• 81 results
Murder_2120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Murder_2120

Maybe it's too soon now, but I'd say that DC has the best shot of getting their characters all in one movie. Other than Batman and Superman, all of their characters are under the DC license. Sups and Bat are both under WB. If they could sit up the Man of Steel to just introduce the idea that he is not enough to defend the planet, that's all it takes. Just a line would send fanboys and entertainment media through the roof with the possibilities. Batman does not need a movie to work him in, I dont feel that the Flash or Wonder Woman would do good in their on movie (Quick, name an awesome WW villain that would not look cheesy on the big screen?).

I would recommend that the movie just brings the heroes together but not under the JLA title until the end. The world is in the fight of it's life against an invasion of enemy robots. Heroes all over the world are holding their own, then darksied pops up (?). Cities are falling and the heroes realize they cannot win this war without leaving the world in ruins, so they head off to apocalypse. There, they do there stuff, win and return home to celebration. They decide that they will form a earth defense force in case this ever happens again. Pan out to above the earth, Brainiac. He's the one who started the initial invasion to lure Darksied to Earth. This was some masterful plan of his to defeat DS, distract the heroes of earth while he builds something and leaves a power vacuum for Brainiac to fill. The sequel will deal with Brainiac, obviously.

And it should be in the dark style of the DC universe's cinematic.

How would you want to see the JLA's on the big screen?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

I'd rather see a World's Finest film before a JLA.

Not because I'm "anti-JLA movie," but because WB obviously isn't ready for it yet. Start off smaller, then build towards something big.

When WB can make a Green Lantern film or a Flash film that doesn't suck, they'll be ready for JLA. Until then, keep pumping out the Batman movies, I guess. Those are the only ones they seem to understand so far. Fingers crossed for Man of Steel.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ARMIV2

I think the League could work in theaters if DC and Warner Bros. stopped coddling Batman all the time.

As for how I'd like to see a JLA movie, I'd like to see one that'd stick to each character's core and, while adapting a few certain things here and there, not skip out on anything the character is just because it may not completely get picked up by the audience who has never picked up a comic book.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By the_tree

@Gambit1024 said:

Not because I'm "anti-JLA movie," but because WB obviously isn't ready for it yet. Start off smaller, then build towards something big.

When WB can make a Green Lantern film or a Flash film that doesn't suck, they'll be ready for JLA. Until then, keep pumping out the Batman movies, I guess. Those are the only ones they seem to understand so far. Fingers crossed for Man of Steel.

Exactly. WB really needs to get their act together before they can consider a JLA movie, especially after the colossal disappointment that was Green Lantern.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gambit1024

@The_Tree: Honestly, how did they manage butcher GL that badly? You can't cram in all that information, have two villains, and two completely different worlds all in one movie like that. All they should've done was keep Hal on Oa, expand more on the GLC and Hal's training, and then focus on Paralax for the third act. Sinestro barely played a role, Atrocitus was nowhere to be seen, and Hector Hammond was awful. And don't even get me started on what was wrong outside the plot.

Then, WB/DC had the cohones to say "Yeah, well, Batman Begins wasn't as good as The Dark Knight, so don't worry about the sequel, guys." Yeah, only flaws in that logic are a) Batman Begins was an entirely different movie than TDK, and b) it was a great standalone film with a talented staff.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By the_tree

@Gambit1024: Completely agreed on all points. Honestly, I think it was a mistake to even make Parallax the villain. I think they should've just followed the plot of Green Lantern: First Flight, I thought that it placed great emphasis on the space cop part of Hal. It also stayed away from Earth and introduced Sinestro as a villain perfectly. I don't think they knew what to do with themselves, so they just threw everything into it. And if they really wanted to get the ball rolling on a DC cinematic universe, they should've kept the Clark Kent cameo in the script, and maybe used mention of Wayne Enterprises on a television screen, it's that easy.

But now after the failure of Green Lantern, I think WB is afraid to give lesser known characters a shot. Which is a shame, because it's their own fault the movie sucked.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

@The_Tree: I would've made it so the main character was either John or Kyle and Hal was showing them the ropes. Then, introduce Paralax and have it possess Hal so he can do his thing. Sinestro could play a huge role in how Paralax got out of his cage, and would further be established in the sequel in the Sinestro Corps War kind of story. Then after credits, introduce Hal as the Spectre. Spectre could then be the guy who oversees all the other metahumans (Superman, Flash, etc.) and that could be your anchor for a future JLA film. The Clark Kent and Amanda Waller cameos in the original script would've been excellent.

To think that Joss Whedon almost had his hands on a Wonder Woman movie. Imagine how much different things could've been.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By BatteredArmor

JSA would work better imo

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By kidchipotle

They're planning a JLA movie. That's why they're making MoS, rebooting Batman in 2015, and rushing to find creators for WW and Flash.

I'm excited for it whenever it may come.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gambit1024

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

They're planning a JLA movie. That's why they're making MoS, rebooting Batman in 2015, and rushing to find creators for WW and Flash.

You really think Man of Steel's gonna start it off?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the_tree

@Gambit1024: I think that idea for the movies would be pretty great. Man, a Wonder Woman movie from Joss wouldve been awesome! After the success of The Avengers, I bet WB is pretty pissed at themselves for not letting it happen. (I know Avengers' success isn't just because of Joss, but he had a huge part in making the movie what it was.)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kidchipotle

@Gambit1024 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

To be honest, I'm not sure. I've read on line it may, but those were just rumors. I don't see why they'd make a MoS trilogy (we know its going to happen) and then reboot Superman again just to create the JLA movie and delay it by years. By then, people will be so sick of Superhero movies so they might as well rush the job now.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gambit1024

@The_Tree: What? Dude. If it weren't for Whedon, Avengers could've/would've been a disaster. He and Brad Bird are the only ones I can see ever pulling off a team movie like this, lol.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Lvenger

@Gambit1024 said:

Seconded. That could be the launching pad for the Justice League film in the future.

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Didn't Zack Snyder say that MoS would be in its own self contained universe and that the planned Justice League film would exist its own universe as well?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kidchipotle

@Lvenger said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Didn't Zack Snyder say that MoS would be in its own self contained universe and that the planned Justice League film would exist its own universe as well?

I honestly have no idea. I don't follow MoS nearly as much as I follow TDK. So I'm gonna go with you.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gambit1024

Man of Steel and JLA happening in different universes? ....I don't know if that's a good idea.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lvenger
the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the_tree

@Gambit1024: lol Yeah, he completely killed it in The Avengers. That's another thing that will give DC troubles in making a JLA movie, they'd need a really strong script and director, and I don't see them getting Joss Whedon. Hopefully he'll be working on an Avengers 2 by the time WB considers developing a JLA movie!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#19  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Green Lantern was nowhere near as bas as people make out, it was on par with Thor but with it not having anything to tie in to like Avengers it wasn't as popular and people remembering it throw crap tinted glasseys thing it's worse than what it actually was

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lvenger

@spiderbat87: I have to disagree with you on that front. Thor was so much better than Green Lantern as a film in its own right. It was better written, better acted, had better humour and a much better understanding of the supporting characters. Tom Hiddleston played Loki magnificently. You couldn't have asked for a better villain. And Green Lantern jumps all over the place as well as speeding things up like Hal's training far too quickly. Thor was much better paced than GL. Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively were out of their comfort zone. I agree Green Lantern wasn't as bad as people think. There are worse superhero films like Daredevil, Elektra and Batman and Robin along with others. However IMO it's not nearly as good as Thor was.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Gambit1024 said:

The only characters that DC have built up on the big screen are Superman & Batman

Compared to Iron-Man's 2 Movies, Captain America, The Hulk, & Thor, and even Black Widow who was in Iron-Man 2.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gambit1024

It's not that Green Lantern is a bad film in general (there've been worse films, but Thor isn't near it in that regard), but it's that it's a bad Green Lantern film. Half the reason I despise it was because it was extremely disappointing. You tell me there's a GL movie, and I expect lots of Oa, Sinestro, and epic constructs. We barely got any of those things. The other half is because I didn't care about any of the characters at all. Why should I be invested in a film if I can't stand the main character, the love interest, or the lame excuse for a villain that was Hammond? At least Thor had talented actors who owned their roles of Thor and Loki (who, in my opinion, was the best Marvel villain interpreted onscreen even before the Avengers). My only complaint about Thor is that, like Iron Man 2, it felt like a big commercial to the Avengers. Even then, it was a much better film than GL was.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gambit1024

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Gambit1024 said:

The only characters that DC have built up on the big screen are Superman & Batman

Compared to Iron-Man's 2 Movies, Captain America, The Hulk, & Thor, and even Black Widow who was in Iron-Man 2.

I know that. That's why I'm saying that if WB can do a Flash and/or GL film (both characters who aren't Batman or Superman), then they'll be ready for a JLA. Since that doesn't look likely, I say continue Superman and Batman films that build towards a World's Finest: a task that is much more plausible.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Deranged Midget

@The_Tree said:

@Gambit1024: lol Yeah, he completely killed it in The Avengers. That's another thing that will give DC troubles in making a JLA movie, they'd need a really strong script and director, and I don't see them getting Joss Whedon. Hopefully he'll be working on an Avengers 2 by the time WB considers developing a JLA movie!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Joss is locked in with Marvel if he hasn't been already after the brilliance he pulled off with Avengers.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I would detest a Worlds Finest film 

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Funrush

@Lvenger said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee: @Gambit1024: Here's a video of him at the premiere of Sucker Punch that confirms it unfortunately. Skip to 1:08 for his Justice League comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uEgIONT2vo

Bleh, he says Dark Knight doesn't fit either. That sucks.

By the way, I've heard that Flash's script has been written, GL2 is in the speculation stage still, and I bet the WW show was supposed to be her entrance into the JL movie, but it was cancelled. I'm really looking forward to seeing an eventual Aquaman movie, but it'll probably get skewered by all of those people who think Aquaman sucks and that his only power is talking to fish. Sigh, I hate Superfriends.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Gambit1024 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I know that. That's why I'm saying that if WB can do a Flash and/or GL film (both characters who aren't Batman or Superman), then they'll be ready for a JLA. Since that doesn't look likely, I say continue Superman and Batman films that build towards a World's Finest: a task that is much more plausible.

World's Finest?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BatteredArmor

@spiderbat87 said:

On what grounds?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@BlackArmor said:

@spiderbat87 said:

On what grounds?

On the grounds that I dislike Batman and Superman as a duo or that I'v seen enough Batman focused films to last me a life time 
krilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By krilling

@BlackArmor said:

JSA would work better imo

I would say this, too. I think people who aren't familiar with the JL. So they could be confused when they see Bats and Superman in a team. The JSA roster is less known and none of them was on the big screen yet. I'd love a flick of them,

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lvenger

@Funrush: I've heard rumours of a Captain Marvel/Shazam movie by DC as well. Nothing to confirm that for sure though. And the latest Batman trilogy's gritty realism means that Nolan's interpretation of Batman would not fit at all into a Justice League movie that has in its roster two aliens, an Amazon princess, a man who can run at lightspeed or faster and a guy with a ring that can create almost anything.

@Jnr6Lil: And don't forget the Spider-Man trilogy and subsequent reboot to be coming soon, 4 X-Men films, two Fantastic Four Films as well as a Daredevil film and an Elektra film. Even if all those I've just mentioned are self contained that's way more characters on the big screen than DC.

Murder_2120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Murder_2120

I agree with Lvenger about GL. Although I dont think GL was horrid, it seemed like a generic superhero flick. I never liked Hal, I never understood why he was so special and I found it difficult to believe Hal could defeat Parallex by himself before he even completed his training. Batman Begins did an excellent job of going through Bruce's trials before he even got the mantle. Thor showed us his childhood, explained how their realms worked and even made us empathize with the villain. GL just showed us a selfish guy trying to impress a girl before somehow deciding to defeat a bad guy that is threatening to wipe out his entire corps. And he did it with what seems like a pretty obvious ploy.

Everyone seems excited for a WW movie though. I cant see her being anymore successful than Daredevil, Electra or GL. She's an icon, true, but how do you make an entire movie about her? What villain is strong enough to hold their own screen time with her? It seems like we'll just get another generic tale of outsider is thrown into a strange new world and must overcome her new lifestyle while defeating badguys.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Murder_2120: It could definately happen, the only thing about that is originality, the Avengers/marvel already covered that one. Dc should try to do something more original,like perhaps putting like three characters in one movie and three or four in another movie, and messhing them together in some elaborate way,

Murder_2120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Murder_2120

Make two different movies that are released at the same time and each movie covers one side of the events? Brilliant. I would pay to see two Avenger movies in the same night.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By PikminMania

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Exactly. The Batman movies are much to focused on their own world, they have never even mentioned the existence of other heroes.

I think a Teen Titans or JSA movie should happen instead.

Also for Martian Manhunter, I think he deserves his own movie but with a different backstory:

He is found on Mars and captured and the Government does a bunch of tests on him but he escapes. Now he has amnesia but is a very good detective who is trying to stop a ruthless killer alien who really ended up being a white martian that escaped from the Government's control. The martian tells him that MM is an alien as well and that they should destroy Earth but obviously Martian Manhunter decides to use his newfound powers to destroy the white martian. He loses the battle but remembers his fear of fire and puts it to the test by using a bomb to explode the two of them after an epic fight. Then everyone thinks he's dead but after the credits someone could find him, maybe Green Lantern and he says that he'll help him use his powers if he helps him with a certain team.

Also for Wonder Woman get Ares as the villain. Flash should fight Grodd for his first movie and Aquaman should battle Black Manta.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By Primmaster64

World's Finest first.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gambit1024

@Jnr6Lil: World's Finest = Superman/Batman

@PikminMania: I would love a Martian Manhunter film. As for a Flash film, I'd rather see Mirror Master.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By krspaceT

@Gambit1024 said:

@PikminMania: I would love a Martian Manhunter film. As for a Flash film, I'd rather see Mirror Master.

@Murder_2120 said:

I agree with Lvenger about GL. Although I dont think GL was horrid, it seemed like a generic superhero flick. I never liked Hal, I never understood why he was so special and I found it difficult to believe Hal could defeat Parallex by himself before he even completed his training. Batman Begins did an excellent job of going through Bruce's trials before he even got the mantle. Thor showed us his childhood, explained how their realms worked and even made us empathize with the villain. GL just showed us a selfish guy trying to impress a girl before somehow deciding to defeat a bad guy that is threatening to wipe out his entire corps. And he did it with what seems like a pretty obvious ploy.

Everyone seems excited for a WW movie though. I cant see her being anymore successful than Daredevil, Electra or GL. She's an icon, true, but how do you make an entire movie about her? What villain is strong enough to hold their own screen time with her? It seems like we'll just get another generic tale of outsider is thrown into a strange new world and must overcome her new lifestyle while defeating badguys.

The Manhunter might be tough. I love the guy, and personally think he's better than Superman, but he doesn't have the publicity that even Thor has. He'd have the obscurity of Daredevil. The Flash and Wonder Woman perhaps could work....if you had the right villain.

If the X men movies could make Toad of all villains seem good, than imagine what a movie could do to Doctor Psycho or something.

But the problem is, while Batman and Superman have the fame to support themselves, Flash and any GL reboot will have trouble because of their lack of pop culture, Wonder Woman's rogue gallery is even less spectacular than Superman's, no one would take an Aquaman Movie seriously, the Manhunter lacks both pop culture and the villain, and Cyborg.....well he's too recently retconned to work.

A Static movie might do better than some of them.....

Though a Teen Titans movie could work, someone like Deathstroke, Trigon or even Dr. Light would be a good bad guy.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Gambit1024:  

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

I actually heard something similar, that Man of Steel would be the start of the JLA films, as well as the Batman reboot..not sure if it's true, but if so, I'd be stoked.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gambit1024

@krspaceT: Well, Idk about leading into a JLA movie with it, but someone on this site had an excellent idea for a MM period piece. It's set in the 50's as a noir detective film. Stars John Jones, a new detective who's really good at his job. Really good. Like he reads minds good. Except he doesn't like fire. At all. At the very end, you find out John's a Martian. It's like the Sixth Sense meets LA Noir, lol.

@The Stegman: I'd be stoked too, but Snyder himself already debunked it :/

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By Deranged Midget

Not a chance. Considering every director behind the most current DC films refuses to interfuse the universes, how could you possibly replicate the success of what Marvel has done? Considering the Nolan Bat films are the only DC superhero films that have been successful so far, I doubt we'll be seeing anything close to the JLA anytime soon.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#42  Edited By GothamRed

I'm going to be honest here, this is likely not going to happen, I mean it'd be cool to see but I wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't happen. DC never really got a firm grasp on movie making in the wide range in the new millennium. After they had success with batman they just pool all of their resources into him, and their other heroes suffer, see Green Lantern for examples. Those movies are good but they're by no means ever going to lead to the JLA hitting the big screen. There are two big reason for this, one is Directoral control, in that DC gives their directors free reign to do whatever the want with the license they've acquired, which in itself isn't a bad thing but unless the director goes in knowing that the film is going to lead to something outside of the character they're focusing on, and are supervised to keep it that way, the movies just going to stay isolated in this one world the the director has created, like the Nolan-verse. The second is that DC doesn't have as much control over their films as marvel does, Marvel owns its own studio to produce their movie-verse, but DC makes their films (and other media) through Time Warner, so unless they get Time Warner, and a series of unrelated directors on board, their never going to get any closer to it. Aside from that there's there's also the issue of adapting the characters to live action, or just film in general. It's doable, yes, but you also have to remember that DC couldn't even produce a TV pilot for Aquaman or Wonder Woman that they were happy enough with to put on TV, so a film with those two might be tricky. Not only that but...well...more people know DC heroes and have a general, if often inaccurate, idea of how these characters work. In the common consciousness you have a good number of people who think things like "Aquaman sucks", "What can the Flash do, rrun away from Evil really fast?", or "Psst, Wonder Woman, yeah right. What is she going to do tie me up with her magic rope. Please." These may not be true but people still think this way a lot of the time. So not only does DC have to deal with directors and other studios, but also the audience's own views on their heroes. Marvel didn't have as big an issue with this because not a lot of people know much about Iron Man or Thor or the like. And really I'm not even sure DC wants to make a JLA movie, they just seem to try to focus on one thing and try to make that one thing as good as they can and the JLA isn't that thing right now. Right now it's batman, unless you can think of any other hero who has gotten near the same media treatment as him in the last several years from DC. DC may be more motivated to do it now that Avengers did well, like they were holding back to see how the competition faired in this regard, which is probably likely, but I still don't have much hope for this movie.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gambit1024

@GothamRed: I agree. JLA probably won't happen, and I wouldn't be upset if it didn't. What do you feel about a World's Finest film?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@krspaceT said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@Murder_2120 said:

The Manhunter might be tough. I love the guy, and personally think he's better than Superman, but he doesn't have the publicity that even Thor has. He'd have the obscurity of Daredevil. The Flash and Wonder Woman perhaps could work....if you had the right villain.

If the X men movies could make Toad of all villains seem good, than imagine what a movie could do to Doctor Psycho or something.

But the problem is, while Batman and Superman have the fame to support themselves, Flash and any GL reboot will have trouble because of their lack of pop culture, Wonder Woman's rogue gallery is even less spectacular than Superman's, no one would take an Aquaman Movie seriously, the Manhunter lacks both pop culture and the villain, and Cyborg.....well he's too recently retconned to work.

A Static movie might do better than some of them.....

Though a Teen Titans movie could work, someone like Deathstroke, Trigon or even Dr. Light would be a good bad guy.

Yeah a World's Finest could work.

A Static movie I could see being a success especially if say Wale played Virgil. Static has urban appeal.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyder already directed a successful team movie. Now that doesn't necessarily mean they have to follow the success of the Watchmen, but possibly telling the origin of the Martian Manhunter in a similar manner would be the only thing needed to establish an emotional connection to the characters overall. I don't think Superman and Batman would be needed for a Justice League film, anyway.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#46  Edited By krspaceT

@sesquipedalophobe: Recall Avenger United They Stand....that's why you don't give up the A listers

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#47  Edited By GothamRed

@Gambit1024: I think it's unlikely too. I'd like to see one sure, but even with Man of Steel being closer to Dark Knight, since Nolan is producing it, putting the two together may not work out. One, Man of Steel has to do well before anything comes of it and two, it might turn away fans of the Nolan batman films because superman existing in the same world as him isn't "realistic" enough in the World Nolan forged for bats, or that he's not dark enough to be in batman's world, the main bullshit reason Nolan refused to give us a new Dick Grayson. I have a bit more hope that it will happen, but I wouldn't put down money on it.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Gambit1024

@GothamRed: Maybe I should've rephrased that. A World's Finest film that has nothing to do with either Man of Steel or Nolan's Batman. Just a standalone Batman/Superman film that references nothing from any of the previous films.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krspaceT said:

@sesquipedalophobe: Recall Avenger United They Stand....that's why you don't give up the A listers

It's a gamble, but if you made the promise of every A lister you wouldn't necessarily feel any sort of threat level given how they're depicted in the previous films. But do you know why it is I don't watch the cartoon movies? They're horrible and they're pushed out to entertain mainly children.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By _Black

I would kill for a good Martian Manhunter movie. I wouldn't mind for them to go ahead and start working on a JL movie at all, but I believe that's due to me loving comics. I highly doubt the average movie-goer would give a care if such a movie came out, even with the amazing success the Avengers has had so far. It will take a lot of planning and planting the seeds like Marvel has done. So, if it happens, it will take a long time. And to truly be successful, they're going to need great actors and (I know everyone says this, but) someone like Joss Whedon. I think he really made the movie accessible to the average person while still appealing to the devoted fans. A guy can dream, at least.