• 108 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (49228 posts) - - Show Bio

The Comic Vine community has declared a winner after a week of voting and debate, but first -- if you don't mind -- I'd like to share my thoughts on the match. And if you do mind, you can always scroll past my section, yes? Anyway, this has been a battle that has been heavily demanded for quite some time now and understandably so. Sure, Taskmaster acts like a total jobber from time to time, but he also has some very impressive showings and his skillset makes him incredibly dangerous in a random encounter. That said, do I think Wayne will beatdown Taskmaster or will the Marvel mercenary defeat the Caped Crusader?

Taskmaster is a dude who has the means to beat Batman in a random encounter. He's sporting the skill of some of the deadliest and most versatile characters in his universe, has relatively generic yet effective weapons and has superb accuracy. His pain tolerance and strength may not be up there with Bruce's, but he's damn fast and has solid reflexes -- yes, that's without his double-speed, too. The guy has danced around Venom with ease and even swatted away bullets with a chain. He's had the skill to humiliate the likes Cat and has given Captain America very commendable fights. On paper, the guy has most certainly what it takes to surprise Bruce in a random encounter and take a slight edge. It's pretty much a clear cut case of a villain who would defeat Batman in the first encounter, but Batman would surely take a rematch. But then we have to take into account the fact they're in character, and Taskmaster doesn't exactly have the best history when it comes to how he acts in combat.

When you're facing a tactical genius, it's not really the smartest idea to babble about your ability and show off. This is unfortunately something Taskmaster is unaware of and has been seen doing on more than a few occasions. If he does so, it would absolutely lead to his downfall against such a skilled detective and adaptable hand-to-hand fighter with so many devices on him. Now, there's obviously no guarantee Taskmaster will act this way every time in a random encounter, but based on his history, I think it's fair to say this will be a big factor more often than not.

Not one of Flash's finer moments.

"Why does it matter if he brags and explains about his talents? He's still got the skill of Cap, Bullseye, Elektra and more!" Well, like I said above, Batman is one of the most tactical characters in the DC universe and absolutely among the most skilled. After all, we even saw him recognize and act accordingly when it came to utilizing all kinds of different styles during an encounter with Wrath. Simply put: he has the means to cope with a majority of whatever Taskmaster throws his way. A pure melee contest between the two would take ages and one clean connect with Taskmater's blade can turn the tide, but Batman is by no means limited to unarmed and melee weapons here, is he? Given Batman's own formidable degree of skill, brilliant mind, array of equipment and Taskmaster's own history against characters around Batman's level (i.e. Captain America, Daredevil), Wayne outsmarting Tasky just seems too likely to me. Additionally, when fighting someone with such a wide knowledge of hand-to-hand techniques, it's fair to assume Taskmaster would prolong the battle to observe his enemy and pick up as many new moves as possible. Again, this would be unwise and continue to reduce his chances of victory against Batman.

Overall, Taskmaster certainly has what it takes to bring down the Dark Knight in a random encounter, but I think his personality will lead to his downfall as the fight progresses and unfortunately for him, that's something which tends to pop up and simply cannot be overlooked. Throw in Batman's gifted mind, wide variety of styles to implement and a healthy variety of equipment and I have to give Batman the slight edge after a VERY good fight.

Gregg's Verdict: Batman 6/10

But who cares what I think? What about the Comic Vine community? Well, it turns out they agree with me. And if you're going to scream "POPULARITY CONTEST," perhaps you should instead double your efforts in the poll thread next time. Drop scans, make compelling arguments, lure in more voters, etc. There's obviously no denying that popularity will always play some kind of role in polls, but you do indeed have the power to make a difference.

Comic Vine's Verdict: Batman wins with a decent edge. Here's the poll results:

• Batman: 52%
  • Taskmaster: 40%
  • Too close to call: 7%
BAT-KICK FOR THE WIN!

Viner Argument in favor of Batman is by god_spawn

"I honestly think Batman wins. Why? Well, a few simple factors, but I'll start with why Taskmaster could potentially beat him. The primary reason is skill. Taskmaster is easily a top tier competitor with plenty of tricks in his bag. When you get away from the stupid things like not beating Deadpool since, well those fights were terrible, and being afraid of Moon Knight (I just find these stupid but we can argue that mess later), he's done his fair share of feats. He's stalemated Captain America twice, has fought Daredevil a few times (I'll get to why he lost later), he's beaten up Black Widow and Headsman with his hands chained, and he's held his own against both Captain Americas in the form of Steve and Bucky at once by himself. He's hit the likes of Spider-Man using a ricochet cane using Bullseye's aiming ability. He's knocked down giant Skrull Pym, Stature, and Antman like characters using a single shield throw and ricochet ability and then proceeded to knock them out via nerve cluster shots to the neck, demonstrating a knowledge of some pressure points. They were not looking, however, it was still an impressive feat, IMO. You add into this his equipment, it's sort of versatile, not Batman versatile, but it's simple yet effective. Between his sword, shield, bow, and baton. Add in a few trick arrows as well and he can fight on a few ranges. Add in Taskmaster's ability to pick up on fighting styles and even predict some, he is going to give Bats one helluva fight.

We all know Bruce's skill and stats. Punching through bazooka proof glass. Blocking bullets with his gauntlets. Dodging machine gunfire. Knowing 127 different martial arts. He knows 400+ ways to incapacitate someone without spilling blood. He's proven to be one of DC's top tiers. Add in his extremely versatile bag of tricks from different batarangs, sonics, cryopellets, flashbangs, different types of gases, etc.

So I see Bruce walking away from this because of one major factor: Taskmaster's ego is huuuuuge. He's lost to Daredevil twice because of it. He should have bested Moon Knight, but he got cocky, I would however, disregard the part about him being scared of Moon Knight. That part just doesn't sit right with me, but he still has ran away from some fights before, regardless. You see, Taskmaster goes into a lot of fights thinking he has them in the bag. Just because he can predict styles and has all of this skill he walks around like he is the best, but all of this has never made him untouchable when it comes to other top tier martial artists. And Bruce does have his own style to him so Tasky might enjoy taking some of his moves and that could hinder him like it has before. Bruce is the exact opposite. Bruce is proficient and precise. So while I honestly might give Taskmaster the edge in skill, I do see Bruce's skill being perfectly capable of facing Taskmaster and with the terrain being a city (perfect for the Dark Knight) and his mindset and versatility in his equipment will end up carrying him to a slim majority of 6/10. If this were a serious Taskmaster though, I'd probably say the inverse, but for now I say the Bats takes it."

Also, we have a special guest chiming in!

Fred Van Lente, writer of TASKMASTER

"Depending on how you wanted your story to play out, I could see either scenario working plausibly. Since Batman's superpower seems to be that he's got the foresight and planning ability of a 1990s movie serial killer, one way he could win would be that he's always had a fighting style he's kept hidden from the news cameras, so he's able to spring something totally unexpected on Taskmaster when he least expects it.

On the other hand, Taskmaster is one of the rare villains intelligent and practical enough to avoid taking on Batman unless he had no other choice. Even then, I'd hope he would avoid confronting Batman directly. He'd use one of his many weapons from a distance or send his henchmen students to wear Bruce down until Tasky thought it was safe to enter the fray.

Not that he'd be the only villain to ever try that and fail, of course "

Want more Batman battles?

Feel free to suggest characters in the Official Discussion thread or via Twitter.

Psst! Here's a little something for the people who really wanted Taskmaster to win.

BEHOLD THE POWER OF MICROSOFT PAINT!

#1 Posted by Squalleon (4640 posts) - - Show Bio

"Depending on how you wanted your story to play out, I could see either scenario working plausibly. Since Batman's superpower seems to be that he's got the foresight and planning ability of a 1990s movie serial killer"

LOL

Anyway I agree with batman, his equipment alone can give him the edge. But it doesn't hurt that he is a tactical genius too.

#3 Posted by lesterlawton (819 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no way that Batman "curbstomps" somebody that has beaten down Captain America.

#4 Edited by Beserkerfury (153 posts) - - Show Bio

@lesterlawton: Captain america is nothing compared to Batman and neither is Taskmaster.

Besides,Taskmaster beating Cap is likely PIS.

#5 Edited by Wolverine08 (43759 posts) - - Show Bio

@beserkerfury:

Captain America is nothing compared to Batman? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Posted by Overlander (541 posts) - - Show Bio

The voice of the people has spoken, but they are blinded by fandom.

Seriously, Taskmaster.

#7 Posted by PabloGdeAnda (47 posts) - - Show Bio

The voice of the people has spoken, but they are blinded by fandom.

Seriously, Taskmaster.

Sure there is, if we're talking about the Goddamn Batman from All star Batman & Robin the boy wonder, he would see Taskmaster, and then call "the idiot from Metropolis" to just superspeedpunch him, while clark yells: "DAMN!"

#8 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@beserkerfury: stop now before you lose the little credibility you have left

#9 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Venom about to start going on about his shrimpin' bidness?

#10 Edited by cameron83 (7531 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@beserkerfury:

Captain America is nothing compared to Batman? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol I don't want to call him a f*cking idiot,but......

lol anyway I say Captain America can win. But more on topic,I think Taskmaster could win,but what god_spawn said was REALLY true...especially about his ego.

So yeah,I think that,by a VERY slim margin,as godspawn said,Batman would win.

Overall, Taskmaster certainly has what it takes to bring down the Dark Knight in a random encounter, but I think his personality will lead to his downfall as the fight progresses and unfortunately for him, that's something which tends to pop up and simply cannot be overlooked. Throw in Batman's gifted mind, wide variety of styles to implement and a healthy variety of equipment and I have to give Batman the slight edge after a VERY good fight.

Hm. This seems fair actually.... I think I agree now. Especially because of Taskmaster's personality.

Also,referring to your comment above,I say Captain America is,at the very least,as skilled as Batman. :p

#11 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

No silhouettes of next week's battle? You did say you were incorporating this into the battle of the week. What's the next one?

#12 Posted by k4tzm4n (49228 posts) - - Show Bio

No silhouettes of next week's battle? You did say you were incorporating this into the battle of the week. What's the next one?

I'm not going to include BotW teases in DBAW. Besides, I'm still trying to come up with the match :P

#14 Edited by DeathandGrim (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Dat MS paint doe

I was rooting for bats because he's given alotta good Martial artists (Deathstroke) a run for their money and he's far too adaptable and smart to be beaten by Task who is smart but just doesn't know when to finish up

#15 Posted by Kingfang90 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster would murder batman

#16 Edited by cameron83 (7531 posts) - - Show Bio

@beserkerfury said:

Batman:Handle my lightweight son.

Damian Wayne:Yes sir,Shall I kill him?

Batman:No,toy with him for abit.

Taskmaster:I'm so fucked,*Runs*

That's pretty much how this fight would go.

Are you stupid?

lol no?just a blind fanboy apparently.....

May not even know the slightest thing about the characters...

@thetimestreamer said:

@beserkerfury: stop now before you lose the little credibility you have left

He just lost all of it.....

#17 Posted by Shallbecomeabattoo (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman takes him down. Batman stalemates Deathstroke and Deathstroke is basically Taskmaster without the bullshit.

#18 Edited by i_like_swords (15850 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't bother to read this,Batman curbstomps with minimal effort.

@lesterlawton: Captain america is nothing compared to Batman and neither is Taskmaster.

Besides,Taskmaster beating Cap is likely PIS.

And this is why Batman won.

#19 Posted by patrat18 (10192 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Butros (75 posts) - - Show Bio

When has Batman stalemated Deathstroke? Also Taskmaster and Deathstroke are different imho.

#21 Edited by cameron83 (7531 posts) - - Show Bio

@butros said:

When has Batman stalemated Deathstroke? Also Taskmaster and Deathstroke are different imho.

I believe Deathstroke also defeated Batman before...but whatever....

and yes,Deathstroke and Taskmaster are on two completely different levels and completely different characters with different personalities. I might as well compare Batman and Iron Man.....

and the fanboyism is strong in here.

Mainly by biased ignorant Batfans that blindly support the character without a valid argument (usually by underestimating the other character severely and overestimating batman by making him do things he has never done...and when he has lost to much worse).

But anyway,I agree completely with the verdict and the reasoning.

#22 Posted by TheBlackHood (369 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with these threads is you have people automatically declare "fanboy" whenever they don't like the outcome. cough *Cameron83* cough. Taskmaster is a badass, but for me it was a matter of him copying moves instead of copying entire styles and the visual aspect of his power. For me the setting was key. 30ft apart AT NIGHT. Once Batman realized that Taskmaster was copying his moves he would take out the lights and use stealth. In a daytime battle I think Taskmaster might take it, but with the setting presented I think stealth would negate his main advantage.

#23 Edited by cameron83 (7531 posts) - - Show Bio

@theblackhood said:

The problem with these threads is you have people automatically declare "fanboy" whenever they don't like the outcome. cough *Cameron83* cough. Taskmaster is a badass, but for me it was a matter of him copying moves instead of copying entire styles and the visual aspect of his power. For me the setting was key. 30ft apart AT NIGHT. Once Batman realized that Taskmaster was copying his moves he would take out the lights and use stealth. In a daytime battle I think Taskmaster might take it, but with the setting presented I think stealth would negate his main advantage.

erm....I wasn't talking about K4tzm4n.....

In fact,if you read what I said in the discussion page and above,you would know that I agree completely with the verdict and the reasons behind it from k4tzm4n and god_spawn......

so,perhaps we don't assume things,hm?

I was mainly talking about people who downplay other characters and overrate their own because of their blind bias and ignorance.....cough*berskerfury*cough.

#24 Posted by Beserkerfury (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins /Thread

#25 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3926 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be an interesting fight to feature in Death Battle. Just sayin'

#26 Posted by sasquatch888 (356 posts) - - Show Bio

getting your ass kicked in two pages by two caps counts as something now ? he lost ....i bet you the task master either runs for his life or loses alot more fights than he wins. I could picture taskmaster fleeing for his life while batman kicks his ass . just like captain america and moon knight already kicked his ass... there's a reason batman is one of the worlds top comic book characters and taskmaster is a nobody ....batman has faced adversaries taskmaster couldn't even comprehend. copied fighting skills don't match up to the man who actually learned the martial art through skill and determination

#27 Posted by lesterlawton (819 posts) - - Show Bio

@beserkerfury: Most of Batman's victories (outside of random street thugs) involve PIS, otherwise he would have died years ago.

#28 Posted by MaccyD (4524 posts) - - Show Bio

We all know Bruce's skill and stats. Punching through bazooka proof glass. Blocking bullets with his gauntlets. Dodging machine gunfire. Knowing 127 different martial arts. He knows 400+ ways to incapacitate someone without spilling blood. He's proven to be one of DC's top tiers. Add in his extremely versatile bag of tricks from different batarangs, sonics, cryopellets, flashbangs, different types of gases, etc.

I hope most of this exaggeration, cause otherwise...wtf...

#29 Posted by Jaydarocknrolla (90 posts) - - Show Bio

i picked taskmaster but after readingore about his feats batman would "whoop dat trick!" Taskmaster is a jobber. also could someone please tell me what pis means?

#30 Posted by cameron83 (7531 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: Nope,dude is that strong.....and powerful....and awesome.

@beserkerfury: Most of Batman's victories (outside of random street thugs) involve PIS, otherwise he would have died years ago.

you're not going to get through to him or half of the people on this thread....i see so many batfanboys but so little batman fans....

#31 Posted by Lvenger (20757 posts) - - Show Bio

I really got convinced of Batman's edging it out thanks to Gregg and godspawn's posts on it. Plus, if the writer of Taskmaster says that he'd avoid a direct fight with Batman, that speaks a great deal about how the fight would go down. Though I wish it had been for those reasons that Batman had really won.

#32 Edited by TheBlackHood (369 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@theblackhood said:

In fact,if you read what I said in the discussion page and above,you would know that I agree completely with the verdict and the reasons behind it from k4tzm4n and god_spawn......

I was mainly talking about people who downplay other characters and overrate their own because of their blind bias and ignorance.....cough*berskerfury*cough.

Then I completely apologize if I misread, misunderstood, or misquoted you.

#33 Posted by God_Spawn (38114 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

I hope most of this exaggeration, cause otherwise...wtf...

None of it is. He has literally punched through bazooka proof glass. He's blocked bullets with his gauntlets on a couple of occasions. He made a disk with a complete run down of 127 martial arts for Cassie Cain. And he's blatantly stated he knows 463 ways to incapacitate someone without spilling blood.

#34 Edited by MaccyD (4524 posts) - - Show Bio

Even the people in the article are forgetting Taskmaster's ability to physically adapt and counter anyone's fighting style after a while.

Plus usually someone uses similar moves over and over again and it's not Batman remembers exactly all 150 martial arts...(please tell me that's not true...)

#35 Posted by God_Spawn (38114 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by TheBlackHood (369 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

Even the people in the article are forgetting Taskmaster's ability to physically adapt and counter anyone's fighting style after a while.

Plus usually someone uses similar moves over and over again and it's not Batman remembers exactly all 150 martial arts...(please tell me that's not true...)

But again, Taskmaster's power is visual in nature. People tend to forget that the fight set up takes place at night. A couple well placed batarangs and they are fighting in complete darkness. So no duplicating what you can't see. That said, Taskmaster is a badass and it would be close but the stealth makes all the difference.

#37 Posted by cameron83 (7531 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@theblackhood said:

That's fine :)

I do that on the internet quite a few times myself..

@cameron83: Cameron, quit insulting people.

lol my bad. I DO get a bit carried away sometimes

#38 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (731 posts) - - Show Bio

@theblackhood said:

@cameron83 said:

@theblackhood said:

@god_spawn said:

Hold the phone. Agreeable people? Listening to one another? Apologizing? Talking to one another with respect?

Did the whole of the internet change while I slumbered last evening????

WHERE AM I???

#39 Posted by Capes_n_Babes (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so let me first start off saying I always enjoy reading these "who would win" debates but it almost always comes down to not the characters themselves but who is writing the fight. :-)

Also, stating up front, I'm a huge Taskmaster fan. have been one ever since a buddy handed me his copy of Avengers #196 with George Perez' classic cover. I even have a tattoo of Taskmaster's shield I designed myself on my left shoulder.

With all of that being said though, I can't fully disagree with the 60/40 results - even though i would say a more realistic scenario might be more in the 55-45% range. I also agree with a lot of what Gregg Katzman says above with the exception of ONE thing... I disagree that the first initial encounter would be a Taskmaster win with Batman easily winning a re-match. I think a more likely scenario would be the opposite given the fact that Taskmaster has quite often lost initial fights with what I call "name brand heroes" only to come back and be much more formidable in future confrontations.

But here's the thing that we Taskmaster fans get frustrated about... he COULD beat Batman. IF he was written like the badass so many of us want and think he could be. That's where the Deathstroke/Taskmaster analogy comes in to play. Taskmaster could easily BE Marvel's Deathstroke if writers would write him that way but many writers just don't know what to do with him so they write him as a "cut-and-run when the chips are down" kind of fighter.

The dude took on the powerhouse of the Avengers in his very first appearance... Cap, Iron man, The Beast, Powerman, the Wasp by himself and was beating them until he came across Jocasta and didn't know how to fight her. That's why Batman wins in the first meeting but in the re-match, it would be much, much closer. The thing that always gets overlooked due to his personality is that fact that Taskmaster STUDIES opponents he's come across before. I don't remember any specific issues but I remember it being mentioned he literally has a Library of Congress type of material on almost every super powered being in the Marvel Universe. Fred Van Lente touched up on this very same thing in Taskmaster's second mini-series.

I have read where people give Batman the edge if it's in a dark city at night. Nope. That's not cut and dry. Taskmaster was getting his butt kicked by Elektra until he blind folded himself and fought as Daredevil and threw Elektra off her game so fighting blindly is not uncommon for Taskmaster. In his first mini-series, he sped up a kung-fu movie so he could punch and fight at incredible speeds. Bats might not be prepared for that since Tasky could literally turn his "super speed" on any time he wanted to.

Also, which batman we're talking about here also matters. Are we talking Bats from batman and The Outsiders? He was much more of a wimp in those days. Or are we talking more along the Dark Knight Batman? Even more so, are we talking Christian Bale Batman, because if we're talking Christian Bale Batman, Taskmaster wins that fight without even breaking a sweat.

But seeing as we're probably talking about the most current versions of both characters, this is how I personally see this fight going down if it was a 15 round heavy weight match:

In rounds 1-12, I think the fight would be a draw with both fighters getting the crap kicked out of each other. They would each give equally what they got. But Taskmaster would play much more of a "puncher" role than a "fighter" role. Bruce would take a lot of punishment from Taskmaster until round 13 and 14 where he would be waiting for Taskmaster to open himself up. Rounds 13 and 14 would easily go to bats with Task on the ropes. Unfortunately, there would not be a 15th round.

Why?

Because Task would blind Bruce with one of his many hidden flare devices or guns and, by the time Bruce regained his sight, Taskmaster would be long gone. But with a TON of knowledge about how to fight Bruce better the next time.

That's why it's so frustrating to be a Taskmaster fan. He COULD be so much more of a bad ass then so many current writers write him these days.

But hey, he's also come along way from the days of taking one hit to the face and then running away or even doing everything in his power not to fight in the first place.

#40 Edited by cameron83 (7531 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@theblackhood said:

@cameron83 said:

@theblackhood said:

@god_spawn said:

Hold the phone. Agreeable people? Listening to one another? Apologizing? Talking to one another with respect?

Did the whole of the internet change while I slumbered last evening????

WHERE AM I???

XD

#41 Edited by cameron83 (7531 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so let me first start off saying I always enjoy reading these "who would win" debates but it almost always comes down to not the characters themselves but who is writing the fight. :-)

Also, stating up front, I'm a huge Taskmaster fan. have been one ever since a buddy handed me his copy of Avengers #196 with George Perez' classic cover. I even have a tattoo of Taskmaster's shield I designed myself on my left shoulder.

With all of that being said though, I can't fully disagree with the 60/40 results - even though i would say a more realistic scenario might be more in the 55-45% range. I also agree with a lot of what

Gregg Katzman

says above with the exception of ONE thing... I disagree that the first initial encounter would be a Taskmaster win with Batman easily winning a re-match. I think a more likely scenario would be the opposite given the fact that Taskmaster has quite often lost initial fights with what I call "name brand heroes" only to come back and be much more formidable in future confrontations.

But here's the thing that we Taskmaster fans get frustrated about... he COULD beat Batman. IF he was written like the badass so many of us want and think he could be. That's where the Deathstroke/Taskmaster analogy comes in to play. Taskmaster could easily BE Marvel's Deathstroke if writers would write him that way but many writers just don't know what to do with him so they write him as a "cut-and-run when the chips are down" kind of fighter.

The dude took on the powerhouse of the Avengers in his very first appearance... Cap, Iron man, The Beast, Powerman, the Wasp by himself and was beating them until he came across Jocasta and didn't know how to fight her. That's why Batman wins in the first meeting but in the re-match, it would be much, much closer. The thing that always gets overlooked due to his personality is that fact that Taskmaster STUDIES opponents he's come across before. I don't remember any specific issues but I remember it being mentioned he literally has a Library of Congress type of material on almost every super powered being in the Marvel Universe.

Fred Van Lente

touched up on this very same thing in Taskmaster's second mini-series.

I have read where people give Batman the edge if it's in a dark city at night. Nope. That's not cut and dry. Taskmaster was getting his butt kicked by Elektra until he blind folded himself and fought as Daredevil and threw Elektra off her game so fighting blindly is not uncommon for Taskmaster. In his first mini-series, he sped up a kung-fu movie so he could punch and fight at incredible speeds. Bats might not be prepared for that since Tasky could literally turn his "super speed" on any time he wanted to.

Also, which batman we're talking about here also matters. Are we talking Bats from batman and The Outsiders? He was much more of a wimp in those days. Or are we talking more along the Dark Knight Batman? Even more so, are we talking Christian Bale Batman, because if we're talking Christian Bale Batman, Taskmaster wins that fight without even breaking a sweat.

But seeing as we're probably talking about the most current versions of both characters, this is how I personally see this fight going down if it was a 15 round heavy weight match:

In rounds 1-12, I think the fight would be a draw with both fighters getting the crap kicked out of each other. They would each give equally what they got. But Taskmaster would play much more of a "puncher" role than a "fighter" role. Bruce would take a lot of punishment from Taskmaster until round 13 and 14 where he would be waiting for Taskmaster to open himself up. Rounds 13 and 14 would easily go to bats with Task on the ropes. Unfortunately, there would not be a 15th round.

Why?

Because Task would blind Bruce with one of his many hidden flare devices or guns and, by the time Bruce regained his sight, Taskmaster would be long gone. But with a TON of knowledge about how to fight Bruce better the next time.

That's why it's so frustrating to be a Taskmaster fan. He COULD be so much more of a bad ass then so many current writers write him these days.

But hey, he's also come along way from the days of taking one hit to the face and then running away or even doing everything in his power not to fight in the first place.

Wow. That was a very well thought-out argument....I mean,personally,I agree with k4tzm4n and God_spawn on this one,especially with it being a very slim fight,but this is also VERY interesting...I actually didn't know all of those things on Taskmaster.....

#42 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5537 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree with the outcome. I think Taskmaster could win the majority against Batman in a random encounter. People keep harping on Batman figuring out TMs copying his moves and ignore the fact HE ALREADY knows enough styles to beat Bats before the fight even began. This man has fought or studied the cream of the crop of martial artists in the MU and is well equipped to beat Batman. Even without the weapons generating gauntlets , his standard equipment is more than enough to take on Bats not counting the "double time" skill. Batman could definitely win the rematch but in a random encounter , arrogant or not Taskmaster is up to the job.

#43 Posted by MuyJingo (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n I'm not overly familiar with Taskmaster's ability. Could you clarify why, even with his absorbed skills, he is on the level of Batman?

Batman is in the very top tier of martial artists in the DCU, master of 127 styles as you've mentioned previously. Who has Taskmaster absorbed the skill of who is at that level?

#44 Posted by medulaoblaganda (969 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Dbogan67theman (37 posts) - - Show Bio

That's pure b.s. There's no way that Batfreak can even touch the Taskmaster. What I see here is loyal Batfreak fans. Plain and simple. Taskmaster will kill him and be done with.

#46 Posted by laflux (16829 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey @k4tzm4n!!!! Nice article as always, and I agree with the assessment. This Taskmaster battle gave me the idea of giving Taskmaster his Udon Gear and going up against Aphrodite X. What do you think?

#47 Edited by Omnicrono (1922 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@butros said:

and the fanboyism is strong in here.

Mainly by biased ignorant Batfans that blindly support the character without a valid argument (usually by underestimating the other character severely and overestimating batman by making him do things he has never done...and when he has lost to much worse).

But anyway,I agree completely with the verdict and the reasoning.

It runs strong no matter what the character, my friend. It's not solely "Batfans" that are guilty. It just depends on the day and the person.

There comes a point when you just have to accept that it happens, and get over it. Because simply "reacting" to it only serves to stoke the fire of flamewar.

#48 Edited by k4tzm4n (49228 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how disagreeing with someone means some of you have to insult and name call instead of actually making valid points which are relevant to the discussion. Way to keep Comic Vine classy.

But to everyone actually being rational and reasonable: *thumbs up*

#49 Edited by Lvenger (20757 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

I love how disagreeing with someone means some of you have to insult and name call instead of actually making valid points which are relevant to the discussion. Way to keep Comic Vine classy.

But to everyone actually being rational and reasonable: *thumbs up*

I saw you post an image of Etrigan in a thumbnail format. Is that a teaser for the next battle? :P

#50 Edited by Decept-O (7280 posts) - - Show Bio