#1 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

What is your opinion about this

#2 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm with it.

#3 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam:

I just can't see him as Lobo but who knows he could do a good job.

#4 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF said:

@AweSam:

I definitely see it. With some hair and make up, Rock would definitely look like him. Acting like him may be a problem.

#5 Posted by Resonance (86 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF said:

@AweSam:

Yeah me too... In my opinion, I think he's just not in for the role. I mean, a pissed Marilyn Manson can be Lobo but the problem is he's too skinny for the role. But if he will go for the role, I am sure the Rock could somehow pull it through. I mean, he did a great job when he portrayed Black Adam but it would be a challenge to be a maniacal space merc.

#6 Posted by BatWatch (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

Horrible idea.

Comic books are a fantasy world, and when fantasy is turned into movies, it is crucial to have good acting. If you don't have very good actors pulling you into the "reality" of the fantasy world, then the whole thing becomes a joke, but not in a laugh at not laugh with sort of way. It's the difference between this:

And this:

Dwayne's just not a good enough actor to make it work.

#7 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF: Can U smell what the Lobo is cooking? Rather see the guy play Captain Marvel/Shazam. The Lobo movie( Fragg!) -rated !

#8 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought he was good in faster that movie was dark and gritty also a good revenge story. i think the rock should play luke cage in a movie instead of lobo. there should have been a flash movie before lobo oh well way to go warner bros.

#9 Posted by Queso6p4 (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

As others have said, I don't think he can really act the part, but I was completely taken aback by Ledger's Joker so who knows? Maybe he could churn out a great performance. Still, I won't hold my breath.

#10 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds good.

#11 Posted by Strider92 (16158 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like him, i'm just not sure he's got the acting ability to pull Lobo off

#12 Posted by Cavemold (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully he has the acting chops.

#13 Edited by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights said:

Horrible idea.

Comic books are a fantasy world, and when fantasy is turned into movies, it is crucial to have good acting. If you don't have very good actors pulling you into the "reality" of the fantasy world, then the whole thing becomes a joke, but not in a laugh at not laugh with sort of way. It's the difference between this:

And this:

Dwayne's just not a good enough actor to make it work.

I could say the same about Chris Evans. Didn't he use to act in teen flicks before being chosen to be Human Torch and Captain America?

#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't say if this is good until I see pictures of him as Lobo.

#15 Posted by Onemoreposter (3955 posts) - - Show Bio

No...oh god no...oh please god no...Cast Brandon Routh as Superman, cast Hallie Berry as Catwoman, cast freakin SHAQUILLE O'NEIL AS JOHN HENRY IRONS, I can take it. But please oh PLEASE hollywood, don't go screwing with lobo. I'd rather have him in no film property than a shite one

#16 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Queso6p4: dude are you F**king HIGH??? are you comparing an actor to a wrestler?? jesus talk about spitting on someone's grave

#17 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta be honest, I don't see it and I don't hear it...

#18 Posted by Queso6p4 (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: You do realize that Johnson is also an actor, right? My point was that, sometimes people can surpass our expectations and blow us away.

#19 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he has the chops, but I could be wrong

#20 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

The more I hear about this Lobo movie, the more I dread it. This would just be another nail in the coffin.

#21 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Queso6p4: yeah the guy in the tooth fairy costume can play an intergalactic mercenary

#22 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Lobo so much...

#23 Posted by Dernman (14786 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see the Rock for a lot of roles but not Lobo. He should be some other character.

#24 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see it but I probably wouldn't watch a Lobo movie anyway so I don't mind very much.

#25 Posted by nomadicxnightmare (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hunter114 said:

Gotta be honest, I don't see it and I don't hear it...

^This. Dwayne has the bulk I suppose, and with enough make-up/costuming I think they could pull off the look, but it would be a stretch. My main issue is his voice. His voice doesn't even come close to how I would imagine Lobo's would sound. I remember Brad Garrett doing his voice in Justice League and Superman and it was ok. Someone who sounded similar to Steve Blum or (better yet) Scott McNeil would be perfect. Low, gritty, and badass. Combine this with the fact Dwayne can't really 'act' and has never played a role similar enough to this, I think it's a exceedingly bad move to cast him. Maybe go see what Vin Diesel is up to =P

#26 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

We'll see...........it sounds rather floppy. But I don't mind seeing the Rock's body in....well....anything

Lust over quality

This just might be my "Catwoman"

#27 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

I do really like some of the Lobo stories, but I'm afraid a Lobo movie is going to be mostly about guys shooting with infinite ammo and lots of sniggering.

I'll go to the movie theater for it though.

#28 Posted by Queso6p4 (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis: Haha! I feel the same way. AMC Lowes has a bunch of show times for $5 so that's how I'll see it first.

#29 Posted by The Stegman (23229 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know what you guys talkin' bout, Rock's a great actor...just not in movies 

#30 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather see Woody Allen as Lobo than Rock.