#1 Posted by magnuskhan (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always been confused by this question. They always talk about peace and how the world fears and hates them, but if you look at any comic it's probably because they always leave a high body count. Why do they always call people like wolverine if his powers are guaranteed to kill people? The worst part is they hardly talk about it or feel bad about murdering 100 people just to rescue one person! Can someone please explain their morality code to me?

#2 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Men cast is huge and the morality of the various members has swung around hugely depending on the time of the comic.

But for the record Wolverine doesn't have to kill, he can fight without the claws after all.

#3 Edited by Outside_85 (9511 posts) - - Show Bio

The change of heart came about with M-Day, with only approximately 200 mutants left, Scott (in particular) turned more towards the Magneto way of doing things by putting mutants and their safety above the Xavier morals. So if you were considered enough of a threat, you could expect a visit from the X-Force.

#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29509 posts) - - Show Bio

Their mascot is Wolverine.

#5 Posted by CrouchingTiger (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the Xmen aren't usually the ones that leave the high body count, it's their evil mutant counterparts (most of the time). However, most of the Xmen don't have a strict code against killing, unlike spiderman. Honestly, in their comics they talk about being "hated for being different" a lot. People try to compare Xmen comics to events like the civil rights movement. I'm not a fan of this, because most minorities can't blast holes through mountains with laser eyes.

#6 Edited by Dabee (2399 posts) - - Show Bio

Normally, I don't think it's something they stand for. It's not in their manifesto. The X-Force, however, are basically a special team that CAN and DOES kill.

#7 Edited by New_World_Order (13280 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine certainly does.

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33885 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: Cyclops was killing during Morrison's run