Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright. I have total faith in this movie now. It's bloody, it's disgusting. In short it SCREAMS Evil Dead. The Deadites look amazing, the effects are amazing and thankfully no CGI will be used at all. I have nothing against CGI, but in a horror film it can be a crutch and come across as LESS scary. This movie however is using stage magic for the effects, it looks completely real so therefore it adds to the horror. Apparently the girl named Mia who was originally thought to be replacing Ash as the main character is in fact NOT what we originally thought.

It IS possible the character named David mentioned in the trailer will fill the Ash role, as he seems to be be wearing an outfit very similar to Ash's. At this point I can safely say that I have 100% faith in this movie. It looks like it will indeed keep to the spirit of the original series, though to those who expect an Army of Darkness sequel out of this film will probably be sadly disappointed.

This type of film doesn't seem like it would support an Army of Darkness-like sequel. Besides that movie is such a cult icon, even more so that the first Evil Dead that I HIGHLY doubt we'd ever see a remake.

So, what do you guys think? HAIL TO THE KING BABY!!!!

#1 Posted by Shallbecomeabat (33 posts) - - Show Bio

I am right there with you, man! Love the trailer and don't get the hate it gets from some people! Looks like the spirit of the first film, transfered in a modern horror movie. You heard it here first: Mia is related to Ash (at least I think she is)! She talks about that her Mom would hate to see the Cabin that way, so maybe her Mom knew Ash, or married Ash after the first movie (if he survived). Other than that, I think I see Ashs necklace (the one he gave his girlfriend) in Mias hand when the blood drops on her hand. I hope I am not imagining that^^

#2 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shallbecomeabat: Hey, as long as we get some kinda conformation that Mia is related to Ash I'm fine. Really I HOPE that isn't the case, mainly because the Evil Dead was the first horror movie NOT to have the "Final Girl" formula. Only movies that TRY to be like Evil Dead go with the "Final Dude" formula and honestly HOW many horror movies end with a girl screaming? If they go the "Final Girl" route then it'll end like every other horror movie.

Evil Dead has the image of a dude with a chainsaw for a hand fighting off evil in a cabin. THAT'S what should happen.

#3 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they are trying to hard to make this serious. The best thing about the previous films was the hammy acting and humor.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33488 posts) - - Show Bio

misses the point 

#5 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy0009e: The first Evil Dead, which is what this is supposed to be a remake of, was more horror than comedy. Evil Dead II truly started the horror comedy.

#6 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18079 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Superguy0009e: The first Evil Dead, which is what this is supposed to be a remake of, was more horror than comedy. Evil Dead II truly started the horror comedy.

Yeah I can see that,but does that mean it will just be a stand alone film if that is the case?

#7 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Yeah I can see that,but does that mean it will just be a stand alone film if that is the case?

Well the first Evil Dead ended in a way that made it look like Ash DIED. However in Evil Dead II he was alive and well. And before you bring up the notion that Evil Dead II was itself a remake, Sam Raimi confirmed that it was indeed a sequel. The opening was a simplified recap of the first movie and the part in Evil Dead II where Ash walks out and gets attacked like he did at the end of the first Evil Dead is when it kick starts the sequel part.

#8 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18079 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Well the first Evil Dead ended in a way that made it look like Ash DIED. However in Evil Dead II he was alive and well. And before you bring up the notion that Evil Dead II was itself a remake, Sam Raimi confirmed that it was indeed a sequel. The opening was a simplified recap of the first movie and the part in Evil Dead II where Ash walks out and gets attacked like he did at the end of the first Evil Dead is when it kick starts the sequel part.

Yeah I know all that and I know the second one wasn't a remake.It continued on after the first few minutes.

My point is,is that if this is been made because Rami wants it to be closer to what he originally intended the first one to be,then he wont need to make a series of them.

#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (14897 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks kinda good.

#10 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: I think that isn't the best idea. Again, it seems just too serious. Not saying it cannot work, and it will be interesting to see how it goes. I hope that it can be great, but horror movie remakes are usually not too good.

#11 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18079 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy0009e said:

@mrdecepticonleader: I think that isn't the best idea. Again, it seems just too serious. Not saying it cannot work, and it will be interesting to see how it goes. I hope that it can be great, but horror movie remakes are usually not too good.

Yeah I agree.I hope its just a stand alone.

#12 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks freaking amazing

#13 Posted by longbowhunter (7103 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a massive Evil Dead fan. So much so I named my only child Ash. As far as remakes go I loath them. This however looks brilliant. Supposedly there isn't any CGI in this either. Score!

#14 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter: Oh yeah, it's been confirmed that all effects are practically done, like stage magic, smoke and mirrors, stuff like that to REALLY make it look 100% real

#15 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks like another crappy remake.

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

misses the point

Damn straight.

#16 Posted by ENGLENTINE (451 posts) - - Show Bio

I will reserve judgement for the final product. Most of the remakes that have come out, I did not care for.

#17 Posted by The Stegman (24480 posts) - - Show Bio

Groovy