Do you want Disney to reboot Indiana Jones?!

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Okay, it's official that Disney now has the rights of LucasFilm other big franchise, Indiana Jones. And there already talks of them making new movies (or has been for a while Ford was talking way back). But some part of me see Disney rebooting them, which I don't want to happen. Since I feel like Spielberg and Lucas have already told enough Indiana stores (and yes even the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull).

So do you want Disney to reboot Indiana Jones?

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Sure why not, the old films won't disappear.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

I'd rather they not, but wouldn't be too angry if they did.

Okay I'd probably be a bit angry if they did, and by a bit I mean incredibly angry.

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nah, some films need to be left as classics that shouldn't be touched. Indiana Jones is one of those. They should also never remake LotR or Terminator (which they are DAMMIT!).

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@g_leno said:

Nah, some films need to be left as classics that shouldn't be touched. Indiana Jones is one of those. They should also never remake LotR or Terminator (which they are DAMMIT!).

this guy knows whats up

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yes. The thing is when they redo a film like this, we always have the original - the original film doesn't get worse or lose anything as a result and will always be great.

It's the same with the Back to the Future trilogy, which I also think is due for a remake/reboot.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think anyone will re make Back to the Futue until at least Christopher Lloyd dies, if not MJF too!

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOPE

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_leno said:

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

No. As I see it, new Indiana Jones will have a lot of special effects and pointless action scenes, but I can't think of the actor that can successfully replace Harrison Ford.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

no....not really anyway....I think that they should do what the James Bond movies do and make the movies a very lose continuity and just replace actors when they get to old to play the role

my first choice is Bradley Cooper...he's a fantastic actor and I think he bears enough of a resemblance to a young Harrison Ford that the transition won't be to jarring...plus I think his attitude and personality really fit the role as well

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Anbu_B_Team

no....not really anyway....I think that they should do what the James Bond movies do and make the movies a very lose continuity and just replace actors when they get to old to play the role

my first choice is Bradley Cooper...he's a fantastic actor and I think he bears enough of a resemblance to a young Harrison Ford that the transition won't be to jarring...plus I think his attitude and personality really fit the role as well

^This and @wishiwassuperman I agree that remakes do not nullify or degrade the originals. If anything it set that bar for the next movies. I loved the new James Bonds. Not to say Ford can ever be beaten...That bar is high.....high.