Embarrassing comic-related things you've done.

Citrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Citrus

I remember when I was 8 or something, I got a pet fish, and a black fish had awesome fins that flowed behind it like a cape.

I named my pet fish batman. My FISH was named BAT MAN.

Go ahead guys, let's see how embarrassing we can get here.

Citrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Citrus

Oh yeah, I remember talking to a girl named Talia with the intent of asking her out simply because I'd be a dork and have her call me Bruce and avoid her at all costs and stab her dad and crap.

She wasn't a very nice person though. Fits for Talia, but not for me.

You see, I think I've set the floor here. Join me or crucify me, your choice guys hahaahhaha

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

I'm never embarrassed by comic related thing I even named my daughter a feminine form of Lex after Lex Luthor. Her name is Lexi and she already has a favorite comic character (One that actually seems a bit scary but cool for her age)

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Aronmorales

Hmm...once when I was but a wee lad I made my own Godzilla comic. I made him say "What the hell?" because I thought that what made a good comic was cursing.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Guardiandevil83

I remember me and a body would spar in random Locations and pretend we were Wolverine and Spider-man. The latin and place versions. lol

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Catsnlynne

I don't think this would count as embarrasing but this past May when I went to Free Comic Book Day it was my first time ever in a comic book store. I saw a Flash comic book and having read some Flash comic books from my library I knew that Barry Allen and Wally West were both the Flash. Barry being my favoirte Flash. I didn't know if the Flash on the comic book was Barry or Wally and because of the tv show Big Bang Theory I thought that you were looked down upon if you weren't a comic book expert. I didn't want to look stupid so I didn't ask if it was Barry or Wally. I ended up not buying the Flash comic book. Later I learned it was Barry and Wally doesn't exist anymore. (I didn't know that then). I went back and bought the Flash comic book and have been buying them ever since.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123

I dressed like Starfire once in a Starbucks.

Well...I say dressed.

I meant I stripped until I looked like her.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I admitted to a group that i paid $400 for a comic book. I wasn't embarrassed by that, but they were! When I told them i got it by paying $40 a month for 10 months...that didn't seem to help.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Bump.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crom-Cruach

I quoted a Batman comic during a date with a girl.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By danhimself

me and my best friend covered a hamster ball in lighter fluid, lit it on fire and threw it at each other while yelling "KAMEHAMEHA!!!!!!!" and "FINAL FLASH!!!!!"

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@danhimself: wow, just wow.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By danhimself

@Crom-Cruach: that's not even the high mark of the stupid things me and him used to do that should have put us in the hospital

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@danhimself: lol.

TheBane2890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By TheBane2890

I passed all my English classes in college by relating whatever story we were reading to a comic. I compared an issue of X-Men to both Dante's Inferno, and the Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock. I compared Batman and Iron Man to The Great Gatsby. I also did a paper about who the best comic villain was, as well as several other papers. Each of my papers received an B+ or better. Only one of my 5 English classes actually dealt with comics, and in that class none of my papers dealt with comics, and I still passed that class with an A! I should also state that I actually wasn't embarrassed by doing that. I've never been embarrassed about my love for comics, and the other students in my classes actually enjoyed reading my papers. They said it gave them insights to the world of comics, and I got several of those students to start reading comics!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Blood1991

I say "By Neptune's beard alot". I also once wrote an English paper centered around the X-Men. Then one time a friend told me they were reading about Excalibur and my first reaction was to ask which issue when they were talking about the actual sword. I'm not really embarrassed by any of this though; it is simply who I am.

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rabidwolfdog

I creeped up on my neighbors through the bushes and trees wearing a ski mask pretending I was Spider-Man. Think I was like 9 or 10

Citrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Citrus

@Rabidwolfdog said:

I creeped up on my neighbors through the bushes and trees wearing a ski mask pretending I was Spider-Man. Think I was like 9 or 10

Hahahha, I did that a couple times but with sunglasses.

I remember meditating and then attempting to climb walls like spidey.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KnightRise

@Crom-Cruach said:

I quoted a Batman comic during a date with a girl.

Same!!! I did that Friday night three times, but two were from the Dark Knight. She didn't notice.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Nothing I can think of. At least nothing I'm embarrassed about.