Fave Archetype

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sling Shot

Whats your favorite type of hero? The tank,the swashbuckler, the comedian, the animal etc.

For you Spidey fans do you find yourself gravitting to Spidey analougs or you Hulk fans like big fellas or you Witchblade fans like..uh..umm..well yadadamean.

Avatar image for captain_cascader
Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Captain Cascader

I dig all the detective types. The guys that seem to be inspired by hard-boiled pulp novels. Batman, John Constantine, Rorschach...etc.

Post Edited:2007-04-20 05:59:26

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lady Tlieso

i'm not really sure how you would classify my favorites. my faves being gambit, psylocke & spider-woman. i suppose you could call them heroes with a past i guess.

Nameless one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nameless one

me I like the freaks

Nightcrawler, Morbius, and the like the more out there they look the more I want to read about them!

so if anyone knows of any others let me know!

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5  Edited By Ms. Invisible

I like ones with a vision, who know what they want and go straight for it eg. Professor X.
Post Edited:2007-04-20 08:00:28

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By The WeatherMan

I like the evil guys. Those that are so evil, it makes your skin crawl. Dr. Doom for example.

GoocherLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By GoocherLee

Chalk me up in the "cosmic adventure" column with a slight lean towards underdogs overcoming adversity.

Icoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Icoop

I like the bad guys with a reason/cause, not so much the mindless "I must conquer the world because I want to" or "Im ugly so I must be evil", I like people like Mr. Freeze(or at least DCAU Mr Freeze), Magneto, even the Sentinels, although not so much their human creators. I like the bad guys where if you think about it you can see where they're coming from.

I like a variety of heroes.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sling Shot

I like a variety as well but I tend to gravitate towards the characters with creative and robust abilities or unique reasoning behind their abilities. They usually operate off a lower level of their power than their actual potential. Jack Hawksmore, Ambrose Chase

I like people that have a regal heir and peerless cunning Nohvar the Marvel Boy, Namor the Sub-Mariner.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#10  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I think my favorite might be warrior kings, you know, the real regal, majestic and imposing heroes and villains. They're not always kings but they're usually leaders and they're so confident and sure of themselves that when they walk into a room or show up on panel, everything stops for a moment and you can feel the respect from both their friends and foes. These guys can also wear a cape without looking silly.

Dr. Doom

Mr. Majestic

Magneto

Black Bolt (he doesn't wear a cape, but he could, I mean, he wears a fork and wing flaps and no ones says anything)

Black Panther

Martian Manhunter

Batman

Silver Surfer (no cape either but you can't tell me he doesn't demand respect when he shows up)

Spawn (more for the cape than anything else)

I also like the really smart guys. Not necessarily math geniuses (though some are) but guys who usually have a plan (and some gadgets) and when they don't, they can think on their feet. Most of the guys on the previous list fit here too.

Spider-Man

Iron Man

Engineer

Deathstroke

Prodigy

Spartan

Guys with unique powers and personalities are interesting as well. Jack Hawksmoore (could also be on the first list, I mean, he was dictator of the world for a while) is one of those. He probably has the most unique powers I've seen in a while.

Then there are characters who are just made to take out the opposition. Their personalities may not be as interesting as others, but they're just cool.

Bullseye

The Killer

Midnighter (he gets extra points because he's got the "always has a plan" thing going, plus he wears a trench coat, the cape for today's world)
Post Edited:2007-05-06 16:26:42

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By zero edge

I like the hot girls.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Walkingstone

I like the sweet ones and the smooth ones:

Speed

Wiccan

Nightwing

Hulkling

Beast

I also like the fighters:

Wolverine

Hulk

Captain America

And the detectives:

The Question

Batman

And similar (though none are coming to mind)

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Final Arrow

I like all types,

Im a massive fan Of Green Arrow and Nightwing

But Love things like the Runaways Maybe I just like the outside type of people like B-list heros

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sling Shot

In all honesty if a character gets the right writer I like them. I especially enjoy b,c,and d-listers getting a reboot. One of my faves of all times is the Grant Morrison run on Animal Man.

I always thought Animal Man had potential [see prior message about creative,versatile characters] but until Grant gave him some life I might have had to imagine him as more than a doormat for Supes and the rest of the glee club.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sling Shot

In all honesty if a character gets the right writer I like them. I especially enjoy b,c,and d-listers getting a reboot. One of my faves of all times is the Grant Morrison run on Animal Man.

I always thought Animal Man had potential [see prior message about creative,versatile characters] but until Grant gave him some life he was a only potentially cool

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Walkingstone

I want to add to mine. I like the kids. Young Avengers, Teen Titans, Runaways. I like the way they're struggling with growing up and also with being powerful.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sling Shot

I ludda Keeds!

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By Final Arrow

Walkingstone says:

"I want to add to mine. I like the kids. Young Avengers, Teen Titans, Runaways. I like the way they're struggling with growing up and also with being powerful."

Yeah the kids storys have been prety cool I like how they are not handling the death of superboy in the titans and the Runaways They gave a ten year old super strength It is such a great concept, She totally detroyed the punisher with one punch made me laugh so hard.

Golden Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Golden Boy

Underdogs all the way! Green Arrow, Animal Man, Nightwing. People who stand toe to toe with people like a million times more powerful than them and dont give it a second thought

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Satyrquaze

Cosmic heroes who, despite their power, are excellent examples of humanity. (i.e. Kyle Rayner, Quasar, Silver Surfer.)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I like the cocky heros and villains, the ass#@!$%

Gambit

Quicksilver

Bullseye

Batman

Sabretooth

Hagane Enna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hagane Enna

The guys who may just be a bit arrogant but are also tortured, like Quicksilver.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Inverno

I can't believe this thread got buried so I am bumping this

Favorite fantasy archetypes are the dark lord, the old wizard, the elvish ranger and the the dwarven fighter

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By satyrgod

The anti-hero and the noble villain; the darker, the better.

The resourceful and highly intelligent, who rely on cunning more than raw power.

The flawed, the damaged.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Blood1991

I'm not even sure how I would classify my taste. My favorite characters really are a mixed bag.

Favorites

Blood1991: Favorites

The 1st four are my all times everyone else is randomly placed

EDITED- Now just comic characters.

1. Storm

The X-Men was my very 1st comic book and Storm had already made an impression on me from the cartoon. She just always stuck with me.

2. Hawkeye

I thought he was a brash sexist ass. It wasn't until I read the old West Coast Avengers that I realized He was a much stronger character and a good hearted person to boot.

3. Captain America

I believe in clear distinctions between right and wrong and I usually always agree with Cap and have since I was a kid.

4. She-Hulk

I love a chick who is confident and ballzie and She-Hulk is all that and more.

5. Wonder Woman

Respect the queen of comic heroines.

6. Harley Quinn

Batman TAS made me fall in love with her. To this day I read her bubbles with a Brooklyn accent.

7. Colossus

Colossus is a gentle giant, that has seen the worst of the world, and in some ways it has corrupted him. At the end of the day he reflects the X-Men's emotional state

8. Zatanna

Zantanna is totally bad ass. How many characters can say they have gone from a side show act to the mistress of magic?

9. Hercules

I love Herc he is strong, funny, and all around awesome

10. Psylocke

Who deosn't love Psylocke?

11. Gambit

The ragin Cajin! Gambit is awesome, he may not be as tough as some of the other X-Men, but he has proved that he deserves the title of hero.

12. Wasp

Janet not only was a founding Avenger, but led them. Plus she solo'd the X-Men and is totally awesome.

13. Misty Knight

She is so under rated. Misty is sexy, cool, and a lady who keeps her witts about her.

14. Aquaman

Aquaman has grown on me quicker than than I thought possible. His new title as made me a fan and I'm proud to say it.

15. Nightcrawler

Not that AOA impostor either the real Kurt. The man who makes you laugh, and stands an example of courage and good character.

16. Michonne

So freakin bad ass. This chick owns the field with that sword.

17. Iron Fist

Martial arts master!

18. Raven

Powerful, dark, and sexy Raven is a troubled soul who will always have a special place in my heart.

19. Invisible Woman

The only FF member I love. Johnny and Ben are cool, but Sue is the sh!t.

20. Medusa

Medusa owns. She is a true warrior queen, and the heart of the Inhumans.

21. Beast

Despite his beastial apperance he is one of the most human characters in comics. Unsure of himself, and self conscience.

22. Kitty Pryde

What can I say, Kitty is beast.

23. Broo

Awww Broo is adorable.

24. Spider-Man

He's freakin Spiderman

25. Black Canary

Sexy, tough as nails, and woman that has earned every bit of recognition she gets.

26. Black Panther

Oh Tchalla, my experiences with your were very vague until you married Storm. So if any good came out of that mess, it was that I became better acquainted with your character. Priest made me a fan, and Hickman is going to do you wonders.

27. Cloak

I love Cloak and Dagger, but I like Cloak a little more.

28. Dagger

I like Dagger alot, but I get kinda p!ssed when she is given more focus than Cloak. Still love you Tandy.

29. Black Lightning

I don't know as much about him as I would like, but I loved him in the JL and plan on learning more.

30. Moonstar

The chick is a hardcore bad ass. Powers no powers she gets the job done.

31. Catwoman

Such a cool cat. Complex, sexy, can crack that whip. I see little not to like.

32. Cannonball

Sam has really grown on me as I've reread X-Books.

33. Poison Ivy

Cunning, deadly, and some what misunderstood. Ivy is a character who only cares about a few people and things in this world. Anything that gets in the way gets obliterated.

34. Sage

Oh Tessa I knew thee well. Cold, but never heartless.

35. Daredevil

36. Doctor Strange

37. Lockjaw

38. Vixen

39. Kid Gladiator

40. Black Bolt

41. Amazon

I just love the idea.

42. Kate Bishop

43. Martian Manhunter

44. Arrow

I love you Arrow the Pizzadog.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By satyrgod

Strong, independent, dominating lady, who doesn't wear lamay during the daytime (seriously, who does that?)

and

The hot, handsome guy with broad shoulders and a sweet ass, who lets his best bud...

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KnightRise

@satyrgod said:

The anti-hero and the noble villain; the darker, the better.

The resourceful and highly intelligent, who rely on cunning more than raw power.

The flawed, the damaged.

For comics: this

GreenFuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GreenFuse

Anti-heroes and tricksters.