#1 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm on facebook and I'm a fan of both the Superman and Wonder Woman pages. They've both released the second printing cover of JL #12, and the commenters are... Well, I'll just quote some:

• i thaught wonder woman was with batman
  • Sorry to say this, but Wonder woman has always been gay.
  • It's a cover, not necessarily what's going to happen.
  • SHES SUPPOSED TO BE WITH BATMAN
  • when did superman stop wearing the red underwear?
  • She makes a better couple with Batman!!
  • Barf!!! She's in love with BATMAN! :)
  • 90% of people marry their 7th-12th grade love. Since you've read this you will be told good news tonight. Post this on 9 comments or your worst week starts now
  • wow what up with that i bet Lois and Batman will be mad
  • Because Man of Steel movie is coming out next year and so-call "Superman" doesn't wear the red underwear in the film. That's why this superman doesn't wear the red underwear. So blame the director and the producer for doing this to superman.
  • I'm, sorry, but is Wonder Woman that is not worth of Batman.
  • Diana and Bruce belong together ! Period! Kal-El is corny..booo!
  • doesn't she have a big crush on Batman
  • Goku kills Superman

I mean... Come on... Shut up...

#2 Posted by Razero (336 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually, Facebook comments are second only to Youtube in stupidity.

Also the "Goku kills Superman" made me laugh. It's so irrelevant.

#3 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4837 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Facebook, home of the lowest common denominator... I went to check it out myself and it's honestly better than I thought it'd be.

"Because Man of Steel movie is coming out next year and so-call "Superman" doesn't wear the red underwear in the film. That's why this superman doesn't wear the red underwear. So blame the director and the producer for doing this to superman."

That one has to be my favorite though lmao.

#4 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sovereign91001: lol I tried to correct him, but the second after I posted it I thought "What am I doing? I can't stoop down to their level."

#5 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Just be glad they are there and not here.

#6 Posted by grenade728 (748 posts) - - Show Bio

I gave up Facebook a while ago due to such stupidity as this.

#7 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

It's amusing to me. Sort of like listening to the table beside you discuss superheroes like iron man and Batman in your physics class. It's amusing and yet slightly sad because they act like they know a lot after watching the movies and one having read some of his dad's comics, but then you have to step in (while doing your work) to point out that it's the Lazarus pit not the fountain of youth among with other errors...

irritating, yet slightly amusing.

#8 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13612 posts) - - Show Bio

I avoid FB like the plague, always have.

#9 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman? Why do they keep mentioning Batman? Because of JLU???? Jesus...Not the same as the comics!

#10 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

"wow what up with that i bet Lois and Batman will be mad" "Goku kills Superman"

These 2 are hilarious. I love the internet only here can you find such diverse ignorance and randomness

#11 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

Batman? Why do they keep mentioning Batman? Because of JLU???? Jesus...Not the same as the comics!

They're not?!

#12 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet said:

@SandMan_ said:

They're not?!

Well...Not exactly the same in everything...I meant...
#13 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_:

;)

#14 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20427 posts) - - Show Bio

Facebook people are almost all middle/high schoolers who randomly chant "swag" and "yolo", think they know everything and/or think they're cool, and are pretty much dumb(no offense but this is most of them). Heck, the people can't even spell correctly, let alone make a statement.

#15 Posted by JediXMan (31244 posts) - - Show Bio

I barely use my Facebook. Yes, my friends get irritated with me.

#16 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

Facebook users on an average are ignorant. It gets better when websites get more specific.

#17 Posted by Joygirl (20146 posts) - - Show Bio

Reasons like this I am glad nobody ever comments on my facebook statuses... I don't usually update my status, but when I do, someone is there to say "lol you said 'flick'! Really, 'flick'? You sound OLD lol, nobody says flick anymore".

#18 Posted by stumpy49er (611 posts) - - Show Bio

Actauly I agree with most of those comments. She would be better off with Batman. Everyone loves comic book characters. Everyone has there own opinion. Just because you've read more comics than other people doesn't mean your the only one who has an opinion about comics. I usualy try to avoid getting into debates, because I have a lot of knowldge about comics, yet I also know that things change constantly in comics, so these debates and my knowldege just inevitably.... don't matter!

#19 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, people like for the sake of filling their news feeds. I saw my sister like oxygen, Hunger Games, Adam West and spaghetti in minutes. I'm pretty sure she doesn't like oxygen, as she shouldn't.

#20 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Reasons like this I am glad nobody ever comments on my facebook statuses... I don't usually update my status, but when I do, someone is there to say "lol you said 'flick'! Really, 'flick'? You sound OLD lol, nobody says flick anymore".

They can FLICK off! If you ask me.