Experiences with non comic book readers

cocobarbarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was recently arguing with one of my friends about who would win in a fight superman or batman, and he told me something that im pretty sure is 100% bull crap which was that in one comic batman injected himself with kryptonite and then killed superman by ripping his head off. He also then proceeded to say that the only one who could beat batman was joker. So what are some of your experiences with non comic book readers talking about something they know nothing about.

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha that never happened. And this is coming from someone who doesn't really read a lot of comics. Batman, even though he is extremely awesome, can't win in a fair fight against Superman. It's just not possible. It's overmatched.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's annoying because the only things they know is stuff from the movies/shows...

My friend watched Arrow and he didn't even know it was based off Green Arrow. He didn't even know Green Arrow existed in the comics.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Someone thought Bane could beat The Flash.... I can't even.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You have to just play along with people who don't read comics. What they know is based off of movies and shows and games and that's fine. Not everyone is a comic reader and it's perfectly fine if their opinion are based off of games and movies and shows. Its all fiction, and shows and movies are part of fiction as well

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By righteous300

People that think they know everything because they watched the cartoon. I've been told that Batman dies all the time and comes back. Superman can't beat Batman. Wonder Woman and Batman are the best couple ever, John Stewart is the original GL. The list goes on.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't fit in

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman vs Superman is the same as every other fictional vs fight it is pretty much ambiguous it is literally anyone's game.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocobarbarian: Non-readers are mostly gibbering idiots when it comes to comic debates, remember that. They don't know proper battle debate etiquette.

No Caption Provided

Remember to smile and pat their backs as if they achieved something, anything else would make them feel sad. When it comes to this 'specific' topic they are mentally children.

Avatar image for bossdarksied355
Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injecting himself with kryptonite? That would kill him.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok.

Avatar image for xxmarvelousdcxx
XxMarvelousDCXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't mind non-comic readers as long as they don't act like they know what they're talking about when they clearly don't. If you want to know something about comics, don't be afraid to look it up or ask somebody. Don't pretend you're a fan, you just end up looking like a fool.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

It's cool if you don't know. I only know all this stuff about comics because I have a lot of free time to read and study comic art through the year. If I was busier I am sure I wouldn't know as much as I do about comics.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most people I know just watch the movies and think that comics are for childish nerds.

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Quicksilver is WAY faster than the flash."
"Superman is stupid because he has never fought anyone on his level"
"Captain America will always side with the american government"
"Naruto is WAY stronger than superman"
"All Mr. Fantastic can do is stretch, and is one of the most useless superheros"
"Daredevil would see it coming"