#1 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

DC's sales have been hurting a bit an we've seen many titles cancelled. Looking over at marvel they seem to have a more cohesive world and they have events at least once a year. Should DC follow suit in trying to make their world fit together more?

#2 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think DC need more "events." I think they've been down that route before and to be honest fans a) get fed up of having to and b) cannot afford to buy all of the tie in issues to a particular event. What DC does need is to concentrate on keeping its top creators on its iconic characters and titles. Look at what Geoff Johns has done on Green Lantern over 9 years to create a legacy for those now taking those books forward.

By the way, I though the latest Marvel event - AvX - was probably the worst they have ever produced and was nowhere near the quality of events like Secret Invasion, House of M, or Civil War.

#3 Posted by inferiorego (24261 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the fact there aren't a bunch of huge events.

DC is doing well with their smaller events, within their sub-genres of books: Throne of Atlantis, Death of the Family, Night of the Owls, Rotworld, etc

I'm pretty sure The Trinity War will be a big one though.

Staff
#4 Posted by TheSmallvillefan12 (186 posts) - - Show Bio

I think one huge event a year is more than enough for either company. And if the books are good you don't really need that.

#5 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#6 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

I think DC should do their own version of Civil War. They did that with Kingdom Come but that was in alternate universe. They should do a Project Cadmus storyline.

#7 Posted by kingsloth (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

I think DC should do their own version of Civil War. They did that with Kingdom Come but that was in alternate universe. They should do a Project Cadmus storyline.

No DC doesn't need a civil war, especially if like at marvel they act like it didn't occur and doesn't alter anything. This is a stupid thread by the way if you read new 52 you know they have a huge pandora event coming sometime in the future, and considering they have been planning it since the launch of the new 52 I am expecting epicness.

#8 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

I think DC needs more mini series.

#9 Posted by jwalser3 (4995 posts) - - Show Bio

They have mini events like iferioego said. Which, all of them are great.

#10 Posted by MrDirector786 (43550 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSmallvillefan12 said:

I think one huge event a year is more than enough for either company. And if the books are good you don't really need that.

I agree with this

#11 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

It is ok to do maybe 2-4 events every year but I prefer to limit the events to their own limited series and don't disturb the regular titles. Regular titles will be more accesible to new customers if each title is independent like in manga titles.

#12 Posted by lightsout (1827 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on whether we're talking what we want or what would be better financially. While I haven't read the data myself, I have read that apparently despite fans complaining about big events (that force the purchase of many different titles), they bring in the $$. Personally unless they're very well-written, I'd rather the events be smaller (within books or hero-family-books) than larger.

#13 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingsloth: Would love to see the Cadmus Storyline.

#14 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Trinity War should be running for a while. More Green Lantern family events are probably coming and some of these can be expanded to whole universe events. A multiverse event should be coming soon. Maybe the Oracle superman event can be used for the whole universe.

#15 Posted by kingsloth (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@kingsloth: Would love to see the Cadmus Storyline.

IF they did do a huge event I would want it to be something new not any organization we are already familiar with such as cadmus or the reach and nothing that originates from the green lantern universe.

#16 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

No, too many events start to suck. I mean look at what's happening with Marvel. If anything they need to do some mini series to address the where abouts of some fan favorites that haven't been seen since the New 52.

#17 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingsloth: Cadmus really aren't major in the comics.

Marvel's problem with events is that they rush from event to event without no real logic. Going from Civil War to Secret Invasion didn't make sense. All of DC's events flow,

#18 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. One of the things that annoys me about Marvel is their use of events.

#19 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that the greek gods have interesting personalities, maybe can use them in a big event. Events involving the new gods have not sold well in the past altho maybe worth another try. Maybe another War of the Gods that involves lots of mythology gods like norse gods, chinese gods, india gods, etc. I think it would also be fun to see all out war between the military and the super heroes. It would also be useful to have an event to relaunch the Legion/United Planets after rebooting these into the 21st century to compete with Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy. It would be fun to see JL fight the Legion of Super Villains. It is also possible to base an event on the Secret Society. The Young Justice cartoons have been able to generate lots of stories involving the Light.

#20 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5861 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, I think DC's fine with just dealing with smaller events than just putting out too many events every year.