Do you think T'Challa would be worthy to lift Mjolnir?

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJ62

I actually do and I'll explain why. From what I've seen the qualifications of being worthy to lift Mjolnir are as follows: #1 Nobility, a sense of pride and honor. #2 General Morality, doing the right thing 95% of the time.  #3 Warrior's lifestyle, being skilled in battle and living the lifestyle of a warrior. The characters worthy of lifting Mjolnir in the past like Thor, Captain America, Beta Ray Bill and Storm fit these perfectly. Black Panther fits them perfectly as well, he's a noble king with a sense of pride and honor and duty to his people. He's a goodguy, he's moral Captain America once even said that he's one of the most noble guys he's ever met and this is a guy who knows Thor and others. He's a warrior too, he's one of the most highly skilled martial artists on the planet, he's good enough to stalemate Daredevil and hold his own with Cap, plus he lives the Warrior's lifestyle and fights to protect his kingdom. IMO, T'Challa SHOULD be worthy to lift Mjolnir. It just hasnt happened yet, what do you think?

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JJ62

SIDE NOTE: I also think Namor fits 2 out of 3, he's a great warrior and lives a Warrior's lifestyle and he's also noble with a sense of duty to his people. But he doesent do the moral thing most of the time so that disqualifies him IMO. But 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Veshark

I'm no expert on Mjolnir's Worthy thing (which seems to be a strong topic of debate in these forums), but I don't see why not. Your reasoning more or less makes sense. Also, BP is awesome!

Also, I thought the Mjolnir Storm lifted was a copy made by Loki?

ripcurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ripcurl

I'd say yeah, probably.

Although I disagree on Namor, he's a douche.

Avatar image for themarvelfanboy
TheMarvelFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheMarvelFanboy

@ripcurl said:

I'd say yeah, probably.

Although I disagree on Namor, he's a douche.

Co-sign

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nightwing4

I agree. BP is a great guy. He'd be pretty OP if that panther magic enhanced the asgardian magic in the hammer.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7  Edited By Aiden Cross

I believe so, he's got that righteous proud warrior mentality. (Though i don't agree with all his choices)

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Havenless

I disagree, BP has a bit of the Batman mentality. He has no problem being a heel if it means upholding what he believes in.

Also he has allegiances that he'd be willingly to destroy his character for. Wakanda is the biggest one. "KIll 1000 Americans to save 500 Wakandans?" If there was no other way around it, he might do that. Captain America is another one. Black Panther idolizes CA, he would never lay a hand on him even if it meant saving lives. Thor, on the other hand, would have no problem popping Steve's head off in the name of righteousness.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I was about to say by your logic, Namor would fit the bill. But then you posted it. And I agree with Havenless in a sense as Namor is the same way. Hell, Black Panther and Namor are both willing to blow up another world, while some of the other Illuminati members are as well, if it meant saving theirs. Which is perfectly understandable in that situation. Cap has rejected that idea and persists that there must be another way to save the world and the other. Cap's idea and Black Panther's idea of what is right is different when the chips are down can be very different.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By tg1982

Nope, I don't think Black Panther is worthy of lifting Thor's hammer. As god_spawn said he is willing to blow up another world, even if it is understandable, it's still sacrifice millions or billions of people. And Namor would never be worthy of lifting Mjolnir, especially after the tragedy that was AvX.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Pyrogram

I think maybe. Honesty never thought of this before though..

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#13  Edited By Teerack

Idk T'Challa always seemed a little to amoral when it comes to getting results.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely. T'challa is one of the most worthy people to lift it in the Marvel Universe. Everything that he does it for the safety of his people (first and foremost), and the world. He rivals CAP in not diverting from his views on whats right or wrong. He even went against his own GOD to stand up for what he believed he did was right for the people of wakanda (which it was). That should give you an idea on his moral compass.

AlForeigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree, I think T'Challa has what is required to be deemed worthy to lift Mjolnir. I wouldn't mind seeing that in the future although I would always like for Mjolnir to belong just to Thor IMO

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if steve rogers can who is basically a cheater...why can't a King, Leader who basically earned his ability not be able to wield mjolnir? Black Panther has very similar/opposite traits to THOR. He should have been worthy before Steve Rogers.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree, BP has a bit of the Batman mentality. He has no problem being a heel if it means upholding what he believes in.

Also he has allegiances that he'd be willingly to destroy his character for. Wakanda is the biggest one. "KIll 1000 Americans to save 500 Wakandans?" If there was no other way around it, he might do that. Captain America is another one. Black Panther idolizes CA, he would never lay a hand on him even if it meant saving lives. Thor, on the other hand, would have no problem popping Steve's head off in the name of righteousness.

No he doesnt lol.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Havenless

@tj849: Your elaborate and comprehensive counter-argument has swayed my opinion. Well done.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

I think maybe. Honesty never thought of this before though..

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I highly doubt he can lift the current hammer, unless he goes full HYDRA or have cancer of course

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Nope. I think Jack Burton would stand better chances if he was in the Marvel Universe. (Devilish Smirk) Honestly BP stands absolutely no chance of lifting Mjolnir due to his the ends justify the means mentality. Not to mention how I highly doubt The Panther God and Mjolnir would mix very well. Two things would have to happen in order for BP to be able to lift Thor's hammer.

1. Ditch his connection to the Panther God.

2. Be a protector for all life worthy of his protection and not hold Wakanda above everyone else.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, someone might say "Man-ape was right"

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Druzzie

Anybody and I mean ANYBODY can lift Moljinir. The only way you CAN NEVER lift it is if you cheated on your gf or bf/spouses/significant other. That's what happened to Blake, despite what he thinks Hydra Cap was able to lift it. The only difference between Blake and Cap, Blake cheated on Jane, Cap never cheated on anyone.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably. He is in many ways very much like Thor. He is a king, has a strong sense of pride, he will do want needs to bee done in order to defend his people and he tries to do the right thing most of the time. But he also gets his hands dirty when need be. Thor and Black Panther will murder and do whatever it takes to proctect their people. If the only way to save their own planet was to blow up another populated, they would do it without hesitation. One of the reasons why Batman would likely never lift the hammer is because while he is a noble man at his core, he would never kill.

Chubbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Chubbs

T’Challa did try to get revenge by attempting to kill a man who didn’t actually kill his father. That doesn’t sound like something somebody who was worthy would do.

But then again this topic was made before the Civil War movie

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worthy in Norse mythology does not translate well.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No tchalla doesn't have thor's beautiful hair.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think so.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Emanresu_20

Most Avengers should be worthy of Mjolnir but you know... reasons.

Even Thanos showed qualifications to be Worthy.

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Applekidthethird

Well. Apparently he is. Aaron's retcons sure are something else!

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mjolnir ain't special no more. Even my mom can lift it