D'ya ever just get chills when...?

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll D'ya ever just get chills when...? (8 votes)

Yes 50%
No 38%
You're not wasted again, are you Beware_My_Power? 38%

Despite the third choice I have given you, this is actually a kinda serious (and random) topic.

Do you ladies and gentlemen ever just get the chills or simply just get super excited when a protagonist completely owns or gets some significant power boosts? (This mainly pertains to anime/manga, in my case)

It's just super satisfying to see just how bad@$$ a protagonist can be and to see them grow so much in power that everyone else's power in the story basically becomes irrelevant.

Memories of DBZ come flowing back; Goku's enemies cowering in fear. What will this new hair length mean for goku's power level? Find out on the next Dragon Ball z!!!

A more modern example can be found in Naruto. As much as I kinda don't like it... I always come back just to see how much naruto has mastered the Nine Tails. Needless to say, I was quite delighted to see naruto on fire with character and controlling... little black balls? Oh, and sasuke has the Rinnegan, but who cares?

My favorite example is Saitama from the Onepunch man series. He basically shows no limits, and everything he has overcome so far has been done either effortlessly or just casually. The unique part about this case is that Saitama already started out overshadowing the other characters' power levels, rather than having to gain his own powers to surpass them as the series progressed.

So? Who else feels the same? D'ya feel like a champ, when the overpowered favorite, gets even more overpowered?

• 
Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sucks when your favourite secondary protagonist is suddenly useless.

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost: that too. But the over-powered-ness of the protagonist usually suppresses my feelings for any secondary cannon fodder.

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Beware_My_Power

Bamp.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorschach fans will never know that feeling.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Skit

Nope

Rorschach fans will never know that feeling.

No Caption Provided

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bop