Does Doc Strange Still Smoke?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

I was reading Essential Doctor Strange Volume 2 last night, which begins with a reprint of Doctor Strange #169 - The Coming of.... Doctor Strange, and Doc is hangin' in the Ancient One's temple in the Himalayas when he is woken by a disquieting dream. He reaches for a pack of coffin nails and burns one, I guess to calm himself down. On the next page, in a flashback of his origin, he's burning one in the hospital after just completing neurosurgery.

Anybody know if Doctor Strange is still hangin' with the Marlboro Man? Just curious.

No Caption Provided

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

He isnt shown smoking in his solo series, at last not that i know of, though i do not know much about his appearances on other books.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pffft. Constantine wannabe.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

@jonez120 said:

Pffft. Constantine wannabe.

He was created before Constantine.

BB

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

@jonny_anonymous: Right, but obs that wasn't in place in the late 60s, early 70s, or even at the end of the 20th century when the Kingpin, Wolverine, and Nick Fury were chomping cigars, and the Red Skull used a cigarette filter as the delivery mechanism for his dust of death. It's a family-friendly Disney response, but to say "no one in our universe smokes" takes away an element of realism, making the storyworld more romanticized than identifiable. Drugs are still there, and Tony Stark is a lush again... mixed messages. Oh, well. I'm more of a Dark Horse guy these days anyway.