• 168 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (45986 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Does Batman Always Win? 2.0 VOTING: Taskmaster vs. Batman (538 votes)

Taskmaster 41%
Batman 51%
Too close to call 7%

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc..
  • All characters have standard gear. For Taskmaster, this does NOT include the wrist gauntlet from his first mini, nor does he have double-speed.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.

Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

• My extended thoughts on the match.
  • A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
  • If we're lucky, blurbs on the battle from industry talent.
#51 Edited by dondave (38007 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I'm gonna need to look up Taskmaster's feats. He's lost to people like Cap and Deadpool before and I rate those two below Batman in terms of skill. It's just a case of whether his other mimic abilities will come into play.

He only lost to Deadpool because his fighting style was too erratic for him, i don't recall him losing to Captain America. he's taken on Steve and Bucky at the same time seem pretty even until there bout was interrupted

#52 Edited by GrandHarrier (122 posts) - - Show Bio

To everyone saying that Batman loses to Taskmaster's knowledge of so many fighting styles, I submit: Batman beat Karate Kid. The guys whose super power is knowing every form of Martial Arts.

#53 Posted by Lvenger (20275 posts) - - Show Bio

@grandharrier: You mean the same Karate Kid that's owned Batman before? Sure

Karate Kid was beaten by Black Lightning who came up behind him and electrocuted him

#54 Posted by Lvenger (20275 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm beginning to lean towards Taskmaster now. Usually, Batman's skill in past fight has led to me giving him the edge over foes such as Captain America, Gambit, the TMNT and Kraven before. But here, Tasky has a vast range of fighting style knowledge from several of the best on 616 Earth and can vary this up in a way that can keep Batman on his toes in this fight. Not to mention that his photogenic reflexes are very impressive and his speed is good too. Evidently Batman has the edge in striking power, durability and equipment but I think Taskmaster can anticipate this to some degree as whatever he can't duplicate, he anticipates. Well, after reading several Taskmaster respect threads today, I'm actually convinced that he takes this one.

#55 Posted by RedX17 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's to close to call. Because while Taskmaster has dozens of skills sets and Martial arts styles, so does Batman. But Batman is much more intelligent. So I say a tie, and here is why:

Taskmaster is superior in physical combat because even if Batman is winning in the start, Taskmaster will absorb his styles and techniques.

Batman is superior in Intellect. He is the worlds greatest detective, and a master strategist and scientist. He can out think Taskmaster.

#56 Edited by God_Spawn (37950 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly think Batman wins. Why? Well, a few simple factors, but I'll start with why Taskmaster could potentially beat him. The primary reason is skill. Taskmaster is easily a top tier competitor with plenty of tricks in his bag. When you get away from the stupid things like not beating Deadpool since, well those fights were terrible, and being afraid of Moon Knight (I just find these stupid but we can argue that mess later), he's done his fair share of feats. He's stalemated Captain America twice, has fought Daredevil a few times (I'll get to why he lost later), he's beaten up Black Widow and Headsman with his hands chained, and he's held his own against both Captain Americas in the form of Steve and Bucky at once by himself. He's hit the likes of Spider-Man using a ricochet cane using Bullseye's aiming ability. He's knocked down giant Skrull Pym, Stature, and Antman like characters using a single shield throw and ricochet ability and then proceeded to knock them out via nerve cluster shots to the neck, demonstrating a knowledge of some pressure points. They were not looking, however, it was still an impressive feat, IMO. You add into this his equipment, it's sort of versatile, not Batman versatile, but it's simple yet effective. Between his sword, shield, bow, and baton. Add in a few trick arrows as well and he can fight on a few ranges. Add in Taskmaster's ability to pick up on fighting styles and even predict some, he is going to give Bats one helluva fight.

We all know Bruce's skill and stats. Punching through bazooka proof glass. Blocking bullets with his gauntlets. Dodging machine gunfire. Knowing 127 different martial arts. He knows 400+ ways to incapacitate someone without spilling blood. He's proven to be one of DC's top tiers. Add in his extremely versatile bag of tricks from different batarangs, sonics, cryopellets, flashbangs, different types of gases, etc.

So I see Bruce walking away from this because of one major factor: Taskmaster's ego is huuuuuge. He's lost to Daredevil twice because of it. He should have bested Moon Knight, but he got cocky, I would however, disregard the part about him being scared of Moon Knight. That part just doesn't sit right with me, but he still has ran away from some fights before, regardless. You see, Taskmaster goes into a lot of fights thinking he has them in the bag. Just because he can predict styles and has all of this skill he walks around like he is the best, but all of this has never made him untouchable when it comes to other top tier martial artists. And Bruce does have his own style to him so Tasky might enjoy taking some of his moves and that could hinder him like it has before. Bruce is the exact opposite. Bruce is proficient and precise. So while I honestly might give Taskmaster the edge in skill, I do see Bruce's skill being perfectly capable of facing Taskmaster and with the terrain being a city (perfect for the Dark Knight) and his mindset and versatility in his equipment will end up carrying him to a slim majority of 6/10. If this were a serious Taskmaster though, I'd probably say the inverse, but for now I say the Bats takes it.

#57 Posted by Mr. Messy Face (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman would win because every time Taskmaster started to copy him, he would switch fighting styles and change it up until he won.

#58 Posted by micahparadise (491 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster wins. He brings to many fighting styles plus Bats own styles to the table. In a good battle, Task master wins this. Now if Batman has prep or fore knowledge, i would eventually give this to Batman.

#59 Posted by cameron83 (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I'm beginning to lean towards Taskmaster now. Usually, Batman's skill in past fight has led to me giving him the edge over foes such as Captain America, Gambit, the TMNT and Kraven before. But here, Tasky has a vast range of fighting style knowledge from several of the best on 616 Earth and can vary this up in a way that can keep Batman on his toes in this fight. Not to mention that his photogenic reflexes are very impressive and his speed is good too. Evidently Batman has the edge in striking power, durability and equipment but I think Taskmaster can anticipate this to some degree as whatever he can't duplicate, he anticipates. Well, after reading several Taskmaster respect threads today, I'm actually convinced that he takes this one.

Batman is still awesome,though....and I agree.

#60 Posted by Wolverine08 (42846 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, Batman is winning by a large margin. Smh.......................

#61 Posted by Trodorne (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster wins. Why? because Kun Lun fighting style does not exist in batmans martial arts arsenal, he does not know how to properly counter it. okay bats goes for his utility belt and pulls out batarang and gas pellets. Taskmaster see's this and has already determined that Batman relies on his utility belt and martial arts. Get batman to play aggressive, cut off his utility belt. Aim for batmans exposed jaw and nose with baton or shield. batman is now down for the count.

#62 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman IMHO.

#63 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

come on people, taskmaster wins.....

#64 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

After much deliberation I have decided on that it was too close to call. Sure Batman has the advantage with the technology and ability to think on the spot, but Taskmaster can see all his moves and take away Batman's genuine ability to fight, also Taskmaster after years of watching heroes has the skills of Captain America, Spider-man, Daredevil and many other heroes so he could use these skills to take out Batman.

On one side of the argument Batman has the clear advantage as he feels that he is fighting for a noble cause, has the technology for example he could neutralize taskmasters ability to use weapons with an airy of gadgets, he could learn all about him form just looking him up on the bat-computer whilst he is fighting Taskmaster.

On the other hand Taskmaster can see batman's moves and just take him out, he has the skills of other heroes who a combination could be able to take out Batman, Taskmaster could take out Batman's Gadgets by just watching a scientist.

So after looking at all the Pros and Cons I decided that it is too close to call.

#65 Edited by Knightfall225 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster cant copy Batmans mind so i pick Batman

#66 Edited by Lvenger (20275 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Of course. Character preference has no bearing on the outcome of a fight though.

#67 Posted by Lvenger (20275 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Damn you and @citizenbane have made me reconsider actually. Taskmaster does have a huge ego and has fled battles when things aren't going his way.

#68 Edited by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightfall225 said:

Taskmaster cant copy Batmans mind so i pick Batman

He can copy his moves, and already knows most of them, if not all, or better moves. I know Taskmaster knows more than Batman with his photographic memory.

Batman was beaten by the Bronze Tiger. The Taskmaster is better than the Bronze Tiger.

#69 Posted by desmond006 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna do some research b4 I vote.

Not only is Task master copying Bats moves but hes brining other styles with him.the list of peoples moves hes copied is impressive. Batman is also bringing many styles too.

#70 Posted by TheBournePoster (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe: You can't arbitrarily state that Taskmaster is better than Bronze Tiger. I would argue that Tiger is more skilled.

Also, the loss against Deadpool is pathetic. Even if you can't predict the opponents moves, you should still school them as a better martial artist. Obviously, that didn't happen.

#71 Posted by detective38 (180 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe: batman is also a better fighter than daredevil and daredevil has beaten taskmaster but really ABC logic doesnt work in these polls. The idea that taskmaster could copy all the 127 martial arts styles that bruce knows with enough profiency to put him down is absurd its not like bruce hasnt faced his own styles used against him or for that matter any of the other styles taskmaster brings to the table. Batman wins... Herioc Brutality!

#72 Posted by marvel_dc_heroes_villains (133 posts) - - Show Bio

When it comes to hand to hand skill, I'd say it's a stalemate. Taskmaster can imitate anyone who isn't superhuman, but Batman is arguably DC's greatest martial artist and can take a hell of a lot of punishment, so he could most likely match Taskmaster blow for blow. The difference comes in the superiority of Bruce's gadgets. Without Tasky's wrist gauntlet, Bats is on another level in this area, so he gets the win.

#73 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster assuming he's actually trying his best. Even if he doesn't know Bats fighting style he should be able to duplicate and counter it mid fight.

#74 Edited by ravisher (692 posts) - - Show Bio

rather see deathstroke vs taskmaster

#75 Posted by God_Spawn (37950 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@god_spawn: Damn you and @citizenbane have made me reconsider actually. Taskmaster does have a huge ego and has fled battles when things aren't going his way.

#76 Posted by ComicKing7 (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can beat taskmaster with just his gadgets

#77 Posted by TheBournePoster (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has fought evenly with Karate Kid before. I'll post the scans if you want, but they are most likely PIS.

#78 Posted by Solomonwreath (199 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on how long they fight for if it's a short fight then batman but on the off chance that taskmaster draws the fight out I give it to him.

#79 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is the personification of the Deus Ex Machina trope. Not even Taskmaster can overcome that one.

Kidding aside though, I think Batman is a skilled enough martial artist to recognize Tasky's superpower and overcome it. Batman is skilled in striking from the darkness, going unseen, and stealth takedowns. Taskmaster cannot copy what he cannot see. Ergo, Batman wins the day.

#80 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@detective38: he was just flustered when he fought himself in the last issue of Batman/Superman because he figured no one else knew some of his moves as soon as Taskmaster saw the move, if he didn't already know it he's copy it, remember it and use it against Bats. Bats doesn't know Kung fu from Kun Lun what would his answer be for that?

#81 Posted by TheBournePoster (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

Then the fight is interrupted.

#82 Edited by Moby (76 posts) - - Show Bio

The BATMAN!!! All the WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#83 Posted by i_like_swords (15034 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can beat taskmaster with just his gadgets

And this is why Batman has 20% more of the votes.

Pop-u-la-ri-ty Con-test.

#84 Posted by westy206 (689 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because Tasky learns Batmans moves doesn't mean he'll use them against Batman. He'll quickly know the weakness in Batmans technique and use an adequate counter he doesn't have to mimic Batman. I think in some scenarios Batman would win but starting this close I think Tasky is quicker and is a more rounded hand to hand fighter or armed fighter. Batman will need to get distance and I don't think Tasky will allow that and with him being such a good shot he'll stop him with an arrow to the knee.

#85 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be and insanely hard fight for bats imo. Taskmaster isn't going to just copy bats. Im sure he has seen most of bats combat styles from fighting cap, daredevil, spidey, and tons of other top marvel street lvlr's. All of those characters have there own unique fighting styles that bats has never really seen. This is no easy win for bats. Taskmaster will be willing to use lethal force against bats. I really think this could be a stalemate in h2h and might come down to gear witch i think they both are still very even in. Im going to call this a draw 50/50

#86 Edited by obscurefan (274 posts) - - Show Bio

I know everyone is going to vote for Batman but before ol' Tasky loses too badly let me just throw this out there. When Batman first went up against Prometheus he lost because Prometheus had downloaded into his gear the fighting skills of the top thirty fighters on the planet, including Batman. Taskmaster has the fighting skills and arsenal of the top thirty, forty, even fifty fighters on Earth and would learn Batman's the moment he saw them. Now I know that Prometheus also had a flashing light on his helmet that he said kept Batman disoriented, but Batman has trained his mind to block out distractions or psychological attacks like that, what beat him in the end was solely the difference in skills. And with Taskmaster able to switch fighting skills on the fly, the moment Batman started to peg down one fighting style, many of which he would never have seen before because they came from a different dimension (Bats would have no idea what the heck "Spider-Fu" is, let alone the Black Knight's ancient sword fighting techniques or the way Captain America has figured out how to handle a shield), Taskmaster would just swap over to another fighting style, keeping Bats from being able to figure out what to expect.

#87 Posted by TheBournePoster (1096 posts) - - Show Bio
#88 Posted by obscurefan (274 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Posted by Raw_Material (3296 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1 said:

I thought about it, and i have decided that Batman wins this in my opinion.

Let's take a look at it step by step:

In the skill department, Taskmaster is quite versatile. He has the knowledge of very skilled people, for example: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Black Widow IIRC, and even Spiderman. But, Batman also knows a vast amount of different martial arts. Taskmaster has a slight edge in skill.

Although, Batman has the tactical advantage. He has the ability to adapt. I see him taking note of Taskmaster's changing styles of martial art, then using technology to take him down kind of like he did to Prometheus. What makes it worse, is that this is a city setting which gives Batman an even bigger advantage. He was once able to evade Jay Garrick. So overall, Taskmaster is more skilled in fighting skill, but Batman comes back with tactics and battlefield advantage, giving him the overall edge in skill.

In the physical department, Taskmaster comes out with impressive speed similar to that of Daredevil and Spiderman. But, Batman makes up for this with strength. Not to mention Batman is agile himself, making speed not enough of a factor to have the edge over Batman. This is an even game.

In the equipment department, Batman comes out with high-tech gadgets and gizmos. This gives him the advantage over Taskmaster. But, Taskmaster is highly skilled with his gear (having the Prowess of Hawkeye, Bullseye, Punisher, etc). Although, Batman is a consistent bullet dodger, and his gear is a lot more versatile than Taskmaster's; giving the edge to Batman.

Summary:

• Skill: Taskmaster is more skilled, but Batman's tactics and battlefield advantage gives him the edge.
  • Physicals: They are about even, with Taskmaster being faster and Batman being stronger.
  • Equipment: Batman gets the edge here, due to it being more versatile.
  • Overall: Batman wins. Battlefield advantage is VERY important, and with his ability to adapt to different situations and having the firepower to take TM down, Batman wins.

So to answer your question, Batman always wins. So far, at least. (don't take this too literally, i don't feel like getting raged at).

#90 Posted by i_like_swords (15034 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1 said:

In the skill department, Taskmaster is quite versatile. He has the knowledge of very skilled people, for example: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Black Widow IIRC, and even Spiderman. But, Batman also knows a vast amount of different martial arts. Taskmaster has a slight edge in skill.

Although, Batman has the tactical advantage. He has the ability to adapt. I see him taking note of Taskmaster's changing styles of martial art, then using technology to take him down kind of like he did to Prometheus. What makes it worse, is that this is a city setting which gives Batman an even bigger advantage. He was once able to evade Jay Garrick. So overall, Taskmaster is more skilled in fighting skill, but Batman comes back with tactics and battlefield advantage, giving him the overall edge in skill.

In the physical department, Taskmaster comes out with impressive speed similar to that of Daredevil and Spiderman. But, Batman makes up for this with strength. Not to mention Batman is agile himself, making speed not enough of a factor to have the edge over Batman. This is an even game.

In the equipment department, Batman comes out with high-tech gadgets and gizmos. This gives him the advantage over Taskmaster. But, Taskmaster is highly skilled with his gear (having the Prowess of Hawkeye, Bullseye, Punisher, etc). Although, Batman is a consistent bullet dodger, and his gear is a lot more versatile than Taskmaster's; giving the edge to Batman.

Summary:

• Skill: Taskmaster is more skilled, but Batman's tactics and battlefield advantage gives him the edge.
  • Physicals: They are about even, with Taskmaster being faster and Batman being stronger.
  • Overall: Batman wins. Battlefield advantage is VERY important, and with his ability to adapt to different situations and having the firepower to take TM down, Batman wins.

So to answer your question, Batman always wins. So far, at least. (don't take this too literally, i don't feel like getting raged at).

Forgetting to answer for the fact Taskmaster will begin to read Batman like a book the longer they fight.

Forgetting to answer for the fact that "tactics" mean very little when not applied with any evidence. Countless times people have spewed out "Batman is more tactical" as a cop out for him winning a fight. Being "tactical" is something that is thrown around too much and something I don't buy. Doesn't take away from one advantage Taskmaster has over Batman.

Forgetting to answer for the fact Taskmaster can react like Daredevil making Batmans equipment redundant.

Forgetting to answer for the fact Taskmaster can shoot like Hawkeye and Punisher and eventually, like Batman himself.

#91 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5080 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster for a majority.

#92 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebourneposter: pure PIS and writer wanking. 31st century galaxy wide martial arts>> 127 styles, KK should wipe the mat with Bats AND Taskmaster in seconds.

#93 Posted by TheBournePoster (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: I know, I already said it was PIS.

Another thing that's kind of astonishing is how if you mention Batman's 200 styles you get "lol quality over quantity lolololol" But with Taskmaster, multiple martial arts is a crystal clear indicator of skill obviously.

#94 Posted by Raw_Material (3296 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material said:

@sync1 said:

Summary:

Forgetting to answer for the fact Taskmaster will begin to read Batman like a book the longer they fight.

Forgetting to answer for the fact that "tactics" mean very little when not applied with any evidence. Countless times people have spewed out "Batman is more tactical" as a cop out for him winning a fight. Being "tactical" is something that is thrown around too much and something I don't buy. Doesn't take away from one advantage Taskmaster has over Batman.

Forgetting to answer for the fact Taskmaster can react like Daredevil making Batmans equipment redundant.

Forgetting to answer for the fact Taskmaster can shoot like Hawkeye and Punisher and eventually, like Batman himself.

Lol, I see what sync is saying, being tactical meaning possessing strategical tactics that will be help him turn the odds in the battle. Your just going out of proportion to write this, pretty funny. But I agree what your saying too though.

#95 Posted by i_like_swords (15034 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: I know, I already said it was PIS.

Another thing that's kind of astonishing is how if you mention Batman's 200 styles you get "lol quality over quantity lolololol" But with Taskmaster, multiple martial arts is a crystal clear indicator of skill obviously.

Batman is one guy.

Taskmaster has the skills of multiple guys who all know multiple fighting styles.

It's not too far fetched to say Taskmaster may be more proficient in more fighting styles than Batman.

Not to mention, he'll pick up on every move Batman repeats which would be his downfall in a
hand-to-hand match.

#96 Edited by patrickborkland (221 posts) - - Show Bio

While Taskmaster's abilities and achievements have been quite impressive, the total fight will end in his defeat. Even though he has mimicked the fighting techniques of the likes of Wolverine, silver samurai, Captian America and many more, his physical limitations are his downfall. For example, he can copy spidermans's fighting moves, but not his strength. Just like when he was a child, he copied a professional diver's dive into a pool but forgot he didn't know how to swim. In many many occasions he gets into unpredicted fights and resorts to escaping. Batman on the other hand has pushed his mind and body to a point where he is able to to adapt to different fighting techniques. He can adapt to fight hand to hand with the likes of Bane and has proven himself to fight alongside some of the most powerful beings in the DC Universe. While Taskmaster could mimic most of Batman's fighting styles, he will

never be able to challenge his intelligence and resources at hand. For example, when Taskmaster fought Moon Knight, taskmaster found it frustrating once Moonlight decided to take more punches instead of dishing out more for Taskmaster to copy. Once the fight drags on, Batman would study Taskmasters techniques very carefully and realize some moves are his own. Both are very close in combat ability, taskmaster might even be a little better, but Bruce's intelligence and lifetime of increasing that intelligence has pushed his ability far beyond of what Taskmaster can copy.

#97 Posted by i_like_swords (15034 posts) - - Show Bio

While Taskmaster's abilities and achievements have been quite impressive, the total fight will end in his defeat. Even though he has mimicked the fighting techniques of the likes of Wolverine, silver samurai, Caption America and many more, his physical limitations are his downfall. For example, he can copy spidermans's fighting moves, but not his strength. Just like when he was a child, he copied a professional diver's dive into a pool but forgot he didn't know how to swim. In many many occasions he gets into unpredicted fights and resorts to escaping. Batman on the other hand has pushed his mind and body to a point where he is able to to adapt to different fighting techniques. He can adapt to fight hand to hand with the likes of Bane and has proven himself to fight alongside some of the most powerful beings in the DC Universe. While Taskmaster could mimic most of Batman's fighting styles, he will

never be able to challenge his intelligence and resources at hand. For example, when Taskmaster fought moonlight, taskmaster found it frustrating once Moonlight decided to take more punches instead of dishing out more for Taskmaster to copy. Once the fight drags on, Batman would study Taskmasters techniques very carefully and realize some moves are his own. Both are very close in combat ability, taskmaster might even be a little better, but Bruce's intelligence and lifetime of increasing that intelligence has pushed his ability far beyond of what Taskmaster can copy.

Caption America? The point about not having 20 ton strength being a factor in the fight? Moonlight? Taskmaster using Batmans own moves instead of countering them? The mindset that Bruce, a peak human, can perform moves that Taskmaster can't physically copy?

I'm done. I'm out. Done. Finito. Adios. Au revoir. Aver iderci. DONE.

#98 Posted by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster, between his powers and his shield and the amount of fighting styles he's copied already/made his own/batman's fighting style how can he lose? i mean unless batman gasses him or something but that's the only way

#99 Posted by raythelion (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#100 Posted by butters911 (265 posts) - - Show Bio

To the people saying Batman will win because all Taskmaster does is copy moves really need to go read a comic with Taskmaster in it.