• 51 results
#1 Edited by RogueShadow (10355 posts) - - Show Bio

She has that irritating sardonic [not sarcastic like Felicity] quality [And not in a good, House MD way] wherein there are no characteristics to her personality that really warrant an overlook, she's not smart or dumb enough to be funny and has no impressive abilities or attributes which make her likeable. She just doesn't seem to have much characterisation as she still hasn't evolved much psychologically, her solutions to problems and approach to life are still to basically be a b*tch.

She's exceedingly annoying and generally monotonous in my opinion.

#2 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: lol finally some one else agrees with me! She has to be the most disrespectful and annoying character on tv right now. For that sir you are getting a follow!

#3 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Its funny cause I'm already following you. You must have good taste.

#4 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol ^^

#5 Posted by RogueShadow (10355 posts) - - Show Bio

Its funny cause I'm already following you. You must have good taste.

Ha ha.

But she really is a brat with zero redeeming qualities.

#6 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: yes, yes she is. And she's was so disrespectful to Oliver when he got back from the island in the first season i almost fell out of my chair.

#7 Edited by Commander_Kane (715 posts) - - Show Bio

My god yes. I swear I couldn't count how many times she bitched about something during the first season. And as you see from season 2 episode 1, she ain't quitting any time soon.

But I'd still smanggg

#8 Edited by RogueShadow (10355 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19: The most annoying thing is how the writers don't seem to be going out of there way to redeem her or flesh her out a but more. Her, 'my brother and father died', is really no excuse for her behaviour, I don't get what Ollie ever did to warrant he being so mean to him, I mean Laurel and Quentin have way more reason to be snarky with him and upset and they aren't even as bad.

Your brother has come back from the dead - rejoice!

All that being said, the show is amazingly well executed in my opinion.

#9 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Amen! Especially about the part "Her, 'my brother and father died', is really no excuse for her behavior," i couldn't agree more... Dumb witch.

#10 Edited by Commander_Kane (715 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody else think Felicity is like, the cutest chick on TV? Not really into blondes, but mannn. Her character is a bit over the top with the corniness, though.

#11 Posted by RogueShadow (10355 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by The Stegman (23982 posts) - - Show Bio

She's the worst. Her and her first world problems whining.

#13 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol.

#14 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by RustyRoy (12018 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a b*tch, I hate her more than Joffrey.

#16 Edited by sagejonathan (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

Yah I hated her too. I eventually got over it.

#17 Edited by JohnnyGat (1563 posts) - - Show Bio

She's just a tool to rehash the drama. Bitch about something early in the episode, something happens in the middle, lesson learned and whatever she was bitching about is no longer something to complain about, rinse and repeat. It's like an episode of Power Rangers and how convenient their complaints are in regards to whatever will happen in the episode. I mean sure the drama surrounding Oliver also for the most part follows the same formula it at least has some build-up to parts of the plot outside important life lesson number 9.

#18 Posted by Hellion_96 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate her she just comes off as annoying in almost all of her scenes.

#19 Edited by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, not at all.

#20 Edited by RogueShadow (10355 posts) - - Show Bio
@rustyroy said:

Damn man. That's one bold-ass statement. Gotta respect that sh*t

:P

#21 Posted by Catsnlynne (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

ME! ME! ME! I can't stand her.

#22 Posted by Catsnlynne (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

The best ones on the show are Ollie and Slade. I could watch a show with just the two of them.

#23 Posted by BlackWind (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

I did at first. Hell, I even out it on TVtropes how much of a bi*** she was being. But she got better over time. And by that I don't mean an interesting character, I mean she stopped being a bi***.

#24 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2309 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, I hate her character.

#25 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1888 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that she's not likable (if that makes sense) I have no idea why folks think characters have to be "likable" to be interesting. Hell, Bruce Wayne isn't really likable, I don't see many complaints about that. RDJ's Tony Stark isn't that likable. Superman IS likable, and folks complain about that all the time.

That Thea isn't likable makes it more interesting for me to see how Oliver handles her. I suspect one day he may just have to go ape-crap on her. Or maybe Harper (who also isn't likable) can help her see a better way to be.

Now, it does depend on how the writers handle it, but look at it this way. You started a thread about her. (Even if it's a negative one) that shows me the character does hold your interest. (again, even if it's in a negative way.) I've yet to see anyone start a thread about Diggle, and he may be the most likable person on the show.

#26 Edited by Black_Arrow (2937 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont have exactly a problem with her some of the things she wants are logical, of course she isn t one of the best characters that goes to Oliver, Slade, Deadshot, Diggle, Lance and Malcolm (sometimes Felicity)

#27 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16818 posts) - - Show Bio

Thea is super hot.

She was pretty annoying last season, seems to have matured this season though.

The best ones on the show are Ollie and Slade. I could watch a show with just the two of them.

Deathstroke spinoff....GO

#28 Posted by RogueShadow (10355 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: Really? Super hot? Felicity and Laurel are super hot, Thea's just mid level hot for me. It's all subjective.

Except that. That's foul.

#29 Posted by Fallschirmjager (16818 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: They're all hot. Though I'm not a huge fan of blondes. If Felicity ever dyed her hair ...my god.

#30 Edited by RogueShadow (10355 posts) - - Show Bio

@manwhohaseverything: She isn't interesting. Read the OP, that's basically what I say, she has no features that warrant interest, no charisma, no complexity... nothing. She's boring.

Diggle is amazing. Nothing else can be said about him. He is... quite simply... the shit.

#31 Posted by NukeA6 (468 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like any of the characters that aren't Oliver, Diggle, Shado, Deathstroke, Merlyn, Roy, or Laurel's daddy.

#32 Posted by RogueShadow (10355 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16818 posts) - - Show Bio

@nukea6: Really? I don't find Roy all that interesting yet.

I'm still waiting for Roy to find out Ollie is GA so he can start mentoring him :D

#34 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5237 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't watch that show.

#35 Edited by bunt947 (375 posts) - - Show Bio

@commander_kane said:

My god yes. I swear I couldn't count how many times she bitched about something during the first season. And as you see from season 2 episode 1, she ain't quitting any time soon.

But I'd still smanggg

@commander_kane said:

Anybody else think Felicity is like, the cutest chick on TV? Not really into blondes, but mannn. Her character is a bit over the top with the corniness, though.

I agree with every word you said. I have the exact same opinion in both of these characters.

#36 Posted by RogueShadow (10355 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by Tyrus (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

I've said before, she's dragging the show down for me. Thea is the barrier between CW's cheesy-teenage drama crap and the potential the show has to not be a CW show.

#38 Posted by War Killer (20138 posts) - - Show Bio

She's very bipolar, one minute she's happy and loving and the next she hates you and wishes you were dead. It's very annoying at times and I was hoping that her character would have grown with this new season, but when we first see her she hates her mother, then near the end she loves her mother again...very bipolar.

#39 Posted by RogueShadow (10355 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: No because bipolar would actually be a good excuse and characterisation, she's just hollow. I think you may have inadvertently stumbled upon a potential saving grace for he character - Make her bipolar, or at least Cyclothymia which hasn't fully manifested, she's 18 so perfect time for it. Seriously unless she does have a mental disorder or is very well fleshed out subsequent of S2E01 she's just a cliche hollow 21st century b*tch.

#40 Edited by NukeA6 (468 posts) - - Show Bio

@nukea6: ... And Felicity.

Ok, maybe she's an exception too. She comes off as kind of weird though.

I'm still waiting for Roy to find out Ollie is GA so he can start mentoring him :D

I dunno; it's something about him. He does need to be mentored though.

#41 Posted by RogueShadow (10355 posts) - - Show Bio

@nukea6 said:
@rogueshadow said:

@nukea6: ... And Felicity.

Ok, maybe she's an exception too. She comes off as kind of AWESOME AND SEXY though.

@fallschirmjager said:

I dunno; it's something about him. He does need to be mentored though.

#42 Posted by Pr0metheus (5088 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by ImmortalOne (3379 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

Damn, you really must hate her a lot.

#44 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1888 posts) - - Show Bio

@manwhohaseverything: She isn't interesting. Read the OP, that's basically what I say, she has no features that warrant interest, no charisma, no complexity... nothing. She's boring.

Diggle is amazing. Nothing else can be said about him. He is... quite simply... the shit.

In your opinion. I disagree. I think the fact that she is sporadic and unpredictable makes it interesting how others react to her. (Which actually IS complexity) I agree about Diggle, but I think it's okay that not every character is likable.

#45 Posted by AminoAcidMan (121 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate her too. really annoying

#46 Edited by RogueShadow (10355 posts) - - Show Bio

@manwhohaseverything: Unpredictability is one thing, but it has to be coming from a character bedrock, she doesn't have one, she's a blathering mess of bitchiness and whatever the writers need her to be, she has no consistent character traits that are in any way redeeming, in any way relateable, or in any way perpetual. Obviously there are characters who can tinker with jerkiness and outright sociopathy yet still be engaging. You should read difficult men, it's a very interesting book about the proliferance of middle aged white men with a dark side who are often extremely cruel and unlikeable in modern television. It really began with Tony Soprano then comes Omar Little [Who is black but,exception to every rule and all that] Walter White, Dexter, House etc. And it's of course a common trope throughout history, look at the byronic hero and the tragic hero, But I stand by the fact that the character must have just that - a character, as well as, [often] redeeming traits - intellect. charisma, mystery, etc

Thea Queen has none of these things, she's a blithering mess of inefficient character writing a huge flaw in an otherwise very well crafted Superhero story.

#47 Edited by gregoryzapanta (1 posts) - - Show Bio

She is like Charlie's character in Season 1 of Revolution (although I think Charlie improved a lot in season 2) ... I'm kinda hoping that her (Thea Queen) character dies like I hoped Charlie's character dies during season 1. Both are really annoying!!! Every time Thea has a scene with anyone... I hit the mute button. lol!

#48 Edited by DarthAznable (6619 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a stereotypical teen. I feel as though she just shouldn't be in the show. lol Add drama.

#49 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many superfluous characters on Arrow. Thea is one.

But don't hate her. In fact she seem to be one of the more level headed characters on the show.

If I was to waste time hating a fictional character it would be Laurel. I cringe every time she is on screen and sometime's even fast forward. It was nice to see her get put in her place this week. But she is still superfluous.

Arrow is quickly becoming one of the "dropped" along with several other CW offerings. Very little depth. Extremely predictable. Strains at credulity.

#50 Posted by jbatman17 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

She is like a teenaged girl whose going through puberty times 3. Who is that fucking bitchy all the time? When slade was choosing between Olivers mother and Thea, I was really hoping he would pick Thea.