Eye Predict the Order of 2016's CBMs in Order of Quality

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Edited By EyeDCyou

Something about how I can't think of an intro. So the idea behind this list is for me to list out and rank the 7 comic book movies coming out this year in order from worst to best based on my opinion. Now my opinion on this subject is going to be based on a few different factors. Trailers, cast, director, screenwriter, and current word of mouth. I'm going to try my best to keep my personal preference out of the way, as I'm not ranking these based on how excited I am for each, I'm ranking them based on how good I think they will actually be. Now I'm not counting Gambit because I really don't think that movie is coming out this year, but we still have 7 other choices that are looking to make this year one of the best in CBM history.

Let's go.

7. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

No Caption Provided

You didn't forget this movie was coming out this year did you? Like many, I had zero expectations for the 2014 Michael Bay produced reboot, but was actually pleasantly surprised when it wasn't a total piece of sh*t. It still wasn't good, but it certainly exceeded expectations, and the trailer for the sequel just screams classic 90's Turtles. There's a new director behind Turtles 2, and so far it looks like we're in for a much more exciting and fun film that has BEBOP AND ROCKSTEADY. THAT'S AWESOME. Plus, it looks like we might have Krang... no idea how that'll look. But anyway, I have faith that this film will be far better than its predecessor, and it has a chance to be the best Turtles movie to date!

6. Deadpool

No Caption Provided

OK, so let me start by saying that numbers 5 and 6 on this list are VERY close for me, and it ended up being decided on one small factor which I will explain later. Deadpool is hitting all the right marks with everything we've heard so far, and the marketing team is doing probably a better job than any at getting me amped to finally see this thing. Ryan Reynolds and his weird humor are promising to deliver one of the most accurate comic book movies ever, and with that we should see a certain level of quality. I will say that one of the main reasons the film stays down at 6 is because the trailers haven't really given me anything to lead me to believe that this film is going to be anything more than I think it is. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm hoping there's a little bit more to this movie than just violence and cursing.

5. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

No Caption Provided

Alright, so BvS is actually probably my 1st or 2nd most anticipated CBM of 2016, but from an objective standpoint I believe 5th or 6th is where it will realistically end up on the quality scale. The first trailer was amazing, and put any fears I had to bed about the film, but then the second trailer dropped and brought a lot of those fears back up. And like many, I still have reservations purely on the basis of how ambitious this film is. It's packing in a lot of new characters and story lines, and even though the plot that the second trailer laid out is pretty much what I expected (and hoped for), there's still a likely chance that not every point will hit its mark. That being said, I still expect the movie to be a great time and a solid jump start to the DCEU. I just think it will realistically have its problems like most Synder films do (Don't worry, there'll be plenty of awesome Synder moments as well).

4. Captain America: Civil War

No Caption Provided

OMG, controversy from EyeDCyou. Settle down, from this point moving forward, I think all of these CBMs are guaranteed hits. Civil War is easily the biggest project attempted from Marvel Studios, and luckily they have their two best men on it. The first trailer was very interesting and kept me wanting more, as Civil War is setting itself up to be a true on screen event. My reservations come in the form of this being massive for a Captain America film primarily. Civil War is going to have even more characters than BvS, and even though Winter Soldier was fantastic, it was quite intimate in terms of its cast. I think that just like BvS, there will be times where characters are lost and development will falter, but at the end of the day the final product will be terrific enough that we can look past it. Quality is often pushed aside for ambition, and that is why Civil War and BvS remain where they do.

3. X-Men: Apocalypse

No Caption Provided

Bryan Singer returns to bring us the baddest mutant of all in X-Men: Apocalypse. Now I know some people were turned off a bit by the trailer, and even though I'll admit there were parts of it that didn't interest me, I think Apocalypse will be one of the deepest and most profound CBMs ever put to screen. The themes run much darker and more complex than much of the other material being released these days, and let's face it. Singer has never delivered a bad X-Men movie. Who cares how Apocalypse looks, Oscar Isaac can do anything, and I'm thrilled that he's getting to play that character in a 'more than voice over' type role. Just trust me on this one. Apocalypse is going to change the game over at FOX, and Marvel might have two new contenders after this year. The only reservations I have at this point are that a few of the new characters seem a bit out of place, and I'm not sure if they'll be executed perfectly. We'll just have to see.

2. Doctor Strange

No Caption Provided

I know we don't have a trailer yet, but Doctor Strange is lining itself up to be one of Marvel's strongest films in the quietest way possible. Why should this movie be as strong as I'm believing it will be? The cast. Easily the most talented cast to appear in a Marvel movie, and quite possibly the most talented to ever appear in a CBM (Dark Knight Rises currently holds that title). Cumberbatch, McAdams, Swinton, Mikkelson, and Ejiofor. Only one of them hasn't been nominated for an Oscar, and that's Mikkelson who is probably one of the most talented actors working primarily outside of the US. Doctor Strange is going to be something entirely different from the MCU. There's magic and mystical elements, as well as likely mystery and a dark tone. And to add to that, the director comes from a horror background, and that just seems like the perfect fit, doesn't it? Honestly, the only thing keeping Strange out of first place was the lack of a trailer, but once it hits I'm sure it'll turn some heads.

1. Suicide Squad

No Caption Provided

So like I said, Strange would probably have been here if it had a trailer... Butttt it doesn't! So it goes to skwad. The latest trailer for the all-villain team up was just phenomenal. Right up there with Deadpool in terms of perfectly establishing a tone, and all the characters that were given adequate screen time impressed me to say the least. And how about Joker? Who cares how it looks... That dude is clearly knocking it out of the park. But more than just the quips and the explosions, there appears to be a lot going on in the background of this story, and I really think we're in for something special that no CBM has ever done before. And it WILL be different than any to come before it. This is not Guardians of the Galaxy people. It's the dirty dozen with a crocodile. Anyone turned off or dismayed by BvS should be pulled back in by this piece, so let's hope I'm not wrong?

So that's that. You're obviously going to disagree with me. Don't really care... Honestly the top 3 all show the potential to be the years best CBM. I just went based off what I have. K bye.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I really enjoyed this blog (as usual), but I also disagree.

I think it terms of objective quality, it'll go Apocalypse > Suicide Squad > Civil War > Civil War > Deadpool > Dawn of Justice.

Good blog, though.

- TAS

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

I actually agree completely, though I want BvS to be the best.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Great list. Suicide Squad is the one Im looking forward to the most.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@theamazingspidey: Thanks mate. I'm not expecting many people to agree with me.

How would you rank them in terms of how you think they will be your favorites?

- TAS

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can agree and disagree at the same time. Though I want BVS to be the best I feel like Civil War maybe the best or second best

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Hm. Probably squad, Strange, BvS, Deadpool, Apocalypse, civil war, turtles

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@theamazingspidey: Hm. Probably squad, Strange, BvS, Deadpool, Apocalypse, civil war, turtles

Uh huh. Fair enough.

- TAS

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sweet list. I think the best quality CBM will a slobberknocker between Suicide Squad and X-Men: Apocalypse. Those are two I'm most looking forward to.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Kidd

You have a lot of faith in Singer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree completely with this list. Flawless victory.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Slayz

Yeah, have to agree with this. Great list.

I really want BvS to be a phenomenal movie, but I've got a bad feeling in my gut it will just be passable. Same goes for Civil War and Deadpool.

Suicide Squad looks fantastic though, I've no doubt it will be the best CBM of 2016.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

I'd put X-Men (and possibly Deadpool) higher, but pretty good list and reasons for where you've got them ranked.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. I agree with some of it.

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz: I heard the testing audiences for Civil War have been more positive than they were for Winter soldier

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Awesome

~MiB

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm most excited for Doctor Strange. The best will probably be Apocalypse.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@incursion: Testing audiences always have great reviews for McU films, lol.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Good points, good blog imo:

1. Suicide Squad, of all these directors Ayer is following up from the best previous film with Fury - a career high.
  2. Deadpool, not a Deadpool fan yet even I'm bought and sold by this one.
  3. Batman vs Superman/Civil War, cowardly but I really don't know - Civil War is the safer option but I found the trailer shockingly boring. BvS could go either way.
  4. X-Men Apocalypse, the timeline of this franchise has been beaten to death and many characters are defined solely by their powers, but everyone gives it a pass because... Entertaining I'm sure but I didn't care for some of the footage.
  5. TMNT 2, actually looks like a fun flick and much better than its predecessor. Hopefully the Bay tropes are gone.
  6. Doctor Strange, I cannot comment as I have only seen a photo.
panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. SS

2. B v. S

3. X-men Apocalypse

4. Deadpool

5. Dr. Strange

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. SS

2. B v. S

3. X-men Apocalypse

4. Deadpool

5. Dr. Strange

This is literally the first time I have seen you outside the Hot or Not thread. I thought that was the only place you post.

Good points, good blog imo:

1. Suicide Squad, of all these directors Ayer is following up from the best previous film with Fury - a career high.
  2. Deadpool, not a Deadpool fan yet even I'm bought and sold by this one.
  3. Batman vs Superman/Civil War, cowardly but I really don't know - Civil War is the safer option but I found the trailer shockingly boring. BvS could go either way.
  4. X-Men Apocalypse, the timeline of this franchise has been beaten to death and many characters are defined solely by their powers, but everyone gives it a pass because... Entertaining I'm sure but I didn't care for some of the footage.
  5. TMNT 2, actually looks like a fun flick and much better than its predecessor. Hopefully the Bay tropes are gone.
  6. Doctor Strange, I cannot comment as I have only seen a photo.

I agree. That trailer is one of the most boring superhero trailers I've ever seen. It was so safe and so safely put together. I hope they pull a Suicide Squad and turn in a great second trailer.

- TAS

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd put Dr Strange first and Deadpool above BVS. Otherwise it's pretty good

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespoiler: X-Men is still the safest bet for best of the year because there is a little uncertainty around SS and Strange, but I'm just basing it off what I've seen so far.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When will movie Joker start to turn into a trope? Pretty much everyone who plays him "looks amazing", even the kid from Gotham who was supposedly going to be Joker.

Seems like the role always gets a ton of praise.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: Well I don't watch Gotham, but Nicholson and Ledger were obviously great in the role. From what I've seen, Leto is going to keep that going. If there's ever a casting of it that just can't pull it off, then it won't feel like a trope.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By TheExile285

Good list. I'd rate them like this:

1. Sucide Squad

2. Civil War

3. BvS

4. Deadpool

5. Doctor Strange

6. X-Men

7. TMNT 2

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Eye hear you man. We will C.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think some is what you think of the characters to begin with. I hate Deadpool. I hate who created Deadpool. I think his whole existence is as a mere "gag"..like Ambush Bug for DC. But yet he still is part of Marvel's main continuity. Therefore, I probably, on that alone wouldn't like the movie if I saw it, (which I won't). That said, is it fair for me to put as "bad quality" when I won't even see it. No, it isn't. But my negative feelings towards the character make me have to put it in last place. based on trailer, I actually expect BvS to be the best. I don't like how Joker is portrayed in SS. That may change as trailer come for Dr. Strange and I get a better feel for Apocalypse.

On an unrelated note. Slow West was very good. It was a bit of a slow burn (no pun intended) but that last 30 minutes..whoa! Like to see a list of Best Western films since 2000. Seems not many have been made this century.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On an unrelated note. Slow West was very good. It was a bit of a slow burn (no pun intended) but that last 30 minutes..whoa! Like to see a list of Best Western films since 2000. Seems not many have been made this century.

Glad you enjoyed it man. Yeah, that genre needs to come back

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Good list but I disagree.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: you might want to reconsider...

No Caption Provided

- TAS

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually agree completely, though I want BvS to be the best.

This. Although hopefully BvS will turn out to be the best.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RustyRoy
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@ready_4_madness: I think general audiences will love Deadpool cause he caters to the Internet generation. Sh*t jokes and random humor. Not my cup of tea though.