• 69 results
#1 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect it, but i'm more of a DC fan.

#3 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, but it gets harder and harder with each stupid stunt they pull.

#4 Posted by ARMIV2 (8305 posts) - - Show Bio

I do, though it seems people respect 'em more for what they're doing outside of their books...

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12599 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect them......

They're creative decisions are just so asinine at times.....does anyone remember the "Heroic Age" or "Fear Itself" arcs....yeah I don't either.

#6 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

total marvel fanboy, blind fanboy i don't care what people say about marvel, just love it...

#7 Posted by War Killer (19994 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect certain writers, such as Ed Brubaker for example who continue to put out good books and try to do things interesting.

I, however, do not respect the writers who care more about money and winning over this group of "new readers" through pointless events each year, changing/altering books and characters despite the loyal fans who speak loudly against such things, and who overall write horrible and boring stories that have no lasting affect on the Marvel Universe whatsoever.

So in short: Yes and No. :P

#8 Posted by The Stegman (23193 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect...parts of them, like swimsuit models

#9 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't understand what there is to even respect about marvel any more. they're just a bunch of goons running a self-serving nepotist company with no interest in pleasing anyone but themselves and their fingers are just so far from the pulse.

#10 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect the brand and the characters more than the staff of now

#11 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

The internet people don't know the word respect.

#12 Posted by War Killer (19994 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

i don't understand what there is to even respect about marvel any more. they're just a bunch of goons running a self-serving nepotist company with no interest in pleasing anyone but themselves and their fingers are just so far from the pulse.

To be fair, not all of the people who work at Marvel are scum. Some are actually pretty amazing writers and artist who a lot of a fans love. The true "goons" are those who care more about raising the sales of their books than actually making a good book itself. Hatred for Marvel should be directed at the men who deserve it, not those who actually are trying to give the fans what we want: Amazing stories that keep us on the edge of our seats each month. Those people deserve praise, while the others...
#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect the idea of Marvel. Most of their writers are weak sauce though.

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

Is that a Ms.Marvel avatar?
#15 Posted by Illuminatus (9497 posts) - - Show Bio

They've lost a majority of my respect. Only a select few titles and their Icon imprint keep me interested.

#16 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect their movies. That's it.

#17 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect the history of the company, but I have been losing respect for the current direction company for a couple of years now. Their head writers are terrible, their events are constantly poorly written and characters are stomped all over. They have made phenomenal films in the last five years, but their comics are suffering.

#18 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect them mainly for venom

#19 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect there history and hate their present

#20 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

I respect the history of the company, but I have been losing respect for the current direction company for a couple of years now. Their head writers are terrible, their events are constantly poorly written and characters are stomped all over. They have made phenomenal films in the last five years, but their comics are suffering.

Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way. I think things will start to improve within the next few years, but it will be an extremely gradual process.

#21 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

I respect there history and hate their present

Dammit how do you always sum up someones ideas better lol

@Gambit1024: I really hope your right. I really really do.

#22 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect them, mostly because I like to remain optimistic that they will stray away from events and focus more on keeping their movies good and just consistently releasing good comics. They do have a lot of good writers at their disposal (Gillen, Aaron, Remender, Fraction, Waid, Brubaker), but they choose to use them in terrible ways (Aaron, Fraction, Brubaker, and Hickman are all enjoyable writers, except when they're writing events) and this onslaught of "big" events has really hurt their cred. Hopefully things will die down after AvX (I believe Alonso said they would), and the company can focus more on bringing us quality material that isn't designed solely to raise attention.

#23 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect the heroes and Jonathan Hickman, not much else.

#24 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect the characters and some of the writers, but I definitely don't like the current direction Marvel is going with since they are putting out too many events and not doing enough stories based on the characters.

#25 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Bendis is leaving the Avengers soon. That has to be the first step, right? (unless they move him to EIC... that would suck...)

#26 Posted by ThexX (1559 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

I respect certain writers, such as Ed Brubaker for example who continue to put out good books and try to do things interesting. I, however, do not respect the writers who care more about money and winning over this group of "new readers" through pointless events each year, changing/altering books and characters despite the loyal fans who speak loudly against such things, and who overall write horrible and boring stories that have no lasting affect on the Marvel Universe whatsoever. So in short: Yes and No. :P

This

#27 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThexX said:

@War Killer said:

I respect certain writers, such as Ed Brubaker for example who continue to put out good books and try to do things interesting. I, however, do not respect the writers who care more about money and winning over this group of "new readers" through pointless events each year, changing/altering books and characters despite the loyal fans who speak loudly against such things, and who overall write horrible and boring stories that have no lasting affect on the Marvel Universe whatsoever. So in short: Yes and No. :P

This

I agree with this also!
#28 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

I respect them, mostly because I like to remain optimistic that they will stray away from events and focus more on keeping their movies good and just consistently releasing good comics. They do have a lot of good writers at their disposal (Gillen, Aaron, Remender, Fraction, Waid, Brubaker), but they choose to use them in terrible ways (Aaron, Fraction, Brubaker, and Hickman are all enjoyable writers, except when they're writing events) and this onslaught of "big" events has really hurt their cred. Hopefully things will die down after AvX (I believe Alonso said they would), and the company can focus more on bringing us quality material that isn't designed solely to raise attention.

Agreed. They have a lot of talent and they need to stray away from these events. Events can be entertaining, but I think everyone has event fatigue.

I respect Marvel. They have a lot different parts of their business and a lot of different employees, and some of them make bad decisions. We have a lot of good right now, things could be a lot worse, and I've got a feeling AvX will lead to good things. Especially Bendis off of Avengers.

#29 Posted by Saren (25326 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

I respect it, but i'm more of a DC fan.

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

Yes, but it gets harder and harder with each stupid stunt they pull.

Mix of these.

#30 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: It's a gift......that involves a team of annalist determining the simplest way to state things

#31 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a DC fanatic. I hate Marvel events especially as of late. But I do respect it. Plus I love Marvel movies.

#32 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: They do a superb job. My hats off to you and your amazing staff.

@Gambit1024: Who is taking over the Avengers anyway? Will the have all four teams or a seperate writer for every team? I would not put Marvel above putting Bendis on a book doing well or is acctually a good read.

#33 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect and love the history, the characters and the good writers/artists. I despise filth like Bendis who are ruining it all for their own selfish ends.

#34 Posted by HolySerpent (12463 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely No respect for marvel

#35 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@X35 said:

Is that a Ms.Marvel avatar?

Assuming this is a retort as opposed to a genuine question: yes it's that character Marvel robbed of her individual and almost iconic look, after nearly a decade of establishing her to a whole new readership and then gave the most generic and ugly new look to while giving her a series doomed to fail written by a woman who probably just got the stint writing it because she's married to one of their architects.

Assuming it's a genuine question as opposed to a retort: yes, it's Ms. Marvel. Isn't she pretty?

#36 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha, no.  

Marvel don't respect their fans or their characters. They can go f*ck themselves. 

#37 Posted by TDK_1997 (14471 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect Marvel but their recent ideas are just too stupid.

#38 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

Assuming this is a retort as opposed to a genuine question: yes it's that character Marvel robbed of her individual and almost iconic look, after nearly a decade of establishing her to a whole new readership and then gave the most generic and ugly new look to while giving her a series doomed to fail written by a woman who probably just got the stint writing it because she's married to one of their architects.

Assuming it's a genuine question as opposed to a retort: yes, it's Ms. Marvel. Isn't she pretty?

I was asking because characters like Ms.Marvel IS why I still read Marvel Comics. I know she's been written poorly since Dark Reign but Marvel is what got me into comics, and I haven't liked most of the books that they've produced in like 3-4 years but I keep reading in hopes it will get better. I was wondering if it was the same for you?  

And yes she's pretty. Love Carol Danvers. I actually like her new look though BTW. I just didn't like the fact they changed her name to Captain Marvel, I think it's extremely detrimental to the character. I'm going to read her new series any way too because I just love the character so much. 
#39 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

QFT

Edit: I still love Marvel and what they used to be. Can't say I have much respect anymore though. Deadpool. Wolverine everywhere. Deadpool. 'Nuff said.

#40 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio
I voted yes because they make some good movies. But I dont like what the company is doing in terms of their business practices with regards to comics. Im also never really a marvel fan. But yeah i do respect them.
#41 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

I do respect them, but that respect has gone down some due to foolish decisions over the years.

#42 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

comics no

other media yes

#43 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda lose some of the respect for them after AvX. It was a big mess with tons of plot holes. They advertise it as the biggest event of the year and yet saying that it wasn't cannon. No, just no. I'm finding myself reading more and more DC titles at the moment. I'm a bigger Marvel fan, but DC is catching my interest at the moment. I may come back to Marvel once the AvX event finally ended.

#44 Posted by Deep_Six (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it sad that the last event I was truly invested in for Marvel was Civil War?

#45 Posted by longbowhunter (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't respect Marvel or DC as a brand. Just certain creators who keep feeding them fresh ideas.

#46 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deep_Six said:

Is it sad that the last event I was truly invested in for Marvel was Civil War?

I'm rather fond of Civil War since Captain America gets to punch the hell of Ironman at the end and almost killed him. I was rooting for Cap to deliver the finishing blow. :p

I do agree though. I wasn't all that interested in these big events they keep having every few years. I think I only care about HOM and Civil War. The rest is just just not up-to-par for my taste. The only thing I like about Siege is when they finally kill Sentry, what a terrible character...

I have a lot of expectations for AvX since they keep saying how big this event is. All I have seen so far is the writers trampling on the legacy of phoenix.

#47 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter said:

I really don't respect Marvel or DC as a brand. Just certain creators who keep feeding them fresh ideas.

This. There's no reason to respect Marvel or even DC at this point. Some of the writers are doing a really good job with their stories but the editorial decisions are pure crap, to the point where even the best writers can't redeem such awful concepts.

#48 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell, I respect Marvel a lot more than I respect DC at the moment, which is unbelievably irritating to me considering I'm a DC guy through and through.

#49 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@Blood1991 said:

Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way. I think things will start to improve within the next few years, but it will be an extremely gradual process.

#50 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I respect the characters and some of the writers, but I definitely don't like the current direction Marvel is going with since they are putting out too many events and not doing enough stories based on the characters.