Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Each week Dynamite Entertainment gives us an exclusive, extended look at two of their upcoming new releases. This week we are proud to bring you previews for both: THE SPIDER #9 & SHERLOCK HOLMES: THE LIVERPOOL DEMON #2. Check out the previews below and let us know whether you plan on picking up either of these comics. You can also see the rest of Dynamite's new releases, here.

THE SPIDER #9

FC • 32 pages • $3.99 Teen+

Written by: David Liss

Art by Ivan Rodriguez

Cover by Francesco Francavilla

Sabotage! Murder! A crazed hypnotist out for revenge! Terrorists are plotting to destroy Wentworth Industries while the mesmerist who calls himself The Hater targets The Spider’s closest allies. With the clock ticking and lives in the balance, The Spider must figure out how to be in two places at once – and how to stop a friend used as a puppet to commit murder.
== TEASER ==

---

SHERLOCK HOLMES: THE LIVERPOOL DEMON #2 (OF 5)

32 pages FC • $3.99 • Teen +

Written by Leah Moore, John Reppion
Art by Matt Triano
Cover by Francesco Francavilla

The streets of Liverpool are abuzz with rumors of a demon known as Spring Heeled Jack loose in the city. Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson visit the city Bridewell to examine the body of one of Jack's supposed victims but find the officer in change, Inspector Thornton, unimpressed by The Great Detective's reputation. Meanwhile, a collection of mysterious, eldritch Australian Aboriginal artifacts arrive at the William Brown Museum while, in the city's underworld, crime lord Mr. Drummond comes up with a novel solution to the problem of a lost dog.

What do you think of the two exclusive, extended preview above? Are you looking forward to any Dynamite comics this week?

#1 Posted by That60sGuy (286 posts) - - Show Bio

The Spider #9 looks interesting. Still miss Colton Worley's art but Ivan Rodrigues is doing a good job. David Liss' writing is still as good as ever. Looking forward to the trade.

#2 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving both series. Dynamite is becoming my second favorite publisher with all the pulps they are reviving. I hope Sherlock sells well enough to warrant another mini after this one concludes.

#3 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent issues, but then again, is there anything Dynamite doesn't do extremely well on? Spider especially, total thumbs up. Haven't tried Liverpool Demon yet but after that lil preview I might have to check the shelves...

#4 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. I def prefer this art over any photo tracing that I've seen before from The Spider title. Warrants a look-see.

#5 Posted by Trodorne (2584 posts) - - Show Bio
Academy Award winning actor: Daniel Day Lewis

For a selling point of getting people to read this comic, I will convince them this issue and series is guest starred by Gangs of New York and Lincoln Award winning actor Daniel Day Lewis.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32998 posts) - - Show Bio

I love The Spider, such a great book. I'v never read any of Dynamite's Shelock books and maybe that's something I will have to remedy.

#7 Edited by NightFang (9976 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trodorne said:

Academy Award winning actor: Daniel Day Lewis

For a selling point of getting people to read this comic, I will convince them this issue and series is guest starred by Gangs of New York and Lincoln Award winning actor Daniel Day Lewis.