 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League Unlimited

#33 Posted by calibretto23 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw them both in their entirety... Beyond just took way more chances... I loved JLU but the only reason its gonna win is sentimentality...

#34 Posted by sentryman555 (823 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate picking the I love both category cause it feels like a cop out......but I had to. It hurt my brain to think which one I liked more!

#35 Edited by Lena_Dante (2515 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU, not even close for me.

#36 Posted by Wardishy (908 posts) - - Show Bio

I had to vote for both, I couldn't choose!

Batman Beyond

• Terry McGinnis
  • Old Bruce
  • New Batsuit
  • Ace
  • Awesome soundtrack
  • Solid rogues gallery
  • Awesome tone and setting
  • Return of the Joker

Justice League Unlimited

• Great and wide-ranging cast of characters, many obscure
  • The Question
  • Green Arrow
  • Moved into more episodic and longer-form story arcs
  • 'Task Force X'
  • Great storytelling and themes
  • Batman
#37 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3793 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU

#38 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3793 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU

#39 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU episode, epilogue: that features a true ending to batman beyond

#40 Posted by The_Comebacks (258 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU by far. I really like both. However, Batman Beyond was much more inconsistent. If you take out the return of the joker movie, this isn't even a contest.

#41 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

Love both of them so much that it's too hard for me to pick just one.

#42 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (7971 posts) - - Show Bio

Love em both, but JLU gets my vote. It had the frickin Question and so many other awesome DC characters. They were written so well!!

#43 Posted by detective38 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU BB was stupid

#44 Posted by Omnicrono (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

Love both... but if I absolutely had to choose, I'd pick JLU.

#45 Posted by Jayc1324 (13374 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated how the JLU barely used the original 7 most times.

#46 Edited by nappystr8 (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League Unlimited, it is such a love letter to DC comics. I love Batman Beyond, and respect that it wasn't afraid to do something new with the franchise, but to a comic fan, seeing all the things JLU did so right, it cannot be beaten.

#47 Posted by patrat18 (10837 posts) - - Show Bio

BOTH.

#48 Posted by Night Thrasher (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Only one has this gem of a character...

#49 Edited by modernww2fare (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU

#50 Posted by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets give Batman the Superboy treatment! Silly, but yeah who doesn't love a retread of the people from B:TAS. Terry Mcgunies is the worst

JLU by a mile, why is this even close?