#1 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio

i only made this to prove a point and get some feed back from people.

#3 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, couldn't he just run infinitely far between one breath and another? He is shown speaking while running, so I assume he does indeed breathe, but he is protected by the speed force/his altered superhuman physiology. Though I don't even read Flash, so I really have no idea. Maybe he CAN breathe, but he doesn't have to? I'm confusing myself at this point.

#4 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" Well, couldn't he just run infinitely far between one breath and another? He is shown speaking while running, so I assume he does indeed breathe, but he is protected by the speed force/his altered superhuman physiology. Though I don't even read Flash, so I really have no idea. Maybe he CAN breathe, but he doesn't have to? I'm confusing myself at this point. "
he needs air to breath, even if he is a advance human he is still human and needs air to live, the speed force only lets him run like he does it does not alter his human body, if someone stabs him he will bleed, if he is put into a tank of water he will drown.
#5 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

So how does he talk while running?

#6 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" So how does he talk while running? "
he has talked well running.
#7 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

If he needed air he would have never gone at the speed of light

#8 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Agent said:
" If he needed air he would have never gone at the speed of light "
he still has to breath well running.
#9 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"
@Korg said:
" So how does he talk while running? "
he has talked well running. "

#10 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
"
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"
@Korg said:
" So how does he talk while running? "
he has talked well running. "

"
i don't get it he just talks and breaths well running.
#11 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"
@Chaos Agent said:
" If he needed air he would have never gone at the speed of light "
he still has to breath well running. "
In theory Superman also should need to breath while in space and it's not the case
#12 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Agent said:
"
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"
@Chaos Agent said:
" If he needed air he would have never gone at the speed of light "
he still has to breath well running. "
In theory Superman also should need to breath while in space and it's not the case "
superman is a alien and is under a yellow sun so he does not need air, flash well fast and all that he is still a human.
#13 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

but he is connected to the speed force (that seems to explain everything Flash related)

#14 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Agent said:
" but he is connected to the speed force (that seems to explain everything Flash related) "
the speed force does not give him the ability to survive without air, all it does is make him fast.
#15 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

he's a comic book character. he doesnt need to. im to tired to go into it,
but if a human were to move at say lightspeed, they would not be able to intake oxygen.
does this matter with the Flash? no. nothing does. for example, if the Flash were to accelerate
suddenly as he usually does, he would friction burn straight inot the ground (normal ones feet would give out first,
but the speed force protects him from this). real world logic doesnt apply. most characters have been shown in space with no helets
who shouldnt have been able to at some point and usually speaking to each other and able to hear one another fine.
characters like Sue Storm and Magneto can be heard clearly through there forcefields. Storm has summoned lightning storms in space. Flash can vibrate through walls (nyet!), Wolverine can completly reheal from a skeleton and a brain (which somehow wasnt boiled) with no systems to survive with and no sample tissue with which to regenrate his organs with .

so the answer is - yes, he does need to and even though it shouldnt be possible for him to breath, he does
because he is a fictional character.

#16 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

 Yeah, why wouldn't he?

I mean he is technically doing the same thing everyone else does just incredibly fast. A person needs air to condition his body.

#17 Posted by Dane (10584 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah and people in movies need to use a toilet.

#18 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O They do :D

Harold and Kumar used the toilet :P

In the movie White Chicks Marlon uses the hell out of a toilet :P

In Along Came Polly Ben Stiller uses a toilet  :D

In Dumb and Dumber Jim Carey uses a toilet :P

In Robin B hood Jackie Chan uses a toilet XD

In Johnny English, Johnny crawls up a toilet pipe :P (Yuck)

Austin Powers used the toilet to kill one of the bad guys XD

In Yes Man Jim Carey wakes up next to a toilet after a hangover XD

I love my comedy movie collection ^__^


#19 Posted by SUNMAN (7139 posts) - - Show Bio

depends on the writter

#20 Posted by MrDirector786 (43371 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically he should need air. I've also thought about this though I've never actually asked it. But I just go with, it's a comic book and there are times where comics don't exactly get their science right, while they do get it right at other times.

#21 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

The Speed Force allows Flash to draw air directly into his cells.

The Bernoulli effect would make it impossible for Flash to breathe normally at high speeds.

#22 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrMiracle77 said:
" The Speed Force allows Flash to draw air directly into his cells.The Bernoulli effect would make it impossible for Flash to breathe normally at high speeds. "
but he still needs air,if he was to run in space he would die.
#23 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed force.

#24 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"
@MrMiracle77 said:
" The Speed Force allows Flash to draw air directly into his cells.The Bernoulli effect would make it impossible for Flash to breathe normally at high speeds. "
but he still needs air,if he was to run in space he would die. "
how would he run in space?
#25 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" Speed force. "
still needs air to live
#26 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter said:
"
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"
@MrMiracle77 said:
" The Speed Force allows Flash to draw air directly into his cells.The Bernoulli effect would make it impossible for Flash to breathe normally at high speeds. "
but he still needs air,if he was to run in space he would die. "
how would he run in space? "
papi_5 said that if galactus was to destroy a planet flash would just run to another one.
#27 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen a scan where Flash vibrates through light to another planet before.

#28 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"
@Zoom said:
" Speed force. "
still needs air to live "
It grants him all kinds of abilities. In this case; not needing oxygen.
#29 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"
@MrMiracle77 said:
" The Speed Force allows Flash to draw air directly into his cells.The Bernoulli effect would make it impossible for Flash to breathe normally at high speeds. "
but he still needs air,if he was to run in space he would die. "
Correct.  Flash doesn't need to inhale or exhale inside an atmosphere while under the influence of the Speed Force.  Outside of an atmosphere, he's as vulnerable as anyone else.

A Casnian agent took advantage of this in an episode of Justice League called "Made of Honor".  Thankfully GL got him back inside before he suffocated.
#30 Posted by Icarusflies (12403 posts) - - Show Bio

His aura allows objects around him to go at the same speeds he does. That would allow air to move at the same speeds he does, allowing him to breathe.

Moderator