Do you think the MOS Destruction was planned after all?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Some people say yes, Some no Bull Sh*t but do you think whatever the sequel or continuation was going to be from MOS it was going to involve to destruction set up from MOS.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@stormshadow_x: I think they planned it, so future movies would have to involve gaining the peoples trust more. If he cleaned everything up neat and tidy, they would still be afraid of him for being godlike...but really he stopped a guy trying to terraform the earth without causing any collateral damage...how mad could you really be at the guy.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Leatherface003

congrats MOS

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zack Snyder says he had the DCEU mapped out before MOS he started with JL so yeah it was planned. But things changed when he decided to introduce Batman in MOS 2 which gave birth BvS.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

congrats MOS

Thought that only worked in Negative MOS Thread

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Man of Steel movie was GARBAGE....after all.

ALFMutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

''I was surprised because that’s the thesis of Superman for me, that you can’t just have superheroes knock around and have there be no consequences.'' - Zack Snyder

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leatherface003 said:

congrats MOS

Why?. we are still talking about it...and it's not meant to be for negative, as MoS fan I am actually happy people are still talking about it.and may be coming around

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I know is if someone yelled at me for saving the planet because a couple buildings got destroyed I would give them a laser lobotomy and never come back

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x said:
@leatherface003 said:

congrats MOS

Why?. we are still talking about it...and it's not meant to be for negative, as MoS fan I am actually happy people are still talking about it.and may be coming around

No particular reason. Just I often see Negative MOS threads to begin with.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By darkdetective27

I think it wasnt, but the controversy helped create a more interesting sequel and Im glad that there wasnt a post credits scene.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leatherface003 said:
@stormshadow_x said:
@leatherface003 said:

congrats MOS

No particular reason. Just I often see Negative MOS threads to begin with.

yeah. very true

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: Good thing you're not Superman then. Lol

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

Zack Snyder says he had the DCEU mapped out before MOS he started with JL so yeah it was planned.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@w0nd said:

@stormshadow_x: I think they planned it, so future movies would have to involve gaining the peoples trust more. If he cleaned everything up neat and tidy, they would still be afraid of him for being godlike...but really he stopped a guy trying to terraform the earth without causing any collateral damage...how mad could you really be at the guy.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zach said he saw the Superman mythos as being like modern mythology, where you had two gods (or sometimea demigods) battling it out. He always planned on there being actual destruction from Zod's attack.

Comparatively speaking, the physical fight between Zod and Superman caused only a fraction of the damage the Black Zero did, with Zod again being responsible for the majority of it.

From the comments made in the trailer, I don't think Superman is being blamed for the damage, as many are suspecting, but for drawing Zod there in the first place, thereby making him indirectly responsibly for several blocks of Metropolis getting flattened.

That said, however, I do not think they originally planned for Zod's invasion becoming a highlight in such a capacity as it is now. That was probably more retroactive writing.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I think it was planned out but Zach wasn't expecting such a reaction from audiences. So what they did was tie the destruction into Batman v. Superman. Which by default makes MOS's destruction more justifiable(it already was but whatever). A very smart move on Warner Bros. part.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No that fool just trying to cover his sh*t.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By SaintWildcard

No that fool just trying to cover his sh*t.

Anyone with a sense of storytelling knew that they were going to address it in the sequel. Everyone was already speculating that Lex Luthor was going to attack him for it. I'll give you that Batman wasn't planned (he even said that Metallo was supposed to be the bad guys in MoS 2), but to deny that there was a plan for the destruction is foolish.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Congratulations, you figured out breathing :p

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Is it possible to have something like that in a movie that wasn't planned?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

All I know is if someone yelled at me for saving the planet because a couple buildings got destroyed I would give them a laser lobotomy and never come back

Some people can just be so ungrateful, smh..

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks kinda like that (or Snyder is just pretending), doesnt matter though Supes still didnt feel like Supes

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it was. In the batman v superman movie they address it, when the senator says superman will be held responsible. I think that's what they are addressing. I think that's also the reason Bruce feels that superman is such a threat because he saw how much destruction superman caused

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By darkdetective27

@thespoiler: Yes, have you seen Zack Snyder's movies. He probably thought it would be cool to just destroy half of Metropolis. I mean didnt the movie end and everything was all hunky dorey. I mean he took a comic that was all about characters and basically zero action and put in as much action as the story will allow. I like the idea that BvS will deal with the destruction, by I highly doubt it was planned to be the focal point of the sequal. Especially considering that Batman wasnt even planned to be in it. I still think BvS will be great.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldnt be a Bvs if there wasnt.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I don't think it was planned.

I think it just happened while they were shooting then thought the footage was too good not to release it.

^_^

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I'm surprised to see people so stubborn as to believe that the destruction was gonna be part of the sequel. It tends to be people who didn't like the movie so obvious bias cus they don't wanna admit something was good about the movie. Anyone with a sense of story telling knew leaving the theater that it would be addressed. I'll give you that Batman might not have been planned, but Lex Luthor being given a reason to go after Superman was.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yeah. They probably had it planned out, and probably had a script for Batman v. Superman whilst developing Man of Steel.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: No, they didnt have the idea for BvS until after MoS was made. They were thinking about using Metallo and then Zack Snyder was like what if for the third one we had Batman for him to fight and then it went from there.