Extended Star Wars Rebels Trailer

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Coming in October to Disney XD is Star Wars Rebels, a new animated series focusing on some new characters in the Star Wars universe. Check out the new trailer below!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Lightsaber blades look too thin

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

Guessing it's not related to Clone Wars? Disney couldn't wait to milk that SW buy, lol.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty good.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Awesome

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I'm really looking forward to this series. I'm just concerned that it being a Disney DX series that it will lean too hard toward a childish audience. The CLONE WARS movie was pretty awful because of that. However, I was honestly surprised by how dark the CLONE WARS series was willing to go.

I didn't think I'd like the Darth Maul return, but I really enjoyed seeing that character better fleshed out. It's a real shame that series didn't get a more satisfying finale. So many plot lines left open that will likely never have closure.

I was hoping this new series would be a Netflix production.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@the_stegman: What do you mean? It's set in the same universe I think. But it's a sequel.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'm still on the fence about whether to watch this show. On the one hand, it does look better than I expected and I do appreciate the time period this show takes place in. As well as James Arnold Taylor voicing Obi Wan Kenobi, that's a cool cameo right there. But on the other hand, some of the things they're touting as new and original have been done so much better in the now non canon Expanded Universe e.g. the cowboy Jedi, delinquent rebel, spunky droid etc. I don't expect much but maybe I will try the first episode to see if it's decent.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is this season 3 ?

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@lvenger said:

I'm still on the fence about whether to watch this show. On the one hand, it does look better than I expected and I do appreciate the time period this show takes place in. As well as James Arnold Taylor voicing Obi Wan Kenobi, that's a cool cameo right there. But on the other hand, some of the things they're touting as new and original have been done so much better in the now non canon Expanded Universe e.g. the cowboy Jedi, delinquent rebel, spunky droid etc. I don't expect much but maybe I will try the first episode to see if it's decent.

I couldn't have said it better myself. This feels very formulaic, however, since it is done by the same people who did The Clone Wars (That JAT cameo was so cool!), I am willing to give it a chance. It could be halfway decent. Although remember the first few episodes of the Clone Wars? Phew, talk about rough.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

I was already excited about this cartoon before but this trailer was awesome. It gives us a much better understanding of the direction this show will take. Pretty stoked. I can never have too much Star Wars in my life.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Your comment makes no sense. This is a series that takes place between Episode 3 and Episode 4 of the main Star Wars Saga. It is in the same continuity as the 6 films and The Clone Wars. I don't see how Disney making a cartoon is "milking" anything. They are exploring a time period in Star Wars that has a lot of great story telling potential with the formation of the rebellion.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

@syncig said:

@the_stegman: Your comment makes no sense. This is a series that takes place between Episode 3 and Episode 4 of the main Star Wars Saga. It is in the same continuity as the 6 films and The Clone Wars. I don't see how Disney making a cartoon is "milking" anything. They are exploring a time period in Star Wars that has a lot of great story telling potential with the formation of the rebellion.

Chill. The first question, was just that, a question. I was asking if it is in the same universe as the Clone Wars cartoon, the "milking" thing was a joke, seeing as how Disney is already producing a SW cartoon as well as a movie. No need to have rustled jimmies.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Great Obi Wan cameo. "But in time a new hope will emerge." Yeah, no foolin'.

I think someone might have told me, but I forgot: how did the Clone Troopers loose their accents when they became Stormtroopers?

Let's face it: there's only one character we're all really looking forward to seeing, and I have a feeling it will be a while. But I can wait.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I'm not really rustled. The first sentenced may have been a bit hostile but that was not my intention. I am a bit defensive of this show though, because I have been surrounded by a lot of negativity about it. Didn't mean any aggression.

nrgb2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: In the Rebels Visual Guide it says that all of the clones have been replaced by normal born people who attend Imperial Academies. So hopefully we'll get to see why that happened and maybe the clones will want to strike back! (Captain Rex *cough cough*)

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jonez_

Anybody else think the characters look extremely dull?

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@nrgb2814 said:

@amazingwebhead: In the Rebels Visual Guide it says that all of the clones have been replaced by normal born people who attend Imperial Academies. So hopefully we'll get to see why that happened and maybe the clones will want to strike back! (Captain Rex *cough cough*)

Thanks for explaining that. And yes, that would be pretty cool.

batarangbamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By batarangbamz

@foxxfireart: I feel the exact same way. I'm hoping the relationship between Disney and Netflix allow this show to be on instant streaming weeks after the season ends.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

This series look amazing and I can't wait. This is a time period in the SWU that I'm interested in seeing explored more and from what I've read and seen, I'm really warming up to these new characters.

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this takes place right where episode 3 left off? I guess this is the start of the Rebels.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 tparks  Online

Looks like it could be better then the Clone Wars, and I liked the Clone Wars.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wolfrazer

Only hope I have, is that considering this takes place during the Dark Times and we have Galactic Empire characters about and the fact that none of the cast has plot armor, in the sense of they don't really need to survive for any long period unlike the characters for TCW.

I'm hoping that Rebels showcase what the Empire is capable of, delve into that side some and show the GE is a strong galactic power in SWU.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

of course the focus will be on some 14 yr old emo kid... stupid kids have to watch stupid kids on their stupid kids show is stupid. make kids shows for adults and hit the kids if they don't like it

Nightson1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By Nightson1

Seems promising, I like that Disney is keeping about the same animation of the old show.

Schmidty816

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This looks so excellent. Can't wait!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I couldn't have said it better myself. This feels very formulaic, however, since it is done by the same people who did The Clone Wars (That JAT cameo was so cool!), I am willing to give it a chance. It could be halfway decent. Although remember the first few episodes of the Clone Wars? Phew, talk about rough.

Are the same people who worked on Clone Wars working on this too? That has somewhat softened my view on this show. They made things a lot darker and mature than I thought The Clone Wars would be. Though the first episodes of The Clone Wars were indeed rough to get through. The latter seasons had the superior quality.

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@lvenger: Yep ^-^ same head director, a couple writers, sound editors, lead concept artist and visual effects supervisor. I'm probably forgetting some others, but those pop into my head right off the bat.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yep ^-^ same head director, a couple writers, sound editors, lead concept artist and visual effects supervisor. I'm probably forgetting some others, but those pop into my head right off the bat.

Cool. thanks for the info. This might be better than expected then. At least by Disney cartoon standards.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fed37bb87434
deactivated-5fed37bb87434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope that i would see what happen with jedi knight obin during these days and how han solo met chewbacca and other characters on the saga