#1 Posted by Savage_batman (344 posts) - - Show Bio

Or is it like a drug where once you have done a couple of times u cant stop or What?

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

One can be a casual reader.

#3 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it , once you've had some you aint going back .

#4 Posted by Savage_batman (344 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"

"
Really becaue once i got my first 3 comics when i was 6 I was Hooked but i guess that could be cause i was young i im really not sure
#5 Posted by Savage_batman (344 posts) - - Show Bio
Yaujtapool said:
"I doubt it , once you've had some you aint going back . "
yah thats what i think too because like i said after i read my first three i was sucked in and i still havent stopped readin them
#6 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe 30 years ago, not anymore, it's a niche market

#7 Posted by DEGRAAF (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

you get hooked. i went from never reading a single comic to getting Kingdom Come for my 22 birthday as a gag from my gf and now i have to get to the comic shop every week or have them shipped to my house

#8 Posted by DEADPOOL (2697 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to be a casual reader. As a kid, I'd browse through the comics from time to time and get the ones with whatever I thought was cool.

#9 Posted by ENGLENTINE (448 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a marvel casual reader. I check out the big stories, but really do not pick up everything else. 

#10 Posted by danhimself (21898 posts) - - Show Bio

i would call my brother a casual reader

he gets tons of books from the local comic book store every month but hardly even reads them....he has huge piles of books all over his apartment that he hasn't touched since he got them
i was talking about green lantern with him the other day because i know he gets both of the books and has all of the issues since rebirth and he had this confused look on his face...i asked him why and he told me that he hasn't read the book since before the sinestro corps war but continues to buy the books for some reason....it's the same with almost all of the books he gets
#11 Posted by KnightKat (36 posts) - - Show Bio

My fiance is a casual reader.  He used to collect and once in a while,  he'll reread his old ones.  Now, with me and weekly addiction, he'll flip through everything I buy and read stuff I recommend and pickup the occasional one-shot, especially the ones with the characters he used to collect.

#12 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Casual?  If you mostly buy TPBs, don't care about condition, and aren't up on any particular writer or artist, then I'd say you're a casual reader.

#13 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

The casual reader exists, but most times only as a precursor to the addict.

#14 Posted by Qoheed (101 posts) - - Show Bio
MrMiracle77 said:
"Casual?  If you mostly buy TPBs, don't care about condition, and aren't up on any particular writer or artist, then I'd say you're a casual reader."

That'd be me, sans the artist/writer thing; I'll buy just about anything with Johns, Bendis, Ellis, or Ennis on the cover.

That being said, not many friends, family members, and acquaintances of mine consider having half a bookshelf plus packed with trades "casual".
#15 Posted by Savage_batman (344 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"The casual reader exists, but most times only as a precursor to the addict."
yah
#16 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

If there can be a casual video gamer there can be a casual comic book reader. 

#17 Posted by Peterobe (115 posts) - - Show Bio

definitely. people go through phases. I like to think I'll keep reading comics on and on but you never know. One of my best mates maybe buys a graphic novel, once or a month or so - he'd probably class himself as a casual reader. He doesn't follow any particular charcacters, he just grabs something interesting every now and then.

#18 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to be a casual reader, but then it became hard to follow story lines. I started with Trades and now every wednesday I am at my local shop. And the list just kept growing :)

#19 Edited by Cape Killer (11 posts) - - Show Bio

yah i think so becaue im a casual reader but my bros (Savage Batman and Killer Iron) Arent

#20 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

The second you pick up a comic book, you're a nerd.

#21 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
gunswordfist said:
"The second you pick up a comic book, you're a nerd."

Nope.
#22 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a casual reader, if by that you mean I don't subscribe to anything or give a damn about the bulk of comics out there.  I read my comics online, at the local library, and occasionally by a TPB of a series I like.  I follow my preferred characters fairly religiously, and read summaries of everything else just to stay reasonably current.

#23 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I know a few people that only read casually.

#24 Posted by Killer Iron (31 posts) - - Show Bio

yah my sis is caual but im not

#25 Posted by SUNMAN (6844 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"

"
I consider myself a casual reader
#26 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"gunswordfist said:
Nope."
Yep.
#27 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6181 posts) - - Show Bio

People who buy trade paper backs for major story arcs and ignore the rest of the series I would call casual readers

#28 Posted by Aqua Angel (83 posts) - - Show Bio

yah ur right etv

#29 Posted by Dane (10474 posts) - - Show Bio
gunswordfist said:
labels are for people who dont have the interpersonal skills to identify people without them ;)
#30 Posted by Psychotime (623 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. I'm one.

#31 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

I drift from a casual reader to a hardcore all the time, as my interests drift very rapidly.

#32 Posted by Savage_batman (344 posts) - - Show Bio

my interest drift but i hev been hardcore since i was 8 or 9 and will always be

#33 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

I am quite selective when it comes to comics, so yes I am a casual comic reader. (mostly marvel)