• 137 results
black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 109

@black_wreath said:

I loved Chronicle and Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan have impressed me in previous films so I'm optimistic.

Also I though Doom looked kinda cool.

People seem to forget how impressive Miles Teller was in Whiplash and how fitting Michael B. Jordan is for the character. Barring the ethnicity, I can't think of a better choice. I'm still a bit mixed about Doom. We'll see in August the 6th.

Totally, I have a feeling Jordan will steal this movie.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@theamazingspidey said:
@black_wreath said:

I loved Chronicle and Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan have impressed me in previous films so I'm optimistic.

People seem to forget how impressive Miles Teller was in Whiplash and how fitting Michael B. Jordan is for the character. Barring the ethnicity, I can't think of a better choice. I'm still a bit mixed about Doom. We'll see in August the 6th.

Yeah, surely. I'm also wondering... is the movie going to be treating their powers as a horror-like concept? That'd be pretty cool and I think I heard from somewhere that that's what they're planning.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@black_wreath said:

Yeah, surely. I'm also wondering... is the movie going to be treating their powers as a horror-like concept? That'd be pretty cool and I think I heard from somewhere that that's what they're planning.

That sounds cool, I thought the movie would be more pure sci fi than superhero.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: It looks to be very sci-fi heavy > superhero. But then again, The Dark Knight ventured into crime thriller territory and that was perfectly fine, so why can't the Fantastic Four movie venture somewhere else?

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Oh I prefer CBMs that experiment with genre, I think it will help us stave off that "comic book fatigue" everyone's always going on about.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Oh I prefer CBMs that experiment with genre, I think it will help us stave off that "comic book fatigue" everyone's always going on about.

Exactly. We've had the superhero CBMs (Guardians of The Galaxy, The Avengers etc.), we've had comedy (Ant-Man), we've had crime (The Dark Knight) AND sci-fi (Man of Steel, and now Fantastic Four). People need to decide what they want. Superhero movies that exist themselves with the formula / genre, or superhero movies that actually experiment. You know, people say "WAA! We're getting fatigue from CBMS! AoU skz" then you get something like Fantastic Four and people say "WAA! This looks like sci-fi and not super heroish enough!" Like really. What do people want?

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Indeed and I hope for more fantasy style ones too, I love Hellboy and the Thor movies (unlike the rest of CV) and hope to see more mystical elements to them in future say in Wonder Woman, Shazam and Doctor Strange - though I've heard Strange will also have a horror vibe which makes me even more excited about it.

People should happy not whiny about the state of CBMs - just look at where we were in the mid 2000s when only a couple were any good.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: Yeah. Today is like the golden age of comic book movies. Whoever thought we'd be getting a Civil War movie? That's always been my comic book movie dream (no, literally) I can't even believe that it's happening now that I think about it. I'm just made less excited because MARVEL doesn't own all of their character (I'm looking at you, FOX studios) but I am really, really happy with the state of CBMs. I'm even so excited for Batman v. Superman.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The trailer doesn't look too good imo.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The trailer doesn't look too good imo.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey
DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: It's like there's this amazing thing called the internet I could watch it on. Or maybe even redox it?! Didn't know you had to pay to see a movie now a days to enjoy it.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: It's like there's this amazing thing called the internet I could watch it on. Or maybe even redox it?! Didn't know you had to pay to see a movie now a days to enjoy it.

You need to pay to watch it as if it wasn't filmed through a camcorder.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: You clearly don't stream movies very often..lol

What I mean to say is why would you miss out on watching a superhero / sci-fi movie in cinemas? For what?

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@petey_is_spidey: Why isn't Robert Downey jr 6'0?

This. A hair change in character would be just as profound as skin color, yet you don't see people complaining about it when it happens (I'm looking at you, almost every single comic book casting ever).

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable said:

What I mean to say is why would you miss out on watching a superhero / sci-fi movie in cinemas? For what?

Save money. There's no guarantee F4 will be good. If it is, there's no telling I'd like it. I don't like the F4. I never have. I made the mistake of going to see the first two. Never again.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:
@darthaznable said:

Save money. There's no guarantee F4 will be good. If it is, there's no telling I'd like it. I don't like the F4. I never have. I made the mistake of going to see the first two. Never again.

There's no guarantee that any movie will be good. Ever. You might as well boycott every movie if you're not sure that it'll score 10/10s on all sites. The first two were old movies from an old series. This is a reboot. If you don't like the F4, that's fine, but the new movie looks pretty different in areas.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DarthAznable

@theamazingspidey said:
@darthaznable said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@darthaznable said:

There's no guarantee that any movie will be good. Ever. You might as well boycott every movie if you're not sure that it'll score 10/10s on all sites. The first two were old movies from an old series. This is a reboot. If you don't like the F4, that's fine, but the new movie looks pretty different in areas.

But if they capture my interest enough, I'll go see it. Why would I boycott something I actually have an interest in vs something I don't? I'm not going to argue over this. I think the new movie looks bad. If it's good, cool. Still won't pay to go see it because it doesn't bloody interest me.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:
@darthaznable said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@darthaznable said:

But if they capture my interest enough, I'll go see it. Why would I boycott something I actually have an interest in vs something I don't? I'm not going to argue over this. I think the new movie looks bad. If it's good, cool. Still won't pay to go see it because it doesn't bloody interest me.

Alright. Fair enough. If if doesn't pique your interest - my interest has been unpiqued with movies before too.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the type of movie I may watch for free online, maybe. That's how bad it looks

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it bother you that much OP?

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

This is the type of movie I may watch for free online, maybe. That's how bad it looks

Pray tell me what makes it look so bad.

Does it bother you that much OP?

It's pretty depressing.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This is probably the most hated movie ever on the internet before release.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Rpgesus

@theamazingspidey: the thing looks retarded, johnny is black, they picked an ugly actor for invisible woman, miles turner has never acted well in his life, dr doom was drawn by a 4 year old, the vibe is was too serious and it's looks dumb how they got their powers and how the main problem is just gonna be closing the portal. Please tell me what looks good in it lmao. I bet the coolest part is the thing dropping from a plane... which they already showed

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

@theamazingspidey: the thing looks retarded, johnny is black, they picked an ugly actor for invisible woman, miles turner has never acted well in his life, dr doom was drawn by a 4 year old, the vibe is was too serious and it's looks dumb how they got their powers and how the main problem is just gonna be closing the portal. Please tell me what looks good in it lmao. I bet the coolest part is the thing dropping from a plane... which they already showed

If you think The Thing looks retarded, that's your opinion. Characters get redesigns all the time. Johnny being black is just about as bad as change in eye color, height, hair color etc. which has never been major, Miles Teller was amazing in Whiplash, Dr. Doom being drawn by a 4 year old - again, that's too subjective, and with the vibe being serious -- I hope that you criticise every other comic book movie's tone and THEN you watch it. Shoot first ask questions later, huh? Also, don't be hyperbolic ("never acted well in his life") it doesn't really sell your argument.

And are you serious!? Kate Mara is beautiful.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: well you just spewed nothing but garbage... the actors they choose are all so bad you should never see it based on that alone

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

@theamazingspidey: well you just spewed nothing but garbage... the actors they choose are all so bad you should never see it based on that alone

Yes, because we didn't learn anything from the likes of Heath Ledger and Chris Evans. We've been proven wrong by comic book castings a handful of times.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The difference is that Johnny Storm was Sue Storm's BIOLOGICAL sibling, not adopted. If you were going to change Johnny to being black, might as well change Sue too, but they didn't.

And people never complain when its white character changed black (notice I said Black, 'cause its NEVER any other ethnicity), but non white character changed white and everyone flips.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

I have high expectations.

Me too. I hope they're met.

@superguy1591 said:

The difference is that Johnny Storm was Sue Storm's BIOLOGICAL sibling, not adopted. If you were going to change Johnny to being black, might as well change Sue too, but they didn't.

And people never complain when its white character changed black (notice I said Black, 'cause its NEVER any other ethnicity), but non white character changed white and everyone flips.

People have been complaining about Johnny Storm's ethnicity in the movie since Michael B. Jordan was confirmed in the role. Which was before we were told that she's adopted. So no. That's not what is making people mad.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@leo-343 said:

@petey_is_spidey said:
@superguy1591 said:

People have been complaining about Johnny Storm's ethnicity in the movie since Michael B. Jordan was confirmed in the role. Which was before we were told that she's adopted. So no. That's not what is making people mad.

I never said that's what's making people mad. What I did say/mean is that's what kinda ticked me. Race is not important to a character (or so that's what people want you to think), however background is, and them not being biological siblings changes both characters. Also, it felt really unneeded.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Superguy1591

@petey_is_spidey: Oh, i see, you're just worried about comic accuracy.

Tell me again: what issue of the Avengers did Tony Stark invent Ultron?

I read that Widow, Barton and Fury werent created until after the Avengers comic in the 1960s, but the MCU has them as founding members.

I thought Thor was a God, but he's an alien in the MCU.

Finally, just to show im not just harping on Marvel, Batman (1989) said that Joker killed Bruce's parents, but I thought that was Joe Chill?

It's almost as if movies don't follow comics to a tee...almost.

P.S. Mercy Graves is blonde in the animated series and, for a stretch, in the comics, but now she's Tao Okamoto in BvS and no one made a sound (white character being changed to a minority that's not black).

Also, what about Angelina Jolie playing Fox in Wanted or Scarlett Johansson playing Mokoto Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell?

Any more things you want debunked?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:
@leo-343 said:

@petey_is_spidey said:
@superguy1591 said:

I never said that's what's making people mad. What I did say/mean is that's what kinda ticked me. Race is not important to a character (or so that's what people want you to think), however background is, and them not being biological siblings changes both characters. Also, it felt really unneeded.

Bruh...Thor and Loki.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So pretty much if YOU don't think changes matter, then no one can think they're bad?

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

So pretty much if YOU don't think changes matter, then no one can think they're bad?

That's not what I said. What I'm saying if I'm saying anything is that the complaints of comic book inaccuracies are, to me, asinine reasons to rule out the film. Have you ever stopped to think... pretty much all of the complaints about this movie is it being hammered AS a comic book movie. Johnny Storm being black, Susan being adopted, looking too dark, not feeling like a superhero movie etc. all of these criticisms would not stand if it was just a sci-fi, original movie. And I TOTALLY love how people are skipping it because of those comic book inaccuracies, and they are the same people praising the Dark Knight as their Citizen Kane.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: so basically because you somehow see all changes as holding the same weight, no one can go on a case to case basis and see if the changes are good or warranted?

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read that Widow, Barton and Fury werent created until after the Avengers comic in the 1960s, but the MCU has them as founding members.

Finally, just to show im not just harping on Marvel, Batman (1989) said that Joker killed Bruce's parents, but I thought that was Joe Chill?

P.S. Mercy Graves is blonde in the animated series and, for a stretch, in the comics, but now she's Tao Okamoto in BvS and no one made a sound (white character being changed to a minority that's not black).

Also, what about Angelina Jolie playing Fox in Wanted or Scarlett Johansson playing Mokoto Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell?

Thank you SO much for saying what I've been meaning to say. Comic accuracy has not been meaning sh*t since Sam Raimi. Spider-Man has organic webbing and Spider-Man 2 is still one of the best CBMs for a lot of people.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only have one problem with the new F4....

Why can't Sue be black too? I get she's adopted but why go for the adoption angle when she could simply be black as well!

sbdu ahnr iowuifodf nfej nuien e

>:O

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

@theamazingspidey: so basically because you somehow see all changes as holding the same weight, no one can go on a case to case basis and see if the changes are good or warranted?

If they want to yearn for comic book accuracy, then they can also pick apart the movies that they consider masterpieces. Comic book accuracy does not make a film GOOD or BAD. What makes a movie good or bad is the storytelling, direction, characterisation and acting. I just find it very weird that you say the movie, as a movie, looks like rubbish... then you list reasons that are basically all built around faithfulness to the comic books.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why can't Sue be black too? I get she's adopted but why go for the adoption angle when she could simply be black as well!

It's just because the makers are blind casting and not saying, we're gonna cast ethnicity x or ethnicity y.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#93  Edited By Stahlflamme

@jasonhawke said:

Well, because the actress they chose, before they made this decision was so amazing that they feeled like it was the ultimate waste not to use her... Just kidding. It's because Hollywood is run by racist a**holes, that don't want couples of mixed race to be potrayed.

A black woman and white guy in a relationship! What if people seeing the movie would consider that possible and then there would suddenly be reallife couples between black and white people? Think of the children! Excuse me I'm on my yacht away from all real life civilization to keep my narrowminded world view.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony inventing Ultron wasn't the brightest of ideas. Instead of getting a menacing, evil Ultron we got this wierd robot with the mind of Stark, always cracking dry jokes. Not only was he inaccurate, but on his own merits he was a disgrace to the comic Ultron (he could barely handle Cap).

And you think people are happy with this? It's an ongoing debate and decision that is still in question 8 years into the MCU. Any Thor fan would tell you it was a bad idea. The "magic is just tech" bullshit is one of the many problems with the MCU.

Watched the movie, and it was so average I completely forgot what happen. Could care less, especially since I'm not a Batman fan.

In the new 52 she's an Asian with black hair, so actually she appears accurate. Also, even if she wasn't accurate to her new 52 counterpart, no one would care because it wasn't an Asian character turned white. Want examples? Both in Aarow and Batman Begins, people were angry at the fact that we were getting a white Ras A Gul, ESPECIALLY after not getting an ASIAN actor for the first film. People were not only mad at the fact that Bane had no venom, but also the fact that he was hispanic, nor did he have his marquee hispanic accent. You should see the ignorance in the Youtube comments on the Nick Fury: Agents of Shield trailer. People were mad because Nick Fury wasn't black (even though he was originally white at the time. This was also before the time of the Ultimates.) People were mad that they got an American actor to play Goku. I guarantee if Storm, Luke Cage, Miles Morales, Black Panther, Jon Stewart, or Lady Shiva be white and everyone's jimmmy's will be rustled.

What do you mean!?!?!? Do you not see all the hate and flak she's getting over the so called "white washing" of Hollywood? There's a ton of backlash on the casting. Doesn't really matter anyways; Ghost in a Shell is no where near as big a franchise as Marvel, DC, or Dragon Ball.

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who Cares what skin colour Johnny storm is ?, I would not care if he was Purple as long as he is well written.

Scratch that I would care, I would care very much.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@cfrehse: I am curious about the movie. Will give it a chance but the Fantastic Four aren't any of my favorites.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

People that hate on this movie are just bandwagon sheep/racists. I'll be laughing at them when it brings in 500+ million and gets stellar reviews.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By cattlebattle

@sprior93 said:

People that hate on this movie are just bandwagon sheep/racists. I'll be laughing at them when it brings in 500+ million and gets stellar reviews.

Eh, the studio embargoed reviews and critic screenings of it until the night of its US release. That is usually something that happens to the stankest of the poop.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People will stop complaining when they see the movie anyways

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cattlebattle said:
@sprior93 said:

Eh, the studio embargoed reviews and critic screenings of it until the night of its US release. That is usually something that happens to the stankest of the poop.

The embargo date/time for Fantastic Four is only 17 hours longer than the date/time given for Ant-Man, Avengers 2, Captain America 2, Iron Man 3, Muppets Most Wanted, Brave, Inside Out, Lincoln, and dozens of other movies that were critically and commercially successful. Yes, this movie may be terrible, but the review embargo is no indication of that.