Everything Wrong with Superman Birthright in 15 minutes or less....Spoilers.....(duh)

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Edited By SOG7dc

First of all, I want to make it clear that this is done as a joke and an obvious homage to the Youtube channel that does this with film. I am intentionally nitpicking a story that I love for fun and laughs. Fair Warning. As with Cinemasins, it helps if you have read the book already, but if not it will be important to read each scan before the captions below them Also, I will be doing my level best to only think about this single work and no other canon. I am only nitpicking this one graphic novel. So without further ado...

Disclaimer:

No butts were hurt during the making of this blog.

Edit: Okay guys, apparently this idea is inherently in violation of the rules. So I'll be trimming this down to 5 sins and There won't be anymore issues. I understand the rule but just don't have the heart to do it halfway.

Krypton; a planet of people sensible enough to eradicate war and become a United society but still stupid enough to ignore what equates to climate change and their planet's foremost scientist. Sin Counter: 4
Krypton; a planet of people sensible enough to eradicate war and become a United society but still stupid enough to ignore what equates to climate change and their planet's foremost scientist. Sin Counter: 4

No Lara. It's definitely there for Clark and so Waid can move the plot forward later on. Sin Counter: 5. also....is that....is that a curtain she's pulling down to wrap her newborn in? There isn't a sigle kryptonian blanket for him around? Sin Counter: 6
No Lara. It's definitely there for Clark and so Waid can move the plot forward later on. Sin Counter: 5. also....is that....is that a curtain she's pulling down to wrap her newborn in? There isn't a sigle kryptonian blanket for him around? Sin Counter: 6

We have a lot to cover here. First off, how did baby clark get out of the ship? Was the ship allowing yellow sun radiation inside....Jor-El made a ship for his son that wasn't sealed up as tight as earth space ships? Or didhe escape after the crash? In which case Kryptonians are extremely strong even before they get yellow sun radiation poisoning. Second we have toddle Clark lifting a tractor....how the hell did the Kents parent that? Third, here's Lana Lang everyone. We'll never see her again. Were you excited to see some young Lana and Clark love? Well enjoy this one, single image. Because that's it. And finally...when Clark learned he could fly for the first time did he just tie on a towel? Foreshadowing much? Sin Couter: 8,9,10
We have a lot to cover here. First off, how did baby clark get out of the ship? Was the ship allowing yellow sun radiation inside....Jor-El made a ship for his son that wasn't sealed up as tight as earth space ships? Or didhe escape after the crash? In which case Kryptonians are extremely strong even before they get yellow sun radiation poisoning. Second we have toddle Clark lifting a tractor....how the hell did the Kents parent that? Third, here's Lana Lang everyone. We'll never see her again. Were you excited to see some young Lana and Clark love? Well enjoy this one, single image. Because that's it. And finally...when Clark learned he could fly for the first time did he just tie on a towel? Foreshadowing much? Sin Couter: 8,9,10

These gunmen that shot at Kobe would DEFINITELY remember Clark's face, DEFINITELY remember the bullet proof WHITE man that protected Kobe, and there is no way that Abena would just believe Clark tore that shirt in a bar, no way they would trust Clark enough to take him with them after a few hours of chatting with them and why the hell was Gyamfi just sitting there instead of immediatley driving away?! Sin Counter: 19
These gunmen that shot at Kobe would DEFINITELY remember Clark's face, DEFINITELY remember the bullet proof WHITE man that protected Kobe, and there is no way that Abena would just believe Clark tore that shirt in a bar, no way they would trust Clark enough to take him with them after a few hours of chatting with them and why the hell was Gyamfi just sitting there instead of immediatley driving away?! Sin Counter: 19

See?! They've only known Clark for TWO HOURS! Also, that guy is racist. Sin Counter: 21
See?! They've only known Clark for TWO HOURS! Also, that guy is racist. Sin Counter: 21

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I appreciate the humor in this

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@sog7dc: Aren't you afraid a mod might lock this? IIRC they said there is a page limit for a single series.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Aren't you afraid a mod might lock this? IIRC they said there is a page limit for a single series.

Hmmph. I didn't know about that one. Oh well. If it's against the rules, then they've got to do what they've got to do. I didnt mean any harm. I just thought it was funny and, imo, Comic Vine could use some laughter.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

Hmmph. I didn't know about that one. Oh well. If it's against the rules, then they've got to do what they've got to do. I didnt mean any harm. I just thought it was funny and, imo, Comic Vine could use some laughter.

Well non Troll related laughter. I hope it doesn't, just giving a friendly warning.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Nice. I also love this mini. But that doesn't mean it was perfect.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality was working on a critique of All Star Superman and all it's flaws.... but I think he's busy with life stuff cus I haven't seen him

JonnytheWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

cool. I like dissecting stories like that. everyone needs an editor.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@saint_wildcard:

I still am

But I loaned my copy to a friend and she hasn't given it back in 4 months. Mine isn't nearly as fun as this though.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@sog7dc said:

First of all, I want to make it clear that this is done as a joke and an obvious homage to the Youtube channel that does this with film. I am intentionally nitpicking a story that I love for fun and laughs.

Read the title and came here to tear you a new one lol I was happily surprised. Good fun and a good idea. Number 4 is actually pretty legit.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

First of all, I want to make it clear that this is done as a joke and an obvious homage to the Youtube channel that does this with film. I am intentionally nitpicking a story that I love for fun and laughs.

Read the title and came here to tear you a new one lol I was happily surprised. Good fun and a good idea. Number 4 is actually pretty legit.

Lol thanks. There are a few in the later issues that I really have problems with but for the most part this is just fun.

@jedixman is this cool or no?

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is just great.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you do everything wrong about Avengers vs X men or X men Battle for the atom

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you do everything wrong about Avengers vs X men or X men Battle for the atom

I haven't read those :/

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@pokeysteve said:

@sog7dc said:

Lol thanks. There are a few in the later issues that I really have problems with but for the most part this is just fun.

It seems like every story, even the really great ones, have at least one wtf moment haha.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15 JediXMan  Moderator
@sog7dc said:

@pokeysteve said:

@sog7dc said:

Sorry, but no, it's not. We prefer that there be a limit of scans, especially full page scans.

Try to limit the number of scans to around 3-5. Certainly no more than that.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@pokeysteve said:

@sog7dc said:

It seems like every story, even the really great ones, have at least one wtf moment haha.

Yeah,except for Watchmen. I orginally wanted to do that but its damn near air tight.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@sog7dc said:

@pokeysteve said:

@sog7dc said:

Sorry, but no, it's not. We prefer that there be a limit of scans, especially full page scans.

Noted. Won't happen again.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awesome.

Beata

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19 JediXMan  Moderator
@sog7dc said:

@jedixman said:
@sog7dc said:

@pokeysteve said:

@sog7dc said:

Noted. Won't happen again.

Please try to trim the current amount of scans that you have.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mysticmedivh

@jedixman Is there a scan limit so people don't post entire comics, which would avoid something such as a lawsuit or other trouble?

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This is a great read , nice work.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SOG7dc
SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Too bad you had to cut it down. This was pretty funny

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pokeysteve

@sog7dc said:

@pokeysteve said:

Yeah,except for Watchmen. I orginally wanted to do that but its damn near air tight.

Watchmen would be a toughy. That crap with the boat seemed unnecessary. That's all I got haha Watchmen was pretty close to flawless.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@sog7dc said:

@pokeysteve said:

Watchmen would be a toughy. That crap with the boat seemed unnecessary. That's all I got haha Watchmen was pretty close to flawless.

Many complain about the pirate story even though it's a reflection to the main story in Watchmen.

The squid monster was the book's flaw.

BB

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many complain about the pirate story even though it's a reflection to the main story in Watchmen.

The squid monster was the book's flaw.

BB

It's a reflection but ultimately adds nothing. The squid monster was an alien I believe. Aliens always get a pass. Except for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Screw you Lucas.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SOG7dc

Still bummed about this... :/

MichaelSacal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just found this and loved it. I wish you had done the other issues. This series was a turd.