Drax the Destroyer's new look pure coincidence or GOW look alike?

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Edited By Nahero

well Ive noticed this for along time and its just strange isn't it? Drax the destroyer's new look bears a striking resemblance to Kratos the Ghost of Sparta. I mean like do to the fact that he has red markings and two blades like kratos sure there not blades of chaos, but cool knives that can slice people very nicely by the looks of it. They do seem to have things in common like they both kill very brutally, they seem very anti social and they kill there enemies with a lust for vengeance, and as you see here that there resemblance is very similar in more than one way only difference between the characters is there red pattern is spread from opposite sides of their upper torso and the skin color and story background, and race and time period and blah blah blah bleeeee blah!!!!! but most importantly there ultimate fate when it all comes down to them i know whats happening to kratos but drax not so much i never read the annihilation comic and if im getting through to anyone let me now, cuz i think this is a little funny to think about its like has anyone noticed this? at all? 

kratos ghost of sparta
kratos ghost of sparta

Drax the destroyer
Drax the destroyer

kratos flying
kratos flying
Drax killing thanos
Drax killing thanos

drax and his knives
drax and his knives

kratos slicing and dicing
kratos slicing and dicing
hulkinup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hulkinup

I guess they're kinda similar.I say bring back the older, dumb,powerhouse Drax.

hulkinup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By hulkinup

Now that I look at it again,they really do look alike,same build,similar markings,it's like they could be brothers if they had the same skin color. Still as I said before,bring back the powerhouse version.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I would bet that was Marvel's intention all along. I never played the game so all I know about it is Kratos is a dead man trying to avenger his family and is going after the lord of war. If that's what the game is about Drax is pretty much the same.

I actually prefer Drax's updated look and hope it sticks around for awhile.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By warlock360

Hmmm He did slay thanos the mad titan so who knows

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

It's too close to be coincidence.  Given that the first God of War came out around the time that the new Drax design debuted, I'm guessing Marvel saw an opportunity to milk some interest out of a popular new franchise.

Avatar image for sovereign_vance
Sovereign Vance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sovereign Vance

Drax and Kratos aren't the same in anyway except appearance.

1.Killing brutally is nothing new to anyone in Marvel who is capable and willing to do so.Punisher kills people..he does it brutally.Moon Knight kills people...he does it brutally.Blade kills people..he does it brutally.It's all for a "HOLY SH#T" factor in comics.To just simply kill someone isn't exciting on paper.

2.Drax was created by a being named Kronos..his named is derived from a character of Greek myth known as Chronos or Khronos.He's better known as "Father Time" or the personification of time.Sparta is a state of the Greek Empire.The artist who created the evolved Drax probably used Kratos for reference material,as he was a popular Greek\Spartan figure at the time.As far as I can tell none of his story was copied though.Most of what Drax has done since evolving was leftovers from before.Killing Thanos was what he was created to do...there was no Kratos when Drax first appeared.

3.They both carry blades but Kratos has two giant blades connected to him by chains that give him reach and control.Drax had two pretty small knives that he stole after owning the Blood Brothers.Yea,i'm sure the two blade thing was also borrowed from Kratos but it's roughly similar.

4.Kratos is anti-social but Drax is not.He taught Nova and Phyla-Vell how to fight,he was a Guardian of the Galaxy,he watched over a little girl named Cammi..I would say Drax seems a little standoffish because of his circumstances but really it's possible to build some sort of relationship with him.

Avatar image for omega_level_supreme
Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, thanks for pointing this out. I was wondering why Drax all of a sudden took such an unsual lean look. I've recently played (more like watched my brothers play) God of War, So I completely understand the inspiration for the new look. If anyone hasn't played GOW, run out and grab as many copies as you can. I'm certain you will be completely satisfied, to say the least.

However, I do prefer Drax's original look to this one. Peace.

Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mr Mofo
hulkinup said:
"I guess they're kinda similar.I say bring back the older, dumb,powerhouse Drax.
"
I agree.  I liked the dumb Drax.
Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nahero

ok guys thanks for the cool comments and you've made some good points soveriegn vance thank you and i stood corrected too.

Mutate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mutate

looks similar

zwatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought Drax's new look was inspired by Vin Diesel a'la chronicles of Riddick/pitch black

much like nick fury's new look is based off Samuel L. Jackson

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShenKuei

@zwatcher said:

I always thought Drax's new look was inspired by Vin Diesel a'la chronicles of Riddick/pitch black

much like nick fury's new look is based off Samuel L. Jackson

That's exactly what I thought. Reminds me a lot more of Riddick than Kratos. Riddick also uses dual knives that are a lot closer to Drax's weapons than Kratos's huge blades.

Starbrander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Starbrander

I prefer big dumb drax. New design kinda blows

RedDeadJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like drax's design alot even if it does look alot like Kratos. They are similar characters. It also brings death from Darksiders to mind.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Starbrander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers