#1 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Which movie had the worst plot

Which movie had more continuity.

Which movie had worst CGI.

Which actor portrayed there part better Ioan Gruffudd as Reed Richards or Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern

Which main male character was worst Reed Richards or Green Lantern

Which actor portrayed there part better Jessica Alba as Sue Storm or Blake Lively as Carol Farris

Which main female character was worst Sue Storm or Carol Farris

Which villain was worst Dr.Doom or Parralax

#2 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

I usually don't criticize movies in that type of manner but I'd say rise of the silver surfer had worst CGI.

#3 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually liked Green Lantern. Stone me.

It had two villains and too much info and story rushed in to it. It's not easy to do a cosmic movie and obviously even harder for an audience that doesn't know the source. and Parallax looked stupid

#4 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

I also enjoyed the Green Lantern movie, but I've never read a comic of the Green Lantern corps.. So I don't know if I should like the movie or not :P but as far as movies go it wasn't terrible. Could've used more work though, with the way they used Parallax, I thought the bulbous head guy was ridiculous lol.

#5 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

The main thing wrong with GL was the villains. I thought Ryan and Blake and so on were actually pretty good. The CGI on OA was pretty good actually. The villains were just sooooo lame. Parallax was a puff of smoke with 6 heads. Hector looked like a light bulb, and fwiw, I didn't buy GL beating parallax via giant sling-shot.  GL wasn't a great movie, by any stretch, but it wasn't as bad as folks make it out to be. I feel the same way about Daredevil.

I didn't see "Rise of the Silver Surfer" mostly because "Fantastic Four" was so bad, and I didn't want to sit through it again. That movie was as bad, if not worse than folks made it out to be. I lost all respect for my previous comic shop owner when he called it "The best movie he'd ever seen." I understand why he went of business.

#6 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manwhohaseverything: good thing you didnt see FF2

#7 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3316 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern, definitely. It wasn't as bad as people make it out to have been. I also didn't really enjoy either of the FF movies.

#8 Posted by jinxuandi (594 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern only got reviewed as bad as it did because there was so much hype surrounding it and it didn't come close to expectations. Warner bragged that they were planning a trilogy before the movie even came out. The movie is actually just "meh," not great by any means but certainly not terrible.

FF2, on the other hand, is just plain bad.

#9 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manwhohaseverything said:

The main thing wrong with GL was the villains. I thought Ryan and Blake and so on were actually pretty good. The CGI on OA was pretty good actually. The villains were just sooooo lame. Parallax was a puff of smoke with 6 heads. Hector looked like a light bulb, and fwiw, I didn't buy GL beating parallax via giant sling-shot. GL wasn't a great movie, by any stretch, but it wasn't as bad as folks make it out to be. I feel the same way about Daredevil.

I cant agree more

#10 Posted by KraytRawk (606 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manwhohaseverything said:

The main thing wrong with GL was the villains. I thought Ryan and Blake and so on were actually pretty good. The CGI on OA was pretty good actually. The villains were just sooooo lame. Parallax was a puff of smoke with 6 heads. Hector looked like a light bulb, and fwiw, I didn't buy GL beating parallax via giant sling-shot. GL wasn't a great movie, by any stretch, but it wasn't as bad as folks make it out to be. I feel the same way about Daredevil. I didn't see "Rise of the Silver Surfer" mostly because "Fantastic Four" was so bad, and I didn't want to sit through it again. That movie was as bad, if not worse than folks made it out to be. I lost all respect for my previous comic shop owner when he called it "The best movie he'd ever seen." I understand why he went of business.

exactly! i really didn't like how they portrayed Galactus in FF2..

#11 Posted by The_Tree (6403 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Which movie had the worst plot - Green Lantern
  • Which movie had more continuity. - Green Lantern
  • Which movie had worst CGI. - Fantastic Four
  • Which actor portrayed there part better Ioan Gruffudd as Reed Richards or Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern - Ryan Reynolds
  • Which main male character was worst Reed Richards or Green Lantern - Reed Richards
  • Which actor portrayed there part better Jessica Alba as Sue Storm or Blake Lively as Carol Farris -Blake Lively by a hair.
  • Which main female character was worst Sue Storm or Carol Farris - Sue Storm
  • Which villain was worst Dr.Doom or Parralax - Parallax

Both of these movies were terrible, but I'd rather watch Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Which movie had the worst plot

• FF

Which movie had more continuity.

• I'm not sure what you mean. I guess FF because it was a sequel?

Which movie had worst CGI.

• GL's suit was awfully done, so I'll say that, regardless of how awesome Oa was. FF didn't really have much CG other than Silver Surfer, and I thought he looked great.

Which actor portrayed there part better Ioan Gruffudd as Reed Richards or Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern

• Ioan Gruffudd. By far. Wasn't his fault that the script was crap.

Which main male character was worst Reed Richards or Green Lantern

• Reed, because I like him more than Hal.

Which actor portrayed there part better Jessica Alba as Sue Storm or Blake Lively as Carol Farris

• Carol Ferris, but that's not much of an accomplishment. Jessica Alba is terrible.

Which main female character was worst Sue Storm or Carol Farris

• Carol, only because I'm a bigger fan of Sue.

Which villain was worst Dr.Doom or Parralax

• Doom, because he was just an overall huge disappointment. I didn't expect much from Paralax, so his portrayal didn't let me down as much.
#13 Posted by ssejllenrad (12780 posts) - - Show Bio

Which movie had the worst plot - FF

Which movie had more continuity. - FF

Which movie had worst CGI. - GL

Which actor portrayed there part better Ioan Gruffudd as Reed Richards or Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern - Gruffuld

Which main male character was worst Reed Richards or Green Lantern - Reed

Which actor portrayed there part better Jessica Alba as Sue Storm or Blake Lively as Carol Farris - Blake

Which main female character was worst Sue Storm or Carol Farris - Sue

Which villain was worst Dr.Doom or Parralax - None. Galactus is the answer.

#14 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus in FF1 is GL's Parallax's cousin

#15 Posted by ShootingNova (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Which actor portrayed there part better Ioan Gruffudd as Reed Richards or Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern - Gruffuld

Which actor portrayed there part better Jessica Alba as Sue Storm or Blake Lively as Carol Farris - Blake

This.

#16 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Both those movies were abominations, but I'd say FF was the worse: you don't ruin the Galactus concept and you don't make the SS an idiot relying on his board. Oh, and don't start me on the Doom's costume and character.

For the sake of humanity, somebody must make sure that the guy who did Rise of the SS can never get near a cinema studio any more, even if it implies extreme measures

#17 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked both movies but i slightly liked more the fantastic four especially the scenes with the silver surfer which were amazing, though they didtn show galactus but still it was good in my opinion.

#18 Edited by SHAZAM117 (2166 posts) - - Show Bio

I can only watch the 1st 25-30mins of FF2...The scenes with Surfer in the beginning are the only saving grace as far as I'm concerned....and Green Lantern was just "meh", doesn't really do anything too bad but doesn't really shine in any areas either (except for Mark Strongs Sinestro performance). Such a wasted opportunity....isn't Parallax and and movie Galactus the same thing?!..ugh, what could have been -_-

#19 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, something I dont see people touching is Sinestro. In the GL movie he was great IMO, too bad they rushed the whole "he turns out to be a bad guy" side, instead of developing him more as a GL and not a Sinestro Corpsmen

#20 Posted by The Stegman (20732 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Rise of the Silver Surfer made me want to gouge out my eyes. GL didn't. GL wins

#22 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

If you liked Green Lantern then your already stoned :P

#23 Posted by cattlebattle (12275 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

@Jorgevy said:

If you liked Green Lantern then your already stoned :P

lol
#24 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: I saw that one coming, ah ah. yeah, but I liked it and I wasn't altered in any way. Mainly because Im never altered as I do not use any legal or illegal substances. I thought that the only problem with the movie was the use of the villains

#25 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: Yeah, I didn't hate GL either I just knew that the fate of the world depended on that joke being told. To be honest neither of the movies in question is anywhere near as bad as people make them out to be

#26 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: people like to hyperbolize this type of situations way too much

#27 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: Agreed

#28 Posted by YoungJustice (6368 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#29 Posted by staphin (193 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@ssejllenrad said:

This.

i am okay with this

#30 Posted by mk111 (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern wasn't great. but it was still better than Rise of Silver Surfer in every single way.

#31 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

The really disappointing thing about the 2nd FF movie was the way Galactus was portrayed - almost like a cloud of cosmic gas. It had some good moments, but I agree with the post 2 above that GL - while not a great movie - was the better of the two.