k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@RealityWarper said:

Wolverine fought 18 hours against Omega Red without tyring...

You and I have a different definition of "tiring" considering Wolverine would have died from that fight if Maverick didn't intervene with medical aid. 

@Karkarov: What's the point? Well, I'd like to believe it's a fun (and hopefully educational) discussion to have about how Batman would fare against characters not in his universe in a completely random encounter. Captain America was the only one I picked, this and the others are up to votes by the community. There was a strong demand for Wolverine, so I provided my reasoning and hopefully did an able job with why I believe he'd win. While the outcome is obvious to me, there's no denying the fact it would still prove to be an entertaining battle. Obviously I'll disregard suggestions for blatant spites (Batman vs Iron Man). 

Giving Batman prep and knowledge in these battles would be not test his abilities and, to be blunt, would not be all that interesting to discuss -- at least in my opinion. This would be as simple as "he uses the magnet in Snyder's run" and then can literally have his way with Wolverine. While Wolverine is stuck, Batman can then use his variety of explosives and electric attacks relentlessly because he'd know immediately what advantages and weaknesses the X-Man has.  

Logan recovering from a nuke is a moot point in this on-going feature since it will always consider incapacitation or knock out a means of victory (as per the standard battle forum rules).  That's precisely why I opted to leave examples like that out and instead discussed his ability to remain conscious even after a strike from Hulk.

And yes, Batman technically defeat Captain America in one of the crossover events. The sewer flushed and Captain America was knocked out as it happened (if my memory serves me right, he bumped his head). Batman saved him from the flood, so he technically  won. However, prior to that, the fight was fairly even.   

While you have every right to believe the setting isn't neutral, I strongly disagree. An unpopulated city block with a moderate starting distance seems as neutral as it can get. There's open areas, areas for cover, various options in the environment for mobility, etc. If you think there's a more simplistic location that could prove as neutral as possible for all potential matches, then I'm all ears, sir.

@GREGalicious said:

I completely agree with the verdict but Bruce would put up one hell of a fight...

Most certainly. 

@Omega-Man 

another is his nerve cluster strikes Logan is NOT amune to nerve cluster strikes. Show me proof on this that he has been hit by someone who knows how to hit nerves and I will change my opinion on this little one, but that means you have to proove the others I have stated also.

I've already cited the Lord Shingen example, but if you really need another there's the time with Echo as well.
RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By RedOwl_1

... agree, Batman loses (oh that hurt, right in my pride)

BTW someone can give me a scan of that "Daredevil throat chop" (I know is not the thread but hell that)

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By JamDamage

I did some hard thinking about this battle. The battle should turn out a comic book writers blessing. It would fall into what most Batman and Wolverine battles usually fall into just because of how the characters usually are. First off. Wolverine, for the most part, loses a lot of his first fights against his foes. Actually this happens to a lot of heroe's because it sets up the rematch for our heroe's in later issues where the hero wins the battle after thinking about how he lost the first match or after getting away from their foe and then are ready for the rematch. Wolverine more then most, gets his ass handed to him the first time. Batman, more then most times, doesn't LOSE his first battle because his intelligence helps him NOT LOSE or have the battle end in a stalemate. Then he just wins hands down in the 2nd fight. Wolverine wins the 2nd match as well, but he usually gets his ass kicked the 1st time. Between Wolverine and Batman, the first round, Wolverine would be stopped by Batman. Maybe a stalemate, but Batman would get the first win. The second round tho....................Wolverine would win. Even tho Batman would have time to think about how to face Wolverine, Wolverine would see how smart Batman is, and take it into consideration and use it to Batmans disadvantage. He'd let Batman throw out a plan and just let his healing factor work to the point where Batman can't do anything. Wolverine doesn't get tired. That's where he'd win. He keep going and going til he won. In the end Wolverine should win. 6 out of 10 Wolverine.

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By teekomeeko

Yeah, this seems dead on. Give Batman a day, heck even a few hours, and he'll have something to easily beat Wolverine. But in some back alley in some city or another, he runs into Wolverine and doesn't know exactly what to do, dude is dead.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

Meh. Batman would simply lure him to a giant magnet and Wolverine would be helpless. Batman wins. By virtue of the fact that I don't like Wolverine very much. :P

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Wolverine, considering his over a century experience of fighting and training, and if you take the death battle video with Spider-Man vs Batman into consideration.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By RustyRoy

Without prep Logan takes it,with prep Bruce wins. In both cases it would be a tough match.

Blackestnight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#158  Edited By Blackestnight1

Going hand to hand would be the end of Batman. Wolverine only needs one hit Batman needs a countless number as Wolverine will just heal anyway. Even if Batman ran over him with the Batmobile that's not even close to the power of getting hit by the Hulk or Rulk. Wolverine can take it. Plus Batman doesn't kill and Wolverine does and wolverine wont stop fighting until he wins. With his senses he could track Bruce down if Bruce fled.

Batman has to figure out that Wolverine has a metal skeleton and then use magnets. And he has to do it before Logan tracks him down. When in doubt however, we know everything freezes and Batman does have that Victor Freeze gun he keeps for just such "I dont know what the hell is going on" emergencies, which we saw in blackest night. When he didn't know what the black lantern creatures were he froze them and later froze himself to escape them once he figured out they only see emotions. He also used freezing to destroy the space robots that were eating everything metal.

Batman is going to have to engage Wolverine and then flee once he learns enough about him and can prepare. Otherwise there is no way Batman beats wolverine just with martial arts. Wolverine is not a regular human, he's a mutant.You can't break his bones or dislocate his joints. Hitting him in the face could break your hand.

Now Wolverine is not above using weapons either. We saw him use the phoenix gun. Seeing an opponent with a jet and car etc I can see wolverine going to pack heat or grab a sword before trying to go to the bat cave or waiting for the dark knight to return. Also without overloading his senses Wolverine will sniff Batman out before there can be a surprise attack on a second encounter.

The best case scenario for Batman is to immobilize Wolverine with some kind of strong magnet or by freezing him. Wolverine however can use the suicide bomber tactic going in grenades strapped. He'll survive Batman will not. There are just so many way Wolverine can kill Batman and basically no way for Batman to kill Wolverine. Bruce could and would immobilizing him on the second fight. With each time they fight Batman gains an advantage because he is much more intelligent. But the most dangerous one iss the first one when they don't know anything about each other and that is when I am saying wolverine guts him at least 6 out of 10 times depending on where they were fighting and if Batman could grappling hook out of there and if he had a vehicle waiting otherwise he's a dead man.

Second encounter all Batman no one not omega level beats Batman when he has time to prep.

UrbanChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By UrbanChill

i have logan winning as well but i still think batman takes captain america i dont care

p_rixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By p_rixx

I agree with this article more or less. One out of ten encounter batman will win with a industrial sized magnet he was lucky enough to have around.

One thing i disagree with though - without adamantium, batman will have no edge over wolverine (since obviously magnets will prove futile), so even with lower durability, he'll still have healing factor.

In a story this battle will likely be about how miraculously batman had escaped logan.

Avatar image for terrybogard2014
TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#161  Edited By TerryBogard2014

Meh,battle of the overrateds....wolverine wins due to being physically superior.batman would need prep time to take him out

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#162  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Nomadsquad said:

One nerve tap & Wolvy would be down. Wolverine relies too much on his savagery. Bruce would win by his wits, as always.

Nerve strikes don't work on Wolverine. K4tz even mentioned that in the article and even with savagery, Logan's savagery still has some base of skill so he isn't getting mopped around by the likes of Shang-Chi again.

DC_Comics_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By DC_Comics_Fan

Batman wins! why? Because he's Batman!

No Caption Provided
Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#164  Edited By Stompa

I don´t even think that Bats regular arsenal would be enough to K.O. wolvie. Like we all know Bats regular arsenal is mostly there to K.O. regular humans and not to kill them. Considering Wolvies durability and healing factor i don´t think this would be enough to seriously hurt him.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Omega-Man :

Problem with all that, is Batman has no idea who he's fighting right off the 'bat' (pardon the pun). It's OOC for Batman to use such lethal force until he learns the extent of his opponent's abilities. To compound the problem there is, by that point, it should prove too late. Wolverine only has to tag him but once, and using his claws against an unknown opponent trying to take him out is well within his morals.

Should he survive for a second encounter though, Bruce buts needs his 'super' magnet and Logan is incapacitated (though how Bruce will set that one up is heavily reliant on plot as Wolverine could cut himself loose from most 'metal' components Bruce adheres him to). Barring that, yes, Batman could take out Logan with foreknowledge in any number of ways.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By MuyJingo

Please, again, consider IronMan vs Batman. It's ridiculous for you to say IronMan outclasses Batman, then do a versus Wolverine article. Having the two self-made hero genius billionaire playboys matched is certainly a worthy topic.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

You know now that I had some time to think this one over. I am changing my mind. I say you are wrong. Batman would still win. There are tons of little details that have been overlooked... Details that the Wolverine fans, are too daft to consider obviously...

Like for an example: The way Logan carries himself. Do you honestly think... Bruce would take more then a few moments to figure out that there was something primal about Logan, and act accordingly?

The claws: While yes the claws give Wolverine a huge advantage. Do you honestly think that Bruce would not notice they were made of metal, and instantly form a plan based on that fact? He would notice the claws. He has already encountered enemies with claws... 1st he would test the claws... Once he saw how effective they were... He would find a way to use them to his own advantage.

I am not saying that Logan would allow him to do these things, but I honestly don't think Logan could stop him, or have reason to know to stop him. Not to mention all the extra little details that I could mention, when you get right down to it. Batman has so many tricks up his sleeves that he has used to beat larger threats in random encounters. And Wolverine more often then not loses his 1st time random encounters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@MuyJingo said:

Absolutely not. Logan has zero feats to put him on any kind of level intellectually to compare to Bruce.

For the battle, I think Wolverine would defeat New 52 Bruce. Pre-Flashpoint, Bruce probably wins.

henrybhayes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By henrybhayes

i feel like his cowl with different vision modes would quickly make batman aware of logan's metal skeleton. when/if that happens i see batman summoning the batcopter and the batcopter coming down with a giant magnet like something from a scrap yard and hauling wolverine off to Gotham recycling plant

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Karkarov

@k4tzm4n:

Well to be fair rules need to go both ways. All of the rules hinder Batman and have basically no impact on Wolverine. So they don't seem very fair, in fact they are just about one sided. Yes Batman only needs to knock out Wolverine but considering Wolverine can be punched in the face by the Hulk and get back up that doesn't seem like much of a concession. Especially when you factor in things like until you actually fight him Wolverine just looks like a guy in a suit and Batman doesn't kill so won't open with any of the nasty things he is capable of that "might" have an actual effect on Wolverine.

Maybe if the fight had started without them standing at opposite ends of a street staring at each other so Batman had an actual shot at studying Wolverine first and or setting an ambush?

sithfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 57

#171  Edited By sithfrog

@Big_Nasty said:

Only Fight Batman every truly lost to was Bane And Joel Schumacher.

Touche!

Wolvie isn't quite the beserker he used to be. I think he stalks Bats, sniffs him out and takes him on when he's Bruce. Skills would still be there, but no gadgets to use (or at least less available). Wovlie ftw! If a straight-up one on one with no prep or stalking, it would be close but I think Logan's taken on heavier hitters and made it out. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Marvel guy with much love for the Batman, but I think this one goes to the Canadian.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@sithfrog said:

@Big_Nasty said:

Only Fight Batman every truly lost to was Bane And Joel Schumacher.

Touche!

Wolvie isn't quite the beserker he used to be. I think he stalks Bats, sniffs him out and takes him on when he's Bruce. Skills would still be there, but no gadgets to use (or at least less available). Wovlie ftw! If a straight-up one on one with no prep or stalking, it would be close but I think Logan's taken on heavier hitters and made it out. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Marvel guy with much love for the Batman, but I think this one goes to the Canadian.

This could be the dumbest thing I have ever read in a long while. You see Wolverine *sniffing* Bruce out, and hunting him like he were a deer or something. That is completely asinine. Bruce would know, that Logan was stalking him. Short hairy guy *sniffing* actually *sniffing* the air and stalking like a wild predator... And something tells you that Bruce Wayne easily one of the most observant individuals in all of comicdom somehow doesn't notice? Bruce would notice, and he would take Logan on a wild goose-chase. The fact that you think Wolverine could out hunt Batman is insane. If Batman took the fight to the rooftops, Wolverine would never be able to keep up with him. Batman would outclass him in every way shape in form in terms of the pursuit... Honestly have any of you people even ever read a Batman comic. Seen him in action when being chased by people whom know how to scale buildings as good as he can, or in some cases even better then he. And yet Bruce still finds ways to trip them up.

This whole situation is built so that Wolverine has the advantage and I think that speaks volumes about why this fight would not go down like some of the others on here have stated. Look at the Villains whom have pursued Bruce and come up short. Manbat is a prime example. Manbat has a hard time out foxing Bruce and he is a large Bat creature, that has senses at least on par with Wolverine.

lmothander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By lmothander

Honestly, the saying should be "Wolverine Always Wins" cause otherwise he'd be dead

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Karkarov: The rules are the same for every fight in this segment. If Batman doesn't win a fight, then he doesn't win a fight in the segment. He'll lose and he'll win. I have a feeling Cap will be the only one I dub a stalemate.  I'm not going to manipulate the rules to shift them in his favor. That defeats the entire purpose of this on-going feature.
reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#175  Edited By reignmaker

In a classic 1v1 with no prep, boosts, or nerfs, I think Wolverine wins. That's coming from someone who has never been able to get into Wolverine. I think his inconsistent treatment in the comics (mentioned in this article) has a lot to do with that. If Batman has more than 24 hours of prep though I think Bats takes it. In a realistic scenario, this is how I envision it going down. Batman isn't adverse to flat-out running away either when he's clearly out-matched. He actually did that in the latest issue of Detective so he could better equip himself and come back and pwn.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#176  Edited By Omega-Man

@Super_SoldierXII:

Out of Character? he did things like that with others. Amazo for one and drug crazed lunatics (He used the batmobile to run them down in the LODK series) and even Nobody in Batman and Robin when he used the Batwing on him. It's not out of character at all. Also Batman is the world's greatest Detective don't you think he'd notice how affective Wolverine's claws are? and they are made of metal? Batman used his magnet gadget on low level enforcers in a subway before and they prove less of a threat than Wolverine. Plus he'd work out on the spot how to beat/stop Wolverine, How? Theatricality and Deception. Make Wolverine be too distracted by the Batplane or Batmobile firing on him while he hatches a few other options. Batman DOES THIS in comics.

Freeze bombs and Freeze batarangs he could encase him in ice. Use his sound weapon which he has done to both people with super hearing (Superman) and without before against meta humans who he hadn't faced before. Batman isn't going to let Wolverine stab him he'd keep him at a distance even if Batman has to move out of the first place they started fighting to another part of the city or wherever they are fighting. It's called Tactics something Wolverine Lacks or rather doesn't use, if you can't beat someone in a certain place you go to higher ground and use a place to your advantage.

Alot of people tend to forget batman's standard equipment, they think he just carries Batarangs and his grappling hook which isn't true. Or how batman can on the spot improvise and buy himself time to plan a few strategies.

So really you haven't proved anything to change my mind that Wolverine takes it.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@Omega-Man said:

@Super_SoldierXII:

Out of Character? he did things like that with others. Amazo for one and drug crazed lunatics (He used the batmobile to run them down in the LODK series) and even Nobody in Batman and Robin when he used the Batwing on him. It's not out of character at all. Also Batman is the world's greatest Detective don't you think he'd notice how affective Wolverine's claws are? and they are made of metal? Batman used his magnet gadget on low level enforcers in a subway before and they prove less of a threat than Wolverine. Plus he'd work out on the spot how to beat/stop Wolverine, How? Theatricality and Deception. Make Wolverine be too distracted by the Batplane or Batmobile firing on him while he hatches a few other options. Batman DOES THIS in comics.

Freeze bombs and Freeze batarangs he could encase him in ice. Use his sound weapon which he has done to both people with super hearing (Superman) and without before against meta humans who he hadn't faced before. Batman isn't going to let Wolverine stab him he'd keep him at a distance even if Batman has to move out of the first place they started fighting to another part of the city or wherever they are fighting. It's called Tactics something Wolverine Lacks or rather doesn't use, if you can't beat someone in a certain place you go to higher ground and use a place to your advantage.

Alot of people tend to forget batman's standard equipment, they think he just carries Batarangs and his grappling hook which isn't true. Or how batman can on the spot improvise and buy himself time to plan a few strategies.

So really you haven't proved anything to change my mind that Wolverine takes it.

This is the first intelligent thing I have read. And its all true.

ALdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By ALdragon17

Someone keeps on forgetting about the fact that Batman has sneak up on Superman. Supeman's powers of hearing and smelling are better than Wolverine's. "The Caped Crusader is a master of stealth, but few have been able to get the jump on Logan thanks to his beyond human nose and ears." "His stealth skills are so great that that even groups of superheroes such as the Legion of Super Heroes have been unable to locate him." Comic Vine :) Batman has defeat Predator, three times or more. He probably wear his armor to fight him or develop some chemicals to disable him. Batman is the counter weight of JLA; the whole JLA. Batman wins big time.Don't hate me, hate the writers who made him the Batman. "Batman was able to hold up two golden sarcophagi with the approximate weight of at least 1 ton, for at least one minute."

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Omega-Man said:

@Super_SoldierXII:

You're completely missing the point. Batman has no idea who Wolverine is and what he can take. It is completely out of character for Batman to use lethal force under such circumstances. It is, however, very much in character for Bruce to come in swinging hand to hand. And he would need lethal force right at the get go to stand a chance. Nothing you've said addresses this at all whatsoever.

Secondly, Batman's used his 'super' magnet all but once. And he had purposefully brought it with him as he knew BEFOREHAND that he was heading out to face a gang with iron masks. It was a preplanned element. Here he has no prep or foreknowledge of his opponent, and there is NOTHING to suggest he carries said magnet on him as standard gear as he's only used it once and, to reiterate, this with prep. Not to even mention the environment he'd need to make said 'magnet' effective. Say he attaches it to a car, the metal frame of a building, a streetlamp or whatever you can fancy in a cityscape, Wolverine could easily and immediately carve his way loose. It's a fail plan regardless.

Thirdly, and once again, he has NO PREP! Which is to say, the batmobile and / or batplane would arrive too late if even. Bruce would be far too busy fighting for his life. You're really reaching here. You're essentially saying "Batman always wins because PLOT will swoop in and save the day!!". Rubbish.

Next, sonics don't drop Wolverine if that's what you're suggesting. His pain tolerance is second to none. Hulk's thunderclaps have busted his eardrums and caused him irrevocable pain and he shrugged it off. A dude that gets burned alive and keeps fighting, has his guts in his hands and keeps fighting, has his heart displaced in his chest and keeps fighting, is not going down to sonics (plus, he's resisted them before).

And Batman will keep his distance and use freeze batarangs and pellets just like he did with, say, Deathstroke right? It's not his opening volley. He might fall back on these if he knew beforehand what he's facing, he does not here. That's what you fail to understand. If he knew his adversary, if he had prep, I'd say sure, what the heck. This is a random fight.

Batman goes down hard. Stop wanking.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Omega-Man said:

@Super_SoldierXII:

You're completely missing the point. Batman has no idea who Wolverine is and what he can take. It is completely out of character for Batman to use lethal force under such circumstances. It is, however, very much in character for Bruce to come in swinging hand to hand. And he would need lethal force right at the get go to stand a chance. Nothing you've said addresses this at all whatsoever.

Secondly, Batman's used his 'super' magnet all but once. And he had purposefully brought it with him as he knew BEFOREHAND that he was heading out to face a gang with iron masks. It was a preplanned element. Here he has no prep or foreknowledge of his opponent, and there is NOTHING to suggest he carries said magnet on him as standard gear as he's only used it once and, to reiterate, this with prep. Not to even mention the environment he'd need to make said 'magnet' effective. Say he attaches it to a car, the metal frame of a building, a streetlamp or whatever you can fancy in a cityscape, Wolverine could easily and immediately carve his way loose. It's a fail plan regardless.

Thirdly, and once again, he has NO PREP! Which is to say, the batmobile and / or batplane would arrive too late if even. Bruce would be far too busy fighting for his life. You're really reaching here. You're essentially saying "Batman always wins because PLOT will swoop in and save the day!!". Rubbish.

Next, sonics don't drop Wolverine if that's what you're suggesting. His pain tolerance is second to none. Hulk's thunderclaps have busted his eardrums and caused him irrevocable pain and he shrugged it off. A dude that gets burned alive and keeps fighting, has his guts in his hands and keeps fighting, has his heart displaced in his chest and keeps fighting, is not going down to sonics (plus, he's resisted them before).

And Batman will keep his distance and use freeze batarangs and pellets just like he did with, say, Deathstroke right? It's not his opening volley. He might fall back on these if he knew beforehand what he's facing, he does not here. That's what you fail to understand. If he knew his adversary, if he had prep, I'd say sure, what the heck. This is a random fight.

Batman goes down hard. Stop wanking.

All I heard was blah, blah, blah. Nothing you just said made any sense, and you are underselling Bruce's ability to quickly process information, and then formulate a plan on the spot. He uses time tested methods, that have worked on other targets in his past. Unless Wolverine slowly walks up to Bruce smiling, and then swings his claws at him without warning... It would not go down the way you all seem to be suggesting. Bruce has a sharp eye, and an even quicker wit. I think anyone who doesn't think they could tell there is something different about Logan just by looking at the guy, if full of it.

The only way Bruce would go down in this fight more times then James IMHO, is if he was bloodlusted. Wolverine is not going to come at Bruce with any plan in mind either, and that is going to work hard against him... The way it would most likely start is they would square off, circle one another like sharks, that is where this fight would start. Unless Wolverine starts slicing away at Batman with his claws like a maniac, Batman would get a good feel for Logan fairly quick. He would notice that Logan weighed way more then he should, that his claws are metal and sharp as heck, and put two and two together.

I mean if the whole point of this thread is too say... If Wolverine slices Batman's body with his claws, would he bleed and die? Then my answer to that question is yes. Now if the question is can Logan kill the Batman if he doesn't want him to, then my answer to that is no. Also the whole concept of Bruce being able to sneak up on Clark seems to be going over peoples heads as well. The man of steel has way, way, way better senses then Wolverine does. And this is a FEAT that he has consistently been shown as being able to do.

So in my opinion... It goes two ways.

1) Wolverine chops him up bad early on and wins. (Highly doubtful.)

2) Batman gets a feel for Wolverine, there is a good solid exchange, then a pursuit, Batman gets time to formulate a plan, gears up and the real battle begins. (Way more likely.) Now I still think Logan can win here even, but his chances go way down.

I mean also there is the fact that they are in their normal mindset, and the way Batman fights would not cause Logan to rage... The whole fact that Batman fights like a pro, would catch Logan's interest and he would want to see what Bruce has to offer. He has shown this time, and time again. Against people like: Mr. X, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Task Master, ect.

Darkjediprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Darkjediprime

As a fan of both characters...I always wondered what would happen if they ever did meet & fight;

The one thing that bothers me is that everyone mentions Wolverine using his claws......I remember once reading a wolverine story where he said: if hand to hand; then I'll use my hands...if you come at me with a knife or a gun...then you get the claws.....

Both men are masters of many forms of hand to hand, both have face ninja's, masters, and others above their league....

Batman doesn't try to kill; so with that said I feel Wolverine would not use his claws unless Bruce throws Batarangs that break the skin.....Then Bruce might be in trouble

Bruce does the better mind, plus it only took him a short time to deduce that Daredevil relies on his senses of smell & listening the first time they worked together,

Also if you remember the first time Batman & Spiderman worked together: Bruce had already known of Spiderman & Carnage ...So he might already know what he's up against.

But if he doesn't...after a few exchanges of blows....or even a few moves/steps as showed in JLA/Avengers when he first faced Cap, He will know that Wolverine won't go down easy....in which point I would say it's a coin toss as who would win.....Of course if Bruce did know who he was facing & had time to prep then Wolverine doesn't have a chance

Spite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Spite

The real battle would be if each of them took the number of books they appear in and measured them up against each other.

Avatar image for mysterioususername
MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@Spite said:

The real battle would be if each of them took the number of books they appear in and measured them up against each other.

Wolverine wins if we count appearances on covers. :)

abeyance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#184  Edited By abeyance

@bozotheclown44:

Superhuman Strength

Wolverine is superhumanly strong. His strength easily ranges from beyond 800 pounds, but probably no more than 2 tons. Wolverine has swung tree trunks around like baseball bats, held an elevator with one hand, punched into steel while weakened and his blows have knocked out super durable foes like Roughhouse, Caliban and Spider-Man, although he caught the latter with a sucker punch. He has also thrown and lifted several men using on hand with minimal effort. He has also lifted Ursa Major and threw him across a room with little effort.

Superhuman Agility

Wolverine's balance and agility as well as his body coordination is beyond the capabilities of a human being at their peak (Batman) and is well into the superhuman range. Wolverine has also been seen to jump nearly 30ft in the air unassisted.

Enhanced Speed

Wolverine is able to move at low level superhuman speeds. He has attacked faster than the eye could follow and even Spider-Man briefly thought Wolverine was faster than he was in their first fight. His combat speed seems more enhanced then anything else, as he has frequently kept up with Spider-Man in combat, and blitzed people before they pull their trigger fingers.

Superhuman Reflexes

Wolverine possesses enhanced reflexes. He has dodged bullets point blank, machine gun fire and even Cyclops' optic blasts. Most impressively, he was able to tag Speed-Demon in combat before.

Superhuman Stamina

Wolverine's healing factor is able to fight off fatigue toxins allowing Wolverine to exert himself for a long period of time before fatigue builds up. He has been able to fight in Omega Red's death spores for over 17 hours- though he needed medical intervention afterwards.

This is just a small portion of Wolverine's traits which are increased with his rage. Batman would not be fast enough to evade more than three or four swipes of Wolverine's claws. Like I said before if the gadgets don't involve negating his healing factor or using his adamantium skeleton against him, Batman would lose.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@abeyance said:

@bozotheclown44:

Superhuman Strength

Wolverine is superhumanly strong. His strength easily ranges from beyond 800 pounds, but probably no more than 2 tons. Wolverine has swung tree trunks around like baseball bats, held an elevator with one hand, punched into steel while weakened and his blows have knocked out super durable foes like Roughhouse, Caliban and Spider-Man, although he caught the latter with a sucker punch. He has also thrown and lifted several men using on hand with minimal effort. He has also lifted Ursa Major and threw him across a room with little effort.

Superhuman Agility

Wolverine's balance and agility as well as his body coordination is beyond the capabilities of a human being at their peak (Batman) and is well into the superhuman range. Wolverine has also been seen to jump nearly 30ft in the air unassisted.

Enhanced Speed

Wolverine is able to move at low level superhuman speeds. He has attacked faster than the eye could follow and even Spider-Man briefly thought Wolverine was faster than he was in their first fight. His combat speed seems more enhanced then anything else, as he has frequently kept up with Spider-Man in combat, and blitzed people before they pull their trigger fingers.

Superhuman Reflexes

Wolverine possesses enhanced reflexes. He has dodged bullets point blank, machine gun fire and even Cyclops' optic blasts. Most impressively, he was able to tag Speed-Demon in combat before.

Superhuman Stamina

Wolverine's healing factor is able to fight off fatigue toxins allowing Wolverine to exert himself for a long period of time before fatigue builds up. He has been able to fight in Omega Red's death spores for over 17 hours- though he needed medical intervention afterwards.

This is just a small portion of Wolverine's traits which are increased with his rage. Batman would not be fast enough to evade more than three or four swipes of Wolverine's claws. Like I said before if the gadgets don't involve negating his healing factor or using his adamantium skeleton against him, Batman would lose.

Look at the guys that Batman has taken down in his first time encounters? None of this is new, or that impressive when you compare the credentials... I mean for krips sake, you guys are looking at this dang thing like a UFC fight for crying out loud. Do any of you even read comic books? How many times have the stronger, faster, more agile guy, been dropped by the guy with the more cunning intellect? The answer is... All too often. I am not saying Wolverine can't win, I am just saying Batman can, and IMHO, would. I mean when you look at the freaks Batman faces on a weekly bases, Wolverines claws and senses don't really add up to much.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Omega-Man

@Super_SoldierXII:

Yes he hasn't got prep, I never said he had prep time. I mearly stated Batman actually improvises and plans on the spot. He has done it countless times even against people he hasn't met before, hell Batman gets out of Riddler's death traps without knowing what he's going into before hand ((Thats WITHOUT PREP time)). How is wolverine going to get to him after they trade about 4 or 5 blows and he works out that Wolverine is above human and his claws are very affective, and moves to a different playing field? can wolverine fly now? How am I reaching if it's in character of batman to do this? True Wolverine has taken massive damage before and kept walking on, but Batman doesn't have to inflict damage if he parks the Batmobile on top of him or blows a wall on top of him and he's trapped under 2 to 3 tons worth of rubble or even the batmobile on top of him ((Even Wolverine parked a Jeep on top of Sabertooth before to stop him)). How is it out of character when Batman does this even to random meta human's he hasn't faced before?

The Sound weapon isn't to knock him out, it's to slow him down for the next part of the strategie. That is what Batman's character DOES, He isn't going to stand there and let Wolverine stab him. The magnet being pre planned? Yeah like an idiot wouldn't pack a gadget like that, that can disarm gunmen in one move. Besides he's packed a magnetic Batarang in another comic series that did just that.

And Batman will keep his distance and use freeze batarangs and pellets just like he did with, say, Deathstroke right? It's not his opening volley. He might fall back on these if he knew beforehand what he's facing, he does not here.

It doesn't have to be his opening volley Batman's not going to get stabbed in the opening few moves if you think that then you don't consider alot of things on characters in comics. And you miss the point of Batman's character able to plan things and buy time while on the spot, like I stated before Batman has faced Meta human's before he hasn't met and defeated them first encounter, and has done lethal force during the battle when he works out how strong they are, he did it against a drug crazed lunatic who was ripping stone walls apart with his bare hands and even the batmobile barely stopped that guy.

Batman has no prep time but he doesn't need it, it's why he's called The World's Greatest Detective he notices things that even other detectives don't and then forms a plan and buys time in enact that plan. Thats how Batman works. With prep time Batman makes specialized weapons or suits to combat that threat, without prep he deduces weaknesses in mid battle and forms a plan based on what he sees and notices said attacker has.

Where Wolverine's character is concerned he heals fast has really great physical attributes, is a great hand to hand fighter and has an unbreakable skeleton. Yes they are all great but he uses zero tactics or minds his surroundings where Batman does.

Oh and BTW Batman isn't my top favourite character either so I'm not wanking over him thank you.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#187  Edited By TheCannon

Anyone who says Batman has a chance is trolling. Wolverine stomps. None of Batman's gadgets or skills are going to help against Wolverine's healing factor. Even if Wolverine somehow couldn't beat him normally (which he could), he couldn't be stopped due to the healing factor. Batman eventually just become exhausted and...

bye bye Batman.

And I'm sick of people saying he always wins. It's just ridiculous. I don't care how much prep he has, there's nothing he's going to do to a guy like Thor or Hulk.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good article.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Omega-Man

@Naamah_Obyzouth said:

@abeyance said:

@bozotheclown44:

Superhuman Strength

Superhuman Agility

Enhanced Speed

Superhuman Reflexes

Superhuman Stamina

Look at the guys that Batman has taken down in his first time encounters? None of this is new, or that impressive when you compare the credentials... I mean for krips sake, you guys are looking at this dang thing like a UFC fight for crying out loud. Do any of you even read comic books? How many times have the stronger, faster, more agile guy, been dropped by the guy with the more cunning intellect? The answer is... All too often. I am not saying Wolverine can't win, I am just saying Batman can, and IMHO, would. I mean when you look at the freaks Batman faces on a weekly bases, Wolverines claws and senses don't really add up to much.

@Naamah_Obyzouth:

It's sad really that people think wolverine is just going to be bloodthursty and walk up to Batman and take his head off. Even the statement about Wolverine's strength Batman has kicked full trees in half with one kick and kicked down Steel doors with one kick. They call batman peak human but really I'd say he's a little beyond peak human if a man can kick down a full tree and steel doors and dodges gun fire on a regular bases.

And none of them take into account Batman's tactics and his deduction powers.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@Omega-Man : It's because none of them have any deduction skills themselves... It's a whole bunch of one sided, huff puff bravado bull crap. They are using ABC logic, which never works when dealing with these kinds of match ups. One are supposed to look at all of the feats. Not just the physical ones, not just the combat... Every possible element that could be used, and Batman has many skills. Also not many are taking the characters morels into account. Like you said Wolverine is not going to just try to cut Batman's head off at the start, he only does that when he knows he is facing a bad guy. He never pulled that crap on any of the hero vs hero match-ups, that I can think of. Unless weapons or a HULK were involved, and Batman is no HULK.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Omega-Man

@Naamah_Obyzouth:

The characters morals is a strong part, Wolverine doesn't just take people's heads off randomly unless he knows they are trying to kill him. Since when does Wolverine do that? never. But yes alot saying Wolverine beats the crap out of batman and kills him are just trolling and don't have any deduction skills of their own like you said. They obviously only buy comics to look at the pictures rather than read the character.

And like you, I'm not saying Wolverine Can't win. But rather he has less chance and options to win than batman does due to character skill. Alot think they are in a UFC cage and batman has no options to move or test Wolverine. Which is down right stupid.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@Omega-Man :Exactly... Sense when has Batman ever shown us that hand to hand combat is his only option? The guy creates new options on the fly, and has pulled off larger more seemingly impossible feats then taking out Wolverine, consistently has shown this in his history. Wolverine vs Thanos, no one would question it at all Thanos would win. Batman vs Darkseid... We have seen Batman take him down... I am not saying this is proof, because it is not. I am just saying the guy deserves some credit. He would most likely brawl with Logan a little at first, and then decide quickly, that it is not a good idea. That is when he would find a way to buy himself some time to form a plan, and then the real fight would begin. Could go either way, but if I were to bet. My money would be on Batman.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Omega-Man

@Naamah_Obyzouth:

Well look at it this way the JLA/Avengers comic when Batman squared off against Captain America. He knew the shield of his was a weapon and a good one at that. So he stopped him getting to it and traded a few blows and after about 2 or 3 moves he deduced that Cap had more stamina than himself so he says to him "It's conceivable you can beat me but it would take you a long long time" And that was just from 2 to 3 moves. Batman's greatest power is his detective skills. If he can detect Caps stamina from only a few moves he can detect anything.

crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By crabtree

Wolverine destroys him.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

BATMAN lost? what is this treachery?

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#196  Edited By blackkitty

Actually, this is normally the case. Batman frequently loses his first encounter cause he hasn't had time to study and learn. I guarantee you, Batman would escape the encounter, go back to the bat cave and when next they meet, Batman would be the victor.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#197  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I agree with this. If Batman had prep I believe he would probably have a better chance, but in a random encounter I'd give it to Wolverine.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@blackkitty said:

Actually, this is normally the case. Batman frequently loses his first encounter cause he hasn't had time to study and learn. I guarantee you, Batman would escape the encounter, go back to the bat cave and when next they meet, Batman would be the victor.

That is not true. Batman actually has a very good winning % for his first time encounters, it is Wolverine who has a bad first encounters history. Logan has been jobbed many times in the past in his first to fights. Bruce may retreat to do research, or the bad guy may find a way to slip away but he rarely ever loses his first time encounters. Only Bane in the Knightfall series, and the horrific Batman films history does this happen, and we don't use Movies here we use Comics.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By difficlus

From the court of owls we have seen that Bruce can take one hell of a beating and still survive, he was locked underground for 2 weeks with no food and very little water even after been seriously injured to keep him going and he still fought his way out of the owls' labyrinth and defeated the talon sent to kill him. He has taken tremendous punishment including impalement and kept going. He can put up a hell of a fight that will stun wolverine to the point of reverence but unless he uses the magnet or something first hand he will go down more often than not. Still a terrific fight.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

It saddens me how many people have tunnel vision, and how much they don't know their characters. >.>

I am going to bow out of this discussion soon most likely because I can see that people just cannot seem to understand that fights do not just mean physical combat. There is nothing that says these two are blood lusted or anything like that. Wolverine is not the crazed brutal animal he once was... This fight would most likely end well after it started, and Batman would most likely be the one to end it by means of his cunning. I mean there is no rule that says Bruce cannot simply talk Logan down, and reason with him. Which IMHO there is a 60% chance likeliness to happen. We have always seen this in the past, Bruce always has a little heart to heart with his opponents to try and see reason in their madness. And in these crossovers it is always a misunderstanding. The one that convinces the other one that the fight is pointless and stupid, is the winner. That is just one of those extra little details I was speaking about that no one else even considered.