Extended Trailer for 'Arrow'/'The Flash' Crossover Reveals a Ton of Action

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Flash, Arrow, and the rest of the heroes of the DC/CW-verse are about to take on Vandal Savage and the extended trailer for this year's cross-over event has hit the net! Check it out for yourself.

This crossover begins on Tuesday, December 1 at 8/7C on CW.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By birdman400

Carter Hall looks badass , & vandal savage's actor > , DC is really doing a good job on casting

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Wooooo! So they replaced Hath-Set with Savage (which I am completely fine with). This is going to be so awesome

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Neat

Pelykan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope they step up the fighting choreography for this episode or better yet for the entire series.

And I want them to quit crying over Thea being a killer seeing as they are just shooting people in the chest with arrows and guns and that is usually not something you just walk away from.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

@pelykan: I liked the fight choreography in this week's Arrow.

Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Damn thats the team name? Lol

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You would think they would bring in Firestorm for this, you know seeing as Oliver is bringing in his whole team and the guy who can fly and burn stuff might come in handy a lot more than the guy holding a gun.

Guess budget prevents Firestorm from showing even though he might have come in handy in the fight against Zoom to. (Would have lost for sure but might have brought Barry some time at least.)

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Love the CW JLA

~MiB

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MadeinBangladesh: I honestly dont see why they cant bring in members of the comics and movie Justice League to the CW universe. DC's already making a Flash movie separate from the show. They could easily make shows for Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest that are separate from the movies.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope whoever directed that does it for all other episodes.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@the_stegman: When Ray destroyed the ghosts at the speed of sound.....that was just awesome

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Kidd

@handofprometheus said:
@the_stegman said:

Their stunt coordinator did that episode but he went overboard on the shaky cam.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Nice, this should be exciting.

They may not be able to tie into DC movies but it's just as cool that they can do crossovers. That's one thing Marvel (seemingly) can't do nearly as effectively.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Looks sweet!

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh.Jessica Jones series is Fire!!

Pelykan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

The 1on1 with Thea was great the fight with Ollie/Palmer was alright but the rest had a lot of guys with guns just straight up running into fists.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofthechronicle: I'm guessing they're saying Hath-Set was one of Vandal's pasted identities. I'm just hoping they keep Vandal a caveman.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pelykan said:

I really hope they step up the fighting choreography for this episode or better yet for the entire series.

And I want them to quit crying over Thea being a killer seeing as they are just shooting people in the chest with arrows and guns and that is usually not something you just walk away from.

oliver is shooting them in areas that he knows can knock them out, he never really kills them unless he has too , Diggle is the one who just straight up kills now

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightfang: Totally. From the way the actor looks as Savage, it's not hard to think of him once being a caveman

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I'm a DC Guy in & out.Just passing information.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Awesome stuff!

TubbyLumpkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: me buddy, weird how theirs no review for the episode

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By goonage

@MadeinBangladesh: I honestly dont see why they cant bring in members of the comics and movie Justice League to the CW universe. DC's already making a Flash movie separate from the show. They could easily make shows for Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest that are separate from the movies.

But that would require DC to use common sense. Luckily, everyone obviously knows that if we had a TV show and a movie of the same character everyone would get confused!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

They were just spinning in circles and punching..

Yeah, I mean I guess different strokes. But, the fighting on Arrow has been bad since season 3. It's never gotten back to season 2 levels. You can tell people are generally avoiding contact and avoiding trying to actually hit people.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

@goonage said:
@vandinejd_1991 said:

But that would require DC to use common sense. Luckily, everyone obviously knows that if we had a TV show and a movie of the same character everyone would get confused!

They could make into a Crisis on Infinite Earths type of thing...but hey what do I know?

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:
@ecstaticgrace said:
@the_stegman said:

They were just spinning in circles and punching..

Yeah, I mean I guess different strokes. But, the fighting on Arrow has been bad since season 3. It's never gotten back to season 2 levels. You can tell people are generally avoiding contact and avoiding trying to actually hit people.

I mean why would you actually want to hit someone? dumb logic , its a tv show remember

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: No, read what I said and pump the breaks on your fandom: I said you can tell they are trying not to hit each other and avoiding actual contact. Watch some other action shows, even something like Walker Texas Ranger there is an actuall large amount of contact. As far as actually hitting each other actually that's how many movie and tv show fights are filmed. Such as in Rocky 4 Stallone and Doplh are actually hitting each other. Stallone said Dolph actually ends up breaking his jaw because of he style of filming the scene they were using. Another example is scorpion King. The rock said he actually got hurt because of the style they were using. It's risky, but that's why you have stunt doubles and insurance companies to insure the film. Many TV shows have a lot of contact in the scenes as well. Such as if you watch behind the scenes footage on Buffy/Angel there stunt doubles actually have a lot of actual contact. Either way as an audience member I shouldn't be able to tell when you are straight up avoiding being hit as the stunt double or actor or avoiding hitting people. Good fight scenes disguise stunts. Go watch some good Kung fun movies and or tv shows, they hid stuff and sell the punches/kicks.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pelykan said:

oliver is shooting them in areas that he knows can knock them out, he never really kills them unless he has too , Diggle is the one who just straight up kills now

Oliver uses tranq arrows. I assume Diggle uses something similar too tranquilizer darts maybe? It has been stated on multiple occasions that Oliver uses tranq arrows but nothing has been stated in Diggles cases... Maybe he is offing guys.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@birdman400: No, read what I said and pump the breaks on your fandom: I said you can tell they are trying not to hit each other and avoiding actual contact. Watch some other action shows, even something like Walker Texas Ranger there is an actuall large amount of contact. As far as actually hitting each other actually that's how many movie and tv show fights are filmed. Such as in Rocky 4 Stallone and Doplh are actually hitting each other. Stallone said Dolph actually ends up breaking his jaw because of he style of filming the scene they were using. Another example is scorpion King. The rock said he actually got hurt because of the style they were using. It's risky, but that's why you have stunt doubles and insurance companies to insure the film. Many TV shows have a lot of contact in the scenes as well. Such as if you watch behind the scenes footage on Buffy/Angel there stunt doubles actually have a lot of actual contact. Either way as an audience member I shouldn't be able to tell when you are straight up avoiding being hit as the stunt double or actor or avoiding hitting people. Good fight scenes disguise stunts. Go watch some good Kung fun movies and or tv shows, they hid stuff and sell the punches/kicks.

you know they pay for the injury bills , we are talking about a TV SHOW with a limited budget , stop whining and shut up and just watch the damn show already

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: Does your mom work on this show? You're taking my critque pretty personally. I can talk about whatever I damn well please. This is a debate sight where opinions are supposed to be posted: Duh. These fight scenes in season 1 and 2 were great, season 3 and 4 suck(outside of Ras Al Ghul vs Ollie) fight 1.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: @lukehero: I have to agree with lukehero here. The fight scences in the later seasons of arrow sucks. Take a look at the Daredevil show for comparison. None of the action sequences in arrow could hold up to the Matt vs Nobu fight. Other fights that comes to mind right now are the rain fight, the kingpin fight and the hallway fight, which I know might have been inspired from Park Chan Wook's Oldboy but was still very well shot.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: @lukehero: I have to agree with lukehero here. The fight scences in the later seasons of arrow sucks. Take a look at the Daredevil show for comparison. None of the action sequences in arrow could hold up to the Matt vs Nobu fight. Other fights that comes to mind right now are the rain fight, the kingpin fight and the hallway fight, which I know might have been inspired from Park Chan Wook's Oldboy but was still very well shot.

then why watch the show if you guys wanna complain lol , simple solution to you guy's problem is DONT watch the show lol

cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: I am stating my opinion about how the quality has gone down on a show I have been watching since episode 1,based on a comic book character that I happen to like, on a post about that show, on a website about comic books and related media.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: I am stating my opinion about how the quality has gone down on a show I have been watching since episode 1,based on a comic book character that I happen to like, on a post about that show, on a website about comic books and related media.

well that's normal for every CB show , Smallville is the greatest CB show all time but heavily regressed after season 5/6 , its still better than anything out now though , it happens to ALL shows , AoS is a good example , the 1st season > 2nd and 3rd , season 2 had good about 2-3 good episodes , and season 3 so far is below average to barely average , nothing impressive but I respect your opinion , I just don't like when people complain about Arrow ALL the time but still watch it

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: You can watch something and enjoy it while realizing it's flawed. Same thing goes for food. If you pay for a sandwich and it has too much mayo. That doesn't mean you have to chuck it in the trash. It might have other good things on it.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@birdman400: You can watch something and enjoy it while realizing it's flawed. Same thing goes for food. If you pay for a sandwich and it has too much mayo. That doesn't mean you have to chuck it in the trash. It might have other good things on it.

yea but I mean (yes I know its CV) , but people will bash arrow , point out all its flaws and say its terrible , but yet still watch it

cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: I was talking about the fight choreography, I might like the character and I prefer DC over Marvel, but I am not blind to the fact that compared to Daredevil Arrow's fights suck

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: When Ray destroyed the ghosts at the speed of sound.....that was just awesome

I thought Theas fight with Andy was pretty cool.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Yeah that was sweet. This whole plot with Andy is actually really cool.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

M1cAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that trailer was HYPE!!!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@jashro44: Andy vs Thea was very cool. About time an Arrow member actually works to win a fight.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By entropy_aegis

Even Gotham has far better choreography ,the Alfred vs Tabitha and Gordon vs Dumas monk clips from the upcoming episode are proof.

Still waiting for flashback Oliver to remember the list and that he loves Laurel. Also did Dig say Andy died 8 years ago? he was alive in the last season flashbacks which took place five and a half years ago, maybe the writers should start expanding their attention span and making sure it lasts more than 2 episodes but that would require good writing and a stop to the inane Olicity pandering.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Avatar image for the_kid_lantern
The_Kid_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait... the Hawks wings aren't always shown and just pop out of their backs new52 style?

:/

Shame on the producers. I hope we get a good explanation and they don't stay grounded all the time in costume.

~KL~