Edited 6 months, 15 days ago

Poll: Earth 2 or Ultimate (50 votes)

Ultimate 52%
Earth 2 48%

Which alternate earth do you like the most and why?

#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11127 posts) - - Show Bio

I went with the Ultimate Universe. I've invested a lot of time and money into this line over the years and I have a real soft spot for it. I've seen these characters grow, evolve, die, and prosper. Earth 2 is still in it's beginning stage and quite frankly it's had a really slow start, despite it being one of my favorite books DC is publishing.

#3 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32814 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11127 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Saren is saying that the Ultimate U has become a total slaughertfest lately.

#5 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate. Earth 2 needs more time to grow.

#6 Posted by The Stegman (23133 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth 2 needs more titles and time to grow.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32814 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Noteworthington (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Having recently caught up on Ultimate, and looking forward to upcoming changes, I voted for Ultimate. I do however, enjoy Earth 2, and have no issues with it whatsoever!

#9 Edited by Skit (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth 2 as of Current. Though I would say Ultimate as a whole is better, but only due to age and multiple titles.

#10 Posted by Fallschirmjager (15251 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Ultimate Spider-Man but I don't care about Ultimate universe as a whole.

Same goes for Earth 2.

#11 Posted by Jphu8414 (3204 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still shellshocked over the awful Ultimatum storyline that Ultimate had a couple years ago, but they've been slowly winning back my trust-Cataclysm has been good so far

#12 Posted by danhimself (22290 posts) - - Show Bio

I went with the Ultimate Universe. I've invested a lot of time and money into this line over the years and I have a real soft spot for it. I've seen these characters grow, evolve, die, and prosper. Earth 2 is still in it's beginning stage and quite frankly it's had a really slow start, despite it being one of my favorite books DC is publishing.

this

#13 Edited by Experio (14252 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both equally.

#14 Edited by JetiiMitra (8189 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how Earth 2 is different from the main DC continuity, what with other main characters and the like, but Ultimate for me.

#15 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5315 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate. Ultimate Hawkeye and Thor are my boys! Love Earth 2 though.

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32814 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth 2 lost me after they killed off Steppenwolf

#17 Posted by MarcosVergara14 (376 posts) - - Show Bio

Now Ultimete. After Ultimate Marvel Now! probably Earth 2

#18 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11127 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth 2 lost me after they killed off Steppenwolf

That really surprised me. Seemed like they were jumping the shark there.

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32814 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: I can see DC forcing James to add in Superman being one of the reasons he left the book

#20 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11127 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: I can see DC forcing James to add in Superman being one of the reasons he left the book

I hope not because if he wanted to include Batman but not Superman, I'd be really mad over that. As much as I prefer a Trinity-free Earth2 for right now - I'd have rather evil Superman than New Batman. Personal preference.

#21 Edited by CheeseSticks (2383 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Fantastic Four were two nearly perfect books. Ultimates Spider-Man and Ultimates I-II are also very good. Gotta go with the Ultimate universe.

#22 Posted by tensor (3871 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them both. Ultimate Universe i give the edge more since it has been around longer, it has not drop the ball yet.

#23 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never read Earth 2 (but I do want to), but I'll say this: the Ultimate Marvel universe is the best alternate-world in comics history.

#24 Edited by dondave (34542 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Ultimate Universe before Ultimatum, after that the only good thing from it has been Ultimate Comics Spider-Man.

#25 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth 2 for two reasons.Since Tom Taylor jumped in on the book it has became really entertaining and good and the other one is that the Ultimate Universe has become total sh*t.

#26 Posted by Catsnlynne (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked Earth 2 because that's what I read, but I'm really getting put off by there being a Batman and a Superman there. I thought it was suppose to be about the JSA. Isn't there enough Batman and Superman already?

#27 Posted by Cloakx14 (2417 posts) - - Show Bio

ultimate.

#28 Posted by Transformers1024 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth 2 is great, but the Ultimate line is really good! Although I wish that Galactus really did destroy the entire universe and wrap it all up. My only big gripe about Earth 2 is that Alan Scott is gay...it's just weird. (And NO I don't have a problem with gay people)

#29 Posted by Jphu8414 (3204 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked Earth 2 because that's what I read, but I'm really getting put off by there being a Batman and a Superman there. I thought it was suppose to be about the JSA. Isn't there enough Batman and Superman already?

Sorry I'm still a little behind on Earth-2 but isn't Batman dead, and Superman evil?

#30 Edited by GrenadeFlow (1367 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate since movies, cartoons and the 616 all take stuff from there has anything been adapted from earth 2?

#31 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20149 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth 2, I love Jay Garrick

#32 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

I'd say Ultimate Universe before Ultimatum, after that the only good thing from it has been Ultimate Comics Spider-Man.

Have you read Hickman's Ultimate stuff? It's great - titles like Ultimate Thor, Ultimate Hawkeye, and his relaunch of the Ultimates.

#33 Posted by ZeroPlus (2172 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Earth 2 more

#34 Edited by HushoftheWind (806 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate gave me a black Spider-Man and a well written black Spider-Man, gotta go Ultimate.

#35 Posted by dondave (34542 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@dondave said:

Have you read Hickman's Ultimate stuff? It's great - titles like Ultimate Thor, Ultimate Hawkeye, and his relaunch of the Ultimates.

Hickman's Ultimate stuff was good but once he left Ultimate Comics Ultimates the quality dropped and Ultimate Comics X-Men has just been terrible

#36 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@veshark said:

@dondave said:

Hickman's Ultimate stuff was good but once he left Ultimate Comics Ultimates the quality dropped and Ultimate Comics X-Men has just been terrible

I never got around to reading X-Men, once Loeb killed all the good members, I was done with it. You're right on the Ultimates though. The title took a sharp nosedive once Hickman left. Humphries sucked on the Ultimates. Fiaklov isn't that great either, imo.

#37 Posted by cattlebattle (12585 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate since movies, cartoons and the 616 all take stuff from there has anything been adapted from earth 2?

What besides The Avengers gathered by SHIELD, Hawkeyes costume, and black Nick Fury was adapted from the Ulitmate U? Just curious

#38 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1367 posts) - - Show Bio

@grenadeflow said:

What besides The Avengers gathered by SHIELD, Hawkeyes costume, and black Nick Fury was adapted from the Ulitmate U? Just curious

The prison in Cap 2 is straight out the ultimate U, Falcon is straight out the ult u, Cap's uniform is straight out the ult u, Amazing Spider-Man has several elements from the ultimate u.

#39 Posted by MaccyD (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

3 titles and 12 years of history versus 1 title and 2 years of history seems a bit unfair doesn't it?

#40 Edited by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: yet it is currently winning the polls. Which confuses me considering all the posts in support of Ultimate

#41 Posted by cattlebattle (12585 posts) - - Show Bio

The prison in Cap 2 is straight out the ultimate U, Falcon is straight out the ult u, Cap's uniform is straight out the ult u, Amazing Spider-Man has several elements from the ultimate u.

A lot of stuff from Cap 2 then. Also, Caps uniform isn't all that different in the Ult. U than it is in 616, so that could be just more of a modernization

The reason I asked is because thats an argument that comes up a lot and when you think about it, there really isn't all that much.

#42 Posted by The Stegman (23133 posts) - - Show Bio

I want an entire line of "Earth 2" titles.

-JSA

-Green Lantern

-Flash

-Batman (the new one)

-Batman & Robin (past stories feat Helena and Bruce)

-Doctor Fate

etc etc

#43 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32814 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@grenadeflow said:

the Chitauri being a thing, loki forming an army to invade the US just to spite his brother, Hawkeye and Black Widow being SHIELD agents.

#44 Edited by cattlebattle (12585 posts) - - Show Bio

the Chitauri being a thing, loki forming an army to invade the US just to spite his brother, Hawkeye and Black Widow being SHIELD agents.

Good calls. Although the Chitauri just "being a thing" is meh. They could have called those aliens anything, the Chitauri were integral to the Ultimates story, they didn't even really look similar.

#45 Posted by Farkam (4807 posts) - - Show Bio

I somewhat enjoyed Ult. SM but hated Ult. X-Men. Ult. FF was ok.

#46 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32814 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

Good calls. Although the Chitauri just "being a thing" is meh. They could have called those aliens anything, the Chitauri were integral to the Ultimates story, they didn't even really look similar.

Yea but now the Chitauri are in the 616 and they look exactly the same as the movie versions

#47 Posted by cattlebattle (12585 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea but now the Chitauri are in the 616 and they look exactly the same as the movie versions

LOL. Yeah, they tend to work whatever was in a popular movie into the comics. I guess they figure new fans will familiarize with it when they start reading.