Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

It never really seems to make characters more powerful past them being planet busters.Does it truly make them more powerful?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk but the fans sure do get hard ons when characters blow up big things.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, why wouldn't it?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's only potential for galaxy busting. Due to story it doesn't happen but it can change in DBS since they know someone who can go back in time.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DarthAznable

That can be said for plenty of things that involve explosions besides DBZ.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777 said:

This thread is about DBZ, I'd prefer not to go off topic.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Anyone who adheres to ABC logic like "character a can bust mass x, and character b is 100 times more powerful than character a, so therefore character b can bust mass 100x" isn't worth paying attention to. Fans love to speculate power based on how "casually" another feat was done even though their pesky little 'ki control' argument goes both ways :/

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable said:
@immortal777 said:

No Caption Provided

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Without ABC logic, you get things like Roshi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Super Vegito.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777 said:
@darthaznable said:
@immortal777 said:

No Caption Provided

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By tensor

Well Freiza was a Planet Buster and got beaten by Goku who was not a Planet buster at the time.

It is just a show of Power.

Take Whis the power he displayed to destroy half the Planet was so little but so Powerful.

He did not need a big ball of energy like Freiza.

Really enjoying Dragon Ball Super. The way they are going Goku will be back on the forums with a vengeance.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By midnightdragon18

@tensor: so you're saying first form frieza had better ki output and better dc than ssg namek goku ?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Without ABC logic, you get things like Roshi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Super Vegito.

I'm not saying don't use ABC logic. You just have to use it correctly.

We know Super Vegito is superior to Roshi, so anything Roshi can do he can do better. However, you can't base just how much better he does it based on arbitrary numbers that mostly come from fan calcs.

So,

Roshi destroyed a moon < Frieza /Buu destroyed a planet < Vegito is stronger than both therefore he can at least destroy a planet. Though, there is room for educated inference, so I would say Super Vegito is at least Multi-Planetary level.

Anyways, we didn't get our first star level feat until beerus so that's even more evidence that people like Cell were talking out their a$$es since the energy required to destroy a star is far lower than the energy required to wipe out a whole solar system lol

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperfect_cell said:

We know Super Vegito is superior to Roshi, so anything Roshi can do he can do better. However, you can't base just how much better he does it based on arbitrary numbers that mostly come from fan calcs.

So,

Roshi destroyed a moon < Frieza /Buu destroyed a planet < Vegito is stronger than both therefore he can at least destroy a planet. Though, there is room for educated inference, so I would say Super Vegito is at least Multi-Planetary level.

Anyways, we didn't get our first star level feat until beerus so that's even more evidence that people like Cell were talking out their a$$es since the energy required to destroy a star is far lower than the energy required to wipe out a whole solar system lol

I agree with most of this.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tensor

@midnightdragon18 said:

@tensor: so you're saying first form frieza had better ki output and better dc than ssg namek goku ?

Goku have to do spirit bomb or take forever to charge a Kamehameha.They can release their destructive energy force much faster than him.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All that matters is perfect hair~

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor said:
@midnightdragon18 said:

Goku have to do spirit bomb or take forever to charge a Kamehameha.They can release their destructive energy force much faster than him.

Goku has fired a Kamehameha in one panel.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@buttersdaman000: technically if you can busy a star, the explosion of said star would wipe out the solar system :p

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperfect_cell: He has to charge for it to be destructive. What he fired was not planet level.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor said:

@imperfect_cell: He has to charge for it to be destructive. What he fired was not planet level.

He can IT while he charges it, like he did against Beerus, and it doesn't take long at all.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: you must of only watched the anime, it doesn't take that long to charge in the manga.

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ValarMelkor

So,

In the original Japanese manga Supreme Kai said that Buu destroyed Stars in the past.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not according to ScrewAttack because no matter what they bust, they still have limits apparently.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By buttersdaman000

@fallschirmjager said:

@buttersdaman000: technically if you can busy a star, the explosion of said star would wipe out the solar system :p

Well, that's all assuming what one mean's by "wipe out" and if Ki would force the star into exploding like a supernova anyways. If the star simply exploded like the planets do in DBZ, then the only way it's "destroying" the solar system is by throwing everything out of orbit. If Ki somehow forces a Star into supernova stage, then Ki must have some hidden aging and or chemical properties then, right? So, I assume it's the former.

But, even ignoring that, the logic is off. I can bust a megaton of TNT with a grenade resulting in a massive explosion, but that doesn't mean that same grenade could produce that same effect on it's own. So even if Ki can force a star into the supernova stage, I wouldn't call that blast a solar system destroyer.....

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, not really, it doesn't. DBZ fanatic's activity however tends to rise with each new "bust".

Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Heinrich7

I'd say so. It at least shows them what their ki is capable of.

Not for speed, physical strength or actual skill though.

Sun-Wukong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, if a A is stronger then B, then A can do anything B can do and better. Simple DBZ common sense.

Sun-Wukong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sun-Wukong

@heinrich7 said:

I'd say so. It at least shows them what their ki is capable of.

Not for speed, physical strength or actual skill though.

Kaio-ken x2

Goku

A technique whereby controlling all of the ki throughout the body, one can momentarily amplify it. However, the toll on the body is also large.

Vol. 20 / Chp. 229

Goku acquired it through his training under Kaio. His power, speed, destructive force, and defensive force, all become twice the usual.

http://web.archive.org/web/20111103160343/http://kanzentai.com/trans-daiz02.php?m=08&id=spc_attack#link

Skills is different but for Speed and strength

When ki increases, so does everything else.

http://w11.zetaboards.com/Dragonball_Platinum/topic/11129969/1/#new