Everything gets 5 stars

YMCMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By YMCMB

I stopped going on this site months ago, because I realized it's trash, but every now and then I'll stop by to see how it's doing, and notice that the site's reviewers give almost every comic they review 5 stars. Who the hell do they have reviewing these things? They seem to love almost every comic they read, their reviews are basically useless. The only time I know to stay away from a comic is when it gets 4 stars, cause that seems to be the worst rating they have on this site. Why is this site so damn bad?

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By End_Boss

I don't know.

Why do you keep coming back? Surely, this being the worst site for comic book reviews on the internet, you'd have discovered somewhere else to take your winning personality and charm.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

how is it a bad thing that they only review books that they like?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#4  Edited By TheCannon

A better question is why you keep coming back just to spam saying the site is trash.

GrandHarrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GrandHarrier

@danhimself said:

Well. It doesn't help people as much when they don't review titles that one might be on the fence about. I too would like to see a bit more variety in what gets reviewed; Or, at the very least, shrink the reviews a bit so they can focus on getting out more of them.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danhimself

@GrandHarrier said:

@danhimself said:

Well. It doesn't help people as much when they don't review titles that one might be on the fence about. I too would like to see a bit more variety in what gets reviewed; Or, at the very least, shrink the reviews a bit so they can focus on getting out more of them.

see I'm never on the fence...if there's a book out that looks interesting to me then I get it...it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about a book...this week they reviewed 25 books...plus there are some great reviewers on this site who aren't staff and who review some of the lesser known books...also if you are on the fence about a book then it would be best not to take one review to heart...read what the staff here has to say about it and then go to a few more sites and see what they have to say....some people will only give books they like a 5 star rating just out of fanboyism but the reverse of that is true as well where some will give bad reviews to books just because they don't like a character or writer or artist not really judging the book at all....at the end of the day reviews are only the opinions of one person and your opinions could be completely different...for me most of the 5 stars on this site I completely agree with

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Blood1991

Fans review titles too. If you want other opinions other users have made some great reviews that are often overlooked.

GrandHarrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GrandHarrier

@danhimself said:

@GrandHarrier said:

@danhimself said:

see I'm never on the fence...if there's a book out that looks interesting to me then I get it...it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about a book...this week they reviewed 25 books...plus there are some great reviewers on this site who aren't staff and who review some of the lesser known books...also if you are on the fence about a book then it would be best not to take one review to heart...read what the staff here has to say about it and then go to a few more sites and see what they have to say....some people will only give books they like a 5 star rating just out of fanboyism but the reverse of that is true as well where some will give bad reviews to books just because they don't like a character or writer or artist not really judging the book at all....at the end of the day reviews are only the opinions of one person and your opinions could be completely different...for me most of the 5 stars on this site I completely agree with

Well honestly we should take it to the logical extreme; I'm a DC guy. I get DC books. I've a pull list of around 25-30 titles that I get no matter what. The issue could be garbage and I'll still get it. So the things that actually concern me are A) If I should continue getting a title, getting me to drop something has to see it REALLY shit tank or B) Whether or not I should get a title to begin with. And once I am on board I am likely going to keep getting it.

I'm honestly curious how many people cherry pick titles. I'll get Supergirl #5, but not Supergirl #6... etc.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#9  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Say the guy who listen's to Young Money and Lil Wayne. -_-

I'm not a big fan of thr star ratings either (I like the IGN 10 scale better) but I don't think this site is trash.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By John Valentine

The reviews are trash. Basically everything gets either four or five stars. Just no.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By danhimself

@GrandHarrier said:

@danhimself said:

@GrandHarrier said:

@danhimself said:

Well honestly we should take it to the logical extreme; I'm a DC guy. I get DC books. I've a pull list of around 25-30 titles that I get no matter what. The issue could be garbage and I'll still get it. So the things that actually concern me are A) If I should continue getting a title, getting me to drop something has to see it REALLY shit tank or B) Whether or not I should get a title to begin with. And once I am on board I am likely going to keep getting it.

I'm honestly curious how many people cherry pick titles. I'll get Supergirl #5, but not Supergirl #6... etc.

I agree...but it's not reviews that get me to drop books...like everyone kept saying how good the Red Hulk book was but I just kept losing interest in it until it was still sitting on my "to read" pile for weeks after it came out and that's what made me finally drop it...if I can't muster up the motivation to read a book weeks after it's came out then I see no reason to continue buying it

and I agree here again...even if it's a crossover with another title I need to read a few issues before the crossover starts

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Twentyfive

So, they don't have the strictest of ruling systems. Does that really matter? I don't mind it that much at all.

I mean, if the book is that good, why dock two tenths of a point away from it? What the hell is the difference between a 9.8 and a 10? What is the difference between a 4.7/5 and a 5/5? Not a darn thing. If a comic is genuinely great, then it gets 5 stars. And this website is awesome. Has the best forum. So chill out and stop wasting your own time being somewhere you don't want to be.