#1 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (6484 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think that Marvel and DC should have websites or polls where the fans tell them what they really think about the changes they are doing? I'm pretty sure that Marvel and DC have sites and polls that tells them how the fans react to the changes (well, the sales numbers will tell them also), but I was asking because there are many complaints from the fans about the changes but Marvel and DC does not seem to address these issues very frequently.

#2 Posted by SoA (5764 posts) - - Show Bio

doesn't matter they don't listen to their fans anyways ;)

#3 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6484 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

doesn't matter they don't listen to their fans anyways ;)

Isn't that the truth.

#4 Posted by akbogert (3287 posts) - - Show Bio

As your question was "should" Marvel and DC take and act on feedback from devoted fans, the answer is "yes."

#5 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6484 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

As your question was "should" Marvel and DC take and act on feedback from devoted fans, the answer is "yes."

I definitely agree because then Marvel and DC would have more satisfied fans if they actually try to listen to what they have to say about their comics.

#6 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (2371 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah..because, for the most part, only the people who hate the changes/want to complain will speak up. It's kind of like those messages on trucks that say "Comments on my driving? Call 1-800-XXX-XXXX." You know no one ever calls and says "Boy, great driving by that guy today!" So, this section wouldn't be reflective of how folks really feel. It would give the frustrated fans a a forum to vent. We tell DC and Marvel what we really think by the sales.

#7 Posted by kuonphobos (5181 posts) - - Show Bio

Each time you hand over your cash they recieve the only feedback they desire.

#8 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (6484 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos said:

Each time you hand over your cash they recieve the only feedback they desire.

Yep, only sales seems to matter to them, although, yeah that would help in a business standpoint, but still...

#9 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6484 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manwhohaseverything said:

Nah..because, for the most part, only the people who hate the changes/want to complain will speak up. It's kind of like those messages on trucks that say "Comments on my driving? Call 1-800-XXX-XXXX." You know no one ever calls and says "Boy, great driving by that guy today!" So, this section wouldn't be reflective of how folks really feel. It would give the frustrated fans a a forum to vent. We tell DC and Marvel what we really think by the sales.

I guess that's true and it wouldn't help matters if there are no positive feed backs about the comics that would help Marvel and DC decide if this strategy is working out for the fans.

#10 Posted by Billy Batson (59239 posts) - - Show Bio
I'm pretty sure that Marvel and DC have sites and polls that tells them how the fans react to the changes

Yeah, they have their regular Facebook polls.
BB

#11 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1748 posts) - - Show Bio

ya it makes sense to pay attention to what the fans say, but what often happens we think we are the majority when we are actually the minority and as we see teh minority tend to stick together to the point they think they are the majority but in fact are not..... hahaha

#12 Posted by impossibilly (913 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos said:

Each time you hand over your cash they recieve the only feedback they desire.

is right. Our dollars speak much louder than any web poll.

#13 Posted by John Valentine (16416 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel and DC only listen to sales.

#14 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6484 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion said:

ya it makes sense to pay attention to what the fans say, but what often happens we think we are the majority when we are actually the minority and as we see teh minority tend to stick together to the point they think they are the majority but in fact are not..... hahah

That is true.