Does Wonder Woman need a power reduction?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

read through a thread about superman needing one. got curious as to whaat you guys think

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Not sure her power set has been really well-defined in the New 52. (I have not read the most recent issue however), but based on what I know up to this point I'd say "no"..She seems (to me) to be less powerful than than the pre-52 version (but I don't 100% know that.)

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

Nope.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

she needs an amp, not a reduction

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes she does. Why is she VASTLY more powerful and faster then Kara who has been orbiting the sun for 19 years. She overpowers her, not outfights her, but outright overpowers her. Is faster then her, etc. She is not a Kryptonian so unless they make her obviously superior to SUPERMAN then she needs to Nerfed her powers down to below the Kryptonians but show her SKILL is what makes her their better.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes she does. Why is she VASTLY more powerful and faster then Kara who has been orbiting the sun for 19 years. She overpowers her, not outfights her, but outright overpowers her. Is faster then her, etc. She is not a Kryptonian so unless they make her obviously superior to SUPERMAN then she needs to Nerfed her powers down to below the Kryptonians but show her SKILL is what makes her their better.

No Caption Provided

Just read what Diana says.

Also, WW beating kryptonians is nothing new.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7  Edited By RedQueen

Kara's feats have been quite inconsistent in the new 52, she's supposedly stronger than Superman (though this was stated in her book, and not his) yet this hasn't really been explored - at all.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By waezi2

Look NO SUPERHEROES need a power reduction... well maybe silver age superman needed one, but that was because he started to get powers that didnt make sense, but still, what superheroes need is good righters. Thats all.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bruxae

Well, ive read her entire run in the new 52 and so far she doesnt really have any feats to fully judge her power on.

However in Justice League she seems a bit strong, she actually comes of as more powerful then Superman and while I like it personally maybe she should be a tad weaker then there.. But again its hard to judge since she has no 100% clear feats, so for now id say shes great the way she is.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snascimento: true and I do not mind if its skill. Except in the scene before the one you posted Kara is in shock of WW's speed saying something like "She's too fast"

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perpetr8rmike: And? WW's battle speed is arguably bigger than Superman's. It wasn't a race, it was a fight.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Nope.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway, answering the question.

No. And the reason why is simple. There is no WW moment whatsoever that you can pick and say: "Damn, that was crazy. Wonder Woman shouldn't be able to do that".

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolfrazer

I think she needs an actual weakness really, the whole piercing thing is rather stupid with her reaction time and skill it seems nigh impossible unless its some fluke or PIS or w/e. Or can in the New 52, she can get beat to a bloody pulp and die? That would be ok, just the piercing thing was kinda stupid for me.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snascimento: That is her reflex speed. She outright blitzed her, moving to fast for Kara (Who in new 53 had been orbiting the sun for 19 solid years absorbing sunlight at higher doses then Superman) to really react to her.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By waezi2

@sog7dc: Look, Im Danish, and its not weary polite to correct people.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SOG7dc

@waezi2:

didnt mean to offend. I just assumed youd rather know the word you wanted to use than not

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@perpetr8rmike: To be fair isn't New 52 WW the daughter of a god king? That should carry some weight in how powerful she can be. Hercules was the child of Zeus and a human and grew up to be more powerful than several gods so considering that Diana is the child of a god and an Amazon then it stands to reason that she'd be pretty powerful.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I'm sorry. I kinda had a long day, and I was just irritable.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Perpetr8rMike

@joshmightbe: She is, but she was stronger even before the new 52.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perpetr8rmike: So your whole argument is that she should be depowered because she can beat up a character you like?

Franchise1590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Franchise1590

WW is the daughter of Zeus, a god king, and Hippoliya, a amazon waarrior immortal queen.

She should be stronger than pre-52 AND superman imo.

If anything she needs an intelligence buff in the Justice League book. Azzerelo write her correct imo.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Either make her lightyears ahead of superman in every way or nerf her to make her fit in her slot. Female Kryptonians should be faster and stronger then her.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perpetr8rmike: Or you could keep her as about equal to Supergirl, half god has to rate at least as high as kryptonian.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: So your saying She should be on par with Superman if he went and lived very close to the sun for 19 YEARS.?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wolfrazer

@joshmightbe: Tell that to Hercules who is full, yet somehow isn't as strong. Why DC....why. But then again she is a DC char, so she is looked after and cuddled closely so wouldn't be surprising.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30