• 71 results
Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6730 posts) 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: Dragon Ball series vs Naruto series (56 votes)

Dragon Ball 38%
Naruto 29%
I love them both equally 11%
Batman 13%
Goku can beat Superman 7%
Anime sucks, comics all day 4%

Which one is better? I find that I love both equally. Naruto has a better plot and an emotional impact on the reader, while Dragon Ball is Dragon Ball. Zabuza arc > Pilaf saga, Chunin Exams arc < World Tournament saga, Pain arc = Buu Saga, Rescue Garaa arc < Sayian Saga, Sasuke vs Itachi arc > Cell saga, IMO.

#1 Posted by The Stegman (26517 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never seen or read Dragonball, so I can't say anything on that part. But

Naruto>>>>>>>>>>>Dragonball Z

#2 Posted by Cooldes (4208 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: WTF?!?

did you skip dragonball and go straight to Z?

Anywho, my vote goes to "Goku can beat superman"

and also Dragonball is a much better anime overall than naruto and sukura d**k riding sasuke for 2 seasons.

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (45947 posts) - - Show Bio

Dragon Ball in a curbstomp.

#4 Edited by The Stegman (26517 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

and also Dragonball is a much better anime overall than naruto and sukura d**k riding sasuke for 2 seasons.

I was ten years old, Dragonball was over, Dragonball Z was just beginning, so that's what I watched lol. And I have no real desire to go back and watch Dragonball.

Also, in a slightly less related note, your comment about Sasuke reeks of the same ignorance most people say about Naruto who don't actually read/watch it. Part I didn't even have the Sasuke "d*ck riding" you speak of, and as for Shippuden A LOT of other things happen besides them looking for Sasuke.

#5 Posted by Cooldes (4208 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: part 1 didn't have it.... right... soo what do you call sasuke getting the curse mark and leaving for oruchimaru and naruto and everyone else going to go "save" him? what was everything after the naruto sasuke fight? what was the whole part one where naruto was trying to get to sasukes level and sakura was "in love" with susuke?

wank-ing.

#6 Edited by The Stegman (26517 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@the_stegman: part 1 didn't have it.... right... soo what do you call sasuke getting the curse mark and leaving for oruchimaru and naruto and everyone else going to go "save" him? what was everything after the naruto sasuke fight? what was the whole part one where naruto was trying to get to sasukes level and sakura was "in love" with susuke?

wank-ing.

The Sasuke Retrieval arc wasn't "Sasuke Wanking" Shikamaru was sent by the Hokage to go get Sasuke back because she didn't want Sasuke's Sharingan to fall in the hands of Orochimaru. Shikamaru picked a team to go get him, Naruto was included because Shikamaru hoped he could talk some sense into Sasuke. Everything after the fight was filler so I call it "non canon" . Sasuke and Naruto had a rivalry since day one, that's hardly wanking and Sakura has a crush on Sasuke, so what?

#7 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12935 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

wank-ing.

The Sasuke Retrieval arc wasn't "Sasuke Wanking" Shikamaru was sent by the Hokage to go get Sasuke back because she didn't want Sasuke's Sharingan to fall in the hands of Orochimaru. Shikamaru picked a team to go get him, Naruto was included because Shikamaru hoped he could talk some sense into Sasuke. Everything after the fight was filler so I call it "non canon" . Sasuke and Naruto had a rivalry since day one, that's hardly wanking and Sakura has a crush on Sasuke, so what?

Don't walk down this road with him..it's not worth it.

#8 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

They did need to cool it with the whole "bond" with Sasuke thing. Back in the day Naruto was a show I could watch in the living room and let my family walk in and out as they pleased.

But then everyone got all possessive about Sasuke and it felt kind of... Fancy...

#9 Edited by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

Love both bbbbbbuuutttttt DBZ FTW

#10 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (21153 posts) - - Show Bio

Huge fan of both. Naruto is actually better than dragon ball Imo, but dbz upto frieza saga was equally intense.

Overall, I am actually vote both equally. Naruto is one nearly consistent story. Dbz pulls out villains outta nowhere..

#11 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Shippuden is better than DB is better than Naruto is better than DBZ is better than DBGT.

#12 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12935 posts) - - Show Bio

Shippuden is better than DB is better than Naruto is better than DBZ is better than DBGT.

Mind dumbing that down for us less intelligent

#13 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

He's saying Shippuden is better than DragonBall which he feels is better than Naruto which he thinks is better than DBZ which is better than DragonBall GT.
So overall he's voting Naruto.
Personally I prefer Dragonball but I never got to Shippuden or watched the Naruto anime.

#14 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (21153 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Shippuden>DB>Naruto>Dbz> I don't know what the last word is, sorry.

#15 Posted by Cooldes (4208 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (21153 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: *facepalm* It was a Joke, pal, most of the db fans don't acknowledge Gt's existence :D

#17 Posted by dondave (38973 posts) - - Show Bio

Huge fan of both. Naruto is actually better than dragon ball Imo, but dbz upto frieza saga was equally intense.

Overall, I am actually vote both equally. Naruto is one nearly consistent story. Dbz pulls out villains outta nowhere..

#18 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a fan of child protagonists, so DB never appealed to me.

Every time Naruto gets better though, Kishimoto reminds everyone why they have problems with his work in the first place.

#19 Edited by TDK_1997 (15245 posts) - - Show Bio

I never really liked Dragon Ball,Dragon Ball Z or almost anything connected to the franchise,I just liked Vegeta and the moments with him.So yeah,Naruto.

#20 Posted by xlab3000 (3391 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

LOL

this

#21 Posted by shatiquego582 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: it doesn't matter everything that happened in DB didn't carry over or hold any true value in DBZ so it doesn't matter

#22 Posted by shatiquego582 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel naruto is better then DBZ only because DBZ characters have as much depth as a bottle cap so theirs that and well all sagas are the same

-goku and friends are relaxing

-a threat comes along

-goku gets injuries and must heal or overcome something holding him back

-gokus friends and family get slaughtered

-goku finally beats the cramp out of the villian and saves the day THE END

Also none of the events for DB crossed over except for Dr Gero and that's not saying much while in naruto shippuden everything from naruto is mentioned me you can't watch it unless you remember naruto fairly and characters outside of naruto and sasuke get development and the show has really picked up and villains that are me to be feared are ment to be feared unlike DBZ where gohan piccolo krillin and vegeta made Frieza their bitch till he went in his 3rd-4th form and then goku came and changedall of that while in naruto madara has single handled made the 5 Kate's and everyone crap themselves from his power and has soloed the shinobi alliance also the villains in naruto have more reason for their cause then DBZ villians and their continuity isn't as damaged as DBZ cause it seems their just making crap up at this point with bardock being the first super sayian while everything in naruto adds up perfectly people say DBZ is good cause of nostalgia

#23 Edited by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

i like both, its hard to compare them since the series has little in common other than main character wears orange, main character is a bit lacking in brains unless it comes to fighting, main character does the right thing even if it means going against what they want or need, both like to eat.

also sakura did and still does dick ride sasuke quite a lot

#24 Posted by Cooldes (4208 posts) - - Show Bio

@shatiquego582: i feel as though you didn't watch them...

name 3 things that didn't cross over. because if i recall correctly, everything did.

chichi is his wife

ALL the characters

goku's martial arts training and kamehameha wave.

bulma's heritage

etc etc.

now the thread is about db AND dbz so if you feel it's repetitive, please name 3 saga's in either show(you choose) that folow that pattern. because the only ones in dbz that follow that beginning are the saiyan saga and the buu saga. The only time goku defeated the Strongest version of an enemy was frieza. Who slaughtered gokus friends AND family? i don't remember chi chi dying. But please if you want to, go ahead list some examples of an enemy that slaughters goku's friends and family.

side note: what has ever held goku back?

#25 Posted by Cooldes (4208 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (21153 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@princearagorn1: OOOoooooh! *grows an extra arm* *Trriiiple Facepalm!*

*Adds his own hand in the facepalm*

Now care to explain why?

#27 Edited by XImpossibruX (5306 posts) - - Show Bio

DragonBall & Z >>> Naruto

#28 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

naruto all the way. at least in that anime, things get shook up quite a bit from time to time.

#29 Posted by Cooldes (4208 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: because i didn't understand that simple joke about DBGT xD

had to grow an extra limb to compensate for the sheer fail.

#30 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (21153 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: Lol I should do one for forgetting my own joke :D

#31 Edited by frogdog (3630 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto characters has Shitty characters like sakura & the uchica clan

Dragonball win by default

#32 Posted by Perethorn (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

Dragon Ball CURBSTOMPS

Dragon Ball Z Stomps

Dragon Ball GT Gets Stomp

#33 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (21153 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow.. naruto's actually leading?

@frogdog said:

Naruto characters has Shitty characters like sakura & the uchica clan

Dragonball win by default

That's a little harsh.. isn't it? come on, Ginyu force?

#34 Posted by TheReptile (190 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Fallschirmjager (19179 posts) - - Show Bio

"They're both bad" option pls?

Seriously. There is way better anime than both of these. At the end of the day both of them are just "Bad guy appears, main character fights him/her loses, main character becomes stronger and wins. Repeat" And its not like they even get stronger in interesting new ways. Most of the time its just a better version of their trademark move. (SS > SS2 >SS3....) (Rasengan > Rasenshurikan > Bijuu Rasengan...)

They were fun when I was a kid and didn't care about anything else, but they're both pretty mediocre since I've grown up and appreciate better story and plot.

#36 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12935 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously. There is way better anime than both of these. At the end of the day both of them are just "Bad guy appears, main character fights him/her loses, main character becomes stronger and wins. Repeat" And its not like they even get stronger in interesting new ways. Most of the time its just a better version of their trademark move. (SS > SS2 >SS3....) (Rasengan > Rasenshurikan > Bijuu Rasengan...)

They were fun when I was a kid and didn't care about anything else, but they're both pretty mediocre since I've grown up and appreciate better story and plot.

See that's thing is there isn't just 1 ''bad guy''

Naruto villains just don't ''appear'' they always been there though out the story, and the Main Character only has beat 3 real villain(one of which he really didn't even fight). Sakura beat Sasori, Sasuke beat Deidara and Orichimaru,Gai Beat Kisame,Kakashi technically beat Zabuza, Shikamaru beat Hidan etc etc.. Also the different variations of rasengans isn't Naruto getting stronger they're just bettering his original move. Naruto getting stronger is his Sage mode which is very different from his 9 tail power up.

#37 Edited by Fallschirmjager (19179 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones: I read the manga until a few years ago. I know what happens. Details don't matter, its the general story that follows the same route. "Getting stronger" is a relative term, how they go about it is irrelevant.

YYH follows this same format, but because they knew the term "less is more" instead of going on indefinitely I consider it a way better story. (Also Yusuke is way better than Naruto or Goku, who are both a bit stereotypical of a manga/anime protagonist)

Still maintain there are far better manga and anime. Neither one of these would make my top 10 or probably top 25.

#38 Posted by thelocust619 (2483 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto is very intricate but in the manga gets to a point where some fights simply come down to interpretation. If you start the Dragonball manga from the beginning, you cannot help but love little goku punching animal people in the forehead so hard it bleeds (sometimes for no reason) then "peace!" He hops away.... that nostalgia grows to eventually carry the entire series, even when it gets kinda crappy character-wise later on. Unlike Naruto which builds in pace as it goes on. However, in Naruto I never found myself particularly caring too much about its character's struggles. It has tense events and many exciting moments, but nothing that captivated me as much as young goku's raw innocence as he OPs literally everything in his path. Story wise, Naruto is more developed but as far as nostalgic value and clarity Dragonball takes the cake for me. I always knew what was happening and found Goku's struggles more captivating given that he, the character, never stops impressing the reader. When Naruto reached his kyuubi form I was like FINALLY ugh

#39 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6730 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

See that's thing is there isn't just 1 ''bad guy''

Naruto villains just don't ''appear'' they always been there though out the story, and the Main Character only has beat 3 real villain(one of which he really didn't even fight). Sakura beat Sasori, Sasuke beat Deidara and Orichimaru,Gai Beat Kisame,Kakashi technically beat Zabuza, Shikamaru beat Hidan etc etc.. Also the different variations of rasengans isn't Naruto getting stronger they're just bettering his original move. Naruto getting stronger is his Sage mode which is very different from his 9 tail power up.

Technically?!?!? No he DID twice lol

#40 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12935 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by The Stegman (26517 posts) - - Show Bio

That's really Shonen anime in general though.

#42 Posted by The Stegman (26517 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually surprised Naruto is doing so well. Usually people hate on it just to hate on it and love Dragonball out of Nostalgia alone.

#43 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6730 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by BlackWind (7374 posts) - - Show Bio

@shatiquego582: I agree. Even though i think Shippuden has turned to crap, Naruto at least has a very well varied set of villains instead of just conquer/test oneself, ect.

#45 Edited by Fallschirmjager (19179 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

That's really Shonen anime in general though.

True enough.

To each his own I suppose.

#46 Posted by shatiquego582 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: first off by family ment well gohan and goten and I didn't know that goku and chi chi were BLOOD related (incest much) also those 3 things that you named served little to no importance and the DBZ story line I mean what does chi chi do besides bitch and what significance Bulmas heritage serve cause it hasn't been referenced in any of the games and if course gokus martial arts training and all the characters were gonna be in DBZ I'm talking about story elements and major plots those barley crossed over or were mentioned and you say it as if goku got rid of Frieza 30 min or less he was Injuired due to vegeta beating the crap out of his body when ginyu did the whole body switch so like I said something is always preventing goku from getting rid of the threat right away so

Your comment=swing and a miss

#47 Posted by shatiquego582 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: shippuden is better now less filler and more fight I mean dude watch the Japanese version it's better the dubbed version was crap due to the shitty voice actors I mean watch this it'll restore your faith

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iqQHYK0HPTo

#48 Edited by CaseyJones (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto is fantastic.

@the_stegman said:

I've never seen or read Dragonball, so I can't say anything on that part. But

Naruto>>>>>>>>>>>Dragonball Z

I have seen Dragonball, and this is absolutely right.

#49 Posted by frozenedge (1368 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Naruto to DBZ. Dragon Ball was over by the time I was born but from the episodes I've seen, it's pretty good and every character seems to get a chance to do something and not get thrashed early on just to show how strong the enemy is. The thing is that in DBZ, if your name wasn't Goku or you weren't human, you were of no importance at all unlike in Dragon Ball just about every main good guy character did something of use instead of getting beaten like they were nothing. Sure the same thing applies to Naruto but at least characters that were important in Part I got there chance in the spotlight again. I prefer the fights in Naruto to DBZ's fight as well. There's always some type of strategy the characters have to come up with to beat the villain if they aren't strong enough where in DBZ you just needed to be able to scream loud enough and constantly say "Time to use my super secret special move that's sure to win"

#50 Posted by Cooldes (4208 posts) - - Show Bio

@shatiquego582:

...i stopped when you referenced the games as canon.