#1 Posted by Maximizer (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi,

I've had a hard time figuring this out and I need help with it... OK, so at the end of Iron Man 3, Tony had the shrapnel removed from his heart - what about the massive hole that was dug into his chest in the first Iron Man movie? Tony put countless arc-reactors in there over the course of the trilogy which makes it hard for me to imagine that the doctors were also able to simultaneously fix the giant hole. This makes me wonder if Tony still has an arc-reactor in his chest even after the shrapnel was removed at the end of Iron Man 3.

So did Tony get his chest miraculously stitched up or does he still have an arc-reactor in his chest?

#2 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (3596 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he still needs the arc reactor, he just surgically removed the shrapnel. That way he's iron man by choice and not having the fear of death as the incentive. There won't be anymore solo ironman movies so it's possible they did away with it..

#3 Edited by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by Maximizer (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01 said:

I think he still needs the arc reactor, he just surgically removed the shrapnel. That way he's iron man by choice and not having the fear of death as the incentive. There won't be anymore solo ironman movies so it's possible they did away with it..

In the comics does he still have the shrapnel in his chest (actually, did he ever have a shrapnel in his chest? Sorry, not fond of Iron Man in the comics...)?

#5 Edited by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

In the comics does he still have the shrapnel in his chest?

LOL u made me confused again ty gee

#6 Edited by Maximizer (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@maximizer said:

How exactly?

#7 Edited by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashdamn said:

@maximizer said:

How exactly?

see when i thought of your question of i thought of the movie again which made me think if he that if he takes of the reactor can he live without it and walk around with an empty hole in the chest? and then you made me think of the question of the thread but in comics

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

#8 Posted by Fallschirmjager (16328 posts) - - Show Bio

My question is: How does Pepper sleep at night with a light show going on right next to her?

#9 Posted by Dabee (2383 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3596 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: AT LAST I GET IT THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU

haha I'm not sure it's just my personal theory. In the Avengers, Tony explains that he's got that peace of shrapnel getting trying to kill him and his arc reactor is the only thing saving him. Because of it, he is Iron man. I think the purpose of the shrapnel is removed once he accepts that he can be a hero without the incentive of death. It's meant to be a symbol to Ironman, he's finally accepted his role as Iron man.

In the comics does he still have the shrapnel in his chest (actually, did he ever have a shrapnel in his chest? Sorry, not fond of Iron Man in the comics...)?

Originally he did have the shrapnel, I'm unsure about currently but I doubt it. He became practically a cyborg/android-esque for a bit there. Now I have no clue, but again, doubtful.

#11 Posted by Maximizer (104 posts) - - Show Bio

My question is: How does Pepper sleep at night with a light show going on right next to her?

My question is: How does Pepper sleep with a light glowing ON TOP/ BELOW/ AGAINST her... ;)

#12 Posted by Fallschirmjager (16328 posts) - - Show Bio

@maximizer said:

@fallschirmjager said:

My question is: How does Pepper sleep with a light glowing ON TOP/ BELOW/ AGAINST her... ;)

If she's on top or below I don't think any sleeping is going on in the first place :D

#13 Posted by Maximizer (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@maximizer said:

@fallschirmjager said:

If she's on top or below I don't think any sleeping is going on in the first place :D

Well--then--how does she-- do it!!!??

#14 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3596 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

DIRTY TALK

#16 Posted by Tyrus (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashdamn said:

@maximizer said:

@fallschirmjager said:

DIRTY TALK

WHY YOU SPEAK IN CAPS

Any way to answer your question, @maximizer:, I'm pretty sure Tony's chest wouldn't have fully recovered from his capture in Iron Man 1 (I re-watched the scene where Tony wakes up at the beginning of the film and his chest was, ew :P). I think it would be cool if Tony replaced his arc-reactor with something like the device on his chest in the Ultimates universe.

#17 Edited by ImpurestCheese (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep it's called a Belly Button. Okay maybe it's lower thorax rather then chest but still it's a hole

#18 Posted by Tyrus (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@impurestcheese said:

Yep it's called a Belly Button. Okay maybe it's lower thorax rather then chest but still it's a hole

#19 Edited by ImpurestCheese (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrus: Why so serious I haven't even shown you the magic trick I've been working on.

#20 Posted by Dabee (2383 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: Thanks for digging up the links, I really do appreciate it. I guess I just always figure that there will always be another Iron Man movie because they make so much at box office. Maybe not an Iron Man 4, but I really think a reboot or something is inevitable. They make too much money to pass up. I hope so, at least. =/

#21 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5501 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee: I don't think they will make another one until people get over Roberts portrayal. If they reboot too soon No one will watch it without RDJ. If anything they would just make Iron Patriot with Don.

Similar to waiting a few years to put Joker in a film after Jack Nick.

#22 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

@maximizer: Tony had a dimmer switch installed lol

#23 Posted by Dabee (2383 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardiandevil83: Yeah, I guess that's a good point. RDJ really is perfect for Iron Man.

#24 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Tony also throw his old reactor into the ocean. I'm not sure what that scene implied? Anyone?

#25 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3596 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee: no problem. I mean they are coming out with Antman, more Thor, Fantastic Four reboot, the Spiderman is rebooted, then there's Xmen, Doctor Strange, Hulk, etc