Dragon Ball ban going to far.

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nazo_Tharpedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I understand that seeing fight after fight of goku vs *insert obligatory character here* gets annoying but why outright ban them? It used to just be Anime vs comic threads, but now it is Db vs any other character thread. Why does manga not count as a comic? If you switch back the pages is it really no different then a comic in all but name

I suppose I should say what started this rant. I am a big (and I mean BIG) Dragonball fan. I always thought goku would beat everyone and *insert past fanboyisms here*. I had dropped out of that stage for a few years until I heard about TFS's Dbz abridged. I started watching about the time they had been kicked off YouTube (the first time). Low and behold they came out with another series Hellsing Ultimate Abridged. Just yesterday I decided to post a joke thread of TFS's variations of Mr. Popo and their variation of Alucard and in less than a 10 minutes the thread was locked. Now isn't that taking it a bit far? I would understand if it was another Goku vs Superman thread (Still going for goku, bite me), but this is a joke thread there was no reason to block it. If someone can tell me why these restrictions on one of the most popular comic/manga characters continues to be pushed increasingly hard please tell me.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#therevolution

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nazo_tharpedo: Most DB fights end with flame war, and a big part of it is because of the ridiculous power scaling. And you can't really have DBZ without power scaling so its banned altogether.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give people a second chance

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A joke thread? There is a reason your thread was banned no bias towards DBZ no matter what you may believe is unfair it's the rules.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ssejllenrad

@jayc1324 said:

Second chance was lifting the Comic vs Anime ban back when Anime Vice died. If they ever lift the DB ban, it will be the third chance. I wish there's a third chance. I'd want to see a third strike and we abolish all DB permanently.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not right. They were only supposed to ban it from the Battles forum. It seems they just have a bias against DB.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I make a thread about Pain Vs Chi Chi how many people would take it seriously without it becoming a flame war it would go down exactly like this 2 or 3 comments in someone would say bring in Goku or Gohan and then shed have a chance then someone would say Pain would just take their souls etc. Then endless bickering even when most of the characters that are on the battle forums dont match up at all and can all be started by a joke thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mods don't usually comment on stuff like this ever, and this will probably be locked too.

Nazo_Tharpedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joke thread as the thread was made as a joke and obviously was a joke due to the way it was written. And about power scaling, aren't there official power levels for character later on? I know power levels seem really inconsistent (biggest problem with the entire series) but I feel there could be a way to mathematically calculate the mathematical outcome of power levels with and you could start with a very basic power level and move towards bigger ones using the power level of an average human (The farmer in episode 1 had a power level of 5) and then finding the average potential for a power level (Let's say he can bench 250 pounds that means 1 power level is equivalent to 50 pounds) The only problem would be measuring what Kind would add to strength and speed and ect.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ah, the newbies don't know much /smh

Kazuma_Bushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kazuma_Bushi

I think DBZ should be allowed in Anime VS Anime threads. But at the same time DBZ for some reason is so polarizing. Either it's extreme fanboyism...or it's extreme bias. There are rarely any fair minded discussions about it.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The story quality of Dragonball Z anime is rather poor and weak despite its popularity. Think of it as Pokemon anime, overrated and so on.

However, although Superman is way more popular as a quality protagonist of the story, going by unbiased rules set for fictional VS battles, most versions of Superman would lose to most versions of Goku. Goku's potential destructive capability and use of Ki, along with feats makes him one of the most powerful protagonists. Do not try to hide behind your smokescreen bias and pretend that power scaling does not occur in VS battles rules for comic book characters.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: it was in the battle forums when i flagged it.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of lives have been lost in these flame wars.....

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kyrees

@nazo_tharpedo: i flagged that joke thread of yours because you put it in the battle forums and in the battle forums, dragonball vs other characters are banned regardless whether they are joke or not. they are banned in that area because of their tendency to attract flaming on both sides, it has been given a chance before to be allowed in that area but flaming still continued so it's banned indefinitely in the battle forums.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Surprised this hasn't been locked yet...

But seriously, if you guys want to have a huge DBZ battle then do it in the PM's. It's private, doesn't interrupt the community forums, no one gets banned and the mods don't have to watch over it.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think DBZ should be allowed in Anime VS Anime threads. But at the same time DBZ for some reason is so polarizing. Either it's extreme fanboyism...or it's extreme bias. There are rarely any fair minded discussions about it.

That would tick me off even more. We have enough troubles with having a Goku vs Superman every other day, I don't wanna deal with 30 threads of Goku vs [insert HST character here], all of which inevitably end up being spite matches.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol die hard dbz fans

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Not going far enough

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cuz ComicVine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I hadn't even heard of DBZ till now. What is it, like a board game or something with power level cards and stuff?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlackWind

@wenjunchew: Like I have always said, DBZ is basically fetish fuel for preteen little boys who want nothing g but action all the way and don't care about story, plot, or character development.

Avatar image for stealth_warrior
Stealth_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Stealth_Warrior

DBZ SUCKS.MARVEL RULES.!MARVEL RULES!

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Blade_R

@blackwind said:

@wenjunchew: Like I have always said, DBZ is basically fetish fuel for preteen little boyswho want nothing g but action all the way and don't care about story, plot, or character development.

Not really, im in my twenties and still love dragon ball. Not all dbz fans are young, immature, easily impressed morons like you may think. Some of us are actually quite mature and reasonable when it comes to debating Dragon ball. I understand there are many fans of the series that make up some ridiculous claims, but its not fair to put all of us in a box.

Avatar image for theamazingbatman
theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nazo_tharpedo:

LOL , I used to think that DB can beat anyone but when I came to comicvine , I realized that I was HUGELY mistaken , There are some characters TRILLIONS of times more powerful than Goku but I do agree that Goku should beat supes.

Avatar image for theamazingbatman
theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By theamazingbatman

@i_like_swords said:

I hadn't even heard of DBZ till now. What is it, like a board game or something with power level cards and stuff?

You serious?? You really do't know about DBz??

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nazo_tharpedo: Most DB fights end with flame war, and a big part of it is because of the ridiculous power scaling. And you can't really have DBZ without power scaling so its banned altogether.

Pretty much. There are quite a few manga where the power scaling only works within the parameters of their universe. I'd be more willing to see Akira or Mai, the Psychic Girl, vs. Marvel/DC heroes, because the power scales in those universes doesn't get too ridiculous due to the realistic nature of their universes' depiction.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AllStarSuperman

trolling? Its like the worlds biggest anime and manga.

Redskull490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dbz is overpowered. Most comicbook characters will be dead. Different universe, different rules.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NB4 D lock!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@saren said:

Not going far enough

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BlackWind

@blade_r: I said DBZ.

I'm in my 20s and I'll watch Dragon Ball all day err day right now and have a good ass time.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@jayc1324 said:

It's more like the 8th chance at this point.

Avatar image for annoyedimmortalspirit
AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the comicvine community is a bunch of morons, i'm really disappointed, i like both comics and mangas, and anime and games etc... and that's why i signed here, but i think it's time to reconsider

1. they don't believe a word you say unless you have more than 999999 posts

2. they are terribly uninformed about dbz

3. they hate it? god knows why

4. they snob deliberately everything that's not a comicbook

5. they think they are allowed to label you as fanboy, immature, etc. if you have a different opinion.

trust me they don't act as normal people, they act like idiots.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By Strider1992

@awesam said:

That's not right. They were only supposed to ban it from the Battles forum. It seems they just have a bias against DB.

I'm not saying that people aren't Bias against DBZ but I remember going into the General Discussion not to long ago and seeing a LOT of posts relating to DBZ with no real tie to comics. We have animevice for a reason. Not only will people answer those questions there but also be far more happy to do so. I Just find it odd that a Comic forum would be filled with DBZ threads when we have an Anime site created specifically for that purpose. It wouldn't even cross my mind to go to Animevice and post threads about comics as it just seems silly. They should have at least been moved to Off-Topic.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#41 frozen  Moderator

@erik said:

@jayc1324 said:

I agree the threads shouldn't come back; but DBZ is pretty awesome IMHO.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I think the comicvine community is a bunch of morons, i'm really disappointed, i like both comics and mangas, and anime and games etc... and that's why i signed here, but i think it's time to reconsider

5. they think they are allowed to label you as fanboy, immature, etc. if you have a different opinion.

If you want to post here, refrain from insulting other users. Or don't post.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

If DBZ fans would quit starting flame wars it wouldn't be an issue

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@frozen said:

@erik said:

@jayc1324 said:

I have read every single manga and watched every anime and movie (only the first 15 episodes of GT). That should give some indication of how I feel about the franchise.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#45 frozen  Moderator

@erik said:

@frozen said:

@erik said:

@jayc1324 said:

I have read every single manga and watched every anime and movie (only the first 15 episodes of GT). That should give some indication of how I feel about the franchise.

I find the show incredibly addictive, and the original DB series (which is different but still great in it's own right) --- GT though, I never liked, I pretend that never happened.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

I'm not saying that people aren't Bias against DBZ but I remember going into the General Discussion not to long ago and seeing a LOT of posts relating to DBZ with no real tie to comics. We have animevice for a reason. Not only will people answer those questions there but also be far more happy to do so. I Just find it odd that a Comic forum would be filled with DBZ threads when we have an Anime site created specifically for that purpose. It wouldn't even cross my mind to go to Animevice and post threads about comics as it just seems silly. They should have at least been moved to Off-Topic.

Dragon Ball's a manga. Mangas are comics.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Blade_R

@blade_r: I said DBZ.

I'm in my 20s and I'll watch Dragon Ball all day err day right now and have a good ass time.

I know you said dbz lol dragonball can be referring to db or dbz

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What you've said is incorrect. When I came here I jumped directly into debates on the Battle Forums and even with a post count below 10 the people here still respected my views and treated me as a knowledgeable and well thought out debater. It's not your post count that's getting you disrespect, it's the words you're using.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my experience, its for two reasons.

1)DBZ characters can't compete without rediculous amounts of power scaling, most of which comes from non cannon sources and can not be applied to non DBZ characters. It defies logic, and it makes for poor debates.

2) Most DBZ fanboys on the vine make batman and even flash (and god knows how flash fanboys get) look like cultured gentleman. Most threads end in massive flame wars which basically kill any respectablility for the show.