• 168 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (36433 posts) 11 months, 23 days ago

Poll: Does Batman Always Win? 2.0 VOTING: Taskmaster vs. Batman (537 votes)

Taskmaster 41%
Batman 51%
Too close to call 7%

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc..
  • All characters have standard gear. For Taskmaster, this does NOT include the wrist gauntlet from his first mini, nor does he have double-speed.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.

Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

• My extended thoughts on the match.
  • A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
  • If we're lucky, blurbs on the battle from industry talent.
#101 Posted by Ratchet_fan (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Task would win. Funny I don't know much about him, but batman is always doing the same thing. He's predictable

#102 Posted by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe: he doesn't have a photographic memory he has photographic reflexes, which means he can copy moves and fighting styles not intelligence. His memory actually runs out as he increases his knowledge in combat. So Batman actually does have more intelligence

#103 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh still going with Batman

#104 Edited by JayAaerow (450 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Batman

While he can copy his moves and match Batman, Batman is an Master Martial artist and knowing over 100+ Martial Arts.He can easily switch things up. And from what I recall, Taskmaster cannot always perfectly imitate. And Some Martial Arts require a sort of underlying discipline to understand. Simply copying it will only get you so far. That's why he almost drown when he saw someone dive but didn't know how to swim. Martial Arts works in the same way. You can copy it but that doesn't mean you master it. Granted, Taskmaster has learned so much from other Martial Artist....but so has Batman. Batman, unlike Taskmaster, didn't watch videos. He learned it. Disciplines and all. Taskmaster simply has copied it and remember it. The fact he can do that though is impressive, indeed. And I agree with people saying he can match him strength, speed, agility wise. his Copying ability will allow him to do that. And Equipment wise, they're even.

However, many people are using the "Copying ability" as a trump-card as to why he wins when the ability for him does have it's flaws. He can only go by what he's seen others do. He doesn't actually 100% learn a Martial Art and Master it. And character who were familiar with this ability or became unpredictable have beaten him before. If he decided to copy Batman's move, who employs his own personal style, Batman will know and change things up. And If he decided not to copy Batman's move, the most he would do then is try to find weakness in it and use other's Martial Arts. But Batman can easily change styles and switch around.

Overall, Batman is the superior Martial Artist. And so is most of the people he copies. It's just he copies so many people overtime that he can switch up and use it against others and copy in addition to what he has already. But, his copying ability isn't foolproof and has flaws that Batman can exploited and some others have. That's why I chose Batman as a victor.

And No, Batman doesn't always win. He's still human and is vulnerable to everything a human is(So is Taskmaster). And that's the case with most people in comics(except the entities and all). The reason why people say he seems always wins come from the fact that 1) Whenever he fights, he doesn't just go fight. He observes. He finds and exploits any weakness. If he fights a meta human who uses fire, he will use water or a fire extinguisher. Many people act like he doesn't fight superhumans. He does and beats then with intellect and not just fists. Yes, he's technically a Master Ninja thing, but he still needs to use his intellect and skill simultaneously to pull of his wins. With that being said, So does Taskmaster. He's a street leveler who can go around with Superhumans, too. His tactician mind along with the moves he copied over time lets him be able to do so. And both are just able equal.

To reiterate, The reason why I choose Batman is simply this: While Taskmaster will give him a very good fight, the fact he has an exploitable weakness to what enables him to lose the battle and others have done so. There's no reason why Batman won't exploit this. And this exploit has costed him before and cannot be covered up easily. While from the comments here, I conclude they're even, this one weakness to his copying ability(which is somewhat crucial for him to be able to put up a fight) can be used by Batman and he has what it takes to pull off a win.

#105 Edited by Shadowsnake89 (409 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we counting Taskmaster;'s second mini-series? I remember in that one he was able to unload all of his techniques in one combo. Whether he takes it or not, in my opinion, is if he already has all of his former copied skills and his sword, shield, and bow. With these three weapons he can duplicate the greatest marksman in the Marvel Universe and Captain America, who pulled a draw against Batman in an earlier battle and even bested him in the crossover comic. In the end I think Taskmaster can take the fight.

#106 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (4696 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster has my vote.

#107 Posted by Bud_El (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Taskmaster on this just for fun, but Batman wins. They're equal on practically every level except for 2 things. Batman is stronger and Taskmaster is faster, and their "powers". While Taskmaster is able to copy any action he sees perfectly, Batman's unsung superpower is the ability to effectively predict what his opponent is about to do. "But Bats hasn't ever studied Taskmaster before!" This is true, but Taskmaster only knows fighting styles that are known to Batman (not counting Marvel exclusive fighting styles). Therefore, Batman has studied Taskmaster's fighting styles. Batman is always a step ahead while Taskmaster's power puts him a step behind. As much as I hate to say it...Batman wins. When will we get an Iron Man vs. Batman debate!?!?! Ya'll could call it "A Battle of Genius!!"

#108 Edited by kcvic (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats against the marvel version of deathstroke? So if bats can't beat Slade how would he beat Taskmaster?

#109 Posted by blueninjapanther (672 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebourneposter:

You basically sum up why Batman will win. Its going to be a close but I feel that Batman has the edge. Taskmaster is a great fighter but Batman has fought many skilled people and learns many martial arts along the way in becoming batman whereas Taskmaster just copies the fights whoever he comes in contact with. Maybe Batman can blind taskmaster sight, so he won't copy his moves.

#110 Posted by Mellow_Hype (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats wins gadgets beat taskmaster.

#111 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with "Too Close to Call".

Batman vs Taskmaster is on my list of awesomest, would-be battles. Taskmaster is one of my favorite characters, but Bats is no push over. Both men regularly take on opponents well above their level and win through skill and ingenuity. Who would defeat the other could all come down to one or two lucky hits.

It's unfortunate that Tasky has gotten a reputation as a jobber. One of the pitfalls of being a powerful character with not much popularity. It makes them an easy target for writers to use to show how tough THEIR character is. Juggernaut and Wolverine have done their fair share of taking a fall in the name of boosting their opponents' rep.

#112 Posted by Owie (3621 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats' tactical smarts and determination will give him the win eventually.

#113 Posted by Cyrusdread190 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously!?!?! The taskmaster know practically every fighting style there is. Batman is good ill give him that....but the taskamaster would be too much for him. For those of you voting for batman....you should really read about taskamaster. He would learn all batmans moves in an instant and make him his b$&@%.

#114 Edited by ThatOneKidWhoLikesComics (58 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Batman. Honestly, I do - but Taskmaster has the moves of Marvel's greatest heroes under his belt. Hawkeye's aim, Ironfists' moves, etc. If he watches Batman for long enough - or actually I do believe within a few seconds, he could have Batman's moves down to memory. It would be like Batman vs Batman; and we all know that Batman vs Batman ends in a draw. Then he could use a Marvel move on him and take him out. So, uh, there.

#115 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

People keep talking about Batman's huge tactical advantage as if Taskmaster hasn't lead several, mostly covert, strike teams before..

#116 Posted by blackkitty (317 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm with Taskmaster and here's why. Batman has trained extensively yes, but Taskmaster has mastered the fighting styles of all the world's best super hero fighters. Batman was defeated by Lady Shiva, indicating he's a great fighter, but he's not the best. Taskmaster spends all his time studying every hero and mastering their fighting techniques. If Tasky encountered Batman, it would assume he's a known hero and this Taskmaster would have studied him, but if not, he has studied Captain America and from their brief encounter, Batman and Cap estimated they are equals. Task is equally good enough to fight Batman to delay long enough to study and gain his skill and Taskmaster carries on his person weapons which almost equal the heroes he fights and used with equal skill, so, in this case I have to go with Taskmaster.

#117 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Realistically, knowing (or mimicing) someone's skills and techniques does not really translate to having the proper mentality and conditioning to successfully employ those skills. Tasky may copy whatever Bats may know, but basing everything on instinct as to when it is best executed will not be that much easy for Tasky. So yeah, Bats it is.

#118 Edited by i_like_swords (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie said:

Realistically, knowing (or mimicing) someone's skills and techniques does not really translate to having the proper mentality and conditioning to successfully employ those skills. Tasky may copy whatever Bats may know, but basing everything on instinct as to when it is best executed will not be that much easy for Tasky. So yeah, Bats it is.

Saying Batman is "tactical" is a cop out.

Taskmaster isn't going to employ Batmans skills against him. That would be stupid. He learns them, then counters them. Then Batman eventually begins to run out of new techniques, while Taskmaster has his own personal martial art, as well as the styles of several top tier MU martial artists under his belt. Styles Batman has no experience with.

Saying Taskmaster will use Batmans skills against him, or that Batman is "tactical", or that Batmans gear will bring him the win is just false, and completely overlooks all the advantages Taskmaster brings to the table.

#119 Posted by MatteoPG (1921 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate to make Batman win because people just say he can defeat anyone (including seriously superpowered beings... but let's not touch that today), but I think this one goes to the Wayne heir. Let's go ahead an consider some points:

RESILIENCE: we have seen Taskmaster take on people stronger than him (in terms of pure physical prowess), but we can all agree that coming out on top is not something he is known for. He is a little too arrogant and, although he is skilled, he does not have that peak form batman has. We have seen the dark knight stand up from some amazingly brutal beatings (Court of the Owls, and Knightfall), even at the hands of some uber-strong people. I think that Bruce is more trained to withstand physical abuse. If it ever came to a close hand to hand and they slugged it out, I would give an advantage to Batman, if we just consider who would go down last.

WEAPONRY: I know TM has a lot of stuff with him and he can use all of it at its best, but that's not enough. Batman may not have firearms but we know he can take people who use them skillfully (Deadshot, Deadstroke). He uses more subtle equipment, that would give him a tactical advantage, distractions, fatiguing the opponent. Of course TM has a lot of arrows in his quiver (metaphorically and literally) so he would not become predictable in a fight. Still, Batman can use what gadgets he has with much more strategy, and I think that trumps sheer skill and variety. It would be close, and it wouldn't be easy, but I think Batman could make better use of an indirect fight, which he has the opportunity to set up.

FIGHTING SKILLS: this is weird. Batman is excellent, one of the best fighters, but TM has seen and absorbed Captain America, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Elektra... the finest in the MU. He has a much more varied arsenal. I know some of you will say that he could anticipate Batman's moves once he has seen him fight, but it's not like Batman knows one style: he has mastered for years a lot of different martial arts and he is the best at adapting to new situations, so I don't think that would be much of a factor in the short run. Although, in the long run, having to change your style and avoid certain strikes and poses makes your fighting less fluid and less efficient. All that being said, I think the main factor would be that TM could simply adopt the best moves for any situation, and he has much more lethal and diverse weapons for close quarter combat. I would say that TM comes out on top.

STRATEGY AND OTHER STUFF: TM is able to execute superhuman feats, we have seen him doing it rarely, but we also know that it puts a huge strain on his body. So, if he does it, he may score some great blows, but I don't think he would win, because we all know that Batman would take it slow at the beginning: he is very resilient and takes a cautious approach at the start of any fight, so he would not be open for deadly blows from anyone, not even someone with heightened speed. I think that if TM goes for superhuman speed in an initial burst, he may wound Batman, but the subsequent fight would be in favor of the Dark Knight.
So what's left is a fight between them with no particular enhancements. I think Batman would retreat at first, while we have seen TM almost always taking more direct approaches. He is skilled and can combine his moves well, but he is not a master tactician. After being able to exchange some blows, Batman would realize that taking him head on would be far too dangerous, plus, he would notice how cocky TM is about his abilities and would know how to goad him into a trap.
He would have to be extremely careful: you let TM score a strike too many, you might find yourself incapacitated for the next part of the plan. But Batman has triumphed in strategy over R'as al Ghul and the Riddler, both way smarter than TM, though less resourcefull.

MY VOTE: I cast my vote on Batman. If they were in a small room with no way out, he would almost certainly lose; but he has a urban environment to retreat to and a headstrong but hasty opponent. Skill may be almost on par, actually, on TM's side, but I think that when two opponents are physically equal or in that vicinity, the match ends up with the smarter one winning, and we all know who that is.

So, I'm sorry for boring you, but I guess if you are bored by this stuff you wouldn't even have opened this page :)

#120 Edited by metalpsips (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Im giving this to Taskmaster.The reasons:

Taskmaster,being able to duplicate thousands of moves needs to be in perfect shape(not just good as someone said).In fact,seeing Taskmaster able to execute Spiderman's leaps,Daredevil's maneuvers and Iron Fist's techniques perfectly,is surely something that shows how perfectly trained his body is.Batman is also extremely trained,and has exercised for years and years,but still,Taskmaster has the edge in my opinion.His body was meant to be in top shape to make him able execute moves.As for the speed,Taskmaster is sure the winner in that

As for the arsenal,Im not sure.Batman has all sorts of small little gadgets and tricks,but most of them are not enough to stop Taskmaster.He has counter moves as well as the smartness to not allow Batman to use them the way he wants.Taskmaster has a great arsenal as well,but I believe that the shield and the arrows are the only usefull against Batman.I will give this to Taskmaster though,just for the fact that he has trained exclusively to use these weapons like a master.

In the mental and strategic aspects,I will give it to Batman for sure.Taskmaster is not stupid,but Batman is superior in that for sure.No need to say more.

I believe that Batman,a man who knows hundreds of martial arts,against Taskmaster,a man who knows even more,and counter each martial arts he faces,is a tough battle.A tough battle for both,but Taskmaster has the edge I believe.I give a 9/10 to Taskmaster and a 5/10 to Batman,just for the fact that Batman is genius.

#121 Posted by Jayc1324 (9668 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen anything that convinces me taskmaster can win. Batman knows the counters to all of his own moves, and once he figures out he's being copies he will use smoke bombs or his speed to avoid being seen clearly. And his gadgets Fauves him the edge he needs. Taskmaster can't copy one of batmans moves after he does it if the move puts him on the ground.

#122 Posted by TheBlackHood (293 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcvic said:

Bats against the marvel version of deathstroke? So if bats can't beat Slade how would he beat Taskmaster?

Batman has beat Deathstroke before. Also, Slade is physically stronger, faster, and tougher than humanly possible while Taskmaster is human except for his photographic reflexes. The biggest issue I'm having with the argument for Taskmaster (who is one of my favorite Marvel villains) is that people are arguing that he copies "fighting styles" while he really just copies "moves". This is a pretty difference. If Batman hits him with a kick from a specific fighting style, that means Taskmaster can now copy that "kick" not the entire style. So unless that fighting style is comprised of a single kick it would require Taskmaster to have seen every move to copy. And just like Marvel has different martial arts styles, so does DC. The styles are pretty dependent on the masters that created them, so unless Taskmaster has spent time in the DCU he would have to rely on what he can duplicate from Marvel. I still think this would be a close fight, but I take knowledge and study of a style over just being able to copy moves you've seen.

#123 Edited by gunmetalgrey (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

@theblackhood: I think you're selling Taskmaster a little short there. He doesn't just rely entirely on his ability whenever he fights. It takes advanced knowledge and mastery of fight mechanics to chain multiple styles into one move to improve it (i.e. when he transitions between Daredevil and Spider-Man in mid-jump). He's also taken the best of what each of the styles he's copied the moves of with the perfect balance to create his own style. He's known to watch several videos, both real and fictional material, to study up on styles he's interested in to use. Batman would be hard-pressed to play a guessing game of which moves Taskmaster has probably never seen before to throw him off seeing as he's arguably seen as many, if not more. The problem with fighting Taskmaster is that the more disciplined and trained you are in fighting, the more predictable you are to him.

#124 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

Had to go with Batman on this one

#125 Posted by The Lobster (1485 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta vote for Taskmaster on this one.

Taskmaster remembers the fighting skills and techniques of some of the best fighters in the Marvel universe. That's a collection including Captain America, Deadpool, Wolverine, Iron-Fist, Moon-Knight, Daredevil etc. Plus he can switch back and forth between styles instantly. It'd be like Batman was fighting the entire marvel universe itself. Batman's not THAT good.

Plus Taskmaster has the abilities to do stuff in an almost super-speed if he watches the fighting style on a DVD as he fast forwards. Plus Batman would be toast only a few minutes of fighting. Taskmaster would absorb his fighting style and than use it against him.

The only way I could see Batman winning this is through gadgets.

#126 Posted by DeathandGrim (2010 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean Task has a sword and Shield

But Bats has given Deathstroke a run for his money so I'm going for the Bat

#127 Edited by MatteoPG (1921 posts) - - Show Bio

People, please remember that the rules state that Taskmaster can't use his super speed.

#128 Posted by MatteoPG (1921 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_lobster_: Exactly... he does have gadgets and will use them. And remember, Taskmaster can't use any superspeed.

#129 Edited by The Lobster (1485 posts) - - Show Bio

@matteopg said:

@the_lobster_: Exactly... he does have gadgets and will use them. And remember, Taskmaster can't use any superspeed.

Fair enough, but still. Taskmaster has the fighting skills of pretty much everyone in the Marvel universe. Like I said, this fight is pretty much exactly like Captain America, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Daredevil, Iron Fist, etc. fighting Batman. Eventually Batman would be fighting himself as well.

I really doubt he's THAT good of a fighter to take on the skills of Cap, Hawk, Logan, Matt, and IronFist all at once.

#130 Posted by GST1976 (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebourneposter: pure PIS and writer wanking. 31st century galaxy wide martial arts>> 127 styles, KK should wipe the mat with Bats AND Taskmaster in seconds.

This, but Taskmaster should still beat Batman. Especially in a first time encounter.

#131 Posted by i_like_swords (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords said:

@raw_material said:

@sync1 said:

I thought about it, and i have decided that Batman wins this in my opinion.

Let's take a look at it step by step:

In the skill department, Taskmaster is quite versatile. He has the knowledge of very skilled people, for example: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Black Widow IIRC, and even Spiderman. But, Batman also knows a vast amount of different martial arts. Taskmaster has a slight edge in skill.

Although, Batman has the tactical advantage. He has the ability to adapt. I see him taking note of Taskmaster's changing styles of martial art, then using technology to take him down kind of like he did to Prometheus. What makes it worse, is that this is a city setting which gives Batman an even bigger advantage. He was once able to evade Jay Garrick. So overall, Taskmaster is more skilled in fighting skill, but Batman comes back with tactics and battlefield advantage, giving him the overall edge in skill.

In the physical department, Taskmaster comes out with impressive speed similar to that of Daredevil and Spiderman. But, Batman makes up for this with strength. Not to mention Batman is agile himself, making speed not enough of a factor to have the edge over Batman. This is an even game.

In the equipment department, Batman comes out with high-tech gadgets and gizmos. This gives him the advantage over Taskmaster. But, Taskmaster is highly skilled with his gear (having the Prowess of Hawkeye, Bullseye, Punisher, etc). Although, Batman is a consistent bullet dodger, and his gear is a lot more versatile than Taskmaster's; giving the edge to Batman.

Summary:

• Skill: Taskmaster is more skilled, but Batman's tactics and battlefield advantage gives him the edge.
  • Physicals: They are about even, with Taskmaster being faster and Batman being stronger.
  • Equipment: Batman gets the edge here, due to it being more versatile.
  • Overall: Batman wins. Battlefield advantage is VERY important, and with his ability to adapt to different situations and having the firepower to take TM down, Batman wins.

So to answer your question, Batman always wins. So far, at least. (don't take this too literally, i don't feel like getting raged at).

Forgetting to answer for the fact Taskmaster will begin to read Batman like a book the longer they fight.

Forgetting to answer for the fact that "tactics" mean very little when not applied with any evidence. Countless times people have spewed out "Batman is more tactical" as a cop out for him winning a fight. Being "tactical" is something that is thrown around too much and something I don't buy. Doesn't take away from one advantage Taskmaster has over Batman.

Forgetting to answer for the fact Taskmaster can react like Daredevil making Batmans equipment redundant.

Forgetting to answer for the fact Taskmaster can shoot like Hawkeye and Punisher and eventually, like Batman himself.

Lol, I see what sync is saying, being tactical meaning possessing strategical tactics that will be help him turn the odds in the battle. Your just going out of proportion to write this, pretty funny. But I agree what your saying too though.

"Possessing strategical tactics" what does that even mean? Seriously, please translate into some way that can be applied to this battle and I'll stop scoffing at all these people who say Batman is "tactical" and therefore wins. Until then it's just empty statements. What if I say Taskmaster has "strategical tactics" too? Lol

And you also used the phrase "going out of proportion" wrongly there. What "proportion" was I going out of?

#132 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: What's funny is that Taskmaster has been either the instructor or field commander of more than a couple of teams so he actually does have some credible tactical chops. People need to read more Taskmaster.

#133 Posted by Elm (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster got beaten by Moon Knight, Batman would win for sure...

#134 Posted by i_like_swords (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: What's funny is that Taskmaster has been either the instructor or field commander of more than a couple of teams so he actually does have some credible tactical chops. People need to read more Taskmaster.

Whereas Batman has a team of teenagers who either die or get pissed off and leave him.. yeah Taskmaster wins.

#135 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: And as someone already mentioned, he held his own against the combined tactical might of two Captain Americas! You can't get much more tactical than that!

#136 Posted by mkukie68 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Close but I gotta go with Bats

#137 Posted by i_like_swords (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: And as someone already mentioned, he held his own against the combined tactical might of two Captain Americas! You can't get much more tactical than that!

Yeah! Dey been in wars too so dey must be real tactically strategical!1!

#138 Posted by i_like_swords (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@mkukie68 said:

Close but I gotta go with Bats

@elm said:

Taskmaster got beaten by Moon Knight, Batman would win for sure...

I mean Task has a sword and Shield

But Bats has given Deathstroke a run for his money so I'm going for the Bat

@jayc1324 said:

I haven't seen anything that convinces me taskmaster can win. Batman knows the counters to all of his own moves, and once he figures out he's being copies he will use smoke bombs or his speed to avoid being seen clearly. And his gadgets Fauves him the edge he needs. Taskmaster can't copy one of batmans moves after he does it if the move puts him on the ground.

Bats wins gadgets beat taskmaster.

So many nooby posters.. I bet none of these guys have gone as far to even google Taskmaster before making their vote. Popularity > Anything else

#139 Posted by Jayc1324 (9668 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: If you're saying that I don't know anything about taskmaster then you are wrong. These battles aren't fun if you don't learn about batmans opponent and think out the battle. Just because you disagree doesn't make me a nooby poster

#140 Posted by i_like_swords (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: You obviously didn't think out the battle if you thought Taskmasters ultimate game plan would be to copy Batmans own moves. Why would he do that? Batman obviously knows his own moves. And really? A smoke bomb is going to be Taskmasters downfall?

I have no problem with someone having a different opinion but when you base it on things like that it really bugs me. This has been a popularity contest thus far.

#141 Posted by mkukie68 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Sorry I don't feel like vomiting every opinion I have on the Internet like you obviously do.

#142 Edited by i_like_swords (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@mkukie68: You're pathetic.. "vomiting every opinion" okay doke then. It's a public thread, and the purpose of it is to debate. By all means, if you want to go vomit somewhere I'm not stopping you.

#143 Posted by Jayc1324 (9668 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: This is what made sense to me: Taskmaster would want to copy his moves at first to show batman what he can do. That's his main power right? He has an ego and would want to show off to bats. After batman realizes he is fighting a guy that can copy him he will change up his moves since he knows 127 martial arts.

Eventually taskmaster will see that he is a good fighter and will keep changing ad coming back. Then Taskmaster will use all his skills from spiderman and captain america and everyone and overwhelm batman.

Once this happens batman will employ his gadgets to give him an edge. What can taskmaster do if he can see the fists after a smoke bomb? Or if he gets tazed in th neck? Or gets hit with anesthetic gas?

Kraken black panther and dredd beat batman and they are not as popular so not all of these are popularity contests

#144 Edited by i_like_swords (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Tell me: how many Taskmaster comics have you read? I mean obviously loads since you know so much about his personality, right?

No. Taskmaster wouldn't instinctively copy Batman. That's stupid. Anyone can counter their own move.

Yeah, the point here is, Taskmaster has taken smidges from some of the best martial artists in Marvel, all of who give Batman serious trouble. Batman won't be able to keep up with Daredevil, Cap, Spider-Man ect all at the same time. While he's contending with all of these styles he also has to change his own, which takes effort. He'll find it difficult to constantly have to change his style to fend off Taskmasters counter attacks.

"What can Taskmaster do if can see the fists after a smoke bomb?" I don't know, you tell me. What CAN he do if he can see the fists after a smoke bomb? *Throws dictionary at face*

Yes, Taskmaster is going to sit there and let Batman load him up with gas or taze him. LOL. Completely disregarding Taskmasters reaction speed and his own ranged gadgets, which will keep Batman on his heels.

#145 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

Kraken black panther and dredd beat batman and they are not as popular so not all of these are popularity contests

Those match-ups were in the form of neither a poll nor a debate. They were just the analyses and opinions of a member of the Vine staff. Batman could well have won those otherwise.

#146 Posted by SunWukong (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster, but thats only because we aren't able to give Batman any prep time. Taskmaster may be good, but he's not as good of a strategist as Batman so Batman could probably find a weakness in Taskmaster. However, in a random encounter Taskmaster would have the edge on Batman since he can copy Batman's moves after he uses them and he could also find ways to counter some of Batmans gadgets after seeing how they work.

#147 Posted by Owie (3621 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie said:

@ssejllenrad said:

Saying Batman is "tactical" is a cop out.

Taskmaster isn't going to employ Batmans skills against him. That would be stupid. He learns them, then counters them. Then Batman eventually begins to run out of new techniques, while Taskmaster has his own personal martial art, as well as the styles of several top tier MU martial artists under his belt. Styles Batman has no experience with.

Saying Taskmaster will use Batmans skills against him, or that Batman is "tactical", or that Batmans gear will bring him the win is just false, and completely overlooks all the advantages Taskmaster brings to the table.

It's not a cop out. They're both going to be at very high levels of skill. Arguably, Batman as as much skill as any individual whom Taskmaster has copied, with the probable exception of Iron Fist. So even if Taskmaster has copied all those guys' skill, it doesn't matter. It's just a greater range of skill. The total amount of depth of skill doesn't change--it's only as deep as the original guys at their best. You keep saying he has to keep up with all these Marvel heroes at the same time, but that's not the case. It's one guy with a wide range of high-level skill. Batman also has a wide range of high-level skill. So from my point of view, they are more or less at the same skill level, with a slight edge to Taskmaster. Taskmaster may well have some tactical abilities, but he's also often played as a loser who screws things up and runs away. Batman, on the other hand, is the absolute master of not screwing up and not running away. He is clearly a higher level tactician than Taskmaster, and almost anyone else in comics. He also clearly has a higher level of determination than Taskmaster. When you've got two guys who are so close in skill level, other factors become predominate. In this case, those factors give Batman an edge.

#148 Edited by Jayc1324 (9668 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Batman doesn't need people to let him smoke bomb them. He just throws it in his face. And yes I have read that he is arrogant. If batman cant keep up than he will use his gadgets. Why would taskmaster copy him? If he doesn't than there isn't anything special about this fight. Batman can find a weakness. He won't find changing his fighting difficult, he's trained for that. We obviously have different opinions but logically batman would win. Gadgets gadgets gadgets.

#149 Edited by Jayc1324 (9668 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunmetalgrey: Im not understanding you. The dredd one was a poll for sure, I voted in it.

#150 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: IIRC, those were the movie versions involved which have no bearing on this version being used here, so I have no idea why that one was brought up.

The Kraven, Black Panther, etc. threads on the other hand, were the cases which I described. Popularity had nothing to do with them since the opinions and analyses of just one person determined the winner of those matches.