#1 Edited by Spidermeat101 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

He seems to get a lot of hate here.I thought he was one of the most popular heroes.

#2 Edited by Dabee (2380 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Spidey--but really it seems like everything gets a lot of hate from fans on the internet, not JUST Spidey. That never means we all hate it. :-)

#3 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is this Spiderman hate? How the hell can you hate Spiderman?

CV has more Hulk hate, mostly because some people still think "He's strongest there is."

#4 Edited by joshmightbe (24720 posts) - - Show Bio

Its not real Spider-man we hate, its the Superior Spider-Man bulls**t we hate.

#5 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

Its not real Spider-man we hate, its the Superior Spider-Man bulls**t we hate.

This, I'm not even sure there is a lot of Spider Man hate.

#6 Edited by Fallen_Crippled (6438 posts) - - Show Bio

Superior Spiderman could be a reason, but I believe he is talking about the Popularity Tournament 2013. It's Spiderman vs Superman for 3rd place. This year is Superman's 75th anniversary and he has a movie coming out. You should understand why people are voting for him.

#7 Edited by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Spider-Man the new default icon?

#8 Posted by MatKrenz (1233 posts) - - Show Bio

Im indifferent to Spider-Man.

#9 Posted by akbogert (3202 posts) - - Show Bio

He seems to get a lot of hate here.I thought he was one of the most popular heroes.

I'll lend my voice to the many wondering if you're referring to anything specific.

Most of the hate I see is directed at Slott and SSM, but it's actually grounded in passion for Spider-Man.

#10 Posted by Spidermeat101 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallen_crippled: No,not that.On other matches,he was almost losing and getting hated.

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24720 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermeat101: Just because Spidey loses a fight doesn't mean we hate him. What battles are you referring to? Bare in mind that if you're complaining because he lost to someone like Superman or Galactus or someone else that dwarfs his power level by a massive margin then its probably more your issue.

#12 Posted by Spidermeat101 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: In the popularity tournament.Not sure if you did,but I saw people hating on him and noticed more.Just sayin.

#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24720 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermeat101: I didn't vote in the popularity tourney so I'm not sure how that went but losing out to the world's most famous super hero ever is no shame. Its not like he lost to squirrel girl, he lost to a character that they named the entire Super hero genre after.

#14 Posted by Spidermeat101 (260 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Bruxae (12680 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I dislike him alot, he seems to generally be loved by most people though.

#16 Edited by The Poet (8304 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering he has a top 100 community project currently going on I don't think he's totally hated...otherwise we wouldn't be doing it :P

#17 Edited by dondave (34758 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not hated on the vine

#18 Edited by The Stegman (23258 posts) - - Show Bio

I love him dearly, he's superior to any other Marvel character.

#19 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11170 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter Parker is one of the greatest superheros ever. EEEVVVEEEERR.

SpOck? Entertaining story but not nearly as good. :)

#20 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17406 posts) - - Show Bio

spider-man hate? NO!

Spock Hate? HELL YES!

#21 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I see what you did there ;)

In all honesty though, he's my favourite Marvel character and tied with Superman as being my favourite character of all time. So no, I don't hate Spider-Man.

#22 Posted by The Stegman (23258 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

@the_stegman said:

I see what you did there ;)

Then my work here is done!

#23 Edited by kamakazi152 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Spider-Man. Especially in Amazing, but I'm not a fan of Superior Spider-Man right now. I'm hoping it gets better though!

#24 Edited by Johnni_Kun (289 posts) - - Show Bio

He's popular, and like every other very popular character, there is going to be haters. It mainly comes from jealousy. Those people are just mad that their "favorite" character isn't as universal appealing as the popular. Wolverine, Hulk, Iron-man, Hal Jordan and Batman get it all the time..........

#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by Jack Donaghy (937 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't think I've seen anyone who hates Spider-Man, maybe a few who didn't like him but they didn't hate him. There are much more people on CV who hate Batman, Wolverine, Superman, Storm and the Hulk.

#27 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think a lot of people on Comic Vine hate Spider-Man, but I have seen lots of hate for Superior Spider-Man.

#28 Posted by Royal_Rumble_Man (513 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm and Batman gets more hate, because of their caustic fans in battles

People rarely mention spiderman and hate

#29 Edited by Immortal777 (7012 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Spider-man.

#30 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

Most people love spidey, its spock everyone seems to be so butthurt about, personally i'm enjoying it.