Do you think Spiderman belongs in Marvel's "Trinity"?

• 99 results
Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Spider-ManWins

@kfabz-23: even with the mcu, marvel still knows who they owe it all to

we'll see just how massive cyborg is

hes been around thanks to teen titan cartoons, and hes still a nobody

ironman is boosted by downey, not himself, and the fact that hes in cinematic universe

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

im telling you, ironman is just a fad

superman makes pitiful merchandise sells and has lesser popularity overall than batman, but he remains the icon for dc

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: Cyborg is creeping up but let's see.

That second picture is awesome. Ironman is a just fad, but a fad that's here for a long time. Of course Spidey will eventually take his rightful spot back the dude is timeless.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@the_red_viper: Spider-Man is easily the most popular character from marvel so if Marvel had a trinity he would be in Batmans place.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guru_crack: to be honest

hes like batman and superman combined

hes the most iconic and the most popular in marvel

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There IS NO Marvel trinity. Lol.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Blackdog2009

@spider-manwins: the lower poster is legit right ? Don't tell me the top one actually exists.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

both are real!!

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

he should

EclipseBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: Spider-Man will always be a A-Lister. I'm not big of a fan of Iron Man though. Robert Downey is dope, but even he can't make me like Iron Man.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A trinity should consist of the companies most iconic/popular/influential Heros/heroines both in canon and out. Spidey is definitely one.

in cannon, do you mean in that universe, as a representative? like superman, batman and wonder woman? when the people of the city see those three, they command the room, they are instantly respected, applauded and called heroes by the majority. When any of those 3 enter the scene, the crowd backs up and lets them handle it.

I THINK that's what you mean by "in cannon" if that's the case, spider-man doesn't really command the room at all. He kind of just goes with the flow and hopes no one blames him for the mess, which in most cases they always do.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: Yea he is the most popular character in Marvel. A lot say third most popular world wide but Superman just can't compete with Spider-Man in popularity anymore.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man, hulk and then almost anyone for the third place, though F4 would fill the third spot in trinity nicely.

If we look at what was driving Marvel's success through the silver and bronze age of comics its those three, Spidey, HulkS and Fantastic four.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By lettsplay10

yes

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Captain America, Ironman & Thor

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@w0nd: yes that's what I mean.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guru_crack: supes is more of an icon though

superman cant match spider-man in any form of popularity, but hes still THE superhero

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: Have to agree hes not as popular but he probably the most iconic hero.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman is the trinity.

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he does. His power set and costume are extremely well known even outside of the comic book community. If you mention spidery-senses people know who you are talking about! I'm

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I thought the trinity was x-men, avengers, and fantastic four

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly think the only reason WW is in the trinity is because she was a girl and was shoved down the readers throats as part of the Trinity. If it were based on popularity, spidey would definitely be a part of that trinity.

JasonBourne_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guru_crack: supes is more of an icon though

superman cant match spider-man in any form of popularity, but hes still THE superhero

Of course..you'd say that with your avatar. It's highly subjective, therefore you're wrong. I know more people who like/reference Superman on a regular basis than Spider Man. More people wear Superman shirts, etc. From what I gather, Spider Man always plays second fiddle to Superman. Plus how can little ol you determine Worldwide popularity? Get back to me on that.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonbourne_: The fact is that more children like Spider-Man to Superman and more adults like spider-Man and more Spider-Man merchandise is sold and also Spider-Man Comics sold more and the films sold more. So what form of popularity are you basing Superman being more popular on?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Spidey is Marvel....

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey,Ironman,Cap.

Beata

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironman, Cap and Thor.

Anything else and you're just trying to push your favorites.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's in the iconic hero trinity, alongside Superman and Batman

Marvel doesn't really have a trinity

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say marvels trinity should be Spider-Man, iron Man, and captain America. Why is nobody saying cap should be in trinity? His movies are the most popular in mcu except for avengers and iron man films

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Spidey is Marvel! so if theres a trinity YES

JasonBourne_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By JasonBourne_

@guru_crack said:

@jasonbourne_: The fact is that more children like Spider-Man to Superman and more adults like spider-Man and more Spider-Man merchandise is sold and also Spider-Man Comics sold more and the films sold more. So what form of popularity are you basing Superman being more popular on?

Do you know every child in the world? You can not possibly equate popularity with what you mentioned. Superman has had ONE actually decent film out in over 3 decades. Spider man has had..5 total films in 12 years so he was "mainstream" for a while but Superman has and will always be more popular and well known esp. with BvS and the DCCU starting. More children in the world want to be Superman than Spider Man. What child wants to be bitten by a radioactive spider? None. What child wants to fly? All of them.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonbourne_: I can't speak for the entire world but I can only speak for what you see. How many children do you see wearing Superman merchandise? like none. How many wearing Spider-man merchandise? Hundreds. You pretty much stated I was right about the films. You didn't comment on the comics further proof that Spider-Man is currently more popular than Superman.

JasonBourne_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonbourne_: I can't speak for the entire world but I can only speak for what you see. How many children do you see wearing Superman merchandise? like none. How many wearing Spider-man merchandise? Hundreds. You pretty much stated I was right about the films. You didn't comment on the comics further proof that Spider-Man is currently more popular than Superman.

Disregarded, anecdotal conjecture is not fact. Stupidity detected. Reasoning/logic ignored. I will now ignore you for Eternity.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

In the Avengers?

Thor, Ironman, and Captain 'Murica.

But in terms of popularity:

Spiderman, Wolverine, and Ironman.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonbourne_: That is where your wrong as Spider-man always out sells Superman every month when the list of seller are uploaded on here so how is that incorrect? Superman also finished 3rd when we did the Top 100 Comicvine Heroes Villains whereas Spider-Man was second.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mravel doesn't have a "Trinity," that's just a blatant copy of DC!

DC's Trinity are actually important to comics...not some made of fantasy.

I mean, why even Iron Man, Thor and Cap? Namor, Human Torch and Cap are Marvel's first three heroes.

Marvel is always copying DC!

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Superguy1591

@guru_crack said:

I actually saw a little girl rocking a pink Superman tee today.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Thats awesome, I have nothing against Superman I quite like him in fact. its just the facts are there and people disregard facts because they don't like them.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: That was just you wearing a pink Superman shirt. "DC 's Trinity are actually important to comics...not some made of fantasy". Single dumbest post I've read today. Intelligence must be your kryptonite Supergay. You do realize even DC characters are fantasy, right?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Superguy1591

@lone_wolf_and_cub: DC's Trinity exist because they basically put the comic industry on their back in the late 1940s-early 1950s, when comics fell out of favor and companies were shutting down,and they kept DC afloat until the Silver Age.

DC's Trinity isn't some made up concept; they exist for an actual reason.

JasonBourne_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Thats awesome, I have nothing against Superman I quite like him in fact. its just the facts are there and people disregard facts because they don't like them.

People ignore the Spider Man troll who boasts of so called "facts" without providing them. Crawl under a rock already worthless fanboy.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonbourne_: If you actually look at my personal top 100 heroes you will see where Spider-Man is.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Spider-ManWins

@jasonbourne_: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=111109

more merchandise sells

6 times more, now that I took apt your pathetic claim, can I go back to people who can actually provide a challenge?

you "seeing" more superman shirts is worth poop in this

What i see are facts, and the fact is that spider-man makes more money than every other superhero combined

Man of steel gross (highest grossing superman movie) 668 million

the amazing spider-man (lowest grossing spider-man movie) 709 million

so spider-man at his absolute lowest still destroys superman at his highest

whos the worthless fanboy now?

And spider-man always outsells superman in comics

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cap, hulk and spiderman would be my trinity. they are the comic flagship people just like supes. diana and batman

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#95  Edited By Zeeguy91

@guru_crack said:

I literally see sooooooo many people wearing Superman merchandise. So, looks like you're 100% wrong.

No Caption Provided

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

@superguy1591: That was just you wearing a pink Superman shirt. "DC 's Trinity are actually important to comics...not some made of fantasy". Single dumbest post I've read today. Intelligence must be your kryptonite Supergay. You do realize even DC characters are fantasy, right?

If you're trying to actually convince people that you are anything more than a Marvel fanboy, you're really not doing a good job of it.

JasonBourne_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

more merchandise sells

6 times more, now that I took apt your pathetic claim, can I go back to people who can actually provide a challenge?

What i see are facts, and the fact is that spider-man makes more money than every other superhero combined

Ignored. Worthless Marvel fanboys don't deserve validation.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Spider-ManWins

@zeeguy91: doesnt matter what you see

what matters is what happens

your cause is being "helped" by an **** calling other people worthless fanboys, so in reality, hes not a help to your cause at all

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=111109

more merchandise sells

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins said:

more merchandise sells

Boo-hoo. You were right master, Spider-Man is more popular. You even had the FACTS and everything!! God dang, I'm so butthurt that I'm going to call you a fanboy to make myself feel better!!

Well, glad you realized your mistake

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Jimishim12

Deadpool might be the next Hulk at this point, Cap and Spidey's legacy are untouched but Wade is gaining super hype now and if he beats Batman v Supes or the Cap America, he's probably gonna share the mascot role with Spidey like Wolvie once did.

Spidey is less likely as big as Batman because Marvel is keeping Spider-Man at a more family friendly level of marketing, he's thier Mickey Mouse so to speak, his mature tones and edgy side is over because Deadpool replaced him in being in that(R rated comedic slice of life and action) and Marvel doesn't want the two confused with one another, plus Spidey's old tales as a poor under achieving everyman is a primal staple of every other current super hero especially young ones during the years, Spidey would not be unique or fresh despite he introduced it years ago so they have to make Spiderman young and simple to make the hero grow with the times as a kid so he can grow with this generation.

Adult Peter has to be relevant to a new age of progress as well, thats why he's rich and he's doing stuff beyond his street level stories, he(Pre OMD) was out dated in a era of forward thinking achievers of todays era, and not the low wage economically challenged slack offs of the 90s/early 2000s.