Fantastic Four To Be Cancelled In 2015?!

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

Yes. Bleeding Cool is a joke.

Beata

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Not permanent.

/thread

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

This is weird. It seems odd to go back to original numbering at #642, to end on #645, and end on a triple sized issue.

I wonder if they were planning on doing a normal six issue arc, but squished the last three together for some reason.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I still think Marvel has a reboot in the works.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jasonhawke

Finally.

Time to come up with something modern about them or scrap them entirely!

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I thought this was about the movie........

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

If this is true it feels like a very childish thing for marvel to do.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jasonhawke: u sound like the wise guy that thought it was a "hip idea" to make Wally West mulatto.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27 said:

@jasonhawke: u sound like the wise guy that thought it was a "hip idea" to make Wally West mulatto.

You sound like the stubborn old man who's out of touch with the times.

@jasonhawke: Any thoughts on how to modernise them?

Getting rid of those jumpsuits is one (also no leotard on Thing)

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is really stupid IMO. Mostly about WHY it is being canceled.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Finally.

Time to come up with something modern about them or scrap them entirely!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I've not heard anything about Robinson's run on it.. so this isn't very surprising? I mean if this was a critically adored book that everyone loved this would be odd, but it isn't..

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: So when they get rid of the jumpsuits are they going to give them black leather jackets?

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: So when they get rid of the jumpsuits are they going to give them black leather jackets?

If the writers believe that's "modern" then I suppose they would give them Leather Jackets... and while they're at it, they will also have Harley Davidsons too.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: I was just poking fun at the X Men movies. Although I do agree that jumpsuits don't fit modern comics.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@retconcrisis: I actually like how they continue wearing their jump suits made of unstable molecules.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@jasonhawke: I was just poking fun at the X Men movies. Although I do agree that jumpsuits don't fit modern comics.

Are you series? How are they any less "modern" than Spider-Man or Deadpool?

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis said:

Cause Spiderman and Deadpool actually sells!

ZING

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@jonny_anonymous said:

@retconcrisis said:

Cause Spiderman and Deadpool actually sells!

ZING

And so does fantastic four, it's nowhere near the cancellation range.

DERP

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

(Sigh) Marvel why do you keep finding new ways to keep pi$$ing me off? Hopefully this news stays in the rumour mill without any concrete evidence to support it because if Marvel cancel the FF permanently or cancel and reboot them with a new Fantastic Four,

This would be my worst reaction to that news.

Seriously, I'd be so disappointed in Marvel if their comics division is affected by a self centred and arrogant group of film executives at Disney who somehow want to spite Fox by not letting them have a comic series on which the FF film is based. Even though the comic book reading movie audience is only a miniscule percentage compared to the wider film audience who aren't compelled to read the comics afterwards.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MAZAHS117

LOL @ MARVEL!

No Caption Provided

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the angrier the fans get the more the people at marvel enjoy it. I have noted here and on other boards that the angrier some fans get the more other fans love to taunt them about it.

Bleeding Cool might be right that this is a way to try and get the movie rights back from Fox so that another movie franchise can be brought under the umbrella. They can't cancel the X-men but the FF has become in my opinion the old grandparent that no ones wants. The group that built marvel from the ground up has been ill-served by bad writing, especially with this current run. Or they could be going for the big reboot, relaunch at a higher price and with lower quality.

I believe that marvel has a very cynical and mercenary group in charge right now and whether they are mad at fox and trying to get the rights back, or this is just a marketing move or they plan on re-doing the FF title to match the movie... What ever the reason we're powerless to affect it.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: You know reason for the jumpsuits, right? In a world with publicity obsessed celebrities like Niki Minaj and Last Gaga, it makes sense.

"Modernising" doesn't mean you ground everything and make it gritty as possible, GOTG proves this and beat Man of Steel (an already well-known character as well) which tried similar shenanigans to what you suggest.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Then dont worry about it, son.

@maccyd said:

@jasonhawke: You know reason for the jumpsuits, right? In a world with publicity obsessed celebrities like Niki Minaj and Last Gaga, it makes sense.

"Modernising" doesn't mean you ground everything and make it gritty as possible, GOTG proves this and beat Man of Steel (an already well-known character as well) which tried similar shenanigans to what you suggest.

Wait, what? Could you reclarify that post please?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MakkyD

@jasonhawke: Which part? The jumpsuit origin can be googled due to the effort of explaining it. You probably should have known it if you were criticising them.

The second paragraph is showing that making everything grounded in reality is not the best solution.

catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think Marvel has a reboot in the works.

There will probably be an FF reboot, but such is never a certainty. If Fox refuses to give back the rights to Fantastic Four films, it is indeed a possibility that Fantastic Four will stay cancelled permanently. This matter has apparently become quite personal for Disney's top Executive.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

@jasonhawke: Which part? The jumpsuit origin can be googled due to the effort of explaining it. You probably should have known it if you were criticising them.

The second paragraph is showing that making everything grounded in reality is not the best solution.

Feel free to tell me the origins but I just feel that most people arent a fan of the plain-colored, uniform jumpsuits that the FF wears.

When I say "modern" I dont expect my superheroes to be gritty. I never said gritty. I just expect them to be more... updated, with the times.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The FF's original uniforms were home made by Sue and I always liked the design. Simple and not overstated. I liked them far better than the peek-aboo thong Sue wore for a while or the red ones they wear now. I've seen the costumes cosplayed and they look fine. But no one can ever leave well enough alone and the current movie cast seems to be looking for ways to alienate comic book fans.

At least with the FF being canceled maybe Reed can face some consequences for helping to blow up a world full of innocent people.