• 60 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

That might be the worst Superhero casting I have ever seen.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Cloakx14

as long as he is not a whiny b*cth like Barry from the show. I think he'll do ok.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah he should be fine. There are lots of different Barrys in DC.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I disagree, he's one of the few actors in an upcoming superhero film I'm most looking forward to seeing.

Though I will say, if a Batman Beyond movie would ever get made, I'd much rather see Ezra Miller as Terry McGinnis.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being skilled and being able to draw the mainstream audience are two different things.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

I'm thinking they could hav picked an A-list celeb to play Barry Allen. Maybe Liam Hemsworth or Ryan Reynolds. That psycho kid that scored with JLO in boy next door could definitely be the next Shazam.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't some Sundance film festival flick its a high budget Super hero film that if it doesn't make a killing in the box office will probably sink the DCU.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@hyiena said:

This isn't some Sundance film festival flick its a high budget Super hero film that if it doesn't make a killing in the box office will probably sink the DCU.

You're right. Indie films actually feature good performances. Blockbusters succeed with mediocrity all the time.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Probably not the worst because we've all seen Shaq "act", but this casting does leave me scratching my head as to the direction of the character.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

He's one of the best actors around. I'll take acting chops over not looking like the character, which I'm sure this is about.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's going to be the villain of the film ? that's what i really wanna know.

Cazboy10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I can't judge until I see how he is as Barry, neither should you. But from the looks I don't like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about worst casting but I'm not looking forward to it because Grant Gustin has proved that he's the flash in my eyes now. He's the voice I hear in my head when I read flash, so Miller's got to do a good job to either come close or top Grant. Though the interviews he's done make him seem, I don't know off to me personally. Like he's not taking it seriously. But I can't judge him until I see a trailer or the main film.

Cazboy10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel: Haha, I do that too. When I read Flash comics I hear Grant's voice in my head as Flash's voice. It's a cool voice and it matches.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cazboy10: Yep totally. It used to be Michael Rosenbaum but after watching the first season of the Flash, Grant quickly replaced it.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't see any of his work, but most have good things to say about his acting chops.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking they could hav picked an A-list celeb to play Barry Allen. Maybe Liam Hemsworth or Ryan Reynolds. That psycho kid that scored with JLO in boy next door could definitely be the next Shazam.

Often these movies can make someone an A-List actor too.

You knew Chris Evans or Chris Hemsworth or Christian Bale or Henry Cavill prior to those movies?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Not only is Ezra Miller a fantastic actor but his natural personality is almost a match for the Flash anyway.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Not only is Ezra Miller a fantastic actor but his natural personality is almost a match for the Flash anyway.

I can't really disagree with the former but the latter is something I have not yet seen in the films I've watched of him. His 'passion' for the Flash will most likely end up diluted and drastically altered to fit the drab, grim and gritty DCEU of little humour or fun. There have been good actors in the previous DC film that did not live up to their potential for numerous reasons. And lastly Grant Gustin is who people perceive to be the Flash now, both in terms of appearance and in acting the character so Ezra already has stiff competition.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Have you seen this?

Loading Video...

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miller is far from the worst casting in a comic book film..

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Yes I remember this being on a CV thread several months ago where you commented on it. Doesn't change my original points however. Cavill makes the same claims towards his character and yet that isn't replicated in his performance.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Well to be fair Cavill isn't that great of an actor also both films are directed by different people

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I agree with you on Cavill's acting abilities,compared to Ezra Millar's even if it is obvious for me to do so, but I am pretty sure both face the same problem regardless of their different acting talents.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yeah they can only work with what they've got.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The more and more I look at him, the more I see modern day Barry Allen, just imagine when he dies his hair blonde and gets buffer (he stated that he intends to)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Which is my concern regardless of how much Millar loves the Flash, gets the character or actually reads the comics. He has to go by Snyder, Terrio and WB's rules.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

Miller is far from the worst casting in a comic book film..

worse than mark ruffalo as The Hulk , or Terrence Howard as James Rhodey? , or Anthony Mackie as Flacon or the whole Fantastic Four series , past and current , or Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Well there has only been one DCEU movie so far so we don't know how different the movie will be from each other.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Well unlike the marketing and trailers for Man of Steel, BvS isn't even trying to hide how grimdark it's going to be so the films Snyder is directing look like they'll be the same.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

I can't really disagree with the former but the latter is something I have not yet seen in the films I've watched of him. His 'passion' for the Flash will most likely end up diluted and drastically altered to fit the drab, grim and gritty DCEU of little humour or fun. There have been good actors in the previous DC film that did not live up to their potential for numerous reasons. And lastly Grant Gustin is who people perceive to be the Flash now, both in terms of appearance and in acting the character so Ezra already has stiff competition.

1. You got all that from the one movie that spawned the DCEU? Or the multiple titles that are actually of a more dour nature anyway? That's like thinking Iron Man III dictated the tone of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

2. Barry Allen looks nothing like Grant Gustin, if you're comparing the source material. Ezra doesn't either, so if this is how people view The Flash that seems an entirely different issue.

I don't know about worst casting but I'm not looking forward to it because Grant Gustin has proved that he's the flash in my eyes now. He's the voice I hear in my head when I read flash, so Miller's got to do a good job to either come close or top Grant. Though the interviews he's done make him seem, I don't know off to me personally. Like he's not taking it seriously. But I can't judge him until I see a trailer or the main film.

Doesn't Barry in the comics seem a bit old to sound like Grant? If anything, I always read him in Justin Chambers voice.

@hyiena said:

It's not like it's Batman or Superman. Even if Flash doesn't make a killing, I doubt the DCEU will be hurt.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lvenger

@scouterv:

1. I would advise against dodging around the point, I think it's a little too late to try and pretend that Man of Steel didn't set the tone for what the DCEU is going to be like. They don't want to mimic the tone of DC Comics itself so they don't appear to be copying the MCU. BvS is looking even dourer than MOS and that's saying something. To deny that is simply naive if I'm honest.
  2. Oh come on Gustin looks so much more like Barry Allen than Millar does. At least a young Barry Allen if nothing else. To fans, he also acts like, sounds like and behaves like Barry Allen should so that has already set the tone for a live action Flash.
ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

Man of Steel set the tone for Superman in the DCEU, and even that's subject to change through character development. We have no idea what kind of Flash, Green Lantern, Cyborg, Shazam, etc. we'll be getting. To assume that every movie will be like Man of Steel is making a huge assumption based off of scant evidence. Will Batman, Superman, and potentially Wonder Woman be "dark" or "realistic?" Most likely. Will Flash, Shazam, and Green Lantern? Why would they?

And a turtle looks closer to a dinosaur than a monkey, but doesn't mean the turtle is a lot like the dinosaur regardless. And no. Because

This...
This...
Isn't this.
Isn't this.

And if these people see Grant as Flash, that's cool. They did the same thing with Bale as Batman and still do. However, much like the multiverse, there's more than one version of The Flash.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@scouterv:

1. I would advise against dodging around the point, I think it's a little too late to try and pretend that Man of Steel didn't set the tone for what the DCEU is going to be like. They don't want to mimic the tone of DC Comics itself so they don't appear to be copying the MCU. BvS is looking even dourer than MOS and that's saying something. To deny that is simply naive if I'm honest.
  2. Oh come on Gustin looks so much more like Barry Allen than Millar does. At least a young Barry Allen if nothing else. To fans, he also acts like, sounds like and behaves like Barry Allen should so that has already set the tone for a live action Flash.

Gustin looks nothing like Barry allen , barry is blonde , 6'0-6'2 , and is built , Grant is 5'9 , skinny , and a brunnette

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@avatar_of_green: I knew Chris evans from not another teen movie and bale from American psycho and shaft, I will admit Chris Hemsworth and Henry cavill didn't get much publicity in the beginning.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv:Oh it set the tone for more than just Superman, I would have thought that obvious to you. If the character known for being a bright, optimistic and kind moral paragon is portrayed as a conflicted and troubled outsider, what tone does that set for the rest of the DCU if their best hero is portrayed this way? There's also interviews with Warner Bros executives to consider, one specific interview with a high ranking Japanese executive had him state that the DC films would be more realistic and edgier than the Marvel films for example. That sets the tone clearly apart in their words. It's hardly just Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman who look dark, every DCEU film is looking dark at this moment. Who is it that's been the only officially announced cast member for the Shazam movie again? I think it's someone who's not playing Shazam right?

That analogy doesn't really work or make sense. Are you saying that the turtle is more like the monkey than the dinosaur and so the non Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman/Justice League movies won't be dark? That doesn't work as an analogy.

But none of them look like Ezra Miller and Miller doesn't have the immediate appearance of the Flash same as Gadot lacks the physical presence of Wonder Woman.

@birdman400: As I mention above, Gustin looks far more like Barry Allen compared to Miller even with the build and height and age difference. Miller's build isn't the same as Barry Allen's in the comics and Gustin looks like a young Barry Allen if nothing else. Miller doesn't have that going for him.

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a fan of the casting, but DC obviously must have seen something in him

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grant Gustin still looks like he's still in high school.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I`m not all that excited but I do think there will be some positives in the end.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lvenger

@ready_4_madness: He does act like the Flash to many people or if not, he's set up expectations for live action for comic fans and Flash fans as well as those who were introduced to Flash via this show.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: I didn't say I wanted a linked universe, that would suck hugely. However, regardless of whether Ezra Miller is suitable to play the Flash or not, which I still find debatable at this point, the tone and approach to the DCEU compromises a lot of what you can do with the Flash in spite of the bigger audience.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyiena said:

and do you think the people who are investing money are less concerned. You just want some eye candy cheeseball actor who can't act for shit. while the people at WB want's someone who can deliver a good performance and a movie.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: We know what they want to do with BvS, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman though.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

K.