Earth 2 Question

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I was thinking about picking up the new volume of Earth 2 because I've seen it get very solid reviews on this site and I tend to enjoy alternate versions of characters (i.e.: Brian Wood's run on Ultimate Comics X-Men). However, before I spend money on it, I wanted to ask the community what they think of it. What problems, if you have any, do you have with the series? I want to walk into this with open eyes, so give me your honest opinions. Thanks in advance.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dondave

@raggedscarecrow: You may not like how they re-invented some of the characters (Alan Scott for example) but I don't mind the changes and it's an enjoyable read.

RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@raggedscarecrow: You may not like how they re-invented some of the characters (Alan Scott for example) but I don't mind the changes and it's an enjoyable read.

I'm pretty new to DC (New 52 was were I jumped in, although I do have many Batman graphic novels from the pre52) so I know very little about the personality differences between current characters and previous ones. I am glad to here that it's enjoyable, because that should be the one necessary criteria for a comic book.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like it. It's one of my favorite DC books along with The Flash. I don't mind how they re-invented Alan Scott. I thought I wasn't going to like Dr. Fate because he's not Kent Nelson, but I do like the new Dr. Fate. What I don't like is that there is a Batman and now an evil Superman on Earth 2. Those are just a couple of minor dislikes I have about Earth 2. I think you should pick it up and give it a try.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I'm with you scarcrow. I just collected WW backissues and old xmen occasionally untill i became a current reader with the new 52. I liked what I heard about earth 2 also and picked up #13, 14, and 15, which I plan to read soon. I did have 1-7 then stopped. I didn't like the world building in those, but now it looks like if it is WAR!

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raggedscarecrow: the first arc was fun, nothing too special. Second was kind of boring imo. But the third was unreal especially the last 2 comics, i highly recommend it

also they have a new writer coming, tom taylor from injustice gods among us. i dont want to spoil anything but they have similar feels, if you liked injustice, i recommend adding this to your pull list.

also i disagree about with don dave above, alan scott is pretty much the same as before just gay. a lot of people complain about new alan scott because of this, which shouldnt be a problem unless youre homophobic. He's still a great character

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Its one of my favorite titles. It is just so good. Read all of it

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's one of the few consistent good books in the New 52. I suggest getting it.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Earth 2 is a great book.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Earth 2 could be the best book DC makes right now. At least in the top 3

RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the reviews seem to be overwhelmingly positive so I think I'll pick up the first two trades. Thanks everyone for all the feedback. I'll post my thoughts here after I've read them.

Toa_Manaia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raggedscarecrow: would like to share thoughts with you as I am a BIG earth 2 fan

@hart7668: Couldn't agree with you more

I love earth 2, I like the series based on a different earth that can create its own continuity. And also I am a BIG JSA fan...

Great art and story although waiting the team to come together is quite excruciating...

I am still mixed about bad superman although that was hinted at in Darkseid 1 last month and the appearance of a possible Thomas Wayne Batman is...interesting, I guess DC can't help itself

BRING ON TED "WILDCAT" GRANT

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Binski

I like it a lot a great universe without dcs big 3 deserves to be read