Explaining the hate Vol. 2: MOST Marvel characters

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Very recently, I've come to the conclusion that I have, at mildest, a general disinterest in the majority of Marvel characters that I did not already like as a child. The one's that I have no hatred for are Spider-Man and the X-Men, ya know, the ones that Marvel Studios doesn't have the rights to. Now, I do not mind Captain America, and actually quite like Iron Man. Everyone else, however, is about as intriguing as a math problem. None of the other Avengers interest me, namely Hulk and Thor. Hulk is an overpowered, overrated, one dimensional character with maybe two or three really great runs. I have no interest in Norse mythology (Greeks have better myths and food), and a watered down, bastardized Thor is like a muddy fat pig with Ebola. I actually don't mind the Fantastic Four that much, because of how awesome an update the (very quickly thereafter ruined) Ultimate version was, but of course, Marvel can't whore them out for a new movie. Then there's that, the fact that once a character gets a little shine, Marvel whores them out like a fat chested milf stripper on Two dollar Tuesdays. The annoying GOTG, whose movie is overrated, overly comedic garbage, especially make me ill with this rampant whoredom. Also, if Marvel really things that a mute Kamen Rider lookalike and his (albeit hot) long haired wife can replace the mutants, they're dumber than two Batman fans who love Dark Knight Strikes Again.

All in all, my disinterest in these characters would be quite a bit lessened if they were not EVERYWHERE, and in my face like a pissed off Amanda Waller (another DC reference, net you can figure out who I like).

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

news alert

No one cares

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gjgp27
NuclearRebirth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@gjgp27:

These stories and characters are not "EVERYWHERE" or in your face. They're comics, they're fun, and if you don't find them to be so then don't buy them. Black Bolt and Rocket Raccoon aren't climbing down your chimney and waiting for you at the breakfast table.

I could go on about how it doesn't make sense to hate something because others enjoy it, but rather than do that I'm going to recommend two comics for you:

Adventure Comics #'s 4 and 5

Avatar image for deactivated-57d568743bdb8
deactivated-57d568743bdb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

You've named maybe seven characters you dislike. That's hardly "MOST Marvel Characters".

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By McHotcakes
No Caption Provided

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: Majority of Avengers (Black Widow, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Luke Cage) Inhumans, GOTG is 7 characters? Hell, that's at least 12 or so.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FearTheLiving
Ignore the trolls.
Ignore the trolls.