Do you think that the Hulk should have been able to lift Mjolnir?

bygone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bygone

I don't think so, but I'd like to hear other peoples opinions

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By John Valentine

No.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Video_Martian

Eh, not really... no, I guess.

FrankenKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By FrankenKong

I say yes.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blood1991

@John Valentine said:

No.

bygone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bygone

@FrankenKong: why would you think that?

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Target_X

Newp.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Yes. At some point I would like him to get Worldbreaker angry and lift Mjolnir.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By dernman

No that would be dumb. It's not about strength.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Night Thrasher

Depends on which version of the Hulk and what he's angry about. World Breaker should but Joe Fixit shouldn't.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

Don't think so, doesn't it take more then just strength to lift it? Isn't it held down by Odin, and only those that are worthy can lift it?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#12  Edited By TheCannon

It would make no f*cking sense. Anyone could tell he's not worthy, and it has nothing to do with strength.

Kiltro95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Kiltro95

I'm on the fence about because technically only Thor should be able to lift Mjolnir but I thought it was epic how Hulk tossed it at Thor in Ultimate Avengers, and I was thinking we'd see it in the Avengers movie also since they were using so many aspects from the Ultimate Avengers

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JamesKM716

If yoou're asking if i think Hulk's worthy then no.

But should he reach a certein point of angry (Worldbreaker) i think it'd be epic if he lifted it.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheCowman

No, Hulk should never be able to lift Mjolnir. What many people (including some comic writers) often forget is that not being able to lift the hammer has nothing to do with strength or weight. It's not too heavy for others to lift; they simply CAN'T lift it. Like the sword in the stone legend, it's a magical enchantment so the laws of physics don't apply.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cfrehse

They tease that he could have lifted it. He grabbed it with both hands and the floor started cracking. Then thor tackled him again.

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Target_X

@cfrehse: Floor cracking would mean it isn't budging wouldn't it? O.o

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By moywar700

People have picked up his hammer so many times, it doesn't matter who picks it up.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By willpayton

No due to magic.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SC  Moderator

I think Hulk should lift Mjolnir as much as Spider-man should be able to rip off Hulk's own arm and knock him out with it. So not in canon, not often, I can't imagine why or how such a thing should happen, could potentially be cool to see, doubt either character could be that strong enough to do it in any consistent sense and other factors are relevant. Like Odin placing a worthiness enchantment on Mjolnir.   

FrankenKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FrankenKong

@bygone: Id like to believe that The Hulk's inhuman rage could overpower the laws set even by a god himself and transcend mysticism through sheer ferocity and power.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

If he is one day deemed worthy, yes, but he shouldn't ever...EVER be able to do it with brute strength alone, it defeats the entire purpose of the hammer.

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xybernauts

The Hulk should never be able to lift the Hammer. It's one of the things that makes Thor equal in many respects, to the Hulks power. If the Hulk can lift the hammer you take that one crucial advantage advantage away from Thor and in the process hurt Thors character. And you hurt the Thor vs. Hulk dynamic that makes their relationship so awesome. But I do think Bruce Banner should be able to lift the hammer. It might make for an interesting twist.

RoyHarperBLOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RoyHarperBLOW

@Kiltro95: I actually didn't think we would see it happen in the Avengers Movie because the whole freaking thor movie revolved around how you had to be worthy to pick up Mjolnir.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

Tbh weapons that have been designed, to be picked up by certain people, or have a certain criteria in wielding said weapon, should stick to those things. Removing them just doesn't make the weapon that special anymore.

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

I think Hulk can lift it just like he breaks every other barrier he shouldn't be possible with strength (because Hulks strength is so much more then just anger /muscle) but..... he should always get cocked blocked before he could do it. This is such a main representation for The Thor character and in the end comics are all about the character (I meant money).

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ImmortalOne

Never.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheCowman

@TheAcidSkull said:

i don't see why World was hulk couldn't be worthy? he and Thor are very similar in characteristics :)

Sorry, but if Superman isn't worthy to lift the hammer, then no way is Hulk worthy to lift it.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheCowman

@TheAcidSkull: Eh, he seemed to beat up as many innocents as he protected. Heroes who did nothing to him except try and stop their home and those they cared about from being destroyed.

Thor was arrogant. Maybe still is to some point. But the enchantment was put on Mjolnir to counteract his arrogance, not because of it. World War Hulk was arrogant, but I think he was also selfish. And I think that alone disqualifies him from wielding Mjolnir.

rico_3088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By rico_3088

i would like to see hulk lift it on pure strenght and some how over come the magic of odin. however after watching him take a beaten from zeus i don't think it should happen. sky fathers are to strong for hulk,

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheCowman

@TheAcidSkull said:

but yeah this is my view on the hulk, i see him as a hero who is hated and feared who yet still does the right thing.......

:)

Oh he's a hero. I'd never say he wasn't a hero. But so's the Punisher, and he'd never lift Mjolnir either. Wielding the hammer requires much more than simply sharing some personality traits with Thor. If that were the only requirement, most of the Marvel heroes could lift it.

Also, Hulk knew that the Illuminati shot him into space. He had no reason to hold this against any other heroes except them. But nope, he basically said 'get out of my way and let me do what I want' and when others didn't like it he beat them to a pulp. Not to mention that his anger ended up not being justified at all, since one of his own group was responsible for the destruction of his new home. If that guy hadn't betrayed him, Iron Man and others shooting him into space would've resulted in him being a king and having a loving family. Man, what monsters.

Iron Man cloned Thor which resulted in the death of Black Goliath. And yeah, Thor beat down Iron Man pretty good. But he beat down ONLY Iron Man. And Tony came to him first. Thor didn't destroy SHIELD to get at him or make him fight in gladiatorial combat or anything. So I still say Hulk doesn't lift Mjolnir.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By PowerHerc

No.

Never.

No way.

The Hulk is not worthy.

Never was. Never will be.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SC  Moderator
@TheAcidSkull said:

@SC said:

I think Hulk should lift Mjolnir as much as Spider-man should be able to rip off Hulk's own arm and knock him out with it. So not in canon, not often, I can't imagine why or how such a thing should happen, could potentially be cool to see, doubt either character could be that strong enough to do it in any consistent sense and other factors are relevant. Like Odin placing a worthiness enchantment on Mjolnir.

i don't see why World was hulk couldn't be worthy? he and Thor are very similar in characteristics :)

That is fair interpretation, and I like both character but I don't really think World War Hulk (is that what you meant by World?) is worthy the same way Thor is in fact I think regular old savage Hulk is probably more worthy than World War Hulk. World War Hulk was more intelligent than a lot of Hulks and was motivated by revenge. Revenge isn't a bad thing, but it can be quite selfish. He also necessitated the entire population of Manhattan be evacuated/relocated - thats a lot of people having to have to get out of the firing line, lots of children, elderly, sick, poor, pregnant, homeless, people who had to leave their homes, schools, work, businesses, just so Hulk could wage war against a few guys. Its true his motivations weren't as lethal or deadly as one could think - but he still wanted to instill fear into the people who wronged him and whether or not that was justified a lot of innocent people, had to pay a price. Not that it was all on Hulk - its not about blame but responsibility. He has to bear some. He acted out of self interest. In contrast you look at Siege and Thor's people and home was attacked unjustly, Asgardians died, home was destroyed and Thor practiced restraint even against Sentry as long as he could even given what he done. After Siege Thor didn't go looking for those who were responsible to punish them though with his power he definitely could have tracked down those responsible and put a hurt on them. Different circumstance of course though. Anyway but yeah I actually think normal Hulk has a better chance, but even then. I am pretty strict though personally, because I don't think that Captain America or Superman would be worthy either, because the enchantment isn't about morality - but a warriors morals. A well written Thor like under Simonson and JMS is a very wise character. Very stoic, very honorable. Does not look to kill, but can when deemed necessary. Walt Simonson as well I remember being of the belief that Captain America and Superman as written by him wouldn't be able to pick up the hammer typically.  

I can see what you mean about similarities though too. Hulk can be a warrior, and have a warriors code as well as be very very honorable. One of Marvels most honorable on occasion, but I am not sure if he is as stoic and wise as Thor or as forgiving, which is okay, because Hulk is Hulk and his own qualities are what matters. Not only that but Odin did sort of really design Thor's hammer enchantment and he fathered Thor so both were essentially destined for each other and Odin's idea of worthiness will likely favor his son.  

Another interesting thing is that in Greg Pak's original draft for World War Hulk I believe (can't remember too many specifics) he planned on having Hiroim or Korg being worthy to pick up Mjolnir during the planned Thor and Hulk fight causing Thor to accept Hulk's desire for revenge as it was just. It wasn't the Hulk though and Greg Pak being Greg Pak probably would have had Hulk do it if he thought he could. Alas. Still interesting though. **smile**                 
GreenFuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GreenFuse

No. He's not worthy.

I on the other hand...am not a fan of wars, violence, brake for squirrels, and I love puppies.

I would be able to lift Meow-Meow.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Crom-Cruach

hulk should never under any circumstances be able to lift mjolnir, period

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mettlekm

nah. he's not worthy... I wasn't happy with red hulk lifting it in outer space (zero gravity).

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#41  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

No. It should have nothing to do with strength.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

No, absolutely not. The only character currently in the cinema-verse (besides Thor and Odin obviously), that I'd accept lifting it is Captain America.