Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze
@Nightshade50:
Oooh...I'm on Captain America's side....for the record.
Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Bruce Vain

Love the website I think you guys great, but I'm not paying to be a member. Sorry
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By jakob187
@Dane said:

" @jakob187:  I'm honestly not sure if that's supposed to be directed at me.  I never said their ads were intrusive, I said I didn't notice any, that's the opposite.  I never said I had any problems with the usability of this site. Infact, I consider it a pinnacle of Web 2.0 convention in the realm of comicbook media.  I never even mentioned podcasts and I have never heard of them splitting those broadcasts. "

LOL  Sorry, forgot to break apart the portion directed towards you, which would only be the part saying "I absolutely don't agree".  Sorry bout that. 

@JoeRiccadonna said:

" @jakob187: Smart of you to debate this over here. Giantbombers are flipping out right now. lol "

I know, right?  Some of us are trying to talk sense over there, basically saying that we don't understand the reasoning behind splitting up the Bombcast, etc.  There are so many that are going on this dire romp of "WHISKEY MEDIA SUCKS, RAWR RAWR RAWR"...and it's stupid. 

It's funny how so much of the Whiskey Media community...especially a lot of folks on Giant Bomb...have said they'd love to give money to these guys as their websites are great.  Now they are all up in arms.  I'm solely up in arms because it seems like the Bombcast split is a slight against what was already stated by staff members previously in that no existing features would change.  That's it.  That's my sole stance.  I even started a thread over there asking if people would pay an extra $10 a year to prevent the split of the Bombcast/possibly other WM podcasts, and over half the people voting on that poll have said no...then complain in other threads about how $50 a year isn't that expensive at all.  It's so inane. 

Either way, my offer still stands:  I'll drive from Texas to California and hand-deliver $100 to Whiskey Media for two years since I have no credit or debit card, unless they'll take a money order.  Then again, if I hand deliver it, I might be able to share a fine glass of scotch with Mr. Tony Guerrero. 

@Babs said:
" We love you guys regardless, it was not meant as a slight against our respective communities. Bottom line though is that we want to keep doing what we are doing, but we've got to eat, know what I'm saying? "
Gotta keep mac 'n' cheese in those bellies!
Aquamariner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Aquamariner

LOL... I was just wondering this morning about this site's cost/benefit ratio and how well it worked for Babs and the gang. Guess I know the answer now.  

Ok, so the reasons listed here don't even come close to anything that would make me pay for a premium account. We'll see if tomorrow this changes. Just hope the non-premiums dont get stuck with "incentive-to-pay" sucky accounts.

And can you believe I only just realized that there are links to all those other sites mentioned right at the bottom? 

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#55  Edited By lostlantern13

Definitely in the camp who found the second video a bit backhanded. I know that wasn't the intent, and understand the need for income, but it does make it seem that there could be potential "Subscribers versus Non-Subscribers" battles which I have seen destroy communities at other websites....and given how community driven CV is (and presumably the other WM websites)...the video actually makes me a bit nervous about the future. I believe in the good at CV and what has been said (that there will only be add-ons for subscribers and no changes to the free content), but one can't help but wonder...

Given that I've cut down my own pull list in recent months, there would have to be some facemelting features announced tomorrow to get me to pay. Love the site...it's fantastic and wonderful, but I gots a budget (for now) and only facemelting can change it.

Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By Joey Ravn

I'm a bit skeptical about this. Before I pay anything, and since I've pretty tight on money being a college student and all, and seeing I couldn't care less about the extras being offered for paid subscriptions, I'll wait and see how this plays out. It's not that I wouldn't pay a subscription for CV and GB, but right now I don't see any advantage to it. Besides, you don't accept PayPal and I don't have a credit card. 

Time will tell.

excalibur5150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By excalibur5150

I can see the premium members/ non-paying members already.  At first, it probably won't be that big of a deal, but as time goes by and premium members are more an more scare I can see CV making everything that's cool on this website a premium kind-of-thing and eventually turning off their non-paying members.
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#58  Edited By cbishop

Whiskey Media folks: I only have an account with Comic Vine, and have only checked out the other sites when something was linked to them from CV.  However, if the Multi-Pass allows me to have one account for all the WM websites, I'd gladly sign up. 

On the downside, I truly hope what's free now is going to stay free.  I'm currently in a financial situation where I cannot afford to pay for something like this.  I wouldn't even have Internet, if one of my neighbors didn't have an unsecured wireless signal. :}   ...Comic Vine is one of the things helping me keep my sanity right now.  Not that one guy's situation should change anything, but I imagine I'm not the only one in those circumstances, and on behalf of those folks, I'd just like to say I'd miss this site, if I suddenly couldn't get to it.  It's a fun way to pass the time and discuss my hobby with others. 

I'm sure I'll check out the Big Live Show thing tomorrow.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Hamz

I used to play PC games online for years and there was always one common trend. If you found a server you really enjoyed playing on and visiting regularly then you often donated a few pennies their way to keep it up and running. 

The same applies to Whiskey Media's membership plan. You donate to a company who happens to provide a massive amount of content free of charge in order to keep that content and that company flowing normally. In return they make sure you not only continue to get your regular content as you've been used to for years now but you also receive a few neat bonus extras as well.  

$50 a year for ALL of the Whiskey Media websites is a pretty neat deal given how much video content they pump out. How regularly they all provide podcasts and arguably how expansive their respective wiki databases are becoming. Hopefully clearer heads prevail later down the line, for now lets all enjoy watching the knee jerk reactions and have a good chuckle!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

If I'm only a member of Comicvine how does this affect me?
JayHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By JayHayabusa

Will pay even 100 euros a year to support the whiskey media guys! Bring it on...    

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By KRYPTON

Where do I sign up? Is this "Paid Member" multi link, account stuff activated yet? 

Avatar image for american_dragon
American Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By American Dragon

I`d like to see 5 Paid Members jump on this :

No Caption Provided

As for the cute Chick trying  to take someones Laptop :

No Caption Provided

As for the whole socializing with " Friends " thing :

No Caption Provided

And at the end of the day : 

No Caption Provided
dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By dondasch

I'll check and see what this all entails tomorrow, but at this time I don't see me shelling out ~$50.00 or whatnot yearly to view items I've always been able to view for free.

d0npierre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By d0npierre

My Money! Not Yours!

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@G-Man: questions about payment.... its listed as American dollars obviously, but there is no option to use our UK cards or cash... how do we solve that issue? Also can we upgrade a multipass to a paid one after we have created a non paid one?
Sanj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Sanj

Hello people of Comic Vine. I hail from the land of Giant Bombington and I come in peace!

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By Bigheart711

How awesome! Already linked them all, but I didn't seem to change my Screened username (The "B" as in Bigheart711 wasn't capitalized there)

@Icon said:

" @Rot said:
" I like how the Anime Vice  seats are in the back getting vomited on. Lol. "
lmao I noticed that as well.  "

Yeah. That poor bunny. :(
Agent 12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Agent 12

Fun fact: The multipass killed my freakin' auto log ins. I can't get on my main because I forgot it's password and apparently it's not linked to my present e-mail. >:(

Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz

Why does it say I have six months to sign up? What does that mean?

Kamen Rider Kajiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found a way to make the help feature work again so i'm going to use that now

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Mutant God

I try to get a Multi-Pass but the word I had to type in dont appear    
Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By Dark Walker

Bit too steep for me, especially once it's converted over.

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#74  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
Eleemos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Eleemos

Is there any way, I can log into my other accounts...I made a mistake by using this account for the multipass, but now I can't log into my Main account...I'm really worried now, cause I am active in the RPG sections here so...Can I somehow unsignup for the MultiPass 

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#76  Edited By lostlantern13
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" Why does it say I have six months to sign up? What does that mean? "
I think they're moving everyone to a merged account since, from this point on, new members automatically get a merged account. 
Kamen Rider Kajiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@~The Wanderer~:@Eleemos:  I knew more people would have the same problems here.
Eleemos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Eleemos
@Kamen Rider Kajiki: Okay, so Red LAMP said he would have a FAQ on how to use multiple accounts. 
Avatar image for danialcarroll79@
danialcarroll79@

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By danialcarroll79@

Because I used Facebook Connect, I didn't have a password, so when I created a Multipass it created this stupid account instead of linking to my actual account: ( Does anyone know how to fix this?

Kamen Rider Kajiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Eleemos:  To late for me i guess, i already linked a double on AV and now all i get is black screens when i try to lo-on there.
Eleemos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Eleemos
@Kamen Rider Kajiki: You have no idea how pissed I am...I am very active in the RPG forums, and I RP with multiple accounts. I need to be able to log into those accounts...I though even though you created a multi pass, that you could also log into your other accounts...I mean, why would they lock off the other accounts...
Kamen Rider Kajiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Eleemos:  i know what you mean its annoying but i think they can fix it by deleting the old account from the site and the multi pass, if only they had a feature like that from the start!
sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By sparty-dbq

Well, I'm gonna have to settle for the free membership for right now.  I've got a laundry list of expenses that have to take priority (a root canal and crown, for example). 

Also, is the show gonna be archived?  I have to leave right after it starts and probably won't be home until after it ends.
Eleemos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Eleemos
@Kamen Rider Kajiki: I've got three battles going on, two with one account, one with this account, and an RPG with my main account...I am really hoping that I can do somehting about this...I was planning on going to my comic book shop, but now I have to wait...
Kamen Rider Kajiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Eleemos:  I was going to ban someone on AV but now he can spam like no one cares. i hope for the both of us that this is fixed soon.
Eleemos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Eleemos
@Kamen Rider Kajiki: Me too...Are you listening God,...Make this go away please. 
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Hawk

So if I pay for this shit....I better not get banned or I want a refund!

Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz
@Hawk: HAHA! I was thinking the same thing.
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Hawk
@JoeRiccadonna: I really don't see the benefit of paying myself. I'd like to have the mobile site but that's the only feature that I"m really interested in.
Eleemos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Eleemos

I really just can't believe that I'm not able to log into my other accounts...This multipass is stupid...I don't even use the other sites...

Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz
@Hawk: Same. But, I want to support the website and it does have other things it just that I'm so hesitant on doing it. And for some reason Giantbomb is not working for me..... so I'm def not doing it until Giantbomb starts working again.
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Hawk
@Eleemos: Learn to read. Red Lamp explained it. 

@JoeRiccadonna: GB is working for me, though CV and Screened weren't earlier. I'd like to support the sites. (CV and Screen is all I'm on) But it not gonna be with my wallet.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

I've been here for almost two years and I aint leaving until they charge is mandatory or the features I enjoyed go away

Avatar image for malice_wonderland
Malice Wonderland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hawk: I did...but I still can't log into my Slight account 
604comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 4

#95  Edited By 604comics

I would considering paying (though not $50/annually) if they could guarantee spam accounts could not be created solely for the purpose of spamming blog posts and if the forums had a more structured feel. I'm not opposed if the CV forum was powered by vBulletin, honestly.

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#96  Edited By Baddamdog

I knew this day would come...

CombatCraigFM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#97  Edited By CombatCraigFM

I'd like to see some images of the mobile page and know what the "profile enhancements" are before I put some money down. Anyone have any of that info or has it not been announced yet?

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Will the videos be posted later, after the fact?  Or will the Live Show only be a one time thing and never posted to watch later?

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#99  Edited By turoksonofstone

6 months to convert or else????.... Can anyone recommend a site similar to what comicvine was???

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#100  Edited By turoksonofstone
@Baddamdog said:

" I knew this day would come... "

@Hawk said:

" @JoeRiccadonna: I really don't see the benefit of paying myself. I'd like to have the mobile site but that's the only feature that I"m really interested in. "

@Baddamdog said:

" I knew this day would come... "

@turoksonofstone said:
 6 months to convert or else????.... Can anyone recommend a site similar to what comicvine was???