• 69 results
#1 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17797 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're Opponent was armed with a knife or a Bat, would you Arm yourself to? or would you use your Natural abilities?

Or do you Generally Carry around a Knife to begin with In case something Goes wrong?

Look i'm just curious on this, would you use random Objects in fights? or whats your Code in General?

and lets say you managed to Knock your Opponents GUN out of his Hand, would you Grab it and use it against him? or Take The bullets out and fight him?

#2 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Screw code of honor, if I'm in a fight, I'll do anything to survive. I'm sure those trained in MA can probably do without the weapons, what with their fancy close-combat techniques and all, but I ain't one of those. Someone comes at me and I break out the knives and random blunt objects.

Practicality and common sense > idealistic sense of honor

Hoo-rah.

#3 Posted by Dernman (14898 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're Opponent was armed with a knife or a Bat, would you Arm yourself to?

Hell yes

would you use your Natural abilities?

Scru that.

Or do you Generally Carry around a Knife to begin with In case something Goes wrong?

I did when I was younger but not any longer.

would you use random Objects in fights?

anything I can get my hands on.

or whats your Code in General?

I'd like not to have to cause any damage but survival and protecting myself from as much damage as possible is my top priority unless I start the fight then I care less about the damage to myself.

lets say you managed to Knock your Opponents GUN out of his Hand, would you Grab it and use it against him?

Yes yes I would. I would give off a warning shot first though if I have time.

Take The bullets out and fight him?

Scru that. There is no guarantee he won't get the better of me and put them back in. Besides if he's crazy enough to use the gun there is nothing stopping him from beating me to death. No fight is a guaranteed win.

#4 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17797 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: This coming from a Captain america fan? FOR SHAME!!! :P

#5 Edited by Cr4pSnip3r (302 posts) - - Show Bio

If someone wants to kill me, or seriously hurt me, I have no quarrels with using anything to wreck them. Although I'd preferably like to light them on fire, because they're more than likely some filth if they're trying to seriously hurt me.

#6 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17797 posts) - - Show Bio

very disappointing answers. Though at least they are honest.

EDIT: THIS WAS A JOKE FOR F*CKS SAKE!

#7 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5719 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course I would arm myself, why would I give the other person an advantage? I would arm myself with anything I could find no matter how ridiculous the object is. My only code is to survive, honor means nothing if I'm dead.

The only thing I wouldn't use is a gun, in 'Merica I could go to jail.

#8 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: This coming from a Captain america fan? FOR SHAME!!! :P

It also happens to come from an Ultimate Captain America fan ;) Seriously, dude is all about dirty-fighting and practicality.

If someone wants to hurt me, I will do everything in my power to stop them. It's just survival instincts. I don't have the physical capability to fight an armed person while I'm unarmed.

It's not dishonor on my part. I just don't happen to be an idiot.

#9 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

If the other guy had a weapon, then I'd be looking for one too. If I was insanely stronger and bigger than most people with mma fighting skills, then I'd probably not need weapons. But since I'm not, well you get the point. As for the gun situation, thats a tough one. I don't want to go to jail for involuntary manslaughter and I don't live in Florida where they have stand your ground. So I guess I'd take the clip out and hide the gun/ throw it somewhere unreachable.

#10 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17797 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: well then i'm an idiot i guess :P

Still i'll only PICK something Up if i he has something to, once i've disarmed him i'll use fists, assuming i'm able to think straight.

#11 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Use whatever is necessary and strike the easiest target with the maximum effect. Stab in the groin if that's what needed. I may not be an adept in Krav but that's just the basic concept. Well, legality should still be brought into mind.

#12 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: well then i'm an idiot i guess :P

Still i'll only PICK something Up if i he has something to, once i've disarmed him i'll use fists, assuming i'm able to think straight.

Lol relax, I'm not calling you an idiot.

Look, you're obviously physically solid to an extent. You've often described yourself as being big and prone to anger. Given a hypothetical situation with an attacker, you're more than likely be able to disarm him and retaliate without resorting to weapons.

But someone of my physique and stature? I'm smart enough to know I'm not a fighter, meaning that I need to resort to any advantage to survive. Others can call me a wuss for all I care - this is real life-and-death and possible injury, not a comic-book fantasy.

#13 Edited by Lvenger (19101 posts) - - Show Bio

I would never use a gun unless I seriously had to and only then to incapacitate the other person. As for arming myself, if I needed to use objects to even the odds, so be it. I'd use them in a non lethal fashion but fighting smart is better than losing a hand to hand fight if you're outmatched.

#14 Edited by HeckTate (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if we're going to play to some idealistic sense of honor is it an unfair advantage for you if your opponent isn't as skilled in combat as you? If so how are you going to try to equalize this? Also, where does a sharp kick to the balls factor in as far as honor goes? I say it's fair game in any life and death scenario.

#15 Posted by dondave (35990 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely picking up a weapon, if you try and shoot me and I get your gun, I'd probably shoot you in the leg and cry self defence

#16 Posted by i_like_swords (13853 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

if you try and shoot me and I get your gun, I'd probably shoot you in the leg and cry self defence

HE SHOT ME FIRST

*BANG BANG BANG*

SELF DEFENCE SELF DEFENCE

*RATATATATA*

#17 Edited by w0nd (3230 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

Splinter: Was that fair?

Leonardo: (On the ground) No.

Splinter: Did I win?

Leonardo

: I see your point.

Splinter: Seek victory, not fairness.

And that was from a children's cartoon lol.

I am sorry but I want to win, I am not in a comic book or ancient Japan where my honor is everything. I want to go home with my limbs intact. And I don't start fights I let people talk shit to me and walk away from it, so if I am in a fight then it is probably because they REALLY want to be beating someone up or hurt someone, and I doubt it would be someone weaker than me, they would know MMA or something, so with that being said I am dead unless i try to win by any means necessary

I wouldn't kill anyone but I would definitely take out the legs.

#18 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5501 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a pretty decent fighter. I have grown up in a pretty tough neighborhood. This all being said, where I grew up your more likely to fight two or more people or get shot, because there are lots of clicks and gangs here. 194 boyz, Cherry Bay, Black Flaggers. Damn right I'm fighting dirty.

#19 Posted by SC (12910 posts) - - Show Bio

Really depends on the situation. If you see a guy in a shop swing a baseball bat around at innocent shoppers, you'd probably want to neutralize him as efficiently and effectively as possible but with the least overall damage to anyone, which means disarming them and restraining them so approaching them from behind and grabbing them (or tackling them) in a way as to neutralize their arms and then just pull them to the ground and hold them down so people can call authorities. No need to pull out a knife or pick up a bludgeoning tool and just start smacking their head with it. They might be a really nice person who got high on bath salts by accident. In any sense no one is getting hurt and you just have to hold a person down for a bit. Unless they are twice your size then that complicates matter - so just depends on a situation, isn't really a cut and dry method for all situations.

Then again if you are walking down an empty alley at night and a guy threatens you with a hammer, might be better to gain control of the weapon and threaten to use it, if you can't avoid a fight. Might trigger a fight or flight reaction in the other guy, and if they fight you should defend yourself and one priority should be making sure they do not regain control of the weapon. You could throw it over a wall (and accidentally hit someone else on the other side on the head) or you could use it against them. Here's the thing about any human interaction, you will almost always know yourself better than another person, and if a person threatens you with violence, you don't know what kind of person they are or what is going through their head. They may be hyper aggressive and violent with a history of beating people near death with no remorse or they might be a scared kid who is starving who just wants your wallet to buy some food and this is the first time they have threatened someone. You probably won't be able to tell, but the fight will never be fair because a person who doesn't care whether you live or die has the advantage of not caring - where you may be reluctant to fight or hurt anyone. Not only that but you don't have time to stop and think in a fight and analyze the situation. I'd say if you feel confident and capable to try and neutralize the other aggressive person if they make aggressive advances towards you. I'd definitely kick another guy in the groin if it meant I wouldn't have to hit them with a weapon. Also kicking their shins and then breaking their fingers or wrist might shock them or hurt them enough for them to back off or give you opportunity to leave the situation, but you don't want to gamble with your life or safety so that might not be a viable option. Basically its hard to be logical in a random fight with a random opponent, there is no fairness because of that. Motivations and intent are far larger variables than anything physical because they determine how physical things can be used. A violent and aggressive guy with fists is far more dangerous than a peaceful, calm rational person who doesn't want to use a knife.

I carry my keys on a chain, its not a weapon but in random situations it could be handy. I would use random objects in a fight but it would depend. I would prefer to avoid a fight, the only situation I could envision using objects is if other peoples safety was in question because not everyone can run away or avoid a fight and then the situation is larger than yourself and your safety. Why would a person try and prove how good and fair a fighter they are when a guy with a baseball bat is pushing around kids and old people? I would probably throw the gun away if it was one person, but main priority is just to minimize risk to myself, to others and to the attacker/aggressor.

#20 Posted by Wolverine08 (40710 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

Really depends on the situation. If you see a guy in a shop swing a baseball bat around at innocent shoppers, you'd probably want to neutralize him as efficiently and effectively as possible but with the least overall damage to anyone, which means disarming them and restraining them so approaching them from behind and grabbing them (or tackling them) in a way as to neutralize their arms and then just pull them to the ground and hold them down so people can call authorities. No need to pull out a knife or pick up a bludgeoning tool and just start smacking their head with it. They might be a really nice person who got high on bath salts by accident. In any sense no one is getting hurt and you just have to hold a person down for a bit. Unless they are twice your size then that complicates matter - so just depends on a situation, isn't really a cut and dry method for all situations.

Then again if you are walking down an empty alley at night and a guy threatens you with a hammer, might be better to gain control of the weapon and threaten to use it, if you can't avoid a fight. Might trigger a fight or flight reaction in the other guy, and if they fight you should defend yourself and one priority should be making sure they do not regain control of the weapon. You could throw it over a wall (and accidentally hit someone else on the other side on the head) or you could use it against them. Here's the thing about any human interaction, you will almost always know yourself better than another person, and if a person threatens you with violence, you don't know what kind of person they are or what is going through their head. They may be hyper aggressive and violent with a history of beating people near death with no remorse or they might be a scared kid who is starving who just wants your wallet to buy some food and this is the first time they have threatened someone. You probably won't be able to tell, but the fight will never be fair because a person who doesn't care whether you live or die has the advantage of not caring - where you may be reluctant to fight or hurt anyone. Not only that but you don't have time to stop and think in a fight and analyze the situation. I'd say if you feel confident and capable to try and neutralize the other aggressive person if they make aggressive advances towards you. I'd definitely kick another guy in the groin if it meant I wouldn't have to hit them with a weapon. Also kicking their shins and then breaking their fingers or wrist might shock them or hurt them enough for them to back off or give you opportunity to leave the situation, but you don't want to gamble with your life or safety so that might not be a viable option. Basically its hard to be logical in a random fight with a random opponent, there is no fairness because of that. Motivations and intent are far larger variables than anything physical because they determine how physical things can be used. A violent and aggressive guy with fists is far more dangerous than a peaceful, calm rational person who doesn't want to use a knife.

I carry my keys on a chain, its not a weapon but in random situations it could be handy. I would use random objects in a fight but it would depend. I would prefer to avoid a fight, the only situation I could envision using objects is if other peoples safety was in question because not everyone can run away or avoid a fight and then the situation is larger than yourself and your safety. Why would a person try and prove how good and fair a fighter they are when a guy with a baseball bat is pushing around kids and old people? I would probably throw the gun away if it was one person, but main priority is just to minimize risk to myself, to others and to the attacker/aggressor.

You really do always give extremely detailed posts. Bravo.

#21 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (7403 posts) - - Show Bio

Licensed to carry.

#22 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull I'd turn into the Hulk and smash him problem solved......

#23 Edited by Lvenger (19101 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd said:

@theacidskull said:

Splinter: Was that fair?

Leonardo: (On the ground) No.

Splinter: Did I win?

Leonardo

: I see your point.

Splinter: Seek victory, not fairness.

And that was from a children's cartoon lol.

I am sorry but I want to win, I am not in a comic book or ancient Japan where my honor is everything. I want to go home with my limbs intact. And I don't start fights I let people talk shit to me and walk away from it, so if I am in a fight then it is probably because they REALLY want to be beating someone up or hurt someone, and I doubt it would be someone weaker than me, they would know MMA or something, so with that being said I am dead unless i try to win by any means necessary

I wouldn't kill anyone but I would definitely take out the legs.

Was that from the 2003 TMNT series? I recall the quote from a certain episode.

EDIT: Forget correcting me, I know it's from the 2012 series now.

And I agree with your post. In fact, that's basically my attitude to fighting. I've never been in a proper fight and would always try to walk away from it or diffuse the situation without violence. But I would do mostly anything to win and come out of it intact.

#24 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17797 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Wow dude i was joking :P, and i can see where you are coming from.

#25 Posted by SC (12910 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by JediXMan (30198 posts) - - Show Bio

Win.

That is my code of honor when it comes to fighting. There are no rules in a street fight. You do whatever it takes.

#27 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

you're kidding, right? -__-

#28 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17797 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

you're kidding, right? -__-

nope.

#29 Posted by w0nd (3230 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Yeah man. I'm not going to get my arms broken because some drunken bar fool who is clearly stronger than me wanted to start a fight with me. The old sand to the eyes one two combo

#30 Posted by InFamous_Wolf (973 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Win.

That is my code of honor when it comes to fighting. There are no rules in a street fight. You do whatever it takes.

This

#31 Edited by JediXMan (30198 posts) - - Show Bio

We have a desire to live. That's a very important trait to possess. How do you think humanity has lasted this long?

#32 Posted by Wolverine08 (40710 posts) - - Show Bio

Be as fair as possible while still winning. My code of honor in a fight.

#33 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17797 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:
@theacidskull said:

We have a desire to live. That's a very important trait to possess. How do you think humanity has lasted this long?

oh for the love of......i WAS KIDDING!

Who The F*ck am I to Question how other people fight? It was a joke.

I have my rules, others have theirs.

#34 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Oh don't act like a one word answer comes across as an obvious joke. Everyone is crazy on the internet so you have to plan for their expectations from other crazy people. :V

#35 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

My grand father once told me, there's no such thing as a fair fight. You can't win without an advantage and if you have an advantage its not a fair fight therefore any fight you can actually win can't technically be fair.

#36 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17797 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Oh don't act like a one word answer comes across as an obvious joke. Everyone is crazy on the internet so you have to plan for their expectations from other crazy people. :V

Fine, i'll give you that, i am crazy not everyone knows that.
I just thought that given the situation most people would get it, i mean, it's not like I was expecting everyone to say " I AM AN HONORABLE WARRIOR! I WILL FIGHT TILL THE DEATH!" , if anything i was expecting most people to Say " I'd shoot him int da Nuts" :P

#37 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite said:

Fine, i'll give you that, i am crazy not everyone knows that.

I just thought that given the situation most people would get it, i mean, it's not like I was expecting everyone to say " I AM AN HONORABLE WARRIOR! I WILL FIGHT TILL THE DEATH!" , if anything i was expecting most people to Say " I'd shoot him int da Nuts" :P

1. It is impossible for everyone to know you're not crazy.

2. You are on an internet forum where you loudly argue with people about comics. You are clearly crazy.

#38 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17797 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: And this is news to you ...why? :P

Anyways Explain. what would you do? is there such a thing as fair fighting?

#39 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I'm a robot, I stand around and watch my opponent break their hand trying to actually hurt me with a punch. Or break all their weapons. And then I kill them with laser eyes.

Fair fights exist, but are only for sport(boxing and MMA come to mind). On the street it takes quite a bit of overconfidence to try and fight honorably and expect to win.

#40 Edited by batmannflash (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't kill anyone. However, in a street fight, I will still try to get an upper edge. Fair fighting doesn't matter if my life is in danger

#41 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17797 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: yeah fair doesn't sit well on the streets, either the guy is stronger than you or more skilled which means you are at a disadvantage.

#42 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

I rip off all my clothes and start to twerk it right in their face. Then while they are puking I knee them in the balls as hard as I can.

In all honesty though there is never any honor in violence. You can by into all that Bushido crap as much as you want, but if someone is genuinely going to and aiming to do harm to you, you better drop that honor and no dirty fighting belief right the frick down, especially if you are out matched. The only world in which fighting or violence is "honorable" is in a fighting competition, and even then the line is occasionally blurry. If I'm in a real fight I'll bite the person to the point of them bleeding excessively, I'll grab (if a male) the guys balls and squeeze them until he submits, passes out (you can actually pass out from that), or they pop. I fight to win dammit.

#43 Edited by silkyballfro94 (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

My body is fragile and this is real life, not some comic book or movie. Its me or the other guy and I pick me. Hate to admit it, but Honor does not exist anymore. At least in this part of the world. I'd be very surprised if a dude ever even brings up honor before a fight and sticks to it as I'd like it.

#44 Posted by BlackWind (5998 posts) - - Show Bio

I've studied Muay Thai and Brazilian Jujitsu for a while now. Every teacher has told me in a real right, there is no holding back. And I have been in a SINGLE real balls to the wall fight in my life, and I defended myself appropriately until help arrived. I was outside school.

#45 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

I would get a weapon unless I think I can win or I'm at school. If they don't have any weapons and if I know I can't win I will have one.

#46 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10874 posts) - - Show Bio

My momma told me,

Ani't no such thing as a ''fair fight''

#47 Edited by The Stegman (23785 posts) - - Show Bio

Momma say knock you out, I always carry nunchucks.

#48 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Wow dude i was joking :P, and i can see where you are coming from.

Oh woops. Okay then.

#49 Posted by heroesgold (608 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll use the art of extreme dirty fighting.

#50 Posted by SC (12910 posts) - - Show Bio

Another way to look at this is - that the kind of people that will aggressively pursue a violent and physical conflict aren't usually the type to think about fairness or honor. Fair and honorable people will usually and should avoid violence and conflict and only apply it when necessary or when its tempered and restrained - think competitively. Another way to think about it isn't in terms of what you would do, but what you would want the people you love to do. Would you want the people you love to die with honor by not hitting someone aggressively and then being beaten to death by a thug with a steel pipe or would you prefer that they do what they have to do to survive when confronted with a violent and dangerous situation? I mean for some that might be a little bit extreme but thats the thing about violent aggressive people and fighting.

Like if any of you have a little sister or little brother? One of my ex girlfriends was only 5 foot 4 and she worked in an area that had the worst statistics for violent crime, muggings and homicides in our country. Her work required her to have a security guard escort her to her car at nights. If someone attacked her I would have wanted her to jam her keys into their eyes then kick their groin through into their stomach. Now I'm all for Goku style heart of the fight, spirit of the warrior style attitudes to fighting fair, but thats a cartoon and that guy like died and came back how many times? He can afford to have that relaxed attitude heh heh.