Endangered animals killed for Asian medicine. Your thoughts?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pangolins-under-threat-gabon-demand-surges-asia-033210313.html

http://www.savetherhino.org/rhino_info/threats_to_rhino/poaching_for_traditional_chinese_medicine

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/ten-threatened-and-endangered-species-used-in-traditional-medicine-112814487/

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have always hated that kind of traditional medicine especially if all the supposed effect it does is merely a placebo.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its horrible.it needs to stop. How is this still happening

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Very upsetting. Asian and African countries seem to have a nasty habit of killing endangered species for idiotic reasons.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mysticmedivh

They only care about filling their pockets and wallets. No concern or regards whatsoever for life, especially endangered life. This also reminds me of this dense, dumb — *insert angry remark here* girl who murders endangered African wildlife for her own leisure and entertainment. She's attracted global attention for her infamous, blood-boiling acts. Her reason for killing endangered African wildlife is to maintain the population. Well I hate to break it to her, but you're not helping the problem by killing species that are already endangered and near extinction.

No Caption Provided

Very upsetting. Asian and African countries seem to have a nasty habit of killing endangered species for idiotic reasons.

@ostyo Don't forget this savage as well.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

With the levels of poverty and backwardness they face what do you expect?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: that's understandable, but many of them have 6 to 10 kids. No one forced them to reproduced that many times.

I know you mean well by your comment though. My point is this and of course it's not directed at anyone.The rich Asians that purchase this medicine are the driving force for these animals to be killed and they need to stop supporting this black market. The Rhino horn composition is almost equal to what our fingernails are made out of, proven by science. They could technically grind up fingernails and it should have the same exact effect as the Rhino horn in their medicine.

There are like 500 Rhinos of a specific breed left, they're going to become extinct. It just makes me sad.